What are the chances of the two of us getting together?

AstroThrive

Hello,
I've been a member on this forum for a year I believe, I have enjoyed reading about astrology over the course of the past year. I admit I have not studied horary very much, and for those of you who don't want to take the time to look over my chart, I don't blame you.
I understand the depth and energy it takes to interpret a chart which is why I haven't taken the time to learn/study horary(shame on me).
For those of you who are considering giving me a hand, I always, always post back with results. It's been well over 6 months since I've posted a horary and I'm rusty on basics... today I had an odd coincidence in my day that moved me to cast a chart!!
I've bumped into a man several times in the past two weeks. I first saw this guy over a year ago, shooting at a local archery shop. I hadn't seen him in over a year and then a little over a week ago I ran into him at a local gas station. I was first struck by remembering how cute he is and trying to remember where I knew him from and then it dawned on me. Well since that day I have seen him 3 times.. Twice at work and once and I local archery convention.. All three times have been totally random and unintentional. Coincidence? Yes, my question is related to romantic intentions(

Attachments

• 7281.GIF
    7281.GIF
    51 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Hello,
I've been a member on this forum for a year I believe, I have enjoyed reading about astrology over the course of the past year. I admit I have not studied horary very much, and for those of you who don't want to take the time to look over my chart, I don't blame you.
I understand the depth and energy it takes to interpret a chart which is why I haven't taken the time to learn/study horary(shame on me).
For those of you who are considering giving me a hand, I always, always post back with results. It's been well over 6 months since I've posted a horary and I'm rusty on basics..
. today I had an odd coincidence in my day that moved me to cast a chart!!
I've bumped into a man several times in the past two weeks. I first saw this guy over a year ago, shooting at a local archery shop. I hadn't seen him in over a year and then a little over a week ago I ran into him at a local gas station. I was first struck by remembering how cute he is and trying to remember where I knew him from and then it dawned on me. Well since that day I have seen him 3 times.. Twice at work and once and I local archery convention.. All three times have been totally random and unintentional. Coincidence? Yes, my question is related to romantic intentions(

Rather than answer the question outright, let's see if we can work on those rusty basics?

Leo rises, which means you are the Sun and he is Saturn. You are cosignified by the Moon. His significator is retrograde, and Sun separates from a trine with him. Mercury is in his 1st house, separating from a square and moving into his detriment/fall. What do these things say to you?

AstroThrive

Yes, I like your thinking!

I was able to determine which planets were representing the two of us....

I noticed he(saturn) is in the 4th house, fourth house represents father/family/home.... NOW, Im pretty sure he has a daughter because I saw them together.... I have never seen a mom that I know of, he is young... maybe 26?

I(sun) am in the 8th house, representing purification... But Luna is in the 3rd house of exploration.

His planet being in retrograde is a negative indicator but I notice there is a willingness to get together because Saturn trines the sun.

Luna is also trine to Venus, are they dignified though? Saturn lands in Scorpio, scorpio being a water sign could signify more promising(dignities of venus)

There is a a good aspect between mars(young man) and Sun(me)...

Mercury is separating from a square and moving into detriment.. uh oh, that doesn't sound good?

Thanks Tsmall!
-Astrothrive

tsmall

Premium Member
Yes, I like your thinking!

I was able to determine which planets were representing the two of us....

I noticed he(saturn) is in the 4th house, fourth house represents father/family/home.... NOW, Im pretty sure he has a daughter because I saw them together.... I have never seen a mom that I know of, he is young... maybe 26?

This is going to be Mercury in his 1st. Mercury is young people, and Mercury is the ruler of his turned 5th house of children.

I(sun) am in the 8th house, representing purification...

Not quite. The 8th in horary isn't purification. The 8th represents death (though not in this case), taxes, debt, inheritences, situations that are failing and the fear and anxiety that go along with these. The 8th is also unconfigured to the ASC, which means that if your significator is in the 8th you can't control where things are going, because you can't see to steer them.

But Luna is in the 3rd house of exploration.

