Putin: White hat or villain?

ElenaJ

Absolutely not. Putin's chart is rated Rodden DD. There is no birth time for him, so any suggestion that his Pluto conjuncts his MC is based upon speculation. (aka chart rectification)

Fair enough.

The Ukrainian republic birth time of 1991 is rated Rodden AA.

So we can confirm Ukraine does have a Pluto/MH conjunction.

Expansive, yes-- in the sense of territorial land grabs.

Putin's Jupiter opposes his Venus, which would put it on the Ukraine MH.
However, his pluto squares Jupiter, which could back up his "land grabs".

There is nothing "generous" about Putin's indiscriminate bombing of the Ukraine.

On the contrary, he seems quite OTT with the bombing!

Not impotent: clashing.

The two mars in harsh aspect is clashing, very, but when Neptune is entered into the equation it dilutes their strength. Especially when the signs involved are all mutable and not fixed.

ElenaJ

Just a note to be clear, I am not convinced that one side or the other is 100% at fault or 100% victim.
The bombings in Ukraine are horrendous, I think everyone would agree on this.
The thread was started to see if we can connect some dots and gain some additional insight into what is taking place.
Using astrology as a tool should give us an edge on this, no?

ElenaJ

Since we don't have confirmation of the birth time of Putin, it might be interesting to see charts of others born the same day and what they have accomplished as a profession.
Take it as an aside, or a game, it's just a curiosity.

So see how it works, I also entered my birth data, and that of my husband.

For myself, of 4 charts that came up, 2 are actors, one is a politician and one is a basketball player. Varied results. Two planets in Leo could account for the acting, I have absolutely nothing to do with sports. I am an administrator, so politician might fit.

My husband's data resulted in 3 charts.
Two politicians and a physics researcher. Not related to his actual work.

You can try out your own birth data, to see if any results match what you actually do in life.

So coming closer to our topic.

Putin's birth date brought 5 results. Four of these are actors, and one is a film director.
I found this very interesting!

Zelensky (He was an entertainer before he went into politics.) resulted in 4 charts. A swimmer, a cyclist, a skier.
And surprise, he was born on the same day as Princess Charlene of Monaco.

Not sure if this tells us anything useful, but I'll just throw it out there.

For my husband,

david starling

Just a note to be clear, I am not convinced that one side or the other is 100% at fault or 100% victim.
The bombings in Ukraine are horrendous, I think everyone would agree on this.
The thread was started to see if we can connect some dots and gain some additional insight into what is taking place.
Using astrology as a tool should give us an edge on this, no?

Putin INVADED a sovereign nation with NO PROVEN justification. He has, to put it mildly, "boundary issues" embedded in his psyche. Hard aspects to Saturn should show up in his chart. It would also affect his personal dealings.

ElenaJ

Putin INVADED a sovereign nation with NO PROVEN justification. He has, to put it mildly, "boundary issues" embedded in his psyche. Hard aspects to Saturn should show up in his chart. It would also affect his personal dealings.

David, can you show in his chart where the roots of his actions lie?

ElenaJ

Let's see if we can learn something from Putin's chart with Zelensky's chart.

Zelensky was an entertainer before he entered politics. He has both mars and moon in leo.
What is surprising in his chart is a mercury/pluto square.
Sun/venus opposing mars.
Moon square Uranus.
He's a lot tougher than he might come across.
It might be Jupiter on ascendent that makes him "jolly" in appearance? In fact, he was a comedian, and a very successful one at that.

If we look at the synastry, there is a moon/south node contact in Leo, the "leader", involving Zelensky's moon,.
There is a surprising sun/pluto conjunction, surprising in that it is Zelensky's pluto on Putin's sun, when we could have expected the opposite, given the situation.
Mars opposing Jupiter, sun square mercury, mars sextile moon, Venus trine moon.

It's the composite that shows us a different picture of how it works out.
The Uranus/pluto/saturn conjunction is lethal.
Moon square mars sets off sparks.
Jupiter opposing sun near the Nodes.
Venus exactly square Saturn.
Mars is exactly in the degree of the Nodes.
Neptune conjunct midheaven.

These two men are working out something left over from the past!
And neither will easily give way.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 10.52.21.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 10.52.21.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.03.57.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.03.57.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 27

david starling

David, can you show in his chart where the roots of his actions lie?

He's identified himself with Saturn, completely hemmed in, surrounded in the stellium in Libra, squaring his most feared adversary, his father--whom he's wronged somehow if it follows the myth.

Putin is striking out at the world, in a constant state of turmoil which he hides behind an expressionless face.

ElenaJ

Zelensky won the Ukraine elections in April of 2019.
Let's have a look at his chart with that of the Ukraine.

It isn't at all what I expected...

In the synastry Ukraine's Saturn is sitting on Zelensky's Venus/sun conjunction opposing his mars. Stifling push and pull.
His Saturn is on the country's mercury/venus/jupiter conjunction.
Uranus conjunct pluto.
Mars on Chiron.
The moons in exact opposition.

