Midheaven in Scorpio And Your Career

geminimoon83

What if Mars was retrograde at the time of birth? Will that effect someone with Midheaven in Scorpio?

Ουρανία

Mars is most important consideration for Scorpio MC since Scorpio is the natural home aka domicile of Mars.

Notice the natal house as well as the natal sign location of natal Mars.

Aspects from Transiting Mars to any planet of the natal chart are worth noting as they are likely to influence career matters :smile:

This is very interesting!:smile:
I've never used Mars as ruler of Scorpio in interpretations.
Which one do you give priority in the case when MC Scorpio is in close conjunction with Pluto in Scorpio- Mars or Pluto?
How to interpret MC Scorpio with Mars as the ruler?
I guess that is different from Pluto as ruler?

JUPITERASC

Ουρανία;433905 said:
This is very interesting!:smile:
I've never used Mars as ruler of Scorpio in interpretations.
Which one do you give priority in the case when MC Scorpio is in close conjunction with Pluto in Scorpio- Mars or Pluto?
How to interpret MC Scorpio with Mars as the ruler?
I guess that is different from Pluto as ruler?
BEFORE 18 February 1930 Pluto was unknown because of being invisible without the use of powerful telescopes. However, astrologers practiced astrology for perhaps thousands of years before that date

An ancient system of dignities and debilities
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html has been in use for approximately two thousand years BEFORE powerful telescopes noticed Pluto, and the system is so finely tuned and balanced that it cannot be disturbed without completely making a nonsense of it. So Pluto cannot be 'crammed in'. A few astrologers think otherwise, but since when did astrologers agree?

Adding to the conundrum, apparently Pluto is not a planet so "Let's find out why Pluto is no longer considered a planet!"
http://www.universetoday.com/13573/why-pluto-is-no-longer-a-planet/

Pluto takes 248 years to orbit the Sun
Mars takes 686.971 Earth days or almost two years
THEREFORE
all who experience life until at least two years of age experience at least one Mars Return

BUT

NO-ONE HAS EVER EXPERIENCED A PLUTO RETURN - because that takes 248 years!!

For that reason, Pluto
has a generational influence and is considered by some astrologers as useful in mundane astrology that studies the cycles of countries and civilisations where 248 year cycles are commonplace

Mars is a personal planet.

Anyone living an average lifespan of three score years and ten experiences at least THIRTY FOUR Mars Returns and NO Pluto Returns whatsoever

Therefore to interpret Scorpio MC it is important to delineate natal mars - JMO my two cents fwiw - probably not much due to current recession
:smile:

Multiplicity

Getting back to the original topic...I have a Scorpio moon, conjunct MC and Pluto...

I have taken many different career paths...Originally my goal was to be entrenched in the world of Drum Corps (akin to professional marching band)...from there I had a stint with the 'underbelly' of the world and arose focusing my career path along the lines of the food industry (farmed, cooked, studied nutrition, edible landscaping, etc.)...Suffered heart break and took some time to recoup...I came out of that transformation dedicating my life to the therapeutic boarding school I worked at...I worked my way into a role as Logistics Coordinator - essentially in control of the whole campus' daily operations - In the end that path physically and emotionally exhausted me because I had too much of what I thought I wanted in my work and not in my daily life (transforming the lives of others in a therapeutic setting, exercising control, having a position of power)...It does not get much more Scorpio MC than that but in the end I was exhausted because I had put all of my eggs in that basket. I think my path was skewed because of my moon placement. I'm now back in school trying to redefine a new path for myself in Creative Writing. The goal for me is to have a balanced life that work is a part of - not to have a career that makes me feel whole...

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_anonymous_20121021.71711.25992.jpg
    astro_24gw_01_anonymous_20121021.71711.25992.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 40

Zonark

I have Scorpio MC in the 9th degree loosely conjunct Pluto in Scorpio in the 15th degree. Since Pluto is ruled by Scorpio I consider the conjunction a valid and potent energy.

My 8th and 2nd houses are very wide, causing what's known as an interception in the chart, of the Virgo/Pisces axis. So the 2nd house cusp ends up in Aquarius and the 8th in Leo. I have no planets in Pisces but I have just one in Virgo. Mercury. So Virgo Mercury in my chart is essentially trapped in the 8th house.

The MC's sign and the house ruled by that sign will be connected to the MC, so whatever is in the house the sign the MC is ruled by in your chart, will be heavily connected to your career. For me that is my Virgo Mercury and my ideal career would definitely involve mental work, only of an intensely analytical yet passionately engaging nature.

Scorpio MC people approach success like going into a pitch black dungeon with a torch looking for treasure and fully expecting to encounter all kinds of monsters along the way. They are passion and mystery driven people often drawn to dangerous careers rife with hidden threats.

I hope I do not offend anyone by saying this but Scorpio MC natives are quite possibly the most likely to be career criminals. The very nature of criminal activity is ruled by Scorpio's energy more than any other. They will make a career for themselves in the underworld in some way regardless of what side of the law they end up on, either as a criminal, a cop, a spy, a researcher, a psychotherapist, a surgeon, a mechanic, a deep sea or deep space researcher, a medical pathologist... you get the idea. Careers dealing with secret things. Careers dealing with things in the dark. Careers dealing with the depths of passion and transformation and discovery.

Zonark

I've been a bit obsessed with my Scorpio midheaven for the past year. I also have Pluto in the 10th at 15 degrees, near my midheaven which is at 9 degrees Scorpio.

I have Juno conjunct Pluto as well, for those who take asteroids into consideration.

The connection Scorpio has with Mars and thus career for those with a Scorpio MC intrigues me. I have Mars at 22 degrees Taurus in my 4th house, a sort of double whammy detrimented Mars.

Also in my 8th house there is my Virgo Mercury at 21 degrees trining Mars.

I've had an interest in all kinds of careers but looking back they have ALL been very Scorpionic. When I was a kid I wanted to be a paleontologist and my dream was to find a fully intact dinosaur skeleton. I'd dig holes everywhere in my backyard (and in the dirt driveway, drawing some real wrath from my parents) because I wanted to know what was in the ground. I also wanted to be a marine biologist studying sharks and abyssal sea life, a surgeon, a priest, a Navy Seal, a bounty hunter and when I got a bit older (high school) I wanted to study toxicology, biotechnology or genetics but ended up taking a lot of art classes and got lost in a paranoid haze of conspiracy theories and drug experimentation. I had always wanted to be an artist as well but nearly all of my subject matter was very grotesque, scary and intense, even the stuff I drew as a kid. I also always had an intense interest in the occult, secret societies, computer hacking... almost anything I've been interested in I think reflects my Scorpio MC and 8th house Mercury.

Zonark

Yep, those are all Scorpionic careers. Although I think a priest would fall under Pisces?

When I was growing up, I had this fascination with becoming a congressman (politics = Scorpio). Now, I'm considering law. What I find strange is that law is ruled by Sagittarius/Jupiter first and Libra second. Why not Scorpio? I think Scorpio has a lot to do with law. If law enforcement is a Scorpio career, then lawyers should also fall under that same sign.

Prosecution is definitely a Scorpionic part of law, as well as all the investigation that law entails. The process of many kinds of trials, where secrets are uncovered and brought to light, is so archetypically Scorpio I'd say that kind of legal process is more ruled by Scorpio than Libra or Sagittarius. Arbitration or legal interpretation are more Libran or Sagittarean respectively. A priest would be Pisces or Sagittarius even but well respected religious positions carry an element of political clout. Also when you consider the whole confessional element of a Catholic priest's profession and the secrets many of them keep, that's very Scorpio.