Let's be a bit more literal than that. The 3rd represents your neighborhood and the places you frequent through short travel. Where did you say you've run into this guy several times recently? :whistling:

What you need to pay attention to are the dignities. Moon is in joy in the 3rd, and Libra is the exaltation of Saturn. Someone has some pretty big ideas about this guy.

His planet being in retrograde is a negative indicator

It is more than a negative indicator. His planet being retrograde means that he isn't open to anyone at this time. Or, he might be, but he isn't in a position to be be able to accept it.

This is going to be like diving into the deep end before you've learned to doggie paddle, but Saturn is retrograde in Scorpio. In the 24th degree. Ok, Saturn is a masculine planet, and he is diurnal. Do you follow? Saturn wants to be on the same side of the horizon (the ASC/DC axis) as the Sun. Otherwise he is what is called out of sect. That is the diurnal part.

The masculine part is that Saturn wants to be in a masculine sign. Scorpio is a feminine sign. Saturn wants to be in a masculine quater of the circle (called a quadrant) which means Saturn wants to be in the 12th, 11th, 10th or the 6th, 5th or 4th houses. Saturn also wants to be in a masculine degree; the 24th degree of Scorpio is feminine.

If we look at all of these factors, the only thing Saturn has going for him is that he is in masculine quadrant. Saturn is way out of sect. Planets that are out of sect are doing something they normally wouldn't do, doing something that is against their nature, or doing something completely inappropriate.

He is also peregrine, which means he lacks any essential dignity where he is, and his ruler Mars is in detriment, retrograde, and doesn't make an aspect to him. Saturn...has issues.

Sweetie, you don't want this Saturn.

but I notice there is a willingness to get together because Saturn trines the sun.

This aspect is separating. It's actually kind of cool to learn about horary because the concepts do carry over into interpreting natal charts. And even modern astrologers can benefit from (as many have) understanding the difference between an aspect that is applying and one that is separating.

Sun moves faster than Saturn. Faster planets (the order from slowest to fastest is the Chaldean order; Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon. If you are going to use the outer planets, the farther away from the Sun the slower they move. So slowest would be Pluto, then Neptune, then Uranus) apply to slower planets, then aspect, then move away from or separate.

Separating aspects in horary show us what has happened. In order to say that you two will get together in the future you want to find an applying aspect between the two significators. If you can't find one, you want to find a planet that is moving from one to the other that can bring them together.

Luna is also trine to Venus

That aspect is also separating. Actually, what Moon did in this case is what I was describing above. Venus and Jupiter are not in aspect with one another (the quincunx is not a Ptolemaic aspect and so not counted in traditional horary/astrology) but the Moon first squared Jupiter with reception (because Jupiter is in the Moon's domicile) and then the Moon trined Venus (while Moon is in Venus' domicile.) This is called translation of light. But, it is separating, meaning in the past.

What did that do? Well, Moon as your cosignificator shows your state of mind. Jupiter as exaltation ruler of Cancer is in the 11th house (his joy) of trust and friendship; also the house of hopes and wishes...in this case specifically hopes and wishes that pertain to the 10th house of status. Someone is dreaming of a relationship that could be significant. Moon in her joy (3rd house) is translating that light to the planet Venus which represents love. Does that about describe your state of mind? You saw this guy, he's cute, ran into him a few times and started to wonder/imagine what could happen?

The thing is those aspects are separating. Meaning in the past and not the future.

are they dignified though? Saturn lands in Scorpio, scorpio being a water sign could signify more promising(dignities of venus)

No, Saturn is Venus' ruler, but Saturn is in the sign of her detriment. She is in his house but he hates her. I'd say your mystery guy is pretty soured on love at the moment.

There is a a good aspect between mars(young man) and Sun(me)...

Thankfully that aspect is separating as well. Look at it. Mars is retrograde and peregrine in his detriment; he is also in the sign that is the fall of the Sun. You as the Sun don't want that kind of aspect, even if it is a trine. Not all trines are nice. If this were applying, it would show that Mars could/would quite easily (the nature of the trine) harm the Sun. Probably physically, since Libra is a violent human sign.

