Retrograde Mercury Leo in 10th house

cuallito

Hi. I'm trying to help a buddy out with his career. I can post the chart of anyone wants to see it, but in the interest of keeping it simple, his main aspect career wise is a RETROGRADE Leo mercury in the 10th house.
I'm by no means an expert, but what I've found online says that people with this placement see the big picture easily and loose the details, which is very true for him. But they also say that people with this placement make good public speaker, PR people etc. My buddy is exactly the opposite and hates that type of stuff, probably due to the retrograde.
So anyone seen a chart of a successful person with this placement? What'd they do?

katydid

Hi. I'm trying to help a buddy out with his career. I can post the chart of anyone wants to see it, but in the interest of keeping it simple, his main aspect career wise is a RETROGRADE Leo mercury in the 10th house.
I'm by no means an expert, but what I've found online says that people with this placement see the big picture easily and loose the details, which is very true for him. But they also say that people with this placement make good public speaker, PR people etc. My buddy is exactly the opposite and hates that type of stuff, probably due to the retrograde.
So anyone seen a chart of a successful person with this placement? What'd they do?

My husband has a Retrograde Mercury in Aries, in the 12th house. It is square his Cancer Moon. And he is a best selling author and highly respected screenwriter. Retrograde mercury people can attain success in their careers, in my experience.

cuallito

Here's their chart, if anyone wants to take a crack at it:

2vwzpqf.png

MiaMiaMia

I have R Mercury as well (but 7th house Aquarius). I don´t buy this as an obstacle, more like a different less stereotypical approach of the planet. Perhaps we don´t come off as very mercurian, or use it in a more introverted fashion?

Also, as another example, I have R Mars, and people don´t see my drive unless I go into full gear, and don´t think of me as argumentative until it happens.

Maybe we have more deliberate control over it, since it´s hidden and internalized?

Don´let it discourage you, could even be an advantage, like for example a new approach to mercurian matters.

MiaMiaMia

Your buddy might hate that type of stuff because he FEELS bad at it, even though there is potential, but since it´s in R it´s less visible. He could BECOME good at it if he accepted that a less obvious part of him exists to his advantage.

ukdesifem

Here's their chart, if anyone wants to take a crack at it:

2vwzpqf.png

A person's career potential is from the sum of all aspects, not just one.

Whilst you friend has Mercury in 10th/Leo, he has most planets beneath the Equator, so he is more introverted. This may be way he dislikes public speaking.

He needs a career imho best suited to not only his introversion, but his Cancer MC. Cancer is the sign of community, caring, nurturing.

He has many planets in the lower quadrant, which is (not an official term) what I call the subjective quadrant. As the Eastern hemisphere and Northern Hemispheres are about personal affairs, then people with many planets in these houses tend to be very private, or not very open/out there.

I think your friend could be an able counsellor or in some kind of helping profession. He has a Grand Water Trine, and with Chiron in the 9th house, this could be helping others in education or higher learning.

he also has Sun in 10th house, which shows ambition. As for a career, I think a Water career as it were like I mentioned before, or something related to this.