Seeking New Career

Kitchy

Banned
Usual story for this board: I'm seeking a new career... not that I've really had an old one! I've had lots of jobs but never felt I could make a real career out of any of them. I have a liberal arts bachelor's degree and absolutely no interest in graduate school, although I wouldn't mind taking a class or short training program if it were something I was interested in and I had the means to do it.

What I've gotten from previous analyses of my chart is that Uranus at the midheaven needs lots of variety (true for me), sixth house cusp in Gemini indicates impatience with routines and abilities for teaching, speaking, and/or writing (somewhat true for me), and second house cusp in Aquarius, coupled with Uranus at the midheaven, suggests unusual ways of making money. Nothing I've ever had any interest in doing has made enough money, though, which really leaves me stuck. One reason why I can't move forward is every step I can think of to take requires money that I don't have and can't acquire without first moving forward. I can't move forward without money, and I can't get money without moving forward.

Here's what else I require from any job, and I've never been able to find anything that meets these requirements: I completely lack the ability to multitask, I can't do anything that requires concentration, ie paperwork, unless I'm in a completely silent and distraction free environment, and while I absolutely have to have structure to be able to work, I completely lack the ability to create structure for myself. So I need structure created for me, but not rigid structure, no multitasking expected of me, and a distraction free environment if I'm expected to do any office-type work. I can't work under pressure, either. I also need ample physical movement, preferably outdoors.

So what could possibly give me the variety I need, and expectations appropriate for my abilities, and decent to excellent pay... and be suitable with my birth chart?

Hello -

Ruler of MC is Venus and located in 8th house conjunct Mercury. Venus squares Moon in 12th - so your natural inclinations will not feel emotionally gratifying because of that grand trine of sun moon jupiter.

Moon rules 7th house though and Saturn in it - which trines Mars in 6th - you have the ability to suceed at gritty work.

Have you ever considered estate sales or deconstruction of homes to preserve historical building materials?

2nd house ruler Uranus of "stuff" and building materials is on 10th. Consider yourself an historic preservationist.

Making money off of other people's stuff who've passed on Moon 12th trine Sun 8th - and Merc Venus already waiting there to get the cash.

Any square of Merc Venus in a chart is harmless - in 8th? it just means you have to smile and look pretty while you take the cash of buttholes who want to talk you down in price.

Jupitr at 4th IC shows you love old stuff - history - you get pleasure/bounty from it. Especially in grand trine from 4th 8th 12th.

Last edited:

katydid

I love the idea of taking an herbology class. I think that is perfect for your Part of Fortune, Jupiter and IC connection. And it can incorporate your knowledge of Astrology down the line. And maybe eventually the study of healing/herbs/astrology. :love:

Osamenor

Staff member
Hello -

Ruler of MC is Venus and located in 8th house conjunct Mercury. Venus squares Moon in 12th - so your natural inclinations will not feel emotionally gratifying because of that grand trine of sun moon jupiter.

Moon rules 7th house though and Saturn in it - which trines Mars in 6th - you have the ability to suceed at gritty work.

Have you ever considered estate sales or deconstruction of homes to preserve historical building materials?

2nd house ruler Uranus of "stuff" and building materials is on 10th. Consider yourself an historic preservationist.

Making money off of other people's stuff who've passed on Moon 12th trine Sun 8th - and Merc Venus already waiting there to get the cash.

Any square of Merc Venus in a chart is harmless - in 8th? it just means you have to smile and look pretty while you take the cash of buttholes who want to talk you down in price.

Jupitr at 4th IC shows you love old stuff - history - you get pleasure/bounty from it. Especially in grand trine from 4th 8th 12th.

Interesting take. I don't know if you read the other posts in this thread... can't quite tell from your response here... but if you did, you would see I have made a new choice.

However, it's interesting that you mention "gritty work." I can certainly handle that, done it before, just need something more than plain old gritty work. Also interesting what you say about history. I do find history very, very fascinating.

