Pluto transiting Ascendant! OMG when will it stop!!

ellie

HI there folks,

Before I start, birth info is 4 April, 18:33, Wetteren Belgium. I will attach a chart progressed to this current year and age (34) and also my natal chart.
I am Virgo Asc, Aries Sun, Aries Moon.

When will the influence of this planet be less felt?
I can't believe I'm actually saying this but it really has had a tremendous influence on my physical health and appearance! (as well as mental and emotional) and not in a positive way. In less than 7 years I have gone from reasonably attractive to very much below average, I look sickly, pallid and in poor health, no matter what I try to do to balance this 'health wise', it does not work.
Some insight would be great, I just want to get back to how I looked and felt before getting 'sick'. I look like 2 completely different people... how is this even possible!!?? .. to actually change that much? Even my hair and eye colour have completely changed in just a few years! I used to be light brown and it changed to almost black, same as eyes.
I want to get back to where I was, will that be possible? When will Pluto be finished with my ASC? will it improve after it passes? I just don't want to look sick anymore... every time I see my family they are always looking at me and asking if I am ok, and when I say yes it's like 'are you sure'?..
I have tried to just get on with life without thinking about it or letting it get to me but it's very hard when I see someone who knows me that hasn't seen me for a long time, they kind of jump back in surprise and don't have much to say after that. I am not always concerned about it (and honestly, I try not to be) but deep deep down it does get to me. It does upset me.
No one can believe it is actually me, even face shape is different to what it was, its so odd.
Photos are the worst, I just don't look right, something looks wrong?
I am not overweight either, I am generally quite slim so I have not been able to put it down to being heavier coz i'm not. The skin itself is still in great condition for my age so not aging factors, it's the shape, the eyes, everything has just..changed. dark.. dull ... cold, sickly looking.
And fluid in face.
There has been health issues with hormones also, strong male facial hair, low estrogen, excess androgens (male hormones) Pluto? or something else?
I also know my Venus is badly aspected ??
PCOS has also been hinted at?

again.. will all this pass?? :sad:

Attachments

• Natal_leen.jpg
    Natal_leen.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 54
  • progressed_thirty_four.jpg
    progressed_thirty_four.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 38

ellie

the progressed chart (to this year, age 34) shows that Pluto is YET to conjunct the ASC and will do so in 2 years. I have heard that it will have its greatest influence when it is less than a 2 degree orb of the ASC? Will it still have the same effect once it enters the 12 house is my question?
Judging by the progressed chart though, I would say Jupiter is not quite in Virgo as yet but I could be wrong since this would be a chart progressed to earlier this year? Unless I am out by one year? I progressed the chart 34 days, each day for one year?
In a progressed chart do we still count natal Virgo as the ascendant or do we use the progressed ASC for delineation?
??
So has Jupiter in fact already entered Virgo? If so could you give me some dates of when it entered, then I can adjust the progression.

That would make sense why the natures of Virgo have started to expand considerably in