The First U S Shutdown In 17 years Is Imminent On 1 October 2013

JUPITERASC

'…..House Republicans, led by Speaker John Boehner, want to delay President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act for a year and make other changes to the law. Democrats, led by Obama, say that won’t happen. Republicans and Democrats say they don’t want to close the government, though neither side is budging from their positions.

Obama will meet with his cabinet this afternoon as agencies prepare for a shutdown, and plans to reiterate to reporters that he won’t give in to Republican demands over the health law, according to an administration official who asked for anonymity to discuss White House strategy...'
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...wn-in-17-years-at-midnight-seen-probable.html

'…..Hanging in the balance are 800,000 federal workers who would be sent home if Congress fails to pass a stopgap spending bill before funding expires tonight.

Representative Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, top Democrat House Budget Committee said today on Bloomberg Television

“I’m afraid, based on what Speaker Boehner has said so far, that we are going to look at a shutdown,”

Concern that shutdown will stunt economic growth sent stocks lower today, trimming biggest quarterly gain since start of 2012, while Treasuries rallied and Japanese yen strengthened before potential shutdown. The Standard & Poor’s 500 fell 0.5 percent to 1,682.63 at 10:37 a.m. in New York.....'

Mundane chart attached

Attachments

• FIRST US SHUTDOWN IN 17 YEARS.jpg
    FIRST US SHUTDOWN IN 17 YEARS.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 42

JUPITERASC

The Senate has rejected conditions imposed on the federal budget by the House of Representatives, paving the way for a partial shutdown of government services. Senators in the Democrat-dominated upper house refused to support a bill by their colleagues in Congress which delayed the introduction of the controversial Obamacare. The rejection of the bill means there is no agreement on how federal money should be spent in the coming budgetary year. If the Democrats and Republicans fail to find a solution before the deadline at midnight on Monday, the shutdown goes into force at 12.01am EST on Tuesday (5.01am BST).

Barack Obama said on Monday morning (US time) that he was still confident a deal could be reached that avoids many US federal government services grinding to a halt. But Obama said he would not negotiate under the threat of the US government shutting down or defaulting on its debt.

"There's a pretty straightforward solution to this. If you set aside the short-term politics and you look at the long-term here, what it simply requires is everybody to act responsibly and do what's right for the American people," Obama said.

JUPITERASC

SHUT DOWN A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR HIT TO THE ECONOMY

'....A government shutdown could cost still-struggling U.S. economy roughly $1 billion a week in pay lost by furloughed federal workers. And that's the tip of the iceberg. First, there are estimated 800,000 federal employees who will be off the job. That's roughly same number of workers employed by all auto assembly lines and auto parts factories across the country. But economists say the impact will come not just from those lost wages, but also from related businesses cutting back or halting their operations. That will lead to a pullback in spending by employees of affected companies. Then, there's the impact from increased business uncertainty that trims investments and disrupts financial markets.....'

'....The total economic impact is likely to be at least 10 times greater than the simple calculation of wages lost by federal workers, said Brian Kessler, economist with Moody's Analytics. His firm estimates that a three to four week shutdown will cost the economy about $55 billion. That would mean that the economic impact from a month-long shutdown would be roughly equal to the combined disruption caused by Hurricane Katrina and Superstorm Sandy, not counting the property damage that accompanied those storms.

"What's maddening is this is all totally voluntary. It's totally unnecessary," said Kessler.

While a shutdown now appears inevitable, Kessler said there are still hopes that the economy can be spared the worst of the impact...'
http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/30/news/economy/shutdown-economic-impact/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

AstroLogical

I'm new to the forum so help me out here...

I see at least 6 posts, all by JUPITERASC but all it seems to be is quotes of what "they" said. Is this an effort to grab and repost the most quotes or is there astrological commentary somewhere about this topic that i'm not seeing? Please explain.