Dealing with old stuff isn't my cup of tea, though. I had a boyfriend who loved antiquing, and that just bored me to tears. On the other hand, when he showed me artifacts he'd found (he was an archaeologist) and told me stories about them, that caught my attention.

When it comes to history, I'm much more about the ideas than the literal preservation of stuff.

I see that coming out, though, in the herbalism course I'm about to do. Part of it deals with learning something about your ancestral traditions, whatever they may be, and herbs associated with them. And herbalism itself is as old as humanity, only modern medicine tends to discredit it, so in that respect, being an herbalist means reclaiming and preserving something old.

Kitchy

Banned
Hello Oso -

No, I never read the other posts until after I answer the original post. Too much distraction from what I sense and imagine. I read them following.

So, are you asking what new career will work for you or are you seeking new career in something you imagine you'd love to do?

As long as it pertains to history, preservation and honoring the 'dead' - you will find success - education, conservation, curation - you will succeed.

If you are truly interested in herbology and medicinal - then you might consider Chinese Medicine - at any age - it is an acceptable learning environment for mid-life students. Double down on your studies though - because millineums are much harder to absorb than a couple of centuries of knowledge and practice.

I believe you are meant to make money, though, with that grand trine and its related aspects - through preservation of the past. As long as you stick with that - you will find your success.

However you find it -

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Hello Oso -

No, I never read the other posts until after I answer the original post. Too much distraction from what I sense and imagine. I read them following.

So, are you asking what new career will work for you or are you seeking new career in something you imagine you'd love to do? -

That's what I was asking when I started the thread--both of those things. That last post I made was a follow up, to let those who advised me previously know what I'd done with their advice, and see if I could get clarification on some points.

For exactly that reason, I really want people to read the previous posts in my threads before they post in them, especially if, like in this one, it's been many months and/or many posts since the thread began. The discussion could have taken twists and turns, and there could be entirely new developments, and what you would think from reading just the first post may no longer be true.

That said, I like what you said about history. I'm glad you said it after I'd gone through all that "land" discussion and made my decision, though, because it would've probably felt wrong to me before. Now that I am on a path, I can see how history relates to it, it's just not quite what you imagined.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
As long as it pertains to history, preservation and honoring the 'dead' - you will find success - education, conservation, curation - you will succeed.
Interesting. Did you read my mention that I worked in environmental education before?

If you are truly interested in herbology and medicinal - then you might consider Chinese Medicine - at any age - it is an acceptable learning environment for mid-life students. Double down on your studies though - because millineums are much harder to absorb than a couple of centuries of knowledge and practice.
Actually, what's taught as "traditional Chinese medicine" today is only as old as the Cultural Revolution of the mid twentieth century. At that time, the Communists condensed various bodies of traditional knowledge, and marketed that as China at its best. That was a dumbing down of millennia of knowledge into a kind of "Reader's Digest" version. It's based on more ancient practices, yes, but in and of itself, still quite new.

The course I'm about to take includes multiple herbalism traditions, from multiple cultures. Chinese is one of them, but not the only. More a melting pot kind of herbalism, suited for a diverse modern America.

With good longevity genes--which both sides of my family have--and luck, I might have another 40 years to learn and practice herbalism. In that case, I might become a junior expert on something someday! Really, it takes more than a lifetime.

I believe you are meant to make money, though, with that grand trine and its related aspects - through preservation of the past. As long as you stick with that - you will find your success.

However you find it -
Good advice. I'll keep that in mind!

muchacho

Usual story for this board: I'm seeking a new career... not that I've really had an old one! I've had lots of jobs but never felt I could make a real career out of any of them. I have a liberal arts bachelor's degree and absolutely no interest in graduate school, although I wouldn't mind taking a class or short training program if it were something I was interested in and I had the means to do it.

What I've gotten from previous analyses of my chart is that Uranus at the midheaven needs lots of variety (true for me), sixth house cusp in Gemini indicates impatience with routines and abilities for teaching, speaking, and/or writing (somewhat true for me), and second house cusp in Aquarius, coupled with Uranus at the midheaven, suggests unusual ways of making money. Nothing I've ever had any interest in doing has made enough money, though, which really leaves me stuck. One reason why I can't move forward is every step I can think of to take requires money that I don't have and can't acquire without first moving forward. I can't move forward without money, and I can't get money without moving forward.

Here's what else I require from any job, and I've never been able to find anything that meets these requirements: I completely lack the ability to multitask, I can't do anything that requires concentration, ie paperwork, unless I'm in a completely silent and distraction free environment, and while I absolutely have to have structure to be able to work, I completely lack the ability to create structure for myself. So I need structure created for me, but not rigid structure, no multitasking expected of me, and a distraction free environment if I'm expected to do any office-type work. I can't work under pressure, either. I also need ample physical movement, preferably outdoors.

So what could possibly give me the variety I need, and expectations appropriate for my abilities, and decent to excellent pay... and be suitable with my birth chart?
Well, that's an easy one, (using whole sign houses) Sun as ruler of 8th in 8th, Pluto and Uranus in 10th, ruler of 10th in 9th, Moon with Neptune in the 12th in Sagittarius... looks like a career in what you're already doing here on the forum, duh. :tongue:

Osamenor

Staff member
Well, that's an easy one, (using whole sign houses) Sun as ruler of 8th in 8th, Pluto and Uranus in 10th, ruler of 10th in 9th, Moon with Neptune in the 12th in Sagittarius... looks like a career in what you're already doing here on the forum, duh. :tongue:

Again, please read the previous posts before you make a post! If you did that, you would know that I'm no longer asking for the kind of advice I was asking for when I started the thread.

muchacho

Again, please read the previous posts before you make a post! If you did that, you would know that I'm no longer asking for the kind of advice I was asking for when I started the thread.
Wow, that's pretty rude. I didn't see that request in your OP (because there wasn't any). You can't expect people to always read the entire thread or even expect them to comply with a request you've buried somewhere in the middle. Given your OP my reply is perfectly reasonable. I see you've edited your OP now. You should have done that earlier. No need to blame others for your own shortcomings.

Osamenor

Staff member
Wow, that's pretty rude. I didn't see that request in your OP (because there wasn't any). You can't expect people to always read the entire thread or even expect them to comply with a request you've buried somewhere in the middle. Given your OP my reply is perfectly reasonable. I see you've edited your OP now. You should have done that earlier. No need to blame others for your own shortcomings.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect people to pay attention, notice when a thread is old, and read the posts so that they know what they're talking about when they post. You never can know if your reply to an early post is still relevant if there have been many additional posts and you don't bother to read the additional posts.

I did say twice on this page, before you posted, that I ONLY want to hear from people who read the other posts first. I edited the first post after your post showed me that, even after I made that request repeatedly, not everyone is considerate enough to do that.

kshantaram

Premium Member
may be this attempted reading could provide further insights
into your chart, hope will find this useful to pick from as relevant!

asc lord sat cancer 7th, highest planetary deg, the personality,
sat sensitive cancer, sat aspect own cap asc, weak health-knees,
can be overall protective of general well-being however.

jup 2nd highest deg factor for vocation,
jup aries 3rd, advisory-counseling-teaching roles,
retro jup delayed results, jup retro towards own pisces 3rd
again advisory-counseling-healing-teaching-singing-spiritual roles

gemini 6th preference for analytical work environment,
information processing, information technology applications etc

mer lord 6th elevated virgo 8th, success amidst adversity,
mer lord 9th negating to 8th, negating luck,
may be not enough support from father.
virgo-mer 9th settling at 32+ the thumb rule.
mer debilated-weak aspect over pisces 2nd affecting finances.

sun own leo 8th able to cope with major challenges effectively,
success amidst adversity,
sun leo 8th aptitude for medical research,
trine supportive aspect from jup aries,

mer-venus virgo 8th again aptitude for
scholarly research into literature, astrology, health-medicine,
mer-venus lords 9/10 conj tending to prosperity, sudden gains.

venus debilated/weak in virgo, lord mer elevated,
debilation cancelled, hence gradual pace of growth,
venus lord 10th debilated 8th, career issues/problems.