Mercury is separating from a square and moving into detriment.. uh oh, that doesn't sound good?

His Mercury, whatever that represents, is the complete focus of his attention at the moment. And there are problems there.

Thanks Tsmall!
-Astrothrive

You are quite welcome. I hope it was helpful.

AstroThrive

Tsmall, You are brilliant! Sorry, I have been trying to reply to your response all week but have been slammed with work. I can't express how much you helped me understand that chart! THANK YOU!
A couple responses to your notes....

You said:
It is more than a negative indicator. His planet being retrograde means that he isn't open to anyone at this time. Or, he might be, but he isn't in a position to be be able to accept it.

This is going to be like diving into the deep end before you've learned to doggie paddle, but Saturn is retrograde in Scorpio. In the 24th degree. Ok, Saturn is a masculine planet, and he is diurnal. Do you follow? Saturn wants to be on the same side of the horizon (the ASC/DC axis) as the Sun. Otherwise he is what is called out of sect. That is the diurnal part.

The masculine part is that Saturn wants to be in a masculine sign. Scorpio is a feminine sign. Saturn wants to be in a masculine quater of the circle (called a quadrant) which means Saturn wants to be in the 12th, 11th, 10th or the 6th, 5th or 4th houses. Saturn also wants to be in a masculine degree; the 24th degree of Scorpio is feminine.

If we look at all of these factors, the only thing Saturn has going for him is that he is in masculine quadrant. Saturn is way out of sect. Planets that are out of sect are doing something they normally wouldn't do, doing something that is against their nature, or doing something completely inappropriate.

He is also peregrine, which means he lacks any essential dignity where he is, and his ruler Mars is in detriment, retrograde, and doesn't make an aspect to him. Saturn...has issues.

Sweetie, you don't want this Saturn.
LOL is sounds like it, good to know!
----------

This aspect is separating. It's actually kind of cool to learn about horary because the concepts do carry over into interpreting natal charts. And even modern astrologers can benefit from (as many have) understanding the difference between an aspect that is applying and one that is separating.

Sun moves faster than Saturn. Faster planets (the order from slowest to fastest is the Chaldean order; Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon. If you are going to use the outer planets, the farther away from the Sun the slower they move. So slowest would be Pluto, then Neptune, then Uranus) apply to slower planets, then aspect, then move away from or separate. Thank you for explaining this to me, I never understood until now, so anytime two planets are in aspect, the one that moves the fastest is actually applying the aspect to the slower planet? How would you determine when they separate?

Separating aspects in horary show us what has happened. In order to say that you two will get together in the future you want to find an applying aspect between the two significators. If you can't find one, you want to find a planet that is moving from one to the other that can bring them together.
----------------

What did that do? Well, Moon as your cosignificator shows your state of mind. Jupiter as exaltation ruler of Cancer is in the 11th house (his joy) of trust and friendship; also the house of hopes and wishes...in this case specifically hopes and wishes that pertain to the 10th house of status. Someone is dreaming of a relationship that could be significant. Moon in her joy (3rd house) is translating that light to the planet Venus which represents love. Does that about describe your state of mind? You saw this guy, he's cute, ran into him a few times and started to wonder/imagine what could happen? You literally hit the nail on the head, it is so cool you were able to determine this. This is why I love horary!! Thank you for assisting me in re-awakening my passion for astrology!

The thing is those aspects are separating. Meaning in the past and not the future.
------------

Thanks again! Your amazing....
Mary

tsmall

Premium Member
Thank you for explaining this to me, I never understood until now, so anytime two planets are in aspect, the one that moves the fastest is actually applying the aspect to the slower planet?

Yes. And in horary it will be the faster (lighter) planet that initiates the action, because it is the faster planet that is applying/pushing for something to happen.

How would you determine when they separate?

And when the light one goes across the slower one by one minute or less, it is already separated from it.

~Abu Ma'shar, Great Introduction to the Science of the Stars