Which struggle harder Quincunx or Bisextile?

Darth MI

In modern astrology quincunx is seen just as hard a negative aspect, if not harder, than opposition. Bisextile is seen as a minor positive aspect. To add, quincunx and inconjunction are used synonymous in the modern system. Bisextile signs are seen as positive because they represent stages the sign is transitioning to or from and they are expected to help said signs cope with its current problem. Quincunx signs are seen as hard aspect because the signs have nothing in common unlike opposition which share the same gender, mode, and are in complementary elements.

However traditional astrology believes signs that quincunx and bisextile are both AVERSE-in otherwords they are inconjuction. Despite modern astrology saying bisextile signs are positive inflence, traditional states the signs have nothing in common and the same apply to quincunx signs.

So which would "struggle harder". I already know technically inconjuction means they just don't see each other PERIOD. But I am curious which brings harder problems in the traditional systems. Because modern emphasize Bisextile as minor positive and Quincunx as very negative.

Krewster

Your post's title suggests focus on the 30 and 150 aspects themselves while the content focuses more on the nature of, or supposed relationship between, the signs lying that far apart.

Since reliance on sign-based analogies is not helpful for understanding other minor aspect families (e.g., those bearing a 5, 7, 8, 9 or 10 denominator) such reliance for understanding the 30 and 150 could also be misplaced.

Just to say it is overwhelmingly clear (so far in my review of familiars’ charts) that the semi-sextile is positive in nature (keep the orb within one degree or a bit more) and that you may derive more satisfaction from conducting your own similar review than from seeking to reconcile apparent contradictions sourced from reliance on sign-based analogies.

Last edited:

Humanitarian

In modern astrology quincunx is seen just as hard a negative aspect, if not harder, than opposition. Bisextile is seen as a minor positive aspect. To add, quincunx and inconjunction are used synonymous in the modern system. Bisextile signs are seen as positive because they represent stages the sign is transitioning to or from and they are expected to help said signs cope with its current problem. Quincunx signs are seen as hard aspect because the signs have nothing in common unlike opposition which share the same gender, mode, and are in complementary elements.

However traditional astrology believes signs that quincunx and bisextile are both AVERSE-in otherwords they are inconjuction. Despite modern astrology saying bisextile signs are positive inflence, traditional states the signs have nothing in common and the same apply to quincunx signs.

So which would "struggle harder". I already know technically inconjuction means they just don't see each other PERIOD. But I am curious which brings harder problems in the traditional systems. Because modern emphasize Bisextile as minor positive and Quincunx as very negative.
It's not bisextile, but rather semisextile

Humanitarian

Quincunx struggles harder than semisextile, because quincunxed planets are not easy to connect, and the ease for connection is even harder than semisextile, because in the traditional method, aversion from 1H to 2H and 12H (Neighbor houses) is easier than 1H to 6H and 8H (Neighbor houses of the opposite sign), and from 1H to 2H is the best in terms of aversion, so semisextile is better than quincunx in traditional method

IleneK

Premium Member
In traditional astrology they are both the same. The planets are disjunct meaning that do not see each other when they are one sign or five signs apart. Since connection by conjunction or Ptolemaic aspects are a primary means by which planets connect, have relationship with one another, the modern bi-sextile and the inconjunct/quincunx are both equally unfavorable implying no aspect between the bodies.

Lin

The semi sextile is nothing like an inconjunct.

The semi sextile implies two energies which are dissimilar and unless each has another planet aspecting it favorably, it can be annoying and like a twinge in your back or side ...both energies can't be satisfied at the same time. The two energies involved have their own need of expression and there's a sense of incompleteness about the areas involved. But the semi sextile doesn't prevent one from living out a good life and utilizing all the other aspects in the chart.

The inconjunct.....represents two energies which can't see, know or acknowledge each other. And so they fight blindly to work each side out but the other side keeps looming.....demanding expression...but they cannot do anything together....because of the Neptunian quality to the aspect, they just CAN'T work together.

So they need to be utilized and expressed thru other aspects in the chart....or barring other positive aspects, thru transits that come along...and do....throughout one's life. It's almost impossible to SEE and understand this aspect occurring in your life. THAT is the Neptunian part. The aspect uses you but you can't use IT.
Not directly ....
The worst is a heavy planet inconjunct a personal planet.

When one says, "why do I do that" ...or "what makes me feel this way" or "why can't I use my natural energies to further my goals" ....or any question like that, and you have an inconjunct, that may be the closest you can come to being aware of these two energies which have power you can't control.

And if the Moon is involved, it can be very dangerous and destructive...because you may be repeating the same bad patterns over and over again ...indefinitely...absolutely NOT having a CLUE as to why. Your feelings may NEVER feel "settled."

No....there is no comparison of the negative dynamics of the inconjunct with the semi-sextile.

Lin

Humanitarian

The semi sextile is nothing like an inconjunct.

The semi sextile implies two energies which are dissimilar and unless each has another planet aspecting it favorably, it can be annoying and like a twinge in your back or side ...both energies can't be satisfied at the same time. The two energies involved have their own need of expression and there's a sense of incompleteness about the areas involved. But the semi sextile doesn't prevent one from living out a good life and utilizing all the other aspects in the chart.

The inconjunct.....represents two energies which can't see, know or acknowledge each other. And so they fight blindly to work each side out but the other side keeps looming.....demanding expression...but they cannot do anything together....because of the Neptunian quality to the aspect, they just CAN'T work together.

So they need to be utilized and expressed thru other aspects in the chart....or barring other positive aspects, thru transits that come along...and do....throughout one's life. It's almost impossible to SEE and understand this aspect occurring in your life. THAT is the Neptunian part. The aspect uses you but you can't use IT.
Not directly ....
The worst is a heavy planet inconjunct a personal planet.

When one says, "why do I do that" ...or "what makes me feel this way" or "why can't I use my natural energies to further my goals" ....or any question like that, and you have an inconjunct, that may be the closest you can come to being aware of these two energies which have power you can't control.

And if the Moon is involved, it can be very dangerous and destructive...because you may be repeating the same bad patterns over and over again ...indefinitely...absolutely NOT having a CLUE as to why. Your feelings may NEVER feel "settled."

No....there is no comparison of the negative dynamics of the inconjunct with the semi-sextile.

Lin
I have Moon inconjunct Uranus, and I'm very concerned about this, because my emotions has been in a rollercoaster from 2019 till now and now my emotions are still like that...

Lin

Without seeing your chart I couldn't begin to interpret this aspect for you.....aside from the obvious....Uranus the planet of the unexpected, inconsistent, unique, uncontrollable, unpredictable, ... tormenting your moon...passive, sensitive, vulnerable, needing consistency to feel safe....so...very volatile at times, possible anxious and even depressive if connected to Neptune. But...uncomfortable in many situations where there is no sense of security or calm to balance the energy of Uranus.

But that is just guessing without seeing the chart.
Lin

Humanitarian

Without seeing your chart I couldn't begin to interpret this aspect for you.....aside from the obvious....Uranus the planet of the unexpected, inconsistent, unique, uncontrollable, unpredictable, ... tormenting your moon...passive, sensitive, vulnerable, needing consistency to feel safe....so...very volatile at times, possible anxious and even depressive if connected to Neptune. But...uncomfortable in many situations where there is no sense of security or calm to balance the energy of Uranus.

But that is just guessing without seeing the chart.
Lin
20230921124316.png

This is my chart, to Lin