Programming, coding and software development

helike13

Hello!

Which planets/signs/houses are associated with software development and maybe website programming, game development. So everything coding.

Uranus or Neptune?

JUPITERASC

Hello!
Which planets/signs/houses are associated with software development

and maybe website programming, game development.

So everything coding.
For those skills
Mathematical ability is required :smile:
and is associated with MERCURY
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121676
Mercury completes 46 sidereal cycles and 145 synodic cycles with 46 years.
It has retreating arcs of 12 degrees for 20 days.

MERCURY is alternating between moistening and drying, and common...
. .....makes those born under it intelligent, tricky, busy
curious and efficient.
MERCURY controls intelligence, speech, reason
games, numbers, calculation
geometry, inventions
critical thinking, judgement,methodical work......

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf
Uranus or Neptune?
Traditionally
neither

Osamenor

Staff member
I would say several planets, several signs.

Mathematics and communication are Mercury sorts of things. For that aspect of coding, look to Mercury.

The internet is Uranus. Computer science in general is very Uranian. So Uranus gets involved.

If we're looking at signs, Aquarius has a particular resonance with the Uranian side of coding: internet, computer science, large scale communication. The Mercury-ruled signs of Gemini and Virgo, and/or the third house, also have a communication message, so might fit here. Virgo especially fits with the attention to detail that coding requires.

Considering what the coding is used for is another level. If we're talking about video game development, video games are for fun, so we might be looking at Leo, or at the fifth house. If we're talking about designing aesthetically pleasing websites, Venus and the signs it rules may be in play. (Fifth house again, too, considering that Venus joys in the fifth, in traditional astrology.)

Forgotten Warrior

I want to follow the same career,but I'm not sure how capable I would be.I have a Virgo Mc,along with Venus-Neptune in Aquarius(3rd house),both opposed by Jupiter.
I also have North Node in Gemini,but I don't think that would help too much.

Osamenor

Staff member
I want to follow the same career,but I'm not sure how capable I would be.I have a Virgo Mc,along with Venus-Neptune in Aquarius(3rd house),both opposed by Jupiter.
Based on your chart, it sounds like you would do fine. Lots of astrological signatures associated with coding here.

My brother is doing coding as his second career (he started out as a teacher). He has some chart similarities with you: Venus-Sun in Aquarius, and Mercury too; Virgo rising (both of you have Virgo as an angular sign and a Mercury ruled midheaven--my brother's MC is Gemini), and where you have a Jupiter opposition to the third house, he has Jupiter in the third.
I also have North Node in Gemini,but I don't think that would help too much.
North node is where you're going over the course of your life, and what you tend to want, or draw in, more of. It doesn't necessarily have much to do with your career, but if you're wanting more Gemini, it stands to reason that much of what you do is going to be in pursuit of what Gemini means to you. I wouldn't say that a coding career is your north node in and of itself, but that why you want to code comes from your north node-related desires. If for some reason you ever change your mind about coding, you'll probably be pursuing other Gemini kinds of things.

Forgotten Warrior

Based on your chart, it sounds like you would do fine. Lots of astrological signatures associated with coding here.

My brother is doing coding as his second career (he started out as a teacher). He has some chart similarities with you: Venus-Sun in Aquarius, and Mercury too; Virgo rising (both of you have Virgo as an angular sign and a Mercury ruled midheaven--my brother's MC is Gemini), and where you have a Jupiter opposition to the third house, he has Jupiter in the third.
North node is where you're going over the course of your life, and what you tend to want, or draw in, more of. It doesn't necessarily have much to do with your career, but if you're wanting more Gemini, it stands to reason that much of what you do is going to be in pursuit of what Gemini means to you. I wouldn't say that a coding career is your north node in and of itself, but that why you want to code comes from your north node-related desires. If for some reason you ever change your mind about coding, you'll probably be pursuing other Gemini kinds of things.

My North Node gives me interest in Gemini things,but doesn't specify my career?
My Mercury's in Pisces...how would that affect the MC?
I'm a female,so some may think it's kinda weird I'm interested in coding...
I was born when Uranus first entered Pisces,so it's a mutual reception between Uranus and Neptune..How would that affect?
Either way,thank you for your reply,it really helped me.
I apologize for the late reply.

Osamenor

Staff member
My North Node gives me interest in Gemini things,but doesn't specify my career?
Nothing in your birth chart specifies your career. The chart as a whole gives you some parameters, but you can choose any career that fits those parameters, and there are always many careers that do. The parameters your chart provides would also include plenty of careers that you aren't interested in and/or don't have the means to pursue, so it really comes down to what you are interested in and can pursue.

The main considerations for career are your sixth and tenth houses. The sixth house indicates what you need in your day-to-day working environment, routines, duties. The tenth house indicates career in the sense of how it shapes your public identity. If there are any planets in those houses, consider those planets first, then also look at the house rulers. If there are no planets in those houses, then it's only their rulers you would consider.

Your north node is where you're going over the course of your lifetime. Your career might be part of the picture, but it's part of the journey, not the destination. The north node is the destination--or rather, a hint of what the destination would be, if you got there. But getting there isn't really the point. Moving toward it is. Ever hear the saying "Life is a journey, not a destination"?
My Mercury's in Pisces...how would that affect the MC?
You get some sort of Piscean message in your career. Pisces is flexible, empathetic, idealistic, intuitive, a dreamer, and an escapist, to name a few things. (Some variation of that message fits your Neptune/Uranus mutual reception, with Uranus and Aquarius bringing in the mass communication, electronics, computers part.) Mercury in Pisces is much more intuitive than detail oriented, apt to say, "I just know how to do this," without being able to spell out every detail. That would probably be your approach to coding.

That Pisces message might also be reflected in what you use your coding skills for. Developing video games (creativity, escapism)? Managing websites for unusual and idealistic organizations? Teaching coding skills to underserved populations? Any of those would fit the picture, and that's not an exhaustive list.

Forgotten Warrior

Nothing in your birth chart specifies your career. The chart as a whole gives you some parameters, but you can choose any career that fits those parameters, and there are always many careers that do. The parameters your chart provides would also include plenty of careers that you aren't interested in and/or don't have the means to pursue, so it really comes down to what you are interested in and can pursue.

The main considerations for career are your sixth and tenth houses. The sixth house indicates what you need in your day-to-day working environment, routines, duties. The tenth house indicates career in the sense of how it shapes your public identity. If there are any planets in those houses, consider those planets first, then also look at the house rulers. If there are no planets in those houses, then it's only their rulers you would consider.

Your north node is where you're going over the course of your lifetime. Your career might be part of the picture, but it's part of the journey, not the destination. The north node is the destination--or rather, a hint of what the destination would be, if you got there. But getting there isn't really the point. Moving toward it is. Ever hear the saying "Life is a journey, not a destination"?

You get some sort of Piscean message in your career. Pisces is flexible, empathetic, idealistic, intuitive, a dreamer, and an escapist, to name a few things. (Some variation of that message fits your Neptune/Uranus mutual reception, with Uranus and Aquarius bringing in the mass communication, electronics, computers part.) Mercury in Pisces is much more intuitive than detail oriented, apt to say, "I just know how to do this," without being able to spell out every detail. That would probably be your approach to coding.

That Pisces message might also be reflected in what you use your coding skills for. Developing video games (creativity, escapism)? Managing websites for unusual and idealistic organizations? Teaching coding skills to underserved populations? Any of those would fit the picture, and that's not an exhaustive list.

Wow,thank you...
No,I have no planets in neither 6th house(Taurus) nor 10th house...
North Node is mainly how would I evolve in life,career being a part of it...
Yes,I do relate to what you said about Mercury...I'm kinda intuitive when it comes to maths and coding...
But other parameters(like my Saturn in Gemini) would affect all of that?
I'll post my birth chart for the complete puzzle:
http://imgur.com/a/gk5wNSi

Forgotten Warrior

And yes,I love video games,I would like to teach children/students how to code,and build a career on it or just by it being an interest...

Forgotten Warrior

And an organization website wouldn't be so bad...