CaprLibraSquared

Yes Midheaven in Scorpio. Feeling lost at this time as Saturn transits it. I spent my first half in advertising, marketing and then health care. I am now in a midlife crisis. I am looking at Ayurveda and yoga therapy and possibly combining with social work. Not really sure what is next, but feel the first half of my life was not living my life, but what was expected of me. If you have any insights would love to hear. I've been told that having Neptune in Scorpio and 10th leads to an unhappy career and not every feeling settled in a career. That seems negative nelly to me, but perhaps....

Attachments

• July42013.jpg
    July42013.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 30

CaprLibraSquared

hey will make a career for themselves in the underworld in some way regardless of what side of the law they end up on, either as a criminal, a cop, a spy, a researcher, a psychotherapist, a surgeon, a mechanic, a deep sea or deep space researcher, a medical pathologist... you get the idea. Careers dealing with secret things. Careers dealing with things in the dark. Careers dealing with the depths of passion and transformation and discovery.
Ha if I had to do it all over again, I would have been a profiler. Too chicken to be a criminal, but missing persons FASCINATES me!

kailaniatsea

Everyone has provided fascinating stories regarding their career/life path. JUPITERASC made an interesting observation about paying more attention to Mars since this was Scorpio's ruler until Pluto was discovered. I have found that the placement of my Pluto relates more to situations that life has put me through for some type of karmic reason. They have not been entirely of my doing, something more associated with Mars. For example, my Pluto sits in the 9th house and has a combination of sextiles, squares, trines and even forms a Yod. Needless to say, I have traveled a lot and been exposed to foreigners and their philosophies. However, these things have not led to a career in foreign diplomacy.

My career path has been trying because there has always been something or somebody that has ruined it at the last minute. I first began working at the age of 14 and worked in anything to make money, but that left me miserable and heartbroken. On the other hand, I have always been creative yet was unable to breakthrough. Some of the blame falls upon me because I was more stubborn in my younger years; but the rest of the blame falls upon my general lack of stability. My Pluto is too active, yet my Mars is afflicted. What has happened to me is that my individual (Mars) efforts to realize myself have been thwarted by others (7th house) and I have wound up following destiny (Pluto co-ruler of MC), which is not always what I have desired.

At this point, I am unsure what I will do as a career. I have worked in a variety of occupations and still feel like a novice. With this being said, I will pay more attention to my afflicted Mars. For those who are curious, I have uploaded my chart.

Attachments

• Kiki Natal with Asteroids.jpg
    Kiki Natal with Asteroids.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 32

Andrea_

I suspect it might be due to my Scorpio MC although i haven't yet searched for it (where would be the magic in trying to figure out every little dot? ; )) ) when i was smaller i was very passionated about archeology.
I do not remember at what age it started, but one of my earliest meories starts when i was very little and i had this book about dinosaurs and i was watching these eally nice cartoons, and i once asked them "Mom, do dinosaurs still exist?" and when i heard that their response was negative i actually started crying becaus ei believed it wasn't true at that there still are specimens existent somewhere xD And i continued reading and buying countless encyclopedias about archeology & zoology, yet i slowly dropped the idea of making a job out of these because i had no chance or opportunity, in my country at least... the opportunities for kids and museum expositions were just as rare in comparison to the situation in other places