Thanks

dr. farr

The deadline has just now passed (time of this posting)

In the posted mundane chart, note Mars (dispositer of the 10th house-the government house) conjoins the Part of Fortune, often a difficult configuration (ie Mars conjunct POF) along with Moon (lord of the ascending sign/first house) in partile conjunction with Mars-also not a very favorable configuration. The Moon, Mars and the POF ALL posit pitted degrees (blocked degrees) of Leo! Note also that this Mars/Moon/POF grouping occurs in the 2nd whole sign house-the house of substance, the house of $$.
Will benefic Jupiter, exalted in the 1st house in Cancer, be sufficient to rescue the situation??

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member

In the posted mundane chart, note Mars (dispositer of the 10th house-the government house) conjoins the Part of Fortune, often a difficult configuration (ie Mars conjunct POF) along with Moon (lord of the ascending sign/first house) in partile conjunction with Mars-also not a very favorable configuration. The Moon, Mars and the POF ALL posit pitted degrees (blocked degrees) of Leo! Note also that this Mars/Moon/POF grouping occurs in the 2nd whole sign house-the house of substance, the house of $$.
Will benefic Jupiter, exalted in the 1st house in Cancer, be sufficient to rescue the situation??

I think so. Look at that trine, though separating, between both the ruler of the MC and the exaltation ruler of the MC. Jupiter is exalted and moving by diurnal motion to the ASC, and Venus is in joy. Separating again, but in partile trine to the MC.

Venus, who is the exaltation ruler of the 9th/MC (9th being law) is separating from Mars, meaning she is no longer regarding the ruler of Congress...but Moon will perfect the partile conjunction to the ruler of Congress and then translate the light to Venus by square...and while Venus is in detriment and the fall of the Moon, Moon is acutally supported by Mars and is the exaltation ruler of Taurus/11th.

dr. farr

Hope you are correct!
For me, though, any help from the Moon (or Mars) is undercut by their position inside pitted degrees; also Dragon's Tail in the 11th, doesn't look too beneficial for aid and assistance.
The last government shutdown (1996) lasted 26 days: officially the US government is now "shut down" (Tuesday AM, October 1, 2013)-let's hope this time the shutdown will be resolved sooner!

JUPITERASC

I'm new to the forum so help me out here...
Of course :smile:
I see at least 6 posts, all by JUPITERASC but all it seems to be is quotes of what "they" said. Is this an effort to grab and repost the most quotes
or is there astrological commentary somewhere about this topic that i'm not seeing? Please explain.
You clearly did not notice the astrological commentary is in the form of a Mundane Chart I posted on the OP
although I did highlight it by underlining the words mundane chart.
This area is the Mundane Astrology subforum intended for Country and Place astrological discussion
and in order to facilitate such discussion I posted the Mundane Chart so that any interested members could easily refer to it
and then comment if minded to do so. And you and anyone is welcome to post a Mundane astrological comment if interested
In fact, I note that two interested members have since viewed the Mundane Chart and posted their comments.

That's OK

To clarify then - the deadline was looming for a dramatic event that last occurred 17 years ago.

As the deadline loomed closer I continued posting various updates/reports from newsmedia who were feverishly speculating as to
WHETHER THE IMPASSE WOULD CONTINUE
or
BE RESOLVED AT THE LAST MINUTE BEFORE THE DEADLINE EXPIRED
thus informing any interested members of the developing situation
as is normal practice on our forum

dr. farr viewed the Mundane Chart I posted BEFORE THE DEADLINE PASSED and commented as follows:

Will benefic Jupiter, exalted in the 1st house in Cancer, be sufficient to rescue the situation
??
member tsmall responded with an interesting brief analysis of the developing dramatic situation
I think so. Look at that trine, though separating, between both the ruler of the MC and the exaltation ruler of the MC. Jupiter is exalted and moving by diurnal motion to the ASC, and Venus is in joy. Separating again, but in partile trine to the MC.

