How to find your career in a chart

Rebel Uranian

Exactly. My 6th house is Cancer, but I have Sun-AC-Uranus conjunct in Aquarius. Guess what kind of things I'm drawn to. Plus, all the talent in my chart apexes at my 11th house Pluto, not my 6th or 10th house (although my 10th house is Scorpio.) There is a page on Libra Rising about career indicators, so look at those, not at your 6th and 10th houses, which are usually completely incompatible with your AC (unless your Sun or some other important self-compatible planet or point is in one of those houses.)

Last edited:

clara27

Exactly. My 6th house is Cancer, but I have Sun-AC-Uranus conjunct in Aquarius. Guess what kind of things I'm drawn to. Plus, all the talent in my chart apexes at my 11th house Pluto, not my 6th or 10th house (although my 10th house is Scorpio.) There is a page on Libra Rising about career indicators, so look at those, not at your 6th and 10th houses, which are usually completely incompatible with your AC (unless your Sun or some other important self-compatible planet or point is in one of those houses.)

i don´t understand what you mean by all the talent in my chart apexes at my 11th house. Could you explain?

Isis

Hi everyone :)

I recently got interested in studying Law. I checked my progressed chart and my progressed MC has changed to Libra (being natal MC Virgo).

My question is: did this change influence my recent choice? Should we take into consideration progressed charts when looking into vocation?

What about a MC persona chart, is it worth looking? How does it work?

Thanks a ton!

Last edited:
Hi everyone :)

I recently got interested in studying Law. I checked my progressed chart and my progressed MC has changed to Libra (being natal MC Virgo).

My question is: did this change influence my recent choice? Should we take into consideration progressed charts when looking into vocation?

What about a MC persona chart, is it worth looking? How does it work?

Thanks a ton!
prog MC and ASc are important, most espec when conj a natal planet, giving that planet an outlet for expressions. Probably best to start your own thread and post your chart, with progressions and transits, found on astro in Extended chart selection..

Inquisitive

I really want to get into either boxing or MMA ( Mixed martial arts )
I have always liked fighting and i love sports.

Attachments

• .gif
    .gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 67
It is usually fairly easy to determine the area of career choice in a natal chart.

Here is an article detailing the process: http://aliceportman.com/?p=1310

Alice
Having viewed your site, I think it's important to explain to members you are a Traditional astrologer using those methods like duads, oriental planets etc. These methods are not (in my opinion) easy or not necessarily easy for novices, who could easily be overwhelmed by such information. As opposed to the majority on AW being Modern astrologers :smile:

waybread

Inquisitive and I'mnot there:

Howbeit you work through the steps outlined in my first post on p. one, and see what you think. Or work through the steps in the article in Alice's link. Then indicate where you get stuck if you don't feel you have the astrology background to do the entire diagnostic.

A50, Alice is not a "traditional" astrologer! Please check out her website again. She is past-president of one of Australia's leading astrological associations, and a long-time instructor and examiner. I think she knows how much information posters can handle.

Inquisitive, you like to fight, but be very careful that this doesn't stem from a cruel impulse to inflict pain on other people.

I'mnotthere9, what do you want to write about? What is the fire in your belly?

Alice McDermott

Having viewed your site, I think it's important to explain to members you are a Traditional astrologer using those methods like duads, oriental planets etc. These methods are not (in my opinion) easy or not necessarily easy for novices, who could easily be overwhelmed by such information. As opposed to the majority on AW being Modern astrologers :smile:

GOOD GOD! Traditional Astrologer :eek::eek::eek::eek: please don't ever insult me in this way ever, ever again. On most forums I am the bane of so called "Traditional Astrologers".

I started learning astrology in the late 60's and so called 'Traditional Astrology' wasn't even a gleam in the astrological community's eye. It wasn't born until a few years after Project Hindsight started in the late 80's.

As far as I know, most astrologers of my era are quite comfortable with these concepts. For example, Noel Tyl, who can only be described as a modern, psychologically oriented astrologer, uses oriental planets in all of his work.

Decans, duads, oriental planets, the first planet the Moon crossed over after birth, were all part of my beginners reading materials, with the first book I read on Duads 'The 144 Doors of the Zodiac' by Thyrza Escobar being published in 1974 and another 'The Zodiac Within Each Sign' by Frances Sakoian and Louise Acker published in 1975. I have worked with duads ever since, run workshops on these techniques and taught them to my pupils. During these years I discovered duad degrees and have been working with this technique for a number of years as well.

None of my pupils have ever complained about being overwhelmed with these concepts - nor was I when I started learning astrology.

I must admit I am shocked and saddened that, along with horary astrology, these normal astrological techniques have now been annexed into the 'traditional astrologers' kitbag as part of their 'tradition' and ignored by modern astrologers.