rahu true node scorpio 11th debilated, tends to indulge into occult,
foreign friends and occultists probably, but not to indulge too much,
could be deceptive, scorpio the dark pit,
scorpio the fixed sign, difficult to get out of it,

faith permitting may float 1.25kg mustard seeds over
clean flowing river tues late evening for debilated rahu as remedial.

rahu scorpio secretive, sentimental, suspicious
rahu 11th scorpio 6th from 6th for health
prone to urological health issues, tending to tb-cancer to care.

currently jup-rahu virgo 9th, tending to distant travels-pilgrimage,
scope for vitiating judgment, taking wrong decisions,
tending to rise-fall to care, decide wisely-judiciously, not to regret.
jup lord 12th for foreign lands-travels.

ketu the separative node taurus 5th, anxiety,
love of food and comforts, creative-energetic-stubborn,
alienation in romance and from children,
prone to pain-injury-surgery throat-thyroid, heart-stomach,

ketu transit spiritual pisces 3rd, impulsive, accident prone,
scope for place transfer/seeking thereof perhaps.

prayers to Christ tues mornings, offering red flowers.

scorpio-mars 11th inimical-not conducive for cap asc,
stress-delays in income-gains-friendships,

inimical mars over gemini 5th, mars zero deg weak,
stress-delays in education-romance-children-position/status,
mars gemini good at logics-analytical, temperamental/irritative
affecting romance-relationship probably,
mars elevated aspect over cap asc promoting health-wealth.

venus lord 5th debilated-very weak over virgo 8th
affecting education-romance etc, debilation cancelled as said,
gradual pace of growth, mer-venus virgo 8th aptitude for astrology.
debilated venus virgo 8th could suggest weak kidneys-intestine.

may wear 0.25 carat diamond over platinum pendant touching heart
to strengthen venus lord 5/7 for education-romance-position-career.

moon 12th sag for medicine, foreign lands, philosophy, law-justice,
optimistic, ambitious, impulsive, sportive,
mother highly supportive probably,
moon 7th lord over 12th spouse from foreign-distant lands perhaps,
separative tendencies, jup aries trine aspect moon-sag protective.

asc lord sat transit heading towards moon sag 12th
tending to foreign lands,
sat transit moon, under stress,
restraint on expenses/budgets probably,
moon lord 7th, sat transit affecting relationship,
sat sag aspect own acq 2nd protective of min bank balances,
but may not be good for health of family members to watch-care.
sat 12th sag could impact health, feet-thighs-heart-lungs etc.

jup-rahu virgo 9th and sat sag 12th sq foreign travels-education
under stress/challenges. sat-moon sag philosophical.

come March sat turns retro for 4-5m towards scorpio-rahu 11th,
income-gains-friendship under stress.
while could promote research-occult aptitudes.

could float 125gms black pepper over a clean flowing river
tues late evening after sunset to disperse negative energies.

currently sat transit early sag 11th, gains from old friends.

sat sag opp mars gemini, stress-struggle however in
health-income-gains-friendships-romance-children-position-education etc

could wear pearl over silver pendant to overcome inimical mars,
affecting 5th house matters.

jup now 4-5m retro towards sun leo 8th trine moon sag,
promoting sudden gains, medicine, foreign lands,
jup trine aries 4th promoting domestic comforts-property matters.

may wear emerald for elevated mer, to promote luck,

sun lord 9th from moon own leo good, supportive of luck,
sun own 8th leo success amidst adversity.

cap asc ambitious-hardworking, wanting/able to reach the top,
sat aspect own cap supportive, but extra sensitive in cancer.
sat cancer affecting abdominal health, heart, lungs, etc.

sat debilated aspect over jup aries 3rd affecting initiative, siblings,
while could have service aptitude, service to the society etc.
could observe fast sat evenings.

chart with elevated mer-venus own virgo 8th,
research occult aptitudes,
and sun own leo 8th success amidst adversity,
medical research, etc,
moon sag 12th psychology-medicine-philosophy-foreign lands, etc,
inimical mars 5th gemini logical but affecting education-romance etc
while debilated rahu over inimical scorpio 11th
tending to occult indulgence, deception from foreign friends, etc,
while being reserved, sentimental, suspicious.

