Midheaven in Scorpio And Your Career

KathrynE

Sounds sensible. And good luck with it. If the astro fits then things will work smoother in your favour.

I have pluto in Libra which is often law..but its never appealed to me. My mother worked in law.

Pluto is I think more of the enforcer. And the detective... always digging deep.

I still dont know exactly how Saturn crossing my midheaven is applying to me...but I guess digging deep fpr my fears and uncertainties about my career til I find a solid footing would fit my situation.

Possible as it moves into Sagg my fortune will unfold..

ScorpioCrow

Me too! Scorpio Moon & MC. My career cannot and will not be my whole world. Career revolves around life for me, NOT vice versa.

I have also suffered a lotta heartbreak. Poor sensitive Scorpio-Moons...I read they need to possess someone and truly love each other forever in a relationship. I've only had 2 relationships in my life and both of them went up in flames.

Getting back to the original topic...I have a Scorpio moon, conjunct MC and Pluto...

I have taken many different career paths...Originally my goal was to be entrenched in the world of Drum Corps (akin to professional marching band)...from there I had a stint with the 'underbelly' of the world and arose focusing my career path along the lines of the food industry (farmed, cooked, studied nutrition, edible landscaping, etc.)...Suffered heart break and took some time to recoup...I came out of that transformation dedicating my life to the therapeutic boarding school I worked at...I worked my way into a role as Logistics Coordinator - essentially in control of the whole campus' daily operations - In the end that path physically and emotionally exhausted me because I had too much of what I thought I wanted in my work and not in my daily life (transforming the lives of others in a therapeutic setting, exercising control, having a position of power)...It does not get much more Scorpio MC than that but in the end I was exhausted because I had put all of my eggs in that basket. I think my path was skewed because of my moon placement. I'm now back in school trying to redefine a new path for myself in Creative Writing. The goal for me is to have a balanced life that work is a part of - not to have a career that makes me feel whole...

ScorpioCrow

I have MC 11 Scorpio, Chiron 18 Scorpio and Moon at 28 all in 10th house. I have had VERY difficult experiences with public life, jobs, schooling etc. Seems like authority figures don't like me...maybe I'm too emotionally driven? My high school teachers would scoff at my insistence that college is not needed to be happy and successful. I've been relatively poor all my life, so why would I want to spend 4+ yrs of my precious life doing MORE school to get a piece of paper that allows me to get a job that will pay me more money than I know what to do with? I'm a Pisces. I'm afraid if I got a paycheck, if there was anything left after the bills and necessary expenses, i'd start using that money on all the wrong things...

And I agree, PD187540. I would SO be a hit (wo)man if it was easy! I couldn't shoot or stab someone, but I would certainly slip poison into their food or gas them while they sleep. So they never know it was me. And the sneaky Scorpio gets away yet again...:devil:

Not that I'm evil. The idea just appeals.:whistling:

Zonark

I have MC 11 Scorpio, Chiron 18 Scorpio and Moon at 28 all in 10th house. I have had VERY difficult experiences with public life, jobs, schooling etc. Seems like authority figures don't like me...maybe I'm too emotionally driven? My high school teachers would scoff at my insistence that college is not needed to be happy and successful. I've been relatively poor all my life, so why would I want to spend 4+ yrs of my precious life doing MORE school to get a piece of paper that allows me to get a job that will pay me more money than I know what to do with? I'm a Pisces. I'm afraid if I got a paycheck, if there was anything left after the bills and necessary expenses, i'd start using that money on all the wrong things...

And I agree, PD187540. I would SO be a hit (wo)man if it was easy! I couldn't shoot or stab someone, but I would certainly slip poison into their food or gas them while they sleep. So they never know it was me. And the sneaky Scorpio gets away yet again...:devil:

Not that I'm evil. The idea just appeals.:whistling:

Where is your Pluto and Mars placed? These will give more clues to suitable careers.

Yes Scorpio when fighting is the fighter who uses underhanded means to win. The poisoner, arsonist, trapmaker, sniper etc. The attacks are unseen, effective and dirty. Contrast with Aries who is all above board, smash you in the face with a brick kind of fighting.

Chiron and the Moon ruling this house tells me you will not be anything malicious though, put away such dark thoughts! You will have a career where you will provide much healing and comfort on such a level it will be transformative to those who receive it. The Scorpio is the sign of the Caduceus, the Mendicant who can heal the most pernicious of corruptions and restore true Health to the body, mind and spirit on all 3 levels (scorpion, snake and eagle)! On a negative level yes the Scorpio can destroy body, mind and spirit but your focus is on healing and nurturing these.

Do you study medicine? You would be wise to.

Zonark

Speaking of medicine, I just had to respond to this thread. I'm actually deciding on pursuing medical school, and whether my chart says so or not, I just have to do it.

I graduated college in 2006 with a pathology degree, and I worked as a P.A. off and on since then with long spouts of unemployment mixed in. Now, my college ******* me over in 2 ways: I took science courses that were not deemed acceptable by medical schools, and my program was not recognized by this major lab agency, so I could not get certified in my career. That fact hurt my chances at finding a job (hence, the spouts of unemployment). So I harbored a LOT of anger and bitterness over these facts since I graduated college, and I put the blame on my university. These feelings bled out into my work life and personal relationships (even unconsciously, I bet).

So what I'm going to do is a post-bac pre-med certificate program which would allow me to retake my science courses over again. I just discovered last night that there's a program 20 minutes away from me that's a state school, and it only costs $14,000. That's it!! I think I would be foolish not to do this because it would both fix my past (the unworthy science courses) and prepare for the future (medical school). Make sense? I'm 31 right now, which is fine with me. It's never too late, in my opinion!

Chart-wise, I think I'm ok for a medical career. Got the Scorpio MC with Saturn-Pluto conjuncting it (pathology, death, and disease are pretty accurate with that configuration, I think). Saturn and Pluto are technically in the 9th House. Mars is in my 8th in Leo (which is its natural placement, great for surgery and not fainting at the sight of blood).

I think this could work. As long as I'm on a set path with strict requirements that have to be fulfilled with hard work, I'm fine. As for medical school, I don't care about the amount of debt. It's just gotta get done in any way possible for the sake of my existence. I remember reading a Saturn in Scorpio interpretation that said "security in debt or inheritance." I think this would be the classic "finding security in debt" scenario :)

I think it'd be wiser to go for a lawsuit against the University that ******* you if you can come up with 14k and say "that's it", unless you're being sarcastic :biggrin:

Saturn in Scorpio is a nasty setting for the Lord of Bad Stuff. 9th house will bring problems with the father and... higher education! You could of course cause a lot of problems for institutions of higher learning with that placement so go ahead and hire an attorney, a real cutthroat slimeball. You could make them lose accredition status for certain programs and get them in deep **** with the Department of Education.

Zonark

It's funny you mention that because I definitely caused problems for a college....back in 2012. At that time, Saturn was transiting near the end of my 9th house, and it was conjuncting my natal 9th House Pluto. I was in a Master's program at the time, and things just went sour. I gave a scathing review of the professors in some of my classes, and I sent it to the 2nd year students. They apparently didn't like what I wrote, sent that to the Dean of the college, and I was brought up on student conduct charges...all for speaking my mind. Again, this was stemming from my undergraduate college messing up my coursework....the anger and bitterness over that filtered out in that situation. Rather than being charged with anything, they urged me to withdraw and I did just that.

Currently, Saturn is making its way out of my 10th House....and during that time, nothing at all has been happening for me career-wise. I'm unemployed still. However, Saturn is about to sextile my Sun and enter my 11th House in early January. That's about when I plan on finally doing what I should have done a few years ago: complete my prerequisite courses for medical school.

For $14,000, I would be a fool not to do this. My mother just sold her house last week, and she promised to give me $10,000 from that, on top of the $25,000 in inheritance from my grandmother's passing in March. The money will be used towards a good cause....my proper education. Just to think I've been letting this bitterness and anger get to me for 8 years already....

I don't care how long I have to go to school for. I really enjoy learning, and I feel very comfortable in a classroom environment. I attached my natal chart with current transits below, just in case.

P.S. You know how they say to recall what happened during your first Saturn Return when you're 58-60 years old? Well, if I happen to be working as a professor or something in a college setting at that time, I REALLY have to be careful when Saturn approaches my natal Pluto again!

It's not funny, it's astrology! :wink:

9th house is the house of essay work by the way, especially in an academic setting. With Pluto there such works by you are powerful and all things Plutonian, but Saturn thus conjuncting can make them powerfully harmful and unlikeable.

When Saturn made its way through my 10th house of career I gained employment that brought with it serious problems. Investigative work in the private sector that brought issues with shady and powerful (Pluto) organizations (in whole signs, my MC is 11th house, Scorpio is 11th sign, Pluto conjuncts the MC). I am still not out of the woods yet with that and Pluto is due to transit my natal Ascendant (transiting my Neptune it was only hints and ideas of what might be going on, as it crosses the Ascendant I am sure I will find out exactly what's going on).

11th house or sign transits from Saturn can cause loss of friends and problems with organizations, which I experienced. Can also mean you cause friends/organizations/society problems. Saturn's a taskmaster so where there are issues in the house he transits, it means there is work to be done. If it doesn't get done, you reap consequences.

Harmonic Saturn aspects to the Sun are good for giving your ego some grounding, harsh aspects debase the ego and harm it. That will be good for study.

Look at the house of finance and inheritance (2 and 8) for any potential issues with purchasing that program. I see only Jupiter transiting the 8th which means investments will bring fortune, Jupiter is also wonderful for higher learning, so investments in higher learning are extra fortunate. Saturn will transit your Jupiter in some time which will give you the authority promised to you by your MC Saturn conjunction if you work hard!

I think when your Saturn return comes again you may have the opportunity for some very in-depth work. But yes it will probably bring problems as well.

It is funny (ah!) that you are keen to talk about Pluto right now as Mercury transits yours natally.

JUPITERASC

It's not funny, it's astrology! :wink:

9th house is the house of essay work by the way, especially in an academic setting. With Pluto there such works by you are powerful and all things Plutonian, but Saturn thus conjuncting can make them powerfully harmful and unlikeable.

When Saturn made its way through my 10th house of career I gained employment that brought with it serious problems. Investigative work in the private sector that brought issues with shady and powerful (Pluto) organizations (in whole signs, my MC is 11th house, Scorpio is 11th sign, Pluto conjuncts the MC). I am still not out of the woods yet with that and Pluto is due to transit my natal Ascendant (transiting my Neptune it was only hints and ideas of what might be going on, as it crosses the Ascendant I am sure I will find out exactly what's going on).

11th house or sign transits from Saturn can cause loss of friends and problems with organizations, which I experienced. Can also mean you cause friends/organizations/society problems. Saturn's a taskmaster so where there are issues in the house he transits, it means there is work to be done. If it doesn't get done, you reap consequences.

Harmonic Saturn aspects to the Sun are good for giving your ego some grounding, harsh aspects debase the ego and harm it. That will be good for study.

Look at the house of finance and inheritance (2 and 8) for any potential issues with purchasing that program. I see only Jupiter transiting the 8th which means investments will bring fortune, Jupiter is also wonderful for higher learning, so investments in higher learning are extra fortunate. Saturn will transit your Jupiter in some time which will give you the authority promised to you by your MC Saturn conjunction if you work hard!

I think when your Saturn return comes again you may have the opportunity for some very in-depth work. But yes it will probably bring problems as well.

It is funny (ah!) that you are keen to talk about Pluto right now as Mercury transits yours natally.
Definitely the SIGN
AS WELL AS
the HOUSE LOCATION
of any natal planet that rules the MC
influences the Career :smile:
and so requires consideration

Keep in mind as well
that unless THE PRIMARY MOTIVATION of an individual is realised
then
no matter how apparently 'appropriate' or 'apt'
a particular career may seem to be
the individual finds difficulty in that area

ROBERT ZOLLER SAID '...The primary motivation is great deal of what we unconsciously
and often consciously
seek for. Once that motivation is broken
or someone interrupts it,
we seek to fix that in the every possible way we can do that...'

How to discern THE PRIMARY MOTIVATION
is on the DELINEATING NATAL CHART thread at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=382268#post382268

The type of Delineation I'm giving here is a mix of medieval techniques with those of the Hellenistic authors.

Robert Zoller played great role in my traditional astrology education and this is obvious for those who are familiar with his work.

