Poll: Is your rising the same as one of your parent's sun sign?

FarEastUranus

I read a hypothesis that you generally get the same Asc from at least one of your parents' sun signs. Apparently, this is even a good way to verify the all-important accuracy of your birth time.

Very tempting to apply this but in your experience, does this have some degree of truth?

Just for fun, please list pros and cons from verifiable data. Thanks!

Moog

My parents Suns are in (sidereal/tropical):

Dad: Sag/Cap
Mum: Virgo/Leo

I'm a Scorpio rising both ways.

The way I find familial correspondence is through the symbolism of the houses.

If you're the first child of your parents, then their 5th houses and rulers should say something specific about you.

Likewise, the 4 and 9 in your chart should reflect your parents.

In my father's chart, I'm Saturn in Leo in the 12th house conjunct Moon.

My mother's Chart, I'm an exalted Jupiter in Cancer, again in the 12th.

My mother likes me a lot more than my dad does. :sideways:

Interestingly, in my chart, the rising sign lord (representing 'me') is in the 12th house from both 4th and 9th rulers.

FarEastUranus

Well Moog look at my chart.

If I move my Cap moon from 5th to 4th and Gemini Jupiter from 10th to 9th, that would give me a Leo rising! (Tropical, sorry...)

Moog

Well Moog look at my chart.

If I move my Cap moon from 5th to 4th and Gemini Jupiter from 10th to 9th, that would give me a Leo rising! (Tropical, sorry...)

You'd have to be born hours later than your current chart suggests to get your moon in the 4th. Not sure why you want to move your planets like that, perhaps you misunderstood me, or I'm not explaining properly.

The Moon is thought to represent mother (natural signifier) in many astrological traditions. However, there is also a house associated with them that can also be read, the temporal signifier.

You don't have to apologise for using tropical, :lol: try them all.

The problem is you're going to totally confuse yourself (or we are), given where I think your current understanding of astrology is.

If you're not sure what your birth time is, and you don't already know how to rectify a chart, you'll be far better off learning astrology from other peoples charts, rather than fuddling with your own. You can return to your own in a few years and you'll probably be able to work it out.

I'm currently writing on a chart that, when I first started doing astrology, I really wanted to look at, but there was no birth time. I recently figured it out. However, this person is quite famous, with quite an extensively documented life, so it was possible.

You might employ an astrologer for a rectification. I'm very dubious about buying astrological services myself, it's an area absolutely loaded with negative potential.

chris10

I read a hypothesis that you generally get the same Asc from at least one of your parents' sun signs. Apparently, this is even a good way to verify the all-important accuracy of your birth time.

Very tempting to apply this but in your experience, does this have some degree of truth?

Just for fun, please list pros and cons from verifiable data. Thanks!

No, I don't think that's true.
My parents are both Aquar.
The only planet I have in Aquar is jupiter.
However, I do have Uranus in the 1st aspecting my sun and mars, jupiter, saturn, neptune, chiron, MC.
I also have planets in the 11th.

FarEastUranus

My moon and Jupiter are both on cusps, 5th and 10th. and 15th minute earlier would have given me a Leo rising, and 4th and 9th respectively for moon and Jupiter.

Again, Tropical, standard Equal House...

FarEastUranus

No, I don't think that's true.
My parents are both Aquar.
The only planet I have in Aquar is jupiter.
However, I do have Uranus in the 1st aspecting my sun and mars, jupiter, saturn, neptune, chiron, MC.
I also have planets in the 11th.

Sorry what is your Asc? If you have Uranus in your 1st house, it should be a sign adjacent to Uranus?

chris10

My moon and Jupiter are both on cusps, 5th and 10th. and 15th minute earlier would have given me a Leo rising, and 4th and 9th respectively for moon and Jupiter.

Again, Tropical, standard Equal House...

Check all the important events in your life and check the transits to your chart's angles at those times.
I first started believing that astrology is not a scam when I realised that all major events of my life were at times when outer planets were transiting angles of my chart.
It took me years to "believe" and I still do experiment to see if all this works.

FarEastUranus

And this is not something that I came up with, but from a reputable astrology source.

I was only saying that if I "were" born 15 minutes earlier, Moog's observations would be true. Not that I wonder if I'm a Leo rising or not. I also think that the 5th house fits my mom better, although both 9th and 10th fits my dad.

Again, if you participate, it would be nice to know your Ascendant, as that's the variable we are verifying here, not any planets for the moment.

Last edited:

princess valhalla

For me, this happens to be true.

Me= Taurus rising, Sun Sag, Moon Aquarius
Mom= Triple Taurus (Sun, Moon and Mercury) Aquarius rising
Dad= Taurus Sun, Scorpio Moon , Cancer Rising (29th degree, almost Leo rising)
Older Sister= Libra Rising, Sun Aquarius, Moon Taurus
Little Sister= Leo Rising, Gemini Sun, Libra Moon

Def. a pattern (Taurus, Aquarius) there amongst my mom, older sister and self.

As for my 2 daughters:

Oldest: Libra rising, Libra Sun, Pisces Moon (Libra rising like my older sister, and her Sun in Libra is the same degree as my little sister's Moon Libra.)
Younger: Aries rising, Sun and Moon in Scorpio (her dad, well both of their dad, is Aries rising, Sun Scorpio, Moon Capricorn.) She has same ascendant and sun sign as her father and the same moon sign of my father (her grandpa!)

Last edited:

Kuntuzangmo

father, sag sun, not sure rising, but could very well be scorpio
mom, cap sun, cancer rising
me, sag sun, , cap moon, leo rising
mom's twin's daughter (my cousin) leo sun, sag moon
my uncle (cousin's father) leo sun

Bina

Nope, I'm Pisces rising and my parents Cancer and Leo suns, no Pisces there at all..(neither rising nor moon nor anything else important).
My brother is a Piscean, though, and on a soul level quite close to me.. :smile:

Last edited:

ViLo

Nope. I'm a leo rising 29 degrees, third decan... and my parents are saggitarius and pisces. so... by looks of it totally not. however, we get along pretty well because i'm a scorp sun.

Peregrine_Moon

I don't know either of my parents' birth times and neither of them is living.

But my oldest child has her Sun in Sagittarius, which is the sign of my Ascendant. Both of my sons have Libra Suns. The older one has Scorpio rising, as does his father (whose Sun is in Aries). The younger one has Aquarius rising.

My Mom has Libra Rising and her mother was a Libra. One of my sister's has Virgo Rising and my Mom is a Virgo. I don't know my Dad's birth time. I don't know if this is along the same line, but I have my Aquarius Moon in the the tenth house (conjunct MC) and my Mom's Moon is in Capricorn.