asc lord sat transit moon sag 12th tending to foreign lands,
while jup-rahu virgo 9th vitiating judgment, tending to rise-fall to care.
ketu transit pisces 3rd impulsive, accident prone, seeking change/transfer,
hope sat moving to own cap asc touches the plateau of growth-stability,
sat cap elevated aspect over libra 10th for career growth.

hope will find the reading of some interest.

could share ground feedbacks on the various interpretations,
which could be interesting to learn of. technicalities apart.
whether true-untrue on the ground or of any relevance
short-term/long-term as may be the case. any helpful insights!

happy new year! best wishes,

kshantaram

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
This is a lot of material. I can't address all of it, but I'll try some!

may be this attempted reading could provide further insights
into your chart, hope will find this useful to pick from as relevant!

asc lord sat cancer 7th, highest planetary deg, the personality,
sat sensitive cancer, sat aspect own cap asc, weak health-knees,
can be overall protective of general well-being however.
I've never had any problems with my knees. I currently have some lower back issues, however. And I've always had such weak ankles that I can't stay in a squatting position for more than a second and can't rise from sitting or kneeling without pushing myself up with my hands.

jup 2nd highest deg factor for vocation,
jup aries 3rd, advisory-counseling-teaching roles,
retro jup delayed results, jup retro towards own pisces 3rd
again advisory-counseling-healing-teaching-singing-spiritual roles

gemini 6th preference for analytical work environment,
information processing, information technology applications etc
Interesting. I'd heard the advisory-counseling-teaching-spiritual bit in the context of my north node (eleventh house) and sixth house (Gemini), but had no idea that related to Jupiter!

I wouldn't say I prefer an analytic work environment, but communications, yes. Almost everything I've ever done for pay has had communicative elements in it.

mer lord 6th elevated virgo 8th, success amidst adversity,
mer lord 9th negating to 8th, negating luck,
So I succeed against adversity, but have bad luck, or at least less luck? That sounds like a contradiction.

sun own leo 8th able to cope with major challenges effectively,
success amidst adversity,

Success against adversity again. Sounds like a repeating theme.

sun leo 8th aptitude for medical research,
trine supportive aspect from jup aries,

mer-venus virgo 8thagain aptitude for
scholarly research into literature, astrology, health-medicine,
I don't handle conventional education that well, but unconventional learning, yes. So I suppose whether I really have much aptitude for scholarly research depends on the kind of scholarly and the kind of research.

Or maybe that's an aptitude that's gone untapped because the educational settings I've been in didn't really bring it out.

mer-venus lords 9/10 conj tending to prosperity, sudden gains.

venus debilated/weak in virgo, lord mer elevated,
debilation cancelled, hence gradual pace of growth,
venus lord 10th debilated 8th, career issues/problems.
Sounds like another contradiction. Prosperity and sudden gains, but career problems? Gradual pace of growth, but sudden gains? Are those things really possible simultaneously?

rahu true node scorpio 11th debilated, tends to indulge into occult,
foreign friends and occultists probably, but not to indulge too much,
That's a very good description of me!

rahu 11th scorpio 6th from 6th for health
prone to urological health issues, tending to tb-cancer to care.
I'm not prone to urological health issues at all.

currently jup-rahu virgo 9th, tending to distant travels-pilgrimage,
scope for vitiating judgment, taking wrong decisions,
tending to rise-fall to care, decide wisely-judiciously, not to regret.
jup lord 12th for foreign lands-travels.
I actually did have an opportunity for a trip to a foreign country around now, which I decided not to take because of other commitments, and now that I'm enrolled in the herbalism program, there would be a conflict of the dates, plus, I can't afford both financially. However, Jupiter and ninth house also indicate learning, so it seems to me that embarking on this new herbalism course fits the same bill. I hope this bit about "decide wisely" means I've made the right decisions here!

[/B][/I]ketu the separative node taurus 5th, anxiety,
love of food and comforts, creative-energetic-stubborn,
This sounds right....

alienation in romance and from children,
prone to pain-injury-surgery throat-thyroid, heart-stomach,
....but not this. I've never had those kinds of health problems, and while I've always spent much more time single than in a relationship, being alienated in romance isn't my experience. I don't have children and probably won't... perhaps "alienation from children" plays out there? but I work with other people's children and enjoy them.

scorpio-mars 11th inimical-not conducive for cap asc,
stress-delays in income-gains-friendships,

inimical mars over gemini 5th, mars zero deg weak,
stress-delays in education-romance-children-position/status,
mars gemini good at logics-analytical, temperamental/irritative
affecting romance-relationship probably,
mars elevated aspect over cap asc promoting health-wealth.
So Mars creates "stress delays" over just about everything important, but promotes health and wealth?

venus lord 5th debilated-very weak over virgo 8th
affecting education-romance etc, debilation cancelled as said,
gradual pace of growth, mer-venus virgo 8th aptitude for astrology.
debilated venus virgo 8th could suggest weak kidneys-intestine.
Do you mean the debilitation is cancelled by something else, or that it cancels something else?

The weak kidneys/intestine is the only health issue you've mentioned so far that matches something I've had, and even that is a minor issue. I don't have weak kidney organs, but I've had an acupuncturist tell me my kidney pulses were weak, and it took over a year of treatment to bring them up to normally functioning. That doesn't mean the kidneys themselves, but the meridian associated with them. I've had some minor digestive issues, which could be the "weak intestine" you're talking about here.

asc lord sat transit heading towards moon sag 12th
tending to foreign lands,
sat transit moon, under stress,
restraint on expenses/budgets probably,
moon lord 7th, sat transit affecting relationship,
sat sag aspect own acq 2nd protective of min bank balances,
but may not be good for health of family members to watch-care.
sat 12th sag could impact health, feet-thighs-heart-lungs etc.
I am having to budget very carefully, even more carefully to do this herbalism course, and like I said, finances didn't allow for both that and a foreign trip, so while the finances weren't the only factor, I did have to make a choice there. Protective of minimal bank balances... yes, I'm being very, very protective of that!

You mention feet and thighs as a possible health issue. Like I said, I've had some lower back trouble lately, which has resulted in on-and-off nerve pain in my legs. It's mostly at a low level and doesn't interfere with my movements, but when it gets to its worst, it stops me from walking the very long distances that I would otherwise walk.

jup-rahu virgo 9th and sat sag 12th sq foreign travels-education
under stress/challenges. sat-moon sag philosophical.
Could that be the situation we're talking about here, in which I had to choose between education and foreign travel? Or could it be that I'm likely to experience more challenges than I know with getting this underway? Or could that simply mean that, by undertaking this new educational venture, I'm setting myself up to get challenged--which is exactly what I need to be, to learn?

I don't have time to go into detail on the rest, but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about it. Thanks for the input!

Last edited by a moderator:

Osamenor

Staff member
Back to look at more of this....

come March sat turns retro for 4-5m towards scorpio-rahu 11th,
income-gains-friendship under stress.
while could promote research-occult aptitudes.
Okay... I can see why friendship would be potentially under stress, if Mars is retrograding in my eleventh house, but where do income and gains come into that picture?

By March, I'll be deep into herbalism studies. I suppose the "research" and "occult" aptitudes will be in use there. I'll also be continuing with astrology, even if herbalism has to be front and center, and with the tai chi that I've already been studying for several years, so there's lots of eleventh house/Scorpio there.

currently sat transit early sag 11th, gains from old friends.

sat sag opp mars gemini, stress-struggle however in
health-income-gains-friendships-romance-children-position-education etc

Hmmm... I am struggling with income right now, but that's been true for quite some time. I'm actually doing a little better now than I was before, but still not to where I can relax.

Health... I've had those back issues that I mentioned surface.

[/U]jup now 4-5m retro towards sun leo 8th trine moon sag,
promoting sudden gains, medicine, foreign lands,
jup trine aries 4th promoting domestic comforts-property matters.