I need to mention that even though Zoller was initially very fond on Arabia authors, his basic delineation techniques are taken from the early reneissance French astrologer Morin. Zoller studied with Zoltan Mason who introduced Morin and his basic natal delineation to Zoller. Zoltan was also one of the first translators of Morin.

Here are some tips for delineating the chart in this manner.

1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.
This is the basic rule. The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house.

Zoller gives the example of his own chart where he has Combusted Mercury in 11th, ruler of 4th. He comments that this kind of placement brings adversity to ones home and dwellings.

2. Benefit in one area of life can be produced by adversity, or even conflict, in another.

Again Zoller gives example from his own chart.
Jupiter in 9th in Scorpio disposited from Mars in 11th: Wisdom coming from conflicts.

3. The delineation tells you the what. The
predictive techniques tell you the when.

4. The Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant is showing
the type of Primary Motivation of the native.

Fire goes for freedom of action and power.
Air goes for freedom of expression and movement.
The Water signs need emotional security
Earth signs need physical security.

The person with masculine Ascendant (or majority of planets in masculine signs) speaks in active terms: "I did this to that person".
The person with feminine sign on Ascendant or majority planets in feminine signs, speaks in passive terms: "This happened to me".

The Feminine signs seek advice because they need second hand in their decisions, in fact they want someone else to make the decision for them.
Masculine signs seek advice because they have many options so they are not sure which option is better.

Cardinal signs are most active. Cardinal water and earth (Cancer and Capricorn) are working great amount of actions but in circumstances and environment structured already by someone else.
Libra and Aries (Cardinal masculine) are working great in any kind of circumstances.

Fixed signs are centripetal, they need center. They are very successful in Acquisations.
Taurus hoards money.
Leo hoards glory and honor.
Scorpio hoards the hidden things, hidden motivations of other people, seek energy and vitality.
Aquarius hoards Knowledge.

Mutable signs vacillate between the two: cardinal and fixed.

5. Examine the planets which most closely aspect the Ascendant.
These planets add to the whole Primary Motivation thing

Planets aspecting the Ascendant represent powers the native can use in the world.

The aspecting planet's local determination will be added to the Primary
Motivation.
(Venus in 5th will add love for pleasure and entertainment to the native's Primary Motivation).

The aspect between the aspecting planet and the Ascendant tells you how the being of the planet and its local determination are linked.

6. The Ruler of the Ascendant by its house position tells you where (what area of life)
the native will seek to realize his/her Primary Motivation.

Look also at all 5 dignity rulers in the place of the ASC. The Almuten and Exalted ruler are lamost as significant as the domicile ruler (sometimes even more).

The Ruler of the Ascendant (as well as the other rulers) by its nature and zodiacal state shows the methods the native will use and the success or failure of the drive.

This is great quote by Zoller:

Lets assume that a person has Cancer on the Ascendant,
The primary motivation of this person is the Need for Emotional Security.
The ruler/s of the Ascendant and their zodiacal and local state will determine How would this be achieved.

Lets assume Moon on IC in Libra Peregrine.
Jupiter in 6th (but 7th sign!) in Capricorn.
Venus in Sag in 6th - Peregrine.
Mars in Scorpio in 4th (but 5th sign!)
Saturn (term ruler) is in 5th Scorpio Peregrine.

We can see that Moon is strong by accident (being on angle), so we can judge first from there.
The need for Emotional Security this person would seek in the home, in the place of the father. The father would be the means through which this person would try to achieve the Emotional Security.
Jupiter - the exalted ruler is weak by being cadent, Venus too. They can't produce much in giving the emotional security this person seeks.
Jupiter by universal means suggest that the native would seek wisdom, religion (and the person actually did!) but by being cadent and in fall, it can't productively give what it promise.
Mars is in 4/5th and is strong by zodiacal state, but is out of sect malefic.
It would try to win competitions, but also with Saturn in 5th will give great deal of creativity. Mars rules the 10th - creativity and looking for career, would also give some amount of emotional security for this person. But by being square with Sun in 7th it means that it will have opposition from authorities and other people in general.

This is great quote by Zoller:
Quote: 'The primary motivation is great deal of what we unconsciously and often consciously seek for. Once that motivation is broken or someone interrupt it, we seek to fix that in the every possible way we can do that'.

I will continue with the tips in my next post.

ukdesifem

One thing I find about natal charts is that signs, placement and houses only have general significance.

Each chart must be analysed in itself to find the native's potential.

A Scorpio MC only denotes loosely executive roles. Two natives can have exact duads in Scorpio, with Pluto in their 7th house of Leo, the Sun in the 5th house of Gemini, but one native's Sun may be trine Neptune, whilst the other's Sun may be square Chiron. These obviously would manifest different results in each person's lives, and especially careers.

It's been said often, but no silver bullets. :lol: little more can be said than that..

JUPITERASC

Ha, I never saw that Pluto-Saturn conjunction in the 9th House could mean powerful writings. Normally, I would have guessed Mercury conjunct Pluto in the 9th to be more indicative of that. What I do have that could indicate writings causing me trouble is a Mercury square North Node aspect. Maybe that's more relevant here, I don't know. Seeing how my interest is in pathology, I think the writing of death certificates is a good example of Pluto c. Saturn in the 9th House :happy:

But yeah, Saturn is the taskmaster, and you have to deal with whatever house he's transiting through. Being a rising Capricorn with Saturn as my chart ruler, I wonder if it makes Saturn issues easier to deal with. In my life, my professional career certainly has been delayed. I might first enter medical school when I'm 33, which doesn't bother me. Am I angry over the delay? Ehh a little bit. But there is a LONG road ahead of me...super long, never ending, constant learning and studying. I feel right at home with that actually. When I think of going to school, studying, and learning again, a fog is lifted. It's like when you have a main goal in mind that gets you fired up, everything else becomes easier to deal with because you know where your focus and priorities should be. Doing nothing and suffering from boredom (my current state of affairs) is quite tiring because you really don't know what to do next. That in itself is very exhausting.

But anyway...

JupiterAsc mentioned primary motivation.
I'm surprised that the north node wasn't discussed at all in that quoted text.

For example, my north node is in the 6th house. I would assume that my primary motivation has a lot to do with 6th house issues (work, public service, health....sounds like a medical career to me). Ruler of my north node is in the 8th as well. I think I'd be good at politics or working for the government too, which that possibly could come after becoming a doctor. There were a few doctors who became politicians in the U.S.A. (although most are lawyers). You never know.
North Node is not necessarily linked with the Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant :smile:

4. The Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant shows
the type of Primary Motivation of the native.

Primary Motivation is linked to career
because the chosen career may not realise the Primary Motivation

Zonark

Definitely the SIGN
AS WELL AS
the HOUSE LOCATION
of any natal planet that rules the MC
influences the Career :smile:
and so requires consideration

Keep in mind as well
that unless THE PRIMARY MOTIVATION of an individual is realised
then
no matter how apparently 'appropriate' or 'apt'
a particular career may seem to be
the individual finds difficulty in that area

ROBERT ZOLLER SAID '...The primary motivation is great deal of what we unconsciously
and often consciously
seek for. Once that motivation is broken
or someone interrupts it,
we seek to fix that in the every possible way we can do that...'

How to discern THE PRIMARY MOTIVATION
is on the DELINEATING NATAL CHART thread at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=382268#post382268

For myself I have feminine sign requiring things to happen to me not things being done by me, in Earth sign, Capricorn so very active, happening to me and physically, with Saturn as ruler, conjunct in the first in domicile, retrograde, also Neptune retrograde and Uranus retrograde conjunct.

Ruler of Asc is 1st house so primary motivation realization will be in self immediately, mundanely the head. Ruler of 1st house in 1st house in domicile affirms.

Neptune most closely aspecting planet, 2 degrees of separation, retrograde, visionary mysticism of feminine (happening to me) and physically active nature. Could mean inner physical contact with spirit beings, not direct because of retrogrades. Contact maybe is not the best word, 1st house would be inner expression of almost... so channeling, possession or simply embodying an inner mystical force, Saturn backing it up as inner structure happening to me physically.

Basically physical security is sought from self, inwardly because of Saturn in 1st ruling 1st. Or would it be physical boundaries/rules because of Saturn in Capricorn? Saturn is about rules and boundaries, barriers, a need for active physical barriers inward?

Or am i getting this wrong still?

Zonark

Ha, I never saw that Pluto-Saturn conjunction in the 9th House could mean powerful writings. Normally, I would have guessed Mercury conjunct Pluto in the 9th to be more indicative of that. What I do have that could indicate writings causing me trouble is a Mercury square North Node aspect. Maybe that's more relevant here, I don't know. Seeing how my interest is in pathology, I think the writing of death certificates is a good example of Pluto c. Saturn in the 9th House :happy:

But yeah, Saturn is the taskmaster, and you have to deal with whatever house he's transiting through. Being a rising Capricorn with Saturn as my chart ruler, I wonder if it makes Saturn issues easier to deal with. In my life, my professional career certainly has been delayed. I might first enter medical school when I'm 33, which doesn't bother me. Am I angry over the delay? Ehh a little bit. But there is a LONG road ahead of me...super long, never ending, constant learning and studying. I feel right at home with that actually. When I think of going to school, studying, and learning again, a fog is lifted. It's like when you have a main goal in mind that gets you fired up, everything else becomes easier to deal with because you know where your focus and priorities should be. Doing nothing and suffering from boredom (my current state of affairs) is quite tiring because you really don't know what to do next. That in itself is very exhausting.

But anyway...

JupiterAsc mentioned primary motivation. I'm surprised that the north node wasn't discussed at all in that quoted text. For example, my north node is in the 6th house. I would assume that my primary motivation has a lot to do with 6th house issues (work, public service, health....sounds like a medical career to me). Ruler of my north node is in the 8th as well. I think I'd be good at politics or working for the government too, which that possibly could come after becoming a doctor. There were a few doctors who became politicians in the U.S.A. (although most are lawyers). You never know.

Yes writing of death certificates would fit perfectly there, Pluto and Saturn workin in tandem, in Scorpio, 9th house? Absolutely. Time of death, cause and everything. Later in life if you wish to study astrology more rigorously when strictly medical questions can take a backburner (though a certain holistic spirit begs the question here) you could look into calculations of the Hyleg and other manner of lifeforce and time of death estimation, as well as astrological formula for extending it. Now there could be some valuable esoteric work!

It is good to have a solid sense of what we are doing with our lives isn't it. That's what I need. :lol:

The North Node concerns soul karma, not so much life ambitions. It is a lateral rather than vertical location. We do not climb toward the north node with the goal to achieve but rather gradually begin to understand on a soul level what that part of the universe is about, thus reaping the benefits, else we stagnate with what we are all too familiar with (the south node space). It bears fruit, but not the kind we have an appetite for.

JUPITERASC

For myself I have feminine sign requiring things to happen to me not things being done by me, in Earth sign, Capricorn so very active, happening to me and physically, with Saturn as ruler, conjunct in the first in domicile, retrograde, also Neptune retrograde and Uranus retrograde conjunct.

Ruler of Asc is 1st house so primary motivation realization will be in self immediately, mundanely the head. Ruler of 1st house in 1st house in domicile affirms.

Neptune most closely aspecting planet, 2 degrees of separation, retrograde, visionary mysticism of feminine (happening to me) and physically active nature. Could mean inner physical contact with spirit beings, not direct because of retrogrades. Contact maybe is not the best word, 1st house would be inner expression of almost... so channeling, possession or simply embodying an inner mystical force, Saturn backing it up as inner structure happening to me physically.

Basically physical security is sought from self, inwardly because of Saturn in 1st ruling 1st. Or would it be physical boundaries/rules because of Saturn in Capricorn? Saturn is about rules and boundaries, barriers, a need for active physical barriers inward?

Or am i getting this wrong still?
Some modern astrologers consider the outers to be co-rulers, but not sole rulers
and so
from a traditional perspective of delineating the 7 visible planets
and from data posted on another thread

the planet most closely aspecting your Ascendant is SATURN

and your natal Moon is opposing Saturn within one degree orb

Both natal SATURN and natal MOON are in domicile and strong
and
are oppoaing from each other's signs of detriment

MERCURY is also closely aspecting your Ascendant ruler SATURN within one degree orb by separating trine from 9th

while your natal MOON is applying to Mercury by sextile from 7th House

hence your PRIMARY MOTIVATION
from a traditional perspective

involves 1st, 7th and 9th house considerations :smile:

Zonark

Some modern astrologers consider the outers to be co-rulers, but not sole rulers
and so
from a traditional perspective of delineating the 7 visible planets
and from data posted on another thread

the planet most closely aspecting your Ascendant is SATURN

and your natal Moon is opposing Saturn within one degree orb

Both natal SATURN and natal MOON are in domicile and strong
and
are oppoaing from each other's signs of detriment

MERCURY is also closely aspecting your Ascendant ruler SATURN within one degree orb by separating trine from 9th

while your natal MOON is applying to Mercury by sextile from 7th House

hence your PRIMARY MOTIVATION
from a traditional perspective

involves 1st, 7th and 9th house considerations :smile:

Well from looking at triplicity rulers, 1st house sign's triplicity ruler in order of importance first is the Moon, so the Moon is highly important.

"Bonatti says that the first ruler belongs to the Life of the native, his pleasures and things in which he delights."

That'd be the Moon.

"The first lord ofthe triplicity of the 7th represents or signifies women"

That'd be Mars at 22 degrees Taurus in the 5th sign/house.

"The first lord of the triplicity of the 9th
signifies journeys or what happens to the native or querent on long journeys"

That'd also be the Moon.

Hrm.

I don't know JupiterAsc. Maybe you are seeing what I'm seeing, maybe you aren't, but I don't like it one bit :sad:

According to ruler of triplicity Jupiter is the planet in my chart signifying enemies. Exalted at 29 degrees in Cancer these are not ordinary foe. There seems to be some danger from dog bites haha. That is too bad because I love dogs.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Well from looking at triplicity rulers, 1st house sign's triplicity ruler in order of importance first is the Moon, so the Moon is highly important.

"Bonatti says that the first ruler belongs to the Life of the native, his pleasures and things in which he delights."

That'd be the Moon.

"The first lord ofthe triplicity of the 7th represents or signifies women"

That'd be Mars at 22 degrees Taurus in the 5th sign/house.

"The first lord of the triplicity of the 9th
signifies journeys or what happens to the native or querent on long journeys"

That'd also be the Moon.

Hrm.

I don't know JupiterAsc. Maybe you are seeing what I'm seeing, maybe you aren't, but I don't like it one bit :sad:
I understand :smile:
Moon in 7th is also 'open enemies'
Keep in mind that Jupiter, Exalted ruler of Cancer is also in 7th
Jupiter rules Pisces
Pisces is 3rd house by whole sign

Requires more detailed analysis
and so
Take time to mull over totality of the chart

JUPITERASC

............According to ruler of triplicity
Jupiter is the planet in my chart signifying enemies.
Exalted at 29 degrees in Cancer these are not ordinary foe.
There seems to be some danger from dog bites haha.
That is too bad because I love dogs.
The vast majority of the 7 billion of us currently resident on planet earth
at some stage could be 'in danger of dog bites'
hence perspective is required
:smile:

JUPITERASC

SCORPIO being the traditional home of Mars
then the sign location of natal Mars
as well as house location of natal Mars
and aspects of natal Mars to other natal planets/angles
are all influences on a Midheaven Scorpio and Career

Flapjacks

The MC's sign and the house ruled by that sign will be connected to the MC, so whatever is in the house the sign the MC is ruled by in your chart, will be heavily connected to your career. For me that is my Virgo Mercury and my ideal career would definitely involve mental work, only of an intensely analytical yet passionately engaging nature.

Scorpio MC people approach success like going into a pitch black dungeon with a torch looking for treasure and fully expecting to encounter all kinds of monsters along the way. They are passion and mystery driven people often drawn to dangerous careers rife with hidden threats.

I hope I do not offend anyone by saying this but Scorpio MC natives are quite possibly the most likely to be career criminals. The very nature of criminal activity is ruled by Scorpio's energy more than any other. They will make a career for themselves in the underworld in some way regardless of what side of the law they end up on, either as a criminal, a cop, a spy, a researcher, a psychotherapist, a surgeon, a mechanic, a deep sea or deep space researcher, a medical pathologist... you get the idea. Careers dealing with secret things. Careers dealing with things in the dark. Careers dealing with the depths of passion and transformation and discovery.

My boyfriend has Scorpio MC and this fits very well (0 degrees, with Libra Pluto in 9th opposing 2nd house Pisces Sun, both square ASC in Capricorn; additionally his Moon is in 8th house Virgo, Mars in 1st house Cap). He told me he never married or had children because he didn't want to "put them in danger" as he tried to pursue a career (career used loosely) that he believes exposes the underbelly of certain social institutions and would incite retaliation against him. He has a bit of an obsession with "institutions" that is very 8th house motivated. I think he's overestimating, but he is sure that if he did pursue what he wanted, it would be dangerous for him.

He also talks about how easy it would be to become a criminal and how society seems to push people in that direction. He says he naturally desires to follow the rules but this results in betrayal as he has never found success or respect that way; and he fears a world where this is the norm. He's built up a lot of resentment towards social constructs and himself over having his ideals and plans for life thwarted.

There is a constant horror and people's tendency not to own or be in control of their own lives and actions through willful ignorance, fear and deliberate manipulation on the part of others that he sees very acutely. Yet he is always discouraged with himself for not living up to his own ideals and a lot of that is not pursuing his career goals as he thought he should... a career that seeks to transform the social constructs we live in and get at the root of specific problems those constructs create in order to fix them (can you get any more Scorpio?).

I don't think the MC is just a career path but the manifestation of the desired direction of one's life which encompasses their personality, identity, principles, beliefs and aptitudes. It does not necessarily mean what kind of job you're going to have through your life, but what you strive for and believe would be the best possible fruition of your character and being in tangible sense (vs. NN, which is more spiritually oriented but related, imo).

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

My boyfriend has Scorpio MC and this fits very well (0 degrees, with Libra Pluto in 9th opposing 2nd house Pisces Sun, both square ASC in Capricorn; additionally his Moon is in 8th house Virgo, Mars in 1st house Cap). He told me he never married or had children because he didn't want to "put them in danger" as he tried to pursue a career (career used loosely) that he believes exposes the underbelly of certain social institutions and would incite retaliation against him. He has a bit of an obsession with "institutions" that is very 8th house motivated. I think he's overestimating, but he is sure that if he did pursue what he wanted, it would be dangerous for him.

He also talks about how easy it would be to become a criminal and how society seems to push people in that direction. He says he naturally desires to follow the rules but this results in betrayal as he has never found success or respect that way; and he fears a world where this is the norm. He's built up a lot of resentment towards social constructs and himself over having his ideals and plans for life thwarted.

There is a constant horror and people's tendency not to own or be in control of their own lives and actions through willful ignorance, fear and deliberate manipulation on the part of others that he sees very acutely. Yet he is always discouraged with himself for not living up to his own ideals and a lot of that is not pursuing his career goals as he thought he should... a career that seeks to transform the social constructs we live in and get at the root of specific problems those constructs create in order to fix them (can you get any more Scorpio?).

I don't think the MC is just a career path but the manifestation of the desired direction of one's life which encompasses their personality, identity, principles, beliefs and aptitudes. It does not necessarily mean what kind of job you're going to have through your life, but what you strive for and believe would be the best possible fruition of your character and being in tangible sense (vs. NN, which is more spiritually oriented but related, imo).
However, there were many hundreds of thousands of people born worldwide the same day as your boyfriend
many of whom have a Scorpio MC and same planetary configurations
yet they may be happily married with children

as for being 'against social constructs'
tens of millions if not billions of people are 'against social constructs'
yet do not have Scorpio MC

so clearly there are multiple other factors to take into account

Flapjacks

However, there were many hundreds of thousands of people born worldwide the same day as your boyfriend
many of whom have a Scorpio MC and same planetary configurations
yet they may be happily married with children

as for being 'against social constructs'
tens of millions if not billions of people are 'against social constructs'
yet do not have Scorpio MC

so clearly there are multiple other factors to take into account

I thought I was pretty clearly taking in multiple factors. I did not in any way imply that everyone with a Scorpio MC would decide their career would endanger a family and so not have family; only that this person decided on that, which is relevant to their MC. Your argument about people being born all on the same day could be made about literally every post ever on this forum.

I'm being more general for the purposes of anonymity. I didn't say that being against (certain) social constructs was most relevant, but striving to transform them in a manner that is probing and psychological is Scorpio-specific. Please read carefully.

Last edited: