aspects and singing talent

flea

Why not give this a go yourself, and take an educated gues at what might be involved. Are you askig the question for yourself, if so your own chart might give you clues. There are many astrology books that can give you some ideas. If you have a go yourself and contribute you increase the chance of interesting answers.

What kind of singing, and how do you define the talent?

Love Light Flea

gesura

flea said:
Why not give this a go yourself, and take an educated gues at what might be involved. Are you askig the question for yourself, if so your own chart might give you clues. There are many astrology books that can give you some ideas. If you have a go yourself and contribute you increase the chance of interesting answers.

What kind of singing, and how do you define the talent?

Love Light Flea

Besides a good ear for music,I read somewhere that a strong 2nd house is likely for a strong voice. I wonder how true this is.

Charm

It's true. I am a singer. I have 3 planets in the 2nd house. I also have Jupiter in Taurus (throat) in house 7 which trines my sun in house 2. Venus in pisces (arts). Taurus rules the throat. Barbara Streisand is a taurus and has a taurus stellium in her chart somewhere if I am not mistaken. There also have to be some aspects about channelling emotion. For instance, I have moon in leo which is dramatic.

tikana

Hi

Good question

I believe it is 3rd and 5th

3rd for the vocal
5th for artistic talent

i would look at people who are talented singers live on stage.. you can have the crappiest voice but with technology these days you can fix the biggest flaws

just check out Arch Enemy's front girl .. i cant listen to her at all! i call that growling mixed with god knows what. LOL

Charm

That makes sense. I have sun on house 3 cusp and almost in house 3. I also have venus in pisces and pisces on house 5.

DofS

Re: moved posts, to all

I have a moon and 7th house in Taurus.
Capricorn in 3rd House
Pisces in 5th house

Does that make me a good singer?

redwolf481

Charm said:
It's true. I am a singer. I have 3 planets in the 2nd house. I also have Jupiter in Taurus (throat) in house 7 which trines my sun in house 2. Venus in pisces (arts). Taurus rules the throat. Barbara Streisand is a taurus and has a taurus stellium in her chart somewhere if I am not mistaken. There also have to be some aspects about channelling emotion. For instance, I have moon in leo which is dramatic.

charm I am an actor...I know my teachers allways comment that my voice resonates very veyr well...and I know I have a great speaking voice.....but I have never sung enough to know if I am a great great singer...always been intrested.....I don't have a strong 2nd house(I don't think I do...saturn is there) but I have many many many planets in taurus....libra rising moon in taurus venus in taurus vertex in taurus node in taurus all conjunct(well node is only conjunct moon and venus) all of those planets except the node trine neptune..... I have jupiter in the 5th house as well....but I never thought I should be a singer..Ihave done karoke nervously and am really nervous and not done exceptional...I have a 3rd house uranus and neptune as well and my 3rd house ruler is in the 5th(jupiter)
my vertex is at 4 degrees taurus

View the PDF drawing (for subscribers)with transitsView the additional tables (PDF) Back to the chart selection

How to print the chart without the text shown on this page:
Click on the image. You get a new page showing only the image. Print it as usual. PS: Printing problems: If the chart is too big for your printer, please also save the image on your hard disk. It is simply a GIF-format bitmap which can be opened with most image processing software. To save, click on the image with the right mouse button, and choose a filename ending with .gif when asked.
Graphics software will allow you to scale and rotate images, so that they fit on your printer. For professional print quality you should consider the 'Acrobat PDF' option which is offered on top of the chart drawing, at the left side. The PDF charts are available for a small subscription fee.

Copyright © 2007 Astrodienst AG - report a problem -
send.png
Send page

AquariusT

I did the chart of an Opera singer. She had a stellium in Libra. Sun, Venus, Node, Mercury and Moon in Libra, in the 3rd. It trined her Mars in Gemini. She can really hit the high notes. A real soprano!

theV

My friend tells me I should be voice actor or coach cause Imitate sounds and voices
I have 3rd house mercury libra and moon Sagittarius in 5th house and Venus virgo in 2nd house

FreeWing

I love to sing and I do sing quite well, modesty aside! :D

I have 2 planets in the 2nd house - the conjunction Neptune/Uranus in Capricorn. The ruler of my 2nd house - Saturn dignified in Aquarius - is in my 3rd house conjunct Mars in Aquarius aswell, which is the ruler of my 5th house, benefiting from the conjunction with Saturn (Mars exalts in Capricorn). Both square Pluto in Scorpio in my 12th house. I also have an exalted Venus in Pisces in the 3rd! :sideways: I have Mercury in Aries in the 4th, squares Neptune/Uranus, sextiles Saturn, trines Quiron.

ZeraNika98

Hi

Good question

I believe it is 3rd and 5th

3rd for the vocal
5th for artistic talent

i would look at people who are talented singers live on stage.. you can have the crappiest voice but with technology these days you can fix the biggest flaws

just check out Arch Enemy's front girl .. i cant listen to her at all! i call that growling mixed with god knows what. LOL

So if it was Pisces in 3rd house cusp and a Taurus in the 5th house cusp, would that be a singer too?

I heard Taurus placements in a chart would give a person singing talent, since Taurus is a sign that rules the throat. So placements that would give someone singing talent would be:

Any personal planets in Taurus, specifically venus in Taurus.
Any personal planets in 2nd house, specifically venus in 2nd house.
Midheaven in Taurus.
Venus conjunct midheaven

GeminiGrrl

I am a singer (although not a professional one -- at least not yet) and I have an extremely good voice. I have my Moon in Taurus in the fifth house -- and as some people have already pointed out, Taurus rules the throat. The Moon forms mostly positive aspects in my natal chart, and the Moon is also thought to be exalted in Taurus. Neptune, a planet often associated with creativity, has a lot of influence in my chart as well -- not because I have several planets in Pisces in my chart (although I do have my IC there), but because I have retrograde Neptune conjunct my Ascendant in the twelfth house and because Neptune is a singleton planet in my chart. It's also the apex of a yod in my chart (the other two parts being Saturn in Aries in the fifth and Mercury in Gemini in the seventh) and it forms a biquintile aspect with my Sun/Venus/Mars stellium in Gemini -- biquintile aspects, from what I've read, are associated with creativity as well. My North Node is also in the fifth house in Aries, suggesting that creativity has at least something to do with the lesson that I am supposed to learn in this incarnation. Saturn, the planetary ruler of my second house (which is in Capricorn) is also in my fifth house.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
Well I have been told and I’m very aware that I have a sexy voice. Ok this is off topic a bit now so I’m not a talented singer but my speaking voice is sexy! It’s sweet with a hint of husk/crack in it...... I’m 3rd house Venus in sag along with merc and nep. Scorpio is in 3rd too with Uranus.

Juniper

I'm a professional singer and I have Taurus (Venus) ruling my tenth house. My Moon and Chiron are also closely conjunct my MC, so perhaps there's a lot of emotion expressed there! Libra (Venus) rules my third house of course, and I have powerful Pluto in there as well. I have neptune in the 5th ruled by Sag, which I've been told is is very good for performing, and Venus is placed in my 6th house. My ascendant and north node are in Leo. My mercury is in Pisces. I wish I played an instrument, as I do struggle with musical theory and writing my own music, but I have a good ear, and I've done well with my voice...likely more to do with acting ability and stage presence. I hope that helps...

Also, I did the chart of a very successful singer-songwriter recently, and if I remember correctly, she had a Gemini Sun, Pisces Moon, Scorpio MC with Neptune and Mars in her tenth, and Aries ruled her 3rd of course (gifted with composition and stories and a very strong and powerful voice).

Last edited: