Mercury goes direct today. July 20, 2013

piercethevale

Greetings all you starry eyed believers.

As this particular period of a retrograde mercury has been causing me all sorts of consternation, acouple of days ago I decided I needed to know precisely when it is to go direct on Saturday. In light of what the event chart I produced reveals, I'm glad I decided to make it as precise as possible [down to the exact second, by the computers estimation]. Being precise for this event is something I wouldn't have normally done until rather recently as estimates to within minutes had, generally speaking, been the rule and not the exception in my life for such astrological concerns pertaining to Mercury. For some reason I never took Mercury too serious as a 'Heavy Hitter'. I know well enough now that was a underestimation...as it is with any Planet, they all need to be given serious consideration. By serious, I mean 'fully revealed and analyzed'... if you're going to call yourself an 'Astrologer', anything less than your best effort should be unacceptable.

I cast a chart for my locale, here in Orangevale, Calif. to begin with and the event chart for the moment mercury will go direct again, i.e. 11:22:05 a.m., the Part of Fortune for that event will be in the 5th of Pisces and conj. transiting Neptune.
By Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala", the 5th degree of Pisces symbolizes:

"A CHURCH BAZAAR.

KEYNOTE: The value of giving a spiritual or transcendent sanction to even the most commonplace interchanges between social persons and individual minds.

This is the last of five symbols emphasizing the interaction between people constituting a social group, small or large. It brings in the element of religious sanctions. The purpose of any organized religion is primarily to meet the need of giving a more permanent significance to interpersonal relationships within the framework of a particular way of life and culture. It helps to keep the society 'hole' by making it 'holy'— at least in principle and ideal. It justifies human behavior by blessing it with a divine Revelation of what is good and valuable. It idealizes biological and social needs by ritualizing them.

This ends the sixty-seventh five-fold sequence on a note of RITUALlZED BENEFICENCE. It stresses the possibility of the 'Presence of God' in even the most material human activities."

...well, I won't go into my personal life and upcoming demands but this symbol is exactly what I needed to hear. I am postponing an important meeting and the other party is not a believer in Astrology and isn't passive about His disbelief either. He is a devout member of one of those 'Christian sects" that insists that the "Bible' says that any form of Astrology and any type of use of it is unholy and is collaborating with the Devil.
As Mercury is going direct here soon after he will be getting out of church [he's of a denomination that observes the Sabbath on Saturday] it's a perfect time to suggest for this meeting, [and I know that he'll figure that the time I suggest for our get together to be perfectly natural for a sunny Saturday afternoon.]
As the Part of Fortune of the event moment is a suggestion for a meeting that must be given a respectful spiritual decorum it is absolutely an opportunity 'tailor made' as to the timing of Mercury going direct here in my locale.
The event chart axis is a near perfect 90* Cross. All four points are the 3rd degree of the Cardinal signs...Two of those being the exact same sign and degree as the Sun and the Moon were in the last Full Moon...[read the Sabian Symbols for that in the thread for that event or at the mindfire website that has all the Sabian Symbols as identified and summarily defined by Dane Rudhyar if you're interested the other axis points and or anything else to do with this subject at this link here: http://mindfire.ca/The Sabian Symbols/An Astrological Mandala - Contents.htm ]
Do regard these axis points, as in the same manner, as that of a natal chart interpretation. The Asc. being "WHO", the Desc. as "WHERE-TO", the M.C. [for a spiritually evolutionary concern and interpretation] as to "HOW", Who is supposed to get to Where-to, and the I.C. as the answer as to "WHY" concerning the first three. You should be able to see why I'm particularly upbeat about Sunday and it being of such good potential and to such an extent that I don't think I can ruin it...even if I try to....knock on wood...]

Now...here's were it gets a little bit more interesting...that is those of you that have been following my threads and developments utilizing the chart I propose and am totally confident is the natal chart of the U.S.A., that being the zero hour [12:00:01 a.m.] July 4, 1776 Philadelphia, Penn. chart.