Interesting. I've thought about this some already: when I decided to take the herbalism class, and when I enrolled, Jupiter was sitting right on my ninth house cusp. At the time, I didn't know it was about to retrograde back into my eighth house; I heard that a week or two later. I've been wondering what that might mean for this new endeavor. Jupiter sitting on the ninth house cusp seems exactly right for starting something educational, but I wasn't sure about the retrograde into the eighth part. For the kind of learning I'm undertaking, it seems to fit very well.

Osamenor

Staff member
I have another update, if any participants in this thread would like to know. I have to laugh, because it's too perfect:

Going on two years after I started this whiny thread, I'm a second year herbalism student (it's a three year program), with a day job that I recently changed. In my previous one, I was unhappy enough to be looking for something new... issues with coworkers, issues with the new management, realizing I wasn't all that enthusiastic about 80%-90% of the work, realizing I had no room to advance there... and I just stumbled upon a hiring announcement for something that seemed perfect, even more perfect in light of this thread (which has always been at the back of my mind!).

I am now a living history instructor. Land, history, preserving the past, and it makes use of skills and experience I already had. There was a mention of national parks up thread... this program I'm working for is on urban national park land, and a partner of the park service (not the actual park service, though; they didn't have the onerous hiring process that federal jobs do).

So I think I've found my fit. I'll work there, and build up the herbalist and astrologer sides of me, until I'm ready for the next transition, whatever that is.

A shout out to everyone who participated in the conversation and helped all this happen! :biggrin:

Last edited:

muchacho

Thanks for the update. Interesting. Herbalism is 6th house and Virgo. Parks is Leo and 5th house. So your professional choice would make a lot more sense with the sidereal chart and whole sign houses.

Osamenor

Staff member
Thanks for the update. Interesting. Herbalism is 6th house and Virgo. Parks is Leo and 5th house. So your professional choice would make a lot more sense with the sidereal chart and whole sign houses.

In tropical, I am a Leo sun, and Venus, which rules my tenth and fifth houses, is in Virgo. Mercury is also in Virgo and rules my sixth and ninth houses. So it makes sense without a sidereal chart or whole sign houses, too!

In fact, a sidereal chart would move my sun to the last degree of Cancer, Mercury and Venus to Leo, ninth house whole sign, and Virgo would be an empty sign for me unless you count Pluto. Jupiter would move to early Aries and be in my fifth house whole sign, but my fourth house would be empty, eliminating that strong land factor. So I think it makes more sense with my current chart.

Last edited:

muchacho

But isn't your Jupiter still in the 3rd in the tropical chart?

Yes, you are right, your 4th house would be empty. However, your chart ruler would be Jupiter which rules your 4th (land) and is placed in the 5th (parks) instead of Saturn as ruler of 2nd in 7th.

I was just looking at the 10th being in Virgo and 10th lord being with 6th lord in Leo. So it seemed a bit more obvious at first sight. But you are right, the tropical chart explains it as well. However, the different chart rulers give each chart a whole different flavor.

Osamenor

Staff member
But isn't your Jupiter still in the 3rd in the tropical chart?
Depends on who you ask. I just had a chart reading with a pro, and she considered it fourth house because it's right on my IC. Technically, it's a few minutes away from being in the fourth, but her reasoning was that if my birth time was off by even a minute, it would be over the cusp.

Either way, Jupiter is conjunct my IC, which gives it IC meanings--including land.

Yes, you are right, your 4th house would be empty. However, your chart ruler would be Jupiter which rules your 4th (land) and is placed in the 5th (parks) instead of Saturn as ruler of 2nd in 7th.

I was just looking at the 10th being in Virgo and 10th lord being with 6th lord in Leo.
Either way, my 10th and 6th lords are together. Since both Virgo and Leo are indicators of what I'm doing, it works either way.
So it seemed a bit more obvious at first sight. But you are right, the tropical chart explains it as well. However, the different chart rulers give each chart a whole different flavor.
Indeed they do. Something to play with! :smile: