Transiting Jupiter Conjunct Ascendant

byjove

Account Closed
Hi everyone,

yep I did search for the exact phrase above and didn't find anything (I'm stunned!)

I definitely am learning from transits but I have to be honest and say life experience so far has been more instructive than reading material. That said, I would love to learn from others about this.

OK so my own understanding laid out:

Jupiter expands and broadens what it touches. It adds optimism, positive thinking, provides the courage for a leap of faith. From learning with others, I think a bounty of money is more about luck, not to be expected and it takes a suitable configuration of planets, aspects, rulers and houses.

Jupiter can over-do, believe blindly, be unpractical, overconfident, even arrogant, it can waste resources, notably time and money.

The ascendant marks the physical body, personal interaction with the world, personality and contact with it seems to have far-reaching effects in a native's life - if transited by other planets. Inner planets as usual having more fleeting effects e.g. Mercury, a phonecall.

Combined, I've read some much broader interpretations which affect more than I seem to understand given what I mention above. That, given the 12 year Jupiter cycle, it marks a high-point in the life for many individuals (unless the ASC, it's ruler, planets therin or other transits) are 'challenging' which could instead bring pain, frustration, misfortune. New people, new opportunities, possible travel and so on.

Any thoughts, comments, ideas? :happy:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi everyone,

yep I did search for the exact phrase above and didn't find anything (I'm stunned!)

I definitely am learning from transits but I have to be honest and say life experience so far has been more instructive than reading material. That said, I would love to learn from others about this.

OK so my own understanding laid out:

Jupiter expands and broadens what it touches. It adds optimism, positive thinking, provides the courage for a leap of faith. From learning with others, I think a bounty of money is more about luck, not to be expected and it takes a suitable configuration of planets, aspects, rulers and houses.

Jupiter can over-do, believe blindly, be unpractical, overconfident, even arrogant, it can waste resources, notably time and money.

The ascendant marks the physical body, personal interaction with the world, personality and contact with it seems to have far-reaching effects in a native's life - if transited by other planets. Inner planets as usual having more fleeting effects e.g. Mercury, a phonecall.

Combined, I've read some much broader interpretations which affect more than I seem to understand given what I mention above. That, given the 12 year Jupiter cycle, it marks a high-point in the life for many individuals (unless the ASC, it's ruler, planets therin or other transits) are 'challenging' which could instead bring pain, frustration, misfortune. New people, new opportunities, possible travel and so on.

Any thoughts, comments, ideas?
:happy:
Hi byjove
Jupiter transiting Ascendant has a markedly different effect on each individual's natal chart
because the house and sign location of the natal planet ruling the sign location of natal ascendant
is a factor that requires detailed assessment

i.e.

Currently Jupiter is transiting Tropical Cancer
therefore
the house and sign location of the natal moon is an influence on this transit

also the transiting moon has an influence as sign ruler of Cancer

no single 'transit' has sole 'power' over a natal chart,
instead all transits are read while keeping in mind the TOTALITY of the influences of any natal chart

so

considerations in this case are in particular:

aspects made by natal moon to natal Jupiter
aspects made by natal moon to natal Ascendant
aspects made by natal Jupiter to natal Ascendant
aspects made by any natal planets to natal Jupiter and natal ascendant
aspects made by any natal planets to transiting Jupiter

USEFUL INFORMATION FOR THE MANY EXPERIENCING A JUPITER RETURN
WITH JUPITER IN CANCER
AND
JUPITER CONJUNCT ASCENDANT
http://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/cancer-jupiter.html :smile:

Houses in which any planets aspecting natal ascendant and natal Jupiter are located are obviously key considerations

sasa62

generally in such a situation, we can say that a person devotes to its own needs whatever they may be.

During the past period of approximately one year ago, indicates the need for planning future plans, but the problem of such period are unclear plans, and frequently changing the plans.
Turning out to Jupiter in the Ascendant and first house plans have become clearer, and only then can start with realization of the same

Birch Dragon

Hello byjove - if I recall rightly from other posts, a fellow Aries Sun / Mercury in Pisces person...! (Is that right???)
The transit fits your name: byJOVE.
I'm sure you have it posted in a number of places across the site already, but could you post your natal? I don't have a handle on transits or how best to read them yet, but as JupiterASC tells us (seems lie the perfect person to answer this question!) I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with how the planet is situated in your natal.
Also, quick thought... Jupiter is engaging with that cardinal cross right about now. That must have some say on how this transit is affecting you, no? Do you have Aries stuff around 13 degrees as well???
Ok, EDIT: I've just seen on another thread that your ASC is in the later stages of Cancer and so by the time Jupiter gets to it we'll be through the cardinal cross, probably living in its wake. AND I see that you have Jupiter and North Node in Aries just recently rolled over by Uranus. I wonder if that Uranus-over-Jupiter effect, however you felt it over the past year, offers some clue to how Jupiter manifests in your life and therefore to your coming Jupiter/ASC transit. ???

