Saturn return for natal Saturn retrograde??

My Saturn return is coming up in a couple years... But what is going to happen since I was born with Saturn retrograde (Capricorn in the 1st house)?? Does this mean there is going to be structure and authority for a while as opposed to my ridiculous no-rules lifestyle?

AppLeo

My Saturn return is coming up in a couple years... But what is going to happen since I was born with Saturn retrograde (Capricorn in the 1st house)?? Does this mean there is going to be structure and authority for a while as opposed to my ridiculous no-rules lifestyle?

I'm not sure... All I know is that Saturn Returns are just a bunch of pain, chaos, and misery so that you can get your life together. I think that's why when people turn 30, they finally understand life enough to know that they don't actually know what life is. It makes you a stronger person. :tongue:

Julia Karmic Astrology

The major age related transits by the outer planets are important human stopping places or milestones in our development. These important milestones are: Nodal Return, Jupiter Return, Saturn Return, Uranus Opposition and Uranus Return.

These transits present us with challenges and opportunities, activate relevant chakras, and infuse us with planetary energy for the opportunity to grow, learn and mature.

A natal Saturn retrograde may indicate a more unconscious or subtle presentation of issues.
It is less important than a transiting planet retrograde.

A Saturn Return can be a time of structuring and restructuring, lessons, restrictions, responsibilities, etc. But it is much more than that. A Saturn Return is the transition from late adolescence into adulthood. It is a time of major life assessment. Planetary energy is being sent to help answering major life questions: What is my life plan? What must be done in order to grow, to move forward?

Saturn is a most important teacher and mentor. He is a way shower and points the way forward. He is a hard task master, but will give us his gifts of discipline, strength, wisdom and direction.

The Cap Saturn Return in first house is going to help you with self discipline and long term strategies for success.

Julia

InGemUlist

That's a really nice interpretation, Julia. Very apt. I'm still wondering how our young friend is pulling-off her "no rules" lifestyle. (I'm very jealous.) Actually, she's making her own rules. It's the only way. Definitely not worried for her.

InGemUlist

Planning ahead. I like that! Very Virgo. Maybe you're going through it now?

Anyway, I have a natal retrograde Saturn in Capricorn 29 degrees in the 7th house. The retrograde is supposed to "soften" it. It's also supposed to internalize it more than if it were direct.

My return, however, was a humdinger. (Mind-blower. Life changer, etc.) But my life changed for the better. I have a feeling yours will as well. You wrote that you have a "no rules" life, but I think you really mean you don't live by rules other than your own (1st house). And that's great! It's the only way for some people -- like me, as well.

You'll be put in a position (via job, relationship, some external influence) where you'll have to use some kind of "disciplined" strategy to maneuver/manipulate to your advantage. Saturn really does bring change. But it doesn't have to be bad change at all. The one thing I've always known: doing things that are challenging to yourself (even if they're things others do with ease), and succeeding (to what ever degree, mediocre to great) is worth so much more than doing things that come easily. And that's coming from a lazy dude, too.

Good luck & have fun!