Career in writing with unaspected Mercury- possible?

Jelliedfishes

Being an author and getting widely published has been my big goal and dream since I was in elementary school. Currently going through my Saturn return in the 6th, and have been a man possessed when it comes to needing achievement and trying to figure out my career and place in the world.

Was told point blank that because of the square to my midheaven and the lack of aspects to Mercury, writing, publishing, and any chance of recognition or fame in this area was a no go. Don't get me started on his comments about the empty 3rd house. It was so disheartening! I've always struggled with getting ahead in any job I've had, and it always comes down to wanting to write more than I want to do anything else.

Is there anything redeeming in my chart in regards to this, or is this always going to be an uphill battle?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_anonymous.56207.132427.jpg
    astro_2gw_anonymous.56207.132427.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Actually, the fact that you have an unaspected Mercury is actually a major boon if you want to be a writer. Unaspected planets may speak to wild uncultivated talent or a constant thorn in the side of the native, and both don't have to be mutually exclusive. It's relevance to writing for you is all the more apparent because it rules the 3rd house.

Here is a primer on unaspected planets

http://www.astromarkt.net/astrology_to_study-html/unaspected-planets-and-missing-elements-html/amp/

You want to be a widely published author? Is this something that comes deep within you? Then go for it, since the manifestation of your chart resides in you, and not in the judgement of an astrologer of questionable quality.

Last edited:

Jelliedfishes

Actually, the fact that you have an unaspected Mercury is actually a major boon if you want to be a writer. Unaspected planets may speak to wild uncultivated talent or a constant thorn in the side of the native, and both don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Here is a primer on unaspected planets

http://www.astromarkt.net/astrology_to_study-html/unaspected-planets-and-missing-elements-html/amp/

You want to be a widely published author? Is this something that comes deep within you? Then go for it, since the manifestation of your chart resides in you, and not in the judgement of an astrologer of questionable quality.

Thank you so much for the reply! I was under the impression that unaspected planets were energy that couldn't be well used.

Can I ask for your opinion on the squares to the midheaven?

Jelliedfishes

How do people find something dispiriting to say about literally every chart?
Elevated mars in Aries, Venus in Taurus, mercury in Gemini, Jupiter in cancer, Saturn in Capricorn, moon in Aquarius. Geez.

Did the astrologer say what you would be good at? What kind of astrologer was it?

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

He said he was a traditional astrologer. Told me that while the Sun and Mercury in Gemini showed a love of writing, they didn't connect with the second house of money, and the empty third along with the unaspected Mercury showed a lack of ability to make any money from writing.

He suggested I look into business or some kind of management, or military (???) of which I have no interest in whatsoever. It's very important I find a way to work for myself and I dislike heavy structure and routine, so I was a bit confused by this.

ElenaJ

Being an author and getting widely published has been my big goal and dream since I was in elementary school. Currently going through my Saturn return in the 6th, and have been a man possessed when it comes to needing achievement and trying to figure out my career and place in the world.

Was told point blank that because of the square to my midheaven and the lack of aspects to Mercury, writing, publishing, and any chance of recognition or fame in this area was a no go. Don't get me started on his comments about the empty 3rd house. It was so disheartening! I've always struggled with getting ahead in any job I've had, and it always comes down to wanting to write more than I want to do anything else.

Is there anything redeeming in my chart in regards to this, or is this always going to be an uphill battle?

Your midheaven is ruled by mars, which is probably where the management and military comments are coming from.
Mercury. It is strong in gemini, the sign of communication par excellence. In your 11th house, it is exactly sextile your ascendent, so this is an important link that gives you expression of your thoughts to the outside world. The 3rd house is virgo, the detailed-minded sign, ruled by mercury. Another link.
And mercury is approaching a sextile with mars (MH ruler) in the 9th of publishing, while mars is also conjunct the part of fortune there.
This would seem to lay the basis for a career in communications or writing.
The 6th of work is Saturn, the 2nd of income is sun. Here we don't see a direct connection, but sun is in mercury's sign (again, comunicative energy) in the 11th, and inconjunct Saturn exalted in its own sign Capricorn, creating a tension and stimulus.
You don't say what type of writing you like to do, there is an infinite number of outlets here, from creative writing to research to journalism, etc.
Creative writing involves imagination and fantasy, which normally involves Neptune and the moon. Again there doesn't seem to be a strong link here.
Moon in Aquarius is approaching a trine to sun (the money house and your ascendent ruler). Aquarius is also politics. Political analysis?
The 9th is ruled by Jupiter, in the 12th (behind the scenes) and Jupiter also rules the 5th of creativity.
Jupiter opposes Neptune (fantasy) and trines pluto of research. Pluto also opposes Venus, while Jupiter sextiles her, bringing good taste and creativity into play.
Note also the conjunction of Jupiter and Chiron, the asteroid of knowledge and wisdom.
Aries on the midheaven is an aspect I also have, and I, like you, shunned the idea of management, but as I grew older and entered the work field I found out that I was good at it, and actually enjoyed it. People will tend to look to you as a leader and manager. Prepare yourself, you aren't ready now but in the future this may be a pathway you will want to follow.
Finally, both rulers of your 7th of partners are found in the 6th of work. You might go into partnership with others, your marriage partner might be involved closely in your work.
Hopefully this will give you a more complete picture of how your chart expresses itself, and remember, your instinct counts for a lot, so follow it and what is in your heart.