Anyone that read my thread for the last Full Moon , the 'Super Moon', as it was being called by Astronomers, knows that the event chart I cast for the exact moment of that Full Moon event for the locale of Philadelphia produced an M.C. in the 11th degree of Aries and that the Desc. and the Part of Fortune for that event was the 26th of Capricorn and within a degree of orb of conj. to the natal Pluto of the U.S.A. I also mentioned in that thread how an event chart cast for my locale here was just as equally significant to my own personal situation and this locale. You should all understand that we are still collectvely in that cycle of process. Although the New Moon has already come and gone since then, it is still the other hemi-cycle to what had been set in motion during that last Full Moon, that being what is, as Dane Rudhyar put it, that all cycles of orbits by the Planets, Moon et al, that are used for calculating aspects are a series of a progression of aspects. From New Moon to Full Moon, for example is half of a complete cycle and in that first half cycle in which the Moon is moving away, apart from, the Sun it is in an "Involutionary Hemi-cycle", called that by Rudhyar, because, as he wrote:

"...because a spiritual potentiality or karmic necessity involves or incorporates itself into matter." The second half, or waning part of the Moons cycle is called the "Devolutionary Hemi-cycle." [

[and also wrote that there is a polar complement to Devolution and that it is Evolution. The change from Involution to Devolution is cyclic, continuous and natural...it occurs everywhere around us constantly, but the change from Devolution to Evolution requires a kind of mutation or 'quantum leap' from one level, the level of 'life', to another ~ the level of 'mind' or growth in consciousness.]

And...so WE ARE in another period of incorporating "Spiritual potentiality" into matter...and for those of us that can and have taken that 'Quantum Leap", Rudhyar wrote of, it is incorporating what we derived from that "Quantum Leap" into the material world..."into matter", as Dane put it..

If you review the thread and note the timing of the major event in the news for the States, on the date of the Full Moon, it was 'Snowden', that was at the forefront. The I.C. of the event chart for Philadelphia, interpreted in a mundane manner, is then the "HOW" of the situation and it being the 11th deg of LIbra it was summarily defined by Rudhyar as, " ...of being able to transfer to the young generation the vast sum of knowledge accumulated by the past. [and that]... It deals at the intellectual level with the teaching of accumulated collective knowledge, and the problem posed by the acquisition of that knowledge. This is what INSTRUCTION means — a process not to be confused with 'education'. "
The M.C. of that event chart, in a mundane interpretaion, gave the "WHY" of the situation and that being the 11th of Aries, by Sabian Symbol "The Ruler Of A Nation", the "WHY" is explained in Rudhyars words as; "...the appearance of the (personal) ego as the central manifestation of a type of 'order' which transcends and seeks to rule the emotional and instinctual drives of the individual person.... ..., a desire for a larger type of integration has now emerged. It is no longer biological-impulsive (Aries 1°) or emotional-personal (Aries 6°), but social-collective and institutional. At this ego level, laws and the restrictive power of a police force are dominant features. Psychologically speaking, this means that the integrative principle is the limited, more or less narrow 'I am' realization. It manifests itself as the personal ego exerting its will to control the reactions of the bio-psychic organism.... ... [at this] stage of the...sequence of the cyclic process. It indicates a CENTRALIZATION OF POWER at the level of a rigidly structured consciousness."

I think everyone can easily see that this was [and still is] pretty much the gist of the entire 'Snowden affair'.

The Part of Fortune for that chart, although, must be applied in understanding to a spiritually evolutionary interpretation of the chart.

It just so happened to be the same as the Desc. which regardless of either form of interpretation is the "WHERE-TO" for all and it was a most compelling symbol to 'Take The High Road"...as in "The Road, or Path, to Higher Consciousness" or that of a Consecrated way of Lifestyle.

This event for Mercury returning to 'direct procession' today, cast for Philadelphia, produces a Part of Fortune for the moment of the event that is in the 11th degree of Aries.:wink:

This is especially interesting in that the Part of Fulfillment [derived from, Asc. + Mars - Venus ...which I believe, and am presently near totally convinced, that it should more properly be titled the Part of Obligation] for the zero hour natal chart of the USA is @ 10* :aries: 09' 04" and that there is a Grand Trine on the event involving Satun in the 5th of Scorpio, Neptune in the 5th of Pisces, Mars and Lilith in the 5th of Cancer and Jupiter in the 6th of Cancer [Jupiter's very same place in the natal chart of the USA. A Jupiter return, that is.]

To really, properly, analyze this event, it should be done in the same manner I've been posting threads on the Trans-Saturnian Planets these past few years that have been of such profound importance [and those analyses substantiated by the events that followed] to the United States. That "manner", being, of following and analyzing the three step process involved with the retrograde actions of a Planet. I, more or less loosely, termed these three steps as the "Impasse, the Trigger and the Release." as to the reversal in direction to retrograde, the return to direct motion and the ''Final Return" to the Planets' point of impasse

...and the concurrent Sabian Symbology for the North Node of the Moon at each point giving the 'Big Cosmic Why' of that moments' ephemeral meaning of all Astrological activity as to the 'Bigger Picture' of all Humankind, world wide.

...I'll try to get to more, if not, it all today, but it is now after 4:30 a.m. [and by this moment of actually posting this, it's nearly 5:30...Oy Vey! Where does the time go?} here in Calif. and besides the "Final return is still not until August 3rd. ... but check back, because this is definitely going ...
...to be cont. ...

attached: event chart for Mercury goes direct, July 20, 2013 Philadelphia, Penn. 2:22:05 p.m. [Ya just gotta love them numbers, '222'! I doubt that anyone is interested in the event chart for my locale. I just gave the facts pertaining to my own situation to illustrate and substantiate what the locale chart means to the inquirer for a given event situation. but I'll provide it if anyone is interested... or just cast one for my locale yourself... but trust me, I gave the factual data.

Attachments

• Mercury Direct event July 20, 2013 Philadelphia.jpg
    Mercury Direct event July 20, 2013 Philadelphia.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

piercethevale

As a courtesy to those that might not have time later to check in...and also for any reason that I may be delayed in the continuation or too slow, in doing so, for some others.... Here's the charts for the retrograde event and the "Final Return" event cast for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Attachments

• Mercury Retro event June 2013 Philadelphia.jpg
    Mercury Retro event June 2013 Philadelphia.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Mercury Final Return August 2013 Philadelphia.jpg
    Mercury Final Return August 2013 Philadelphia.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 17

piercethevale

Please note the following for the "Mercury Direct" event chart for today.

The transiting N. Node is conj. the USA [zero hour] natal charts' 'Part of Positive and Helpful Changes. and the natal charts' Part of [Spiritual] Service. It also happens to be in the same sign and degree as the N. Node is in within that very chart I've been promoting and championing as being that of Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth...said position in that chart being 13* :scorpio: 18' 27"

The trans. Moon is conj. the USA natal Part of Friends aka Part of Dramatization

Trans. Pluto is conj, by within 1* of orb, to the USA natal Part of Mans' Marriage aka what I have, to date, concluded to also represent a "Part of Contentment of the Soul"

The I.C. of the event chart is conj. the USA natal Moon.

Trans. Neptune is retro but still conj. by within 1* of orb to the USA Part of Astrology [one of two formulae so identified as being such] aka Part of Messages or aka, by my own interpretation, Part of Omens and Signs, as I believe it should be more properly identified as such.

The Vertex of the event chart is conj. the USA natal Mars. [and such "HEAVY" {in Hippie jargon} Sabian Symbolism]

Trans. Pallas is conj. the USA natal Part of Basis

Trans. Mars is within 1* orb of conj. to the USA natal Jupiter and Trans. Jupiter is conj... a JUPITER RETURN!

Trans. Mercury is within 1* conj. to the USA natal Sun

...and trans. Vesta is conj. the USA natal N. Node....!

See my thread on the listing of all Astrological Parts derived from the USA natal chart [zero hour: 12:00:01 a.m. July 4, 1776 Philadelphia, Penn. chart] in the Mundane sub-forum at this link: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54760
fo any questions pertaining to the location of the parts in question and or as t the formulae for deriving the same. Thank you, ptv

Last edited:

piercethevale

I don't recall where I swiped this 'poster' from ...or who, if that be the case... but I find it so darned appropriate...

Attachments

• tumblr_mjtddbDvcm1rt98h8o1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mjtddbDvcm1rt98h8o1_400.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 17

piercethevale

Well, I was going to take a nap...or something more like a good nights sleep, but as it is morning, here, and there being some really interesting aspects of note going on... i just have to get this post up before taking a breather.

Mercury went retrograde on June 30, 2013 at 9:07:35 a.m. in Philadelphia on that day @ 23* :cancer: 06' 51", that is the 24th degree of Cancer and the Sabian Symbol for the 24th degree of Cancer represents the 'precept' that Mercury, in this instance being representative of the collective mind and means of communication of the citizens of the United States, has come to an 'impasse', concerning matters of further expression, communication, Freedom of the Press/Speech issues.

The 24th degree of Cancer [by Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala.']

"A WOMAN AND TWO MEN CASTAWAYS ON A SMALL ISLAND OF THE SOUTH SEAS.

KEYNOTE: The focalization of complex inner potentialities in harmonic and concrete relationships.

We are dealing here with a special phase of the process of integration. The woman and the two men represent the three-fold aspect of the human personality, particularly at this stage when one of these aspects — the emotional life (the woman) — is facing the possibility, if not the inevitability, of relating itself to both the spiritual and the mental. [Italics, underlining and colour added are my doing for the purpose of emphasis. ptv] This confrontation occurs on a small island of the South Seas, and "south" always refers symbolically to the strong and passionate impulses of human nature. Somehow the three-fold consciousness has to develop a harmonious and well-integrated modus vivendi (a specific way of life). If successful, this will release powerful energies and will lead to the next symbolic scene.

We have reached the fourth stage of the twenty-third five-fold sequence. As is most often the case, we are introduced here to a specific technique — or at least to a problem of technique — in living. The three human beings should become integrated; but the form this integration will take seems left open. It has to be a concrete type of integration in terms of the emotional and biological drives of human nature (an island of the South Seas) and the field of integration is 'small.' The key to the problem of relationship should be the realization of INTER-DEPENDENCE."

It does seem to me that as far as the united States is collectively concerned about our communicability and mental processes

The N. Node is symbolically indicative for the reason of a need to become integrated, inter-dependent [in a time when it seems that the Gov't, itself, is trying hard to divide us even all the more so. Gun owners/first amendment advocates vs. anti-gun, Gov't mandated health care vs. anti-socialized medical care, anti Christian vs pro Christian national values and identity, pro Israel vs anti Israel ...and the list goes on and on..given through the Sabian Symbol for the 16th degree of Scorpio: [ibid.]

"A GIRL'S FACE BREAKING INTO A SMILE.

KEYNOTE: The fervent reaching out on the part of the young of heart to new experiences.

Faith in life and in other human beings enables us to go forth toward relationships with whatever attracts our senses or stirs our imagination. Smiling is perhaps a uniquely human characteristic because it implies a conscious acceptance of relationship, thus a choice. [Font face, bold type in Italics, are mine, added for emphasis. ptv] The animal, on the other hand, is compelled by unconscious instinct, at least in its natural state. It is not free to choose between love and hate.

This is the first symbol of the forty-sixth five-fold sequence. It introduces us to a series of responses to human experience and pictures a glowing WARMTH OF FEELING"

WOW...huh? Yeah, it's all about inter communicability... kinda like what Snowden has been giving as explanation for his actions. Certainly, "No man is an island", as someone once said... But, a Nation can be.... especially if the administration is causing it to become more ostracised and alienated from the rest of the world society.

Looking to the Part of Fortune for this event we find it to be in the 1st degree of Aries...symbolic of a 'New Life Form' ...a 'New Consciousness' arising, being the symbolic 'KEY' to producing the means become the most fortunate entity as to achieving, or producing the means to, overcoming the 'impasse'. That makes very good sense to me as since everyone seems alienated from what everyone else was 'tagged' as being.. it will take a fresh identity, in a manner of speaking, that everyone...or, at least, the important majority...can easily approach and come to an agreement upon.

Of great interest here also is that the Asc. for the event in Philly is the 18th degree of Leo. That is one of the four other points of a perfect pentagram arranged to the actual M.C. of the natal chart of the USA. [Said M.C. being @ 11* Capricorn 44' 18", the other points being at 29* Libra 44' 18", 23* Pisces 44' 18" and 05* Gemini 44' 18"... read the symbols for those degrees and see for yourselves what I'm talking about here.] I've written on this topic in a couple of other threads but I'll give a brief review and o understanding to those that may need it.

The five points of a perfect symmetrical pentagram have been long noted to be the outline of a perfect plot for any story [Marc Edmond Jones made a nice comfortable income selling movie scripts to Hollywood, beginning just a couple of years after Elsie Wheeler produced a set of the symbols per His request.] As it is the "HOW" of a natal chart interpreted in a spiritually evolutionary manner as a means to that intended, then the other four points of the ideal pentagram based on that sign and degree of ones M.C. is the symbolic synopsis of a "Life well lead in that endeavor." ...in fact, 'None Finer'..imho, of course.

...and all the more will it seem to be of "Great interest", as I didn't go overboard, imho, as to extolling this as such...because if you look at the event chart for the return to direct motion, r.e. 'the Trigger" event, cast for Philadelphia, you will see that the M.C. of the event chart for the Mercury Retrograde event [the 9th degree of Taurus] has become the Desc. of the event chart for the return of Mercury to Direct motion. ..and of course the 9th of Scorpio involved in going from being the I.C., of the former chart, to the Asc. of the latter event chart. The I8th degrees of Leo and Aquarius having been missed by a mere 59' 59" of a degree difference.

...to be cont. ...

Last edited:

piercethevale

I did forget to point out that in the event chart for the 'Impasse', that is, Mercury going retrograde at 23* :cancer: 06' 51" is conjunct he [zero hour] USA natal charts' Part of Damage aka Part of Misunderstanding and also the
USA antal charts' Part of Death [medieval]...and almost a Merc return to it's natal position @ 24* :cancer: 30' 36"

The transiting Sun was conj the USA natal jupiter

Transiting Mars was conj the USA natal part of Destiny by being within 1* of orb

Lilith was conj. the Part of Treachery

piercethevale

The final return was a couple of days ago, I apologize for being late with this.

The position of the North Node at the time gives the answer as to why Mercury had to go back and pick up the 'little something extra' so as to proceed.

That is the 13th deg. of Scorpio.
[ibid.]

"AN INVENTOR PERFORMS A LABORATORY EXPERIMENT"
...and Rudhyar's "Keyword{s}" in summation: "...the ABILITY TO RELATE SEEMINGLY UNRELATED FACTS".

`...UH HUH!

...yes, just take a look at the recent threads in the forum by rahu, Jupiterasc and a few by myself... in fact I posted one just moments ago in one of rahu's threads.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=491637#post491637

check out post #93

"The 40 outrageous facts most people don't know anything about."

Last edited:

piercethevale

And this, my Friends, has been another demonstration of how to read retrograde activity of the Planets...and a rather good one too:wink: