how do you predict death?

JUPITERASC

Also, Ptolemy does not talk for Alcoccoden.
Porphyry of Tyre makes the following intereting comment in his "Introduction" :smile:

Section 1 Introduction

"While Ptolemy was aware of many of the basic concepts laid out in this book, including testimony, keeping guard, superiority and the ultimate ruler of the chart, he did not disclose the exact examples of these concepts, which might raise doubts in regard to these ancient methods that were initiated well before our time. And so we have set out to convey these teachings, bound to us by the ancients, in a manner that is both concise yet well-arranged into separate sections, so that the concepts can beeasily absorbed by the student who has yet to be initiated into these subjects"

Last edited:

Claire19

Death is unpredictable. There are a variety of variables that go into it and you just can't account for them all with something as vague as astrology.

For example, some people have charts that show they should've died in childhood. And this would be 100% true... 500 years ago when we didn't have vaccines for smallpox. Or maybe you'll get shot and die, except the hospital you were sent to has the most advanced trauma center in the world and they manage to perform a miracle and save you. You never know, with all the advances we have it's hard to say how or why someone will die.

Furthermore, as someone stated above, it's immoral for an astrologer to tell you of your time of death. The reason being is similar to an effect researchers observe when they're studying people. The presence of the researcher invariably changes the subject. The same is true for the astrologer; the knowledge of your death changes how you respond to it, leading to a strong possibility the initial outcome was changed.
Astrology is not vague to those who are experienced and knowledgeable. Medical advances do not pertain to an individual's chart, as you have described. Our path and life influence are set by the time date and place of birth and has no bearing on what may have happened 100 years ago. Your premise is faulty.

waybread

Claire, you have given a philosophical opinion, not a set of facts. I won't repeat all my previous posts, but they have several counters to your position.

Let me repeat one of them. History is replete with examples of senior astrologers who made death predictions and got it wrong. One fun example is John Partridge vs. Jonathan Swift in the 17th century.

This is just unacceptable for something as serious as death prediction for a discipline as poorly respected by educated people as astrology.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Claire, you have given a philosophical opinion, not a set of facts. I won't repeat all my previous posts, but they have several counters to your position.

Let me repeat one of them. History is replete with examples of senior astrologers who made death predictions and got it wrong. One fun example is John Partridge vs. Jonathan Swift in the 17th century.

This is just unacceptable for something as serious as death prediction for a discipline as poorly respected by educated people as astrology.
Incorrect information regarding the time of birth is one of the more obvious causes of “getting it wrong” regarding the prediction of “critical times” and IMO it is important to question the verifiable accuracy of the notation of birth times in the 17th century :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
Incorrect information regarding the time of birth is one of the more obvious causes of “getting it wrong” regarding the prediction of “critical times” and IMO it is important to question the verifiable accuracy of the notation of birth times in the 17th century :smile:

I have found a link written by a blogger of astrology. He emphasized the important of The Rectification Procedure-clarifying accuracy of birth time against previous major life events by looking at transits.

The points that he mentioned in this link, I believed myself had also given the similar points in this thread. Treat this link as the reference of my previous reply.

http://astrology.infoniac.com/birth_time.html

Last edited:

Inconjunct

I can predict death. You will die - there, death predicted. When? At some point in the future. If someone asked me to do this astrologically, I think I would need to delve into what prompted the question as I don't believe it could be predicted with any certainty, and providing such a prediction only leaves the person to ponder and maunder about their own death rather than live

JUPITERASC

All the evidence is that EVERYONE who has ever been born shall inevitably at some stage experience the process of death and dying. Obviously, therefore our death is predicted at the moment of birth - because without exception, all those who are born are on their way to their own personal experience of death
It is interesting that in India - where cultural views on marriage differ from those in the west - it is customary to consult an astrologer, PART of whose job it is to assess the potential health/length of life of the prospective couple. The excellent and common-sense idea is, that by marrying a partner with a similar potential lifespan one avoids (if possible) a situation where a widower/widow could outlive a partner by many years - perhaps a decade or more. When, - after delineating the relevant charts - such a situation is noted, then the clients are advised to consider alternative marriage partners. :smile:

sethi

how do you predict death?
Part of Death? the 8th house? the 12th house? Saturn? the Hyleg?

Well I don't really know about how to exactly see death in the chart but the type of death can sometimes be easily seen in the hands.

Death may / might be predicted by looking at squares and opposition of major stars.

But some people had sometime back discussed how the 150 degree was also very important. But I don't really see how