That said, one last off-the-top-of-my-head thought: from yet another thread I gather you're moving to Canada? Surely that'll instigate an expansion of your personal self. Moving to Canada = more than just a physical change of place. It'll be an immersion into a whole other culture, a whole other language of social life. Unless you decide to live in a vacuum while you're there the experience is bound to change you/expand you and your persona...
For a starters, you might have to learn the fine art of ending your sentences with "eh."

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Hi everyone!

JupiterASC, I quite agree about the importance of synthesising everything, especially in the last year I've come to appreciate this first hand. I'd still like to find some commonality though.

sasa62, you're assessment is absolutely correct in my case. One year spent planning for the future and now in 11 days I move abroad to better work opportunities. Now the plans are being realized, just like you said. That's exactly what has been happening.

Birch Dragon, hello to you too! Yes you remember well, the Ram Sun and Fishes Mercury, yep. Transits, I have more experience with Saturn and Uranus transits now, Jupiter, not so much. I really don't know what to expect. Jupiter rules my 6th and I'm moving abroad specifically to get work. This transit happens two months from after I arrive...I know what I'd *like* to think (new work) but I'll have to see. Yep sure I'll add my chart.

Attachments

• ByJove Natal and Transits.jpg
    ByJove Natal and Transits.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 44

Birch Dragon

Hi byjove,
I edited my last post probably exactly when you were posting.

One more immediate, top-my-head-thought, about your natal conjunction of Jupiter to your North Node.

It strikes me that different astro-people have different notions about the nodes. But in my own life I think my Nodes have been screaming a kind of Master Theme at me. I see them as really important in my chart for understanding something like karmic purpose, or maybe even just pointing at the key struggle(s) I'll b working through in life... and so that really colors how I look at other people's charts. And I have to admit, maybe I'm just seeing it that way right now because my nodes are at 13 degrees Capricorn/Cancer so they're being very much activated by this whole grand cardinal cross thing...

But if you'll allow me to think about the nodes for a moment as a spot in the chart that tries to point us in the direction of some key purpose or dominant theme in the life, I have to wonder whether your Jupiter conj North Node doesn't suggest something really great about you: that a key part of what you're doing on the planet is working to expand yourself in those Jupiter-like ways: physical and mental exploration to deepen and enrich your core self.
What a great part of a destiny to have!
The NN in Aries also suggests something about this being a part of what you have t do to better establish your own ego/psyche as opposed to always thinking in terms of negotiating the needs and positions of others (I don't know... Have you ever just said, "Look I need to go, travel, do something else. It's just something I need to do for myself.")
Given that Aries and the first house resonate, and your Jupiter/Node conjunction is in Aries, this Jupiter through first house transit you're about to embark on might be a time where you're really engaged with the purposes suggested by your nodes. ????
Again.. Not an astrologer... Just some initial thoughts...

Last edited:

Flowergirl

Pertaining just to your title question: last time Jupiter went over my ascendant I got fat - real fat for the first time in my life. I've also notice that people with natal Jupiter conjunct ascendant (in first house) tend to be on the overweight side in later life.

So if you are starting a new job during that time, you could perhaps watch your liver for signs of being overburdened. Create some good detox food (like healthy stir fried vegetables, veg soup or a good broth (bone broth if you're into that sort of thing) and stay clear of fatty foods. Also stay clear of things that are hard to digest like wheat and too much meat. That would be my advice to you, ByJove. If you are doing that, then perhaps you can avoid what happened to me. Believe me, I'VE LEARNT MY LESSON! Loosing that fat was darn difficult!

Best wishes :)

PS: have fun with your new opportunities & job

Last edited:

dr. farr

I look at conjunctions (by transit) and also Parallels by declination (in transit) to the ascendant (ascending degree) this way:
-if the analysis of the transit-conjuncting planet in the natal chart shows it to be net dignified, then transit conjunctions of that planet with the ascending degree would bring in + influences of the nature of that planet, to the very essence of the person (to their very "core", which is shown by the ascendant generally and the ascending degree most specifically)
-however if the analysis of the transit-conjuncting planet in the natal chart show it to be a net detrimented planet, I interpret the reverse of the above-that the planet will bring in -, disruptive, difficult influences of the nature of that planet, to the very essence of the person (during the conjunction time of that planet in transit)

For me, whether a planet is a "benefic" or a "malefic" depends entirely and exclusively upon the net condition of that planet-I long ago abandoned (as not being valid in actual practice) the idea of a planet being "naturally"(essentially) benefic or "naturally" (essentially) malefic (I have substituted this-"benefic", "malefic"- concept, with the "anabolic" and "catabolic" understanding regarding the essential nature of each planet)

sasa62

sasa62, you're assessment is absolutely correct in my case. One year spent planning for the future and now in 11 days I move abroad to better work opportunities. Now the plans are being realized, just like you said. That's exactly what has been happening....

