Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Recommendations

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.

Unread 09-01-2019, 11:42 AM

New to Asrology Any Solar Fire users?

New to Astrology and the Solar Fire Program and was wondering how I can cast a general type reading for a group of people say like for Cancer or taurus

[Merged two threads asking the same question. - Moderator]

Last edited by Osamenor; 09-10-2019 at 02:27 AM.
Unread 09-09-2019, 09:01 PM

How to Cast a Chart For Sign of Cancer

Trying to figure out how people cast a chart for a particular sign say Cancer like you see in the Newspappers?
Unread 09-09-2019, 10:26 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: How to Cast a Chart For Sign of Cancer

There's no such thing as casting a chart for a sign. Newspaper horoscope writers don't cast charts at all. Most of them aren't even astrologers. When a horoscope column is written by an astrologer, the only actual astrology they do, if any, is treat each sun sign as if it were the first house of the chart, and make a sweeping generalization based on that. For example, "Mercury and Venus are doing the tango in your hormone house" means Mercury and Venus are in the eighth sign from the one the horoscope is for (the eighth house is associated with sexuality).

But every house has a wide range of meanings, and only about one out of every twelve people have their sun sign as their first sign. For most people, the actual houses of their chart are different from the ones the horoscope writer assumes. Even for people who do have the sun sign as their first sign, the way the horoscope writer interprets the houses won't necessarily apply. So, newspaper horoscopes really aren't valid.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 09-10-2019, 12:04 AM

Re: How to Cast a Chart For Sign of Cancer

Thank you for the insight.

Tags
asrology, cancer, cast, chart, fire, sign, solar, users