How to find your career in a chart

True Aries

Hello!

I'm new here and kinda new to astrology. I was wondering my profession among other things but now it seems that I can't think what I should do. I'm thinking of going for design but not much in the traditional vocation sense points towards it, or at least I can't read it. I have at least some artistic talent (haven't had time to practice it to see just how much), massive imagination (ideas about everything really), creativity and immense spatial conceptualization etc.

My Natal chart is in the attachment.

I have been lost with my career bouncing from one direction to the other (always something to do with helping people and the world or artistic stuff) and sometimes thought it would be better to not get one but I would never be satisfied with my life if I didn't do something meaningful with it. I've now finally realized somewhat what I should do but I don't see my stars pointing to what I want to do... So what I'm really asking is if my chart has any indication of me becoming an artist, a designer?

True Node Aries points to me becoming a leader, which I am currently studying for (organizational management) and I will graduate soon to a lower academic degree. Yes I would like to become a design manager and would like to go study design in a uni.

After this it gets complicated. What I can read from the chart is that I should maybe become a spiritual/mind-set leader/lecturer. Yes, this is my other passion and dream and I was thinking I could do both spiritual teaching and design in my life.

Considering the career, vocational Houses I don't understand what does Jupiter do in the 6th House in Pisces as a ruler to Pisces. I bet its a strong connection but what does it imply? That I improve and expand myself well? How does this correlate to a career?
Neptune (the other ruler of Pisces) is in the 3rd House which is the House of thinking, mind set, speaking, learning.

Then my Asc is Libra which is ruled by Venus which is also in Libra, 1st House. My main motivation IS in fact freedom of expression and movement. What else does this mean?

Pluto has an aspect with Asc but again no idea what this could mean...

10th house in Cancer and no planets but Cancer is ruled by Moon which again is in Gemini, 9th House. What does this mean? My Sun sextile MC which should bring clear goals and other wonderful things.

Can someone please shed some light on how to read this career stuff.

PS. This is another topic but if someone wants to quickly address it would be ok. I'm feeling my True node contradicts my House system (North Node in Aries AND 7th House) in that I should be moving away (?) from relationships but then again I should be making a relationship. Life companion is possibly the most important thing in life to me so what does this really mean...

Attachments

• Natal Chart.gif
    Natal Chart.gif
    72.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

waybread

You might consider urban and regional planning. It has a strong design element (which is why these departments often appear in faculties of architecture) but it requires a more panoramic view of what is on the ground-- or could be.

The ruler of your 10th house of career, the moon, is located in your 9th house of expanding mental horizons. The 9th has many meanings, but their common denominator is "expanding mental horizons" be it through travel, philosophy, or .....

True Aries

You might consider urban and regional planning. It has a strong design element (which is why these departments often appear in faculties of architecture) but it requires a more panoramic view of what is on the ground-- or could be.

The ruler of your 10th house of career, the moon, is located in your 9th house of expanding mental horizons. The 9th has many meanings, but their common denominator is "expanding mental horizons" be it through travel, philosophy, or .....
Thank you for your reply! Why regional or urban planning and something panoramic on the ground? Because I'm an earth sun sign? I was aiming for indoor architechture and/or furniture design as I like spaces and the feelings of surroundings. I'm interested in how you came up with this...

So my moon points to expansion of the mind... This can then also naturally mean arts right next to life-philosophy and spirituality. The thing is I've been designing a place for spiritual development purposes and my viewing angle to design is "mental-spiritual-development-inspiring".

Are there any other points for art/design? I remember reading several aspects or some stuff in my chart pointed to design and arts career choices but I have to get back on that later...

waybread

Venus rules the fine arts, and she is very strong: in your first house and in her own sign of Libra.

Planning has several different emphases: urban and regional, though they can overlap. Then there's a possible emphasis on the design component, which is closely related to architecture. On the other hand, some planners are more interested in how a city infrastructure works, with all of its many components; integrating the various services and political factions, environmental impacts, and smart growth.

My son is an architectural designer, but actually the scale of his work varies significantly depending upon the project, from interior design to larger spaces like residential developments and shopping malls. The larger-scale work includes landscape architecture. If you think of a building together with its surroundings, the scale edges up into planning.

You might try designing a spiritual retreat in a natural environment, and see where it takes you.

p. s. I note that you were born in Finland, which has a wonderful design tradition.

True Aries

Venus rules the fine arts, and she is very strong: in your first house and in her own sign of Libra.

Planning has several different emphases: urban and regional, though they can overlap. Then there's a possible emphasis on the design component, which is closely related to architecture. On the other hand, some planners are more interested in how a city infrastructure works, with all of its many components; integrating the various services and political factions, environmental impacts, and smart growth.

My son is an architectural designer, but actually the scale of his work varies significantly depending upon the project, from interior design to larger spaces like residential developments and shopping malls. The larger-scale work includes landscape architecture. If you think of a building together with its surroundings, the scale edges up into planning.

You might try designing a spiritual retreat in a natural environment, and see where it takes you.

p. s. I note that you were born in Finland, which has a wonderful design tradition.
Thank you again for your insight.

Yes it was Venus in the 1st House and Libra Ascendant that point to arts. So art is like very involved with my personality bc its so strong in the first House? I'm also reading Cancer in 10th House can enhance careers in arts, writing and human services and this is exactly what I want to do with my life... :)

Here in Finland one can study interior design and you will graduate as an interior architect. Right now this is my goal.

[I made a thread for this in the Read my chart section] On another note: Does anyone have anything on the fact that my chart is basically the polar opposite of the natural Zodiac Sign correspondents? Also my North Node is in Aries and then again my Asc is Libra and these kind of nullify each other or what? Is my destiny to seek a fulfilling relationship where I can be/become myself?

I just broke up from a long relationship and feel that a life companion is probably the most important thing in life but that I need to learn to live on my own as myself first...

Last edited:

waybread

I wouldn't say so, unless other "hardships" are involved. Does your SN conjunct your ascendant? Then you also have to look at what's going on with the planetary rulers of Libra (Venus) and Aries (Mars).

Claire19

So, what if you have no planets in your 2nd house, 6th house, 8th house, 9th house or 10th house.
Every house has a ruler, find where that is and look at the aspects.

As for career, that belongs to the 10th house and sometimes you will have influences from the 6th house of everyday employment adding to the picture as well as second house of personal income.

ukdesifem

A long-hand way is:

- Hemisphere placements
- Elements/Qualities placements
- Ascendant sign and meaning (including planets)
- 2nd, 6th, and 10th house sign, aspects and planets
- Meanings, houses, signs of all other planets plus aspects

A short-hand method is to analyse the MC and its ruler, the ruler of the subsequent sign, until there is a logical end to the flow. Once this is attained, both processes result in the same ending, but the first one above lends to a more complete picture of a native and his or her entire personality.

Love2Know

A long-hand way is:

- Hemisphere placements
- Elements/Qualities placements
- Ascendant sign and meaning (including planets)
- 2nd, 6th, and 10th house sign, aspects and planets
- Meanings, houses, signs of all other planets plus aspects

A short-hand method is to analyse the MC and its ruler, the ruler of the subsequent sign, until there is a logical end to the flow. Once this is attained, both processes result in the same ending, but the first one above lends to a more complete picture of a native and his or her entire personality.
Hmmm mmmm cool

davidk

Look at the North Node / South Node Axis. It shows your ultimate direction and inherited talents. Also any aspects top the Nodes. Look also at the Rising Sign, sign on the second house cusp (to do with accumulating assets) planets in the 2nd, sign on the sixth house cusp (daily routine and wrok), planets in the 6th house, sign on the 10th house cusp (the place you can shine) and planets in the 10th house.

Free Vocation Report http://www.myastrologycharts.com/Astrology-Chart/Astrology-Report?status=shortvoc

Career Report http://astrologyyard.com/career-astrology-report.php

Abby83

Look at the North Node / South Node Axis. It shows your ultimate direction and inherited talents. Also any aspects top the Nodes. Look also at the Rising Sign, sign on the second house cusp (to do with accumulating assets) planets in the 2nd, sign on the sixth house cusp (daily routine and wrok), planets in the 6th house, sign on the 10th house cusp (the place you can shine) and planets in the 10th house.

Free Vocation Report http://www.myastrologycharts.com/Astrology-Chart/Astrology-Report?status=shortvoc

Career Report http://astrologyyard.com/career-astrology-report.php

I would agree with the 6th house ruler and asc ruler having a part in the career as well as planets in the 10th house. Although I disagree with the nodes. I say this because my chart is weak for career. 10th house ruler, the sun, is in the 12th house, and it has the weakest strength in the chart. The north node is in the 7th house and trines the sun, as the south node sextiles the sun. As much as I would love to work in psychology or counselling, it is not possible in my life. And never will be. Other aspects dominate and other planets have more strength in the chart.

ukdesifem

True Node is a factor of course. Though not sole factor. The Sun, Moon, Asc., and prominent aspects are all relevant. NN well aspected to a major planet (Sun to Saturn) or near a major angle.

ukdesifem

I would agree with the 6th house ruler and asc ruler having a part in the career as well as planets in the 10th house. Although I disagree with the nodes. I say this because my chart is weak for career. 10th house ruler, the sun, is in the 12th house, and it has the weakest strength in the chart. The north node is in the 7th house and trines the sun, as the south node sextiles the sun. As much as I would love to work in psychology or counselling, it is not possible in my life. And never will be. Other aspects dominate and other planets have more strength in the chart.

I've often found where the Sun or any other personal planet is doesn't matter much. It just highlights how that Sun or life force is expressed. For you, perhaps the MC, and all other personal planets are better to analyse.

ukdesifem

Transits to planets can have an effect on career potentials.

The Sun and Jupiter are key here, especially from Uranus, Neptune, and Jupiter itself.