It is that which astrology doing ... detects and explains the processes in the life of people, processes in the past and present processes, and of course future processes ...
The only astrology can do it, because it has a tool for that ..

Flapjacks

Transits, I have more experience with Saturn and Uranus transits now, Jupiter, not so much. I really don't know what to expect. Jupiter rules my 6th and I'm moving abroad specifically to get work. This transit happens two months from after I arrive...I know what I'd *like* to think (new work) but I'll have to see. Yep sure I'll add my chart.

I agree with dr. farr about "benefic" vs. "malefic". Jupiter being a baddie is foolhardiness or overdoing it. However your Jupiter is pretty well placed, imo, as well as the ASC (your ASC is conjunct my Sun... I'm getting Jupiter on my Sun while you have it on your ASC).

Travel for work makes sense, Jupiter being ruler of your 6th and being in your 10th conjunct NN, in the sign of the cardinal and "go-getter" Aries. Cancer tends to be more subdued in expression, and Moon is down there in 3rd house Virgo. Jupiter puts the adventurous side into focus, I think, once it hits your ASC and goes through the 1st. It will trine Mercury that is the depositor of your Moon (ruling your ASC), and conjunct MC from 9th house.... so there are all these signs of upwards and forwards here. At least, this is how I'm seeing it. There is also the square to Sun, though, so maybe there will be some "overdoing it" if you get too excited. :wink:

And Happy Birthday. :)

byjove

Account Closed
Birch Dragon - The Jupiter/NN situation, I know *exactly* what you mean about 'getting up and going travelling'. It's always in my mind. It's hard to both achieve steady career progress (with money) and go wandering whenever curiosity strikes...as for the life predictions, I can only tell you on the other side of life, in the future lol.

Flowergirl - Yep, I've heard about Jupiter expanding the waistline and I am watching the situation. I definitely do appreciate the word of advice! My wasitline had largely unchanged for ten years until a year and a half ago. I'm certainly more conscious. I will keep this in mind. I have both Solar Return and progressed Moon in natal sign of Virgo. I'm watching my diet like a hawk!

Dr. Farr - Good advice on considering the benefic/malific status of the planet to determine the outcome of transits. But Jupiter is one of the few planets in my chart that I can't really determine. I honestly don't know whether to consider it reasonably fortunate or unfortunate. If it doesn't suffer several challenging aspects, particularly from Saturn/Mars, perhaps it's OK both in fire and angular? An angular benefic?

Flapjacks - Ah ha so you will have the TR over your Sun? Is your Sun placed OK, will it channel the Jupiter TR positively? Regarding the TR across the ASC, it will sextile the Moon (1st ruler) and trine Venus (in 9th) in May, before it reaches the ASC. It's good to get some feedback from others about it's natal position because I wasn't sure whether to expect good or bad results. It's transit through Gemini wasn't fortunate. As things move on I'll drop in the thread again to update on what the results turn out to be!

kaali

Interesting info! Jupiter will be conjunct my Asc soon and I do feel like there are potentially "big changes" in store, although I'm not sure if they'll be positive lol, everything just seems very up in the air right now. I have Sag moon trine Jupiter, and can relate with you Birch Dragon and byjove... I'd love nothing more than to just pick up and leave the country to travel, it's been on my mind for a long time. But transiting Neptune is also square my moon right now which has brought nothing but delays and confusion and issues of all kinds.

Regardless I'll be grateful to have it out of my 12th house, I've been severely lacking in motivation. Anyway, I can't complain too much about Jupiter, transiting Pluto conjunct Dsc should be the real fun for us Cancer Asc people :D

byjove

Account Closed
What else can we say about the arrival of Jupiter at the ascendant? Psychologically? Emotionally? Developmentally?

With the Saturn cycle, I've learned first hand the arrival at the ASC and dipping below the horizon toward the IC. It really was about building inner resources. In true Saturn fashion, unnecessary baggage is left behind. The movement from the IC to the MC brings the person back out into the world; the 4th, structures at home, the 5th, creative instincts, attitude toward enjoyment and also children, the 6th, day-to-day working structures and also health and so on.

The Jupiter cycle of course is much shorter, only half that of Saturn's, approximately. It's about broadening horizons, the mind and the life of the native? So a conjunction is a merging the principles of Jupiter with the ascendent - ? - the how the individual sees the world, what they want from it and how they go about getting what they want from life? So the individual sees a bigger world and sets sail on a new course?

On a much more practical note, as mentioned by another person above, I too have heard much about the effects on the body - enlargment. The heads up is noted!

byjove

Account Closed
It's a few months later now and the transit becomes exact this weekend. I can notice just one change so far - my body. I've been playing a lot of sport lately (something I haven't done in years) and I already have muscles popping out everywhere. I have Mars parallel ascendant, perhaps that's what TR Jupiter is expanding. (Mars in Gemini, tennis, hands).

Flapjacks

It's a few months later now and the transit becomes exact this weekend. I can notice just one change so far - my body. I've been playing a lot of sport lately (something I haven't done in years) and I already have muscles popping out everywhere. I have Mars parallel ascendant, perhaps that's what TR Jupiter is expanding. (Mars in Gemini, tennis, hands).

You changed your picture! I like. :D Anything with cats, haha.

I've become more exuberant with the conjunction to Sun (also becoming exact!) and my body has changed too... I actually lost weight, something I haven't done in years. Last time Jupiter was on my Sun I lost weight as well (20 lbs), gained it back over the years, and now I've lost 10 lbs. I'm guessing that this is because I have Mercury conjunct Sun, and Moon opposed (ruling Sun) so there's just a lot more overall activity that cause me to lose weight. I don't try to do it it just happens.

Virgo Moon ruling your ASC might be showing more health-consciousness, too?

Last edited:

dhundhun

This type of Jupiter's transit adds fun to life -- weight also. Transit of Jupiter in 1st/2nd will help in career, if you are looking forwards for some gain / opportunity.

Good luck.

astro11

I have this transit right now, it goes exact tomorrow. So far I am the same weight but am quite conscious of my figure at all times. Wonderful opportunities, generally fortunate circumstances, got 3 major new career opportunities in the last week. I also am meeting my new business partner in person today, excellent synastry, this relationship is very good for us both.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

What else can we say about the arrival of Jupiter at the ascendant? Psychologically? Emotionally? Developmentally?

With the Saturn cycle, I've learned first hand the arrival at the ASC and dipping below the horizon toward the IC. It really was about building inner resources. In true Saturn fashion, unnecessary baggage is left behind. The movement from the IC to the MC brings the person back out into the world; the 4th, structures at home, the 5th, creative instincts, attitude toward enjoyment and also children, the 6th, day-to-day working structures and also health and so on.

The Jupiter cycle of course is much shorter,

only half that of Saturn's,

approximately.

It's about broadening horizons, the mind and the life of the native? So a conjunction is a merging the principles of Jupiter with the ascendent - ? - the how the individual sees the world, what they want from it and how they go about getting what they want from life? So the individual sees a bigger world and sets sail on a new course?

On a much more practical note, as mentioned by another person above, I too have heard much about the effects on the body - enlargment. The heads up is noted!
Jupiter's cycle around the Sun takes 11.86 Earth years = 4332 days :smile:
so
recall events approximately 12 years ago,
that's when Jupiter was previously conjunct your natal ascendant

byjove

Account Closed
I was a kid when Jupiter last made that pass, so little was happening!

Jupiter also trined my Mercury/MC conjunction at the same time. Job offers flooded my inbox and I had good choice. It certainly was a very happy time. No change in weight thankfully.

leostar

Hello everybody,

I'm a Leo, and a Virgo rising. My ascendant is at 22 Virgo. Jupiter started transiting my sun sign last year, and too many opportunities showed up for expansion from overseas. Even though, I did the best I could, neither of them came to fruition as squares, oppositions, and Mercury retrogrades messed them up.

I also have natal north-node at 20 Leo, and a few days ago, Jupiter conjunct my north-node, and was in exact trine with transiting Uranus in the 9th house. This aspect was also in trine with my natal Neptune in the 5th house, but nothing happened. All I know that transiting Mars, and Sun in Cancer along with transiting Saturn through my 4th house (Scorpio) are making my life a living hell.

Transiting Venus, and Jupiter will meet up tomorrow, conjuncting my natal north node, and trine my natal Neptune at 20 Sagittarius. All astrologers are promising "windfall of good fortune", love etc.. but nothing interesting and exciting has happened yet. I'm really confused.

Anyway, transiting Jupiter will conjunct my Ascendant in December, and how should I expect good events in my life, or it will pass like it does now?

Thanks