The composite shows moon near south node (similar to the Putin/Zelensky chart), opposing Saturn/venus/sun.
Mars squares the Nodes.
Neptune on Midheaven (it isn't what it appears to be!). It exactly squares POF on the Ascendent.

Notice the transits: Uranus near moon, the Nodes in opposition to each other, pluto opposing Jupiter, Saturn opposing mars.

The outer planets seem to be very much active in all these charts, especially pluto and Jupiter.

Judging from these two charts he doesn't look like a very good match for the country.
Which is in fact contrary to the impression that comes across (Neptune square ascendent ).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 16.54.55.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 16.54.55.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 16.59.49.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 16.59.49.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 25

waybread

Elena, you know the saying,

"Some people are born great, some people achieve greatness, and some people have greatness thrust upon them."

Volodymyr Zelinskyy seems to be the latter.

Natally he has some interesting retrogrades: Mars, for one.

I don't think he is an inherently violent or aggressive person. But as an actor (moon in Leo) he played the part of the Ukrainian president. It's a role he can play, much the way any revered figurehead does: by embodying the leader people want to see.

ElenaJ

Elena, you know the saying,

"Some people are born great, some people achieve greatness, and some people have greatness thrust upon them."

Volodymyr Zelinskyy seems to be the latter.

Natally he has some interesting retrogrades: Mars, for one.

I don't think he is an inherently violent or aggressive person. But as an actor (moon in Leo) he played the part of the Ukrainian president. It's a role he can play, much the way any revered figurehead does: by embodying the leader people want to see.

Yes, I don't think he is a negative person, but he just isn't a good match for the country.
This may be reflected in the request to enter NATO, contrary to the Minsk agreement that formed the Ukraine and Russian Federation.
Which was the so-called straw that broke the camel's back and made Putin move.

Moon just changed today, hopefully we will see a change in the situation.

ElenaJ

Further on asteroids.

Sirene (1009)
A beautiful sirene who leads sailors to their death by using their enchanting music and singing voices.
Manipulating someone in a way fullfilling their fantansies and then boom, it collapses.
Leading men to their Doom.

Zelensky has Sirene at 9 Capricorn.
Ukraine ascendent is 8 Capricorn.

waybread

Putin had no reason whatsoever to invade Ukraine other than greed for more land. His invasion has rightly been called "a war of choice."

Elena, why on earth are you sticking up for a war criminal like Vladimir Putin? His troops are bombing Ukrainian babies in maternity hospitals and churches. He said today that "the war was going according to plan."

No, this isn't fake news. The bombing can be seen on current satellite images.

Nobody in Crimea, Donetsk, or Luhansk would have started breakaway wars in 2014 if Russian militias hadn't moved in on flimsy pretexts: a Putin specialty.

Putin thumbed his nose at Minsk-2, totally ignoring that Russian troops instigated the "separatist" conflicts and remained in place in unmarked uniforms. Everybody knows that Donetsk and Luhansk as "independent" territories are a total joke. They are intended as vassal states to the Kremlin.

The founding chart of Ukraine is here:
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Nation:_Ukraine Rodden AA

The birth chart of Volodymyr Zelensky is here Rodden A:
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Zelenskyy,_Volodymyr

The sun of Ukraine and sun-Venus of Zelensky are in a tri-septile relationship.
Ukraine's moon at 22 degrees Aquarius suggest a liberty-loving quality. It closely trines Zelensky's Gemini ascendant and if 5 degrees from trining Zelensky's first house Jupiter. Zelensky's moon at 17 degrees Leo broadly conjuncts Ukraine's Jupiter-Mercury. Also the sun if we allow a 12-degree orb and an out-of sign conjunction: Since they're part of a bigger stellium I'm inclined to count them.

Ukraine's ascendant at 16 Capricorn closely trine's Zelinsky's Mercury and sextiles his Uranus.

I'd say that Zelensky is a good fit with Ukraine.

Yes, I don't think he is a negative person, but he just isn't a good match for the country.
This may be reflected in the request to enter NATO, contrary to the Minsk agreement that formed the Ukraine and Russian Federation.
Which was the so-called straw that broke the camel's back and made Putin move.

Moon just changed today, hopefully we will see a change in the situation.

waybread

Zelensky's Uranus-- the freedom-loving planet-- conjuncts Ukraine's MC and Pluto in Scorpio. I'd say that's a pretty good match.

We can play games with asteroids for hours. I'm sure I could find some choice ones for Vladimir Putin.

At the end of the day, Putin lied to the world and lied to his Russian people about his land-grabbing intentions in Ukraine. Neo-Nazis in Ukraine? No more than in other countries that allow some freedom of expression-- like the United States. And Germany today. That's not an excuse to bomb Ukrainian people's apartments and schools. Notably when the head of state is a Jewish man who lost family in the Holocaust.

Putin's white hat is soaked in blood.