And i actually did have a wide range of interests as i grew up: animals, painting, drawing and sketching, photography, the human body, mythology, anciet history (this one not to an expensive degree though, as school made sure i could never open a book again without thinking of my first strict and quite communist history teacher which only got more agreeable in the last year at gymnasium) and now astrology, astronomy & other, well, more occult branches i guess. They are all kept as hobbies though, i am very careful not to give clues about what i learn and slowly integrate them in my life, especially when talking about such subjects like astrology. I always tended to oppose to opening the door to such areas but in the end it seems that it all leads, with a good intention, to a better understanding of yourself and others. And when it must happen, well, it happens. And i like to search, search, search. I still want to live my life actively though, not between books, or in a tight space. I love balance, so i do not plan on choosing a future job which will imply my staying in an office all day long, although i am very attracted to foreign languages (and good with them) and to different cultures, so this is what i will follow at college once i finish highschool
I also put great importance on school and academic results, so... yeah... tipically for a scorpio MC, from what I've read, i do need to be "passionated" about my work to be able to positevly direct all my energy, that will also not deprive me of using a certain degree of creativity. also, the bioenergy therapeut i went to really impressed me in a good way (she did study medicine and now treats athletes and sportsmen through alternative yet efficient methods) so I'm thinking of following certain courses at one point to learn more and maybe even come to practice it :happy: Mars is in the First House of Capricorn in sextile to it, Pluto in Sagittarius also in the 10th but on the cusp of the 11th...

Last edited:

KathrynE

I found this thread while looking up Saturn conjunct natal MC in Scorp.
Ive been really struggling lately with a huge restructuring at work. And just now I checked my chart...tonight Saturn is exact At 16 degrees. So, issues of responsibilty , lack of job security, sketchy bosses and power plays, future changes in the structure of my life all coming up and well, scaring the sh@# out of me, frankly. So job and self transformation... These subjects seem more important than my actual job as far as reflecting the scorpio theme.
I do work for the govt (Capricorn rising) in arts and culture (Pisces moon) and I was blaming the cardinal square and Pluto in cap (in my12th house ready to cross ascendant) for my woes...but apparently its not just pluto clean up the govt (Capricorn) but a hotspot at the top of my chart which I've never paid attention to before except to note that everyone I come in contact with shares their deep secrets (Scorpio) with me within five minutes...completely unaware...

Last edited:

ukdesifem

Scorpio MC is supposed to lead to executive areas.

Of course, this is not true for all based on the positions in one's individual chart.

KathrynE

Well, thanks, I think....
Everything to do with work in my life is very slow.
Saturn natally in 6th house. And pluto just now direct in transit to the 12th. I may become an exec at 70? Is it possible that Saturn conjuct Pluto MC is just prepping me, not showing a change?
I have a meeting on Tuesday to find out when the appt is with HR. I am also working on a resume tonight.

venuschild

Banned
If you have studied Lilly and others in his time, 10H has a correlation to Mars; possibly where Moderns developed the ACCIDENTAL EXALTATION of Mars in the 10th.

I003552.yJcxfCc8f.XTSeR_ZCx6NA.c2atw.250.jpg
0-12-the-man1.jpg
4531752344_f28463ef59_z.jpg

As many of you realize, providing you have read books by Alan Leo and others, where Leo explains in his time '..even the royalty and wealthy magnates he served in England didn't have their birth times correct...they were many times off 15-20 minutes and needed rectification...'. That is why I include Atlas's horoscope that I believe is actually Scorpio on the tenth rather than 0 degrees as in the map presented, for his fame was about his muscles not his communications or travel!

Last edited:

Claire19

The question is do you use Mars as ruler of Scorpio or Pluto?? there are many divided ideas on that. You need to look at the aspects made to the ruler of the MC
and where they are. Planets in the 10th. As well as looking at the 6th house placements and influences which will back up any career moves as well as perhaps the second house of income earned.

I have Scorpio on the Midheaven and Pluto in the 6th, I have worked with criminal matters, life insurance, estate matters, all pertaining to Scorpio's ruler. I also have Mars in the 8th house of criminal matters, large corporations, estate matters, insurance etc, sextile that Pluto. So double whammy.

I use the outer planets as rulers but many dont.

Last edited:

KathrynE

Or you need to be a coroner, hospice worker or assassin?

Agreed with venuschild as I found the notification in my spam box....merc retro indeed.

I have Saturn in the 6th. I also have Cappy rising and am currently working in government...so I figure it all fits. I am still waiting for my job to go from contract to permanent and for them to find the money (resources, Scorpio?) to pay me for what I am actually doing.