Venus, who is the exaltation ruler of the 9th/MC (9th being law) is separating from Mars, meaning she is no longer regarding the ruler of Congress...but Moon will perfect the partile conjunction to the ruler of Congress and then translate the light to Venus by square...and while Venus is in detriment and the fall of the Moon, Moon is acutally supported by Mars and is the exaltation ruler of Taurus/11th.
HOWEVER dr. farr is not as optimistic regarding Jupiter's potential to rescue the situation
Hope you are correct!

For me, though, any help from the Moon (or Mars) is undercut by their position inside pitted degrees; also Dragon's Tail in the 11th, doesn't look too beneficial for aid and assistance.

The last government shutdown (1996) lasted 26 days: officially the US government is now "shut down" (Tuesday AM, October 1, 2013)-let's hope this time the shutdown will be resolved sooner!
As time passes this extraordinary situation must clearly be resolved but how and when remains a mystery currently.
Meanwhile, many thanks to everyone for your comments

Marinka

I usually don't do event charts unless they are being compared with an "original" chart and thus I have posted 2 charts (the way that I do it). The first of for Oct 1st and the 2nd for October 15th.

At a quick glance ....

Oct 1st chart
- Moon/Mars conjunct and having both just recently passed into 9th house and now moving apart - no deal, ideological differences
- Trans Merc 2 Scorpio in 11th tri ven at 3 Cancer in 7th - some communication is likely about this matter over the next few days but venus in the house of open enemies getting this trine is an indication of public fighting about how to get government working again (which our politicians seem to always do)
-Trans sun 8 Libra trine Uranus 8 Gem - sun is in position of power in the house typically ascribed to the President/leader. This makes an easy connection to Uranus in house of open enemies. This shutdown was expected and while jolting is being handled. While the communication line has been no compromise, this might have indicated otherwise. Could be wrong but, if less had been asked for, this could have been a "bone" that would have been thrown.
- Black moon will be conjuncting with Sun and this (IMO) indicates an alternate path that the ideology takes. Likely that Republicans come up with a compromise maybe, even one that is tolerable and is not seen as a compromise.
- south node conjunting Chiron (ruler of 10th, leader/president) - this is also hinting at compromise in the coming days. Maybe a hidden deal. This is a hint of tiredness with this ...
- Venus is moving towards the 1st house - as it passes through the 12th, likely hidden deals and maybe some announcement/public deal when venus emerges into the open at the ascendant which is about 10/15/2013.

Oct 15 chart -- Note Debt ceiling in 2 days

- Trans Sat at 11 Scorpio moving to trine the Sun at 13 cancer. This is a potent configuration and looks like there will be a move forward past differences but, hard to know for how long that would be as suggestions from chart suggest only a pushback until end of year
- Venus has moved over the 1st and a deal has already been announced or should be soon
- Moon approaching the 4th (house of endings) so this is likely coming to a close
- Mars at 29 Leo - Very little power left for the Mars which would be the opposition element and it will be seeking some practical accomplishments. Grandstanding will hopefully be ending or on the wan and business should start getting taken care of.

Note, I didn't look at every day which is typically what I do when I studying mundane events to make sure I account for all angles and leave very little to chance. In this case, I picked a logical conclusion and that appeared to be with the Venus moving over 1st.

Attachments

• USA131001.png
    USA131001.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 22
  • USA131015.png
    USA131015.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

US SHUT DOWN DAY 3

'......Members of Congress and the president, at odds over who caused the shutdown, will continue being paid and must be by law because their jobs are authorized by the U.S. Constitution and are paid with mandatory funds, not discretionary spending dependent on annual appropriations.

Members of the House and Senate have earned $174,000 annually since 2009. Among congressional leaders, House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) earns $223,500 annually, while the Senate leaders Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) get $193,400.

Congressional earnings are less than the $230,700 salary for Vice President Biden and the $400,000 salary for President Obama, neither of whom have said whether they plan to do with their shutdown-era pay......'
. http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/30/politics/shutdown-congress-staff-paid/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rs-will-refuse-their-pay-during-the-shutdown/

JUPITERASC

3 OCTOBER 2013
UPDATE

'….Republicans control House of Representatives and are demanding concessions from Obama and his fellow Democrats IN RETURN FOR funding government's continued operation AND for raising the debt ceiling. Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said his party were: "locked in tight on Obamacare'' and neither the president nor Democrats in Congress would accept changes to the law as the price for a deal on reopening government. Republicans demand repeal, delay/defunding of healthcare reform law dubbed Obamacare - passed by Democrats 2010. Major portions of that law - subsequently validated by the US Supreme Court and major issue in 2012 presidential election - took effect Tuesday....'

'…..The president truncating his Asia trip suggests the shutdown won't be over soon. All the signs are that neither side is preparing to blink. But while the president is staring hard and straight ahead, the Republicans' eyes are beginning to water, and they are glancing at the ground. Obama has a strategy - the Republicans have a problem. First Republicans wanted to stop Obamacare, then delay it, then delay part of it. The messy, shifting Republican message won't get through, except to their hardline base. But Obama has firmly linked this crisis to a much worse one....'

'….Threat not to raise US debt ceiling is appalling/terrible for world economy. Likely Democrats will tie both issues together and insist there is no point reopening the government unless the debt ceiling is sorted. Being invited to take part in grand negotiations about the whole of the government's finances could give Republicans a face-saver. For the president, dealing a fatal blow to "government by crisis" would be a big prize.

Boehner could end current government showdown by allowing House to vote on "clean" budget bill that doesn't alter the health law - because that could pass with coalition of Democrats and moderate Republicans....'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24378831

Marinka

JA, do you by chance know which house members are the ones pushing to kill the Healthcare Act? I haven't seen a list and all I've heard so far is innuendo as to who they might be.

poyi

Premium Member
I totally thought the previous Syria thing was a cover up of their totally rotten financial problems. Just to turn the international attention on war and blaming war as the cause of poor finance and to stop people paying attention on their inability of reviving their economy and international image. Policing other countries? Is only a cover up to hide their impotent.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

3 OCTOBER 2013 '...The US Capitol has been placed on lockdown following reports of gunfire outside the building. US Capitol Police say at least one officer has been injured.

"There are reports of injuries," said Terrance Gainer, the Senate's Sergeant at Arms. FBI agents were headed to the scene. Sky News US correspondent Amanda Walker heard series of shots within minutes of each other before police swarmed the area: "It was about 2.20pm local time and we heard a series of gunshots. After five minute brief pause, further gunshots - that's when immediately we heard this cacophony of sirens, police cars, various units going around this area that is constantly so heavily-guarded."...'

MUNDANE CHART OF EVENT ATTACHED

'….Television footage showed at least one person being removed from the area on a stretcher.
As a warning was sounded, the House abruptly went into recess and lawmakers left the chamber floor.

The House had just finished approving legislation aimed at partly lifting the government shutdown by paying National Guard and Reserve members.

People standing outside the Supreme Court across the street from Congress were hurried into the court building by authorities. The White House was quickly locked down after the incident at Capitol Hill and the stretch of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the compound was closed to pedestrians....'

'….Secret Service said the procedures were precautionary. In a notice distributed by email, the US Capitol Police advised everyone to "close, lock and stay away from external doors and windows. The reports come two weeks after a deadly shooting at the nearby Navy Yard and amid a government shutdown...'

Attachments

• SHOTS FIRED US CAPITOL LOCKDOWN  3 OCTOBER 2013.jpg
    SHOTS FIRED US CAPITOL LOCKDOWN 3 OCTOBER 2013.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 19

poyi

Premium Member
JupiterAsc, excuse my non astrological picture. As a cat lover I simply can't resist this cute sarcastic picture...

1377405_10151766108648197_2092371428_n.jpg