Unfortunately, through the thuggish and bullying behaviour of many 'traditional astrologers' the astrological community has become so divisive that certain techniques are only used by specific groups of astrologers. This can only be harmful to astrology as a whole.

Alice

Alice, I apologise for calling you Trad, but I still think the information from that link could easily overwhelm complete beginners to astrology and well put them off altogether. it would me if I saw all those things on duads, etc

waybread

A50, many members of this forum are not "complete beginners." If they are, they could be overwhelmed by anything. Intelligent beginners ask questions about anything they don't understand.... or spend some time on the Internet to look it up.

A50, many members of this forum are not "complete beginners." If they are, they could be overwhelmed by anything. Intelligent beginners ask questions about anything they don't understand.... or spend some time on the Internet to look it up.

I understand BUT this is a *sticky* designed for beginners, is it NOT? :whistling:

waybread

That doesn't require an assumption that the reader (a) knows little or no astrology, and (b) is unlikely to learn any.

The concept of an oriental planet couldn't be simpler.

Alice McDermott

Ah.. I hadn't registered that this was a sticky for beginners.

However, career indicators are rarely shown through the tools available to beginner astrologers as these tend to be far too general. Duads and midpoints to the MC are very good tools to develop as they give a really strong indication as to the type of career.

The career flow chart will also give good indications as I have demonstrated on my website, using Barack Obama as an illustration.

For anyone interested, each Thursday Noel Tyl does a hands on tutorial on Careers through the Thursday's Vocational Exercises segment of his forum: http://www.noeltyl.com/discussion/.

Alice

Ah.. I hadn't registered that this was a sticky for beginners.

However, career indicators are rarely shown through the tools available to beginner astrologers as these tend to be far too general. Duads and midpoints to the MC are very good tools to develop as they give a really strong indication as to the type of career.

The career flow chart will also give good indications as I have demonstrated on my website, using Barack Obama as an illustration.

For anyone interested, each Thursday Noel Tyl does a hands on tutorial on Careers through the Thursday's Vocational Exercises segment of his forum: http://www.noeltyl.com/discussion/.

Alice
thanks for the links they are helpful. Have you not noticed in every forum there are 'stickys' relating to the particular forum. there are loads in RMC for beginners, using reliable tried and tested techniques.

waybread

I'mnotthere, probably you have investigated poetry as a career, and know that it is nearly impossible for anyone to make a living from it. Check out the living poets whom you most admire, and see how they support themselves.

Many authors are university faculty (either full- or part-time), commercial writers and editors, or have a spouse who is gainfully employed.

So you might need to separate out your vocation from your means of putting bread on the table.

But it seems to me that you are more in love with the idea, or even the romance, of being a poet, than you are coming from a place of having something that you really need to say in poetic form.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

BTW, are you familiar with: www.poetryfoundation.org and www.poets.org ?

The ruler of my MC is Mercury, and it is located in the 5th conjunct Venus, which rules the fine arts. I went through a poetry-writing phase (like many people) but it never developed into a career. And think about it. Millions of people have Mercury ruling the 10th and located in the 5th. The 5th rules all kinds of amusements (like gambling) as well as one's children. Who knows--if the ruler of your 5th is well situated, you could become a gambler rather than a poet.

"Destiny" is meaningless for anyone unwilling to get off the couch and do the hard work required to succeed in a highly competitive field. A horoscope suggests certain talents and limitations. It is not a computer print-out of how your life will actually turn out. If that were the case, we would just print out babies' horoscopes at birth, track them accordingly, and let "fate" take its course.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

lilithofeden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2H1I4ItY4

I think if there is one sympathetic astrologer that believes in me, I'd say you watch this video that Jupiter has showed me, pretend the guy on the ground is Jupiter, I am the boy. Please, please. This was his way of communicating with me.

Jupiter is about the expansion of the mind. I think the only thing Jupiter is trying to tell you is to stop being closed minded!! You cannot force people into what YOU think is right, because western suits me perfectly! Transits fit, Virgo AC fits, Venus on my IC FITS! But I don't go around writing crazy persuasive speeches on why I'm right and everyone else is wrong.

Love2Know

Yeah I agree with astro50, I need to be viewing a beginner thread on this!!!!!!! I think my head just exploded. Taurus midheave cap mars virgo 2nd, pisces 8th..... I thought 8th was the house of death or something final transformation? I guess it was mentioned also joint affairs????? Also things located in the 10th house? Like my Chiron in gemini 10th :(((((((((( My retrograde mars will I have only a job at 80!>! No wonder I keep staying in university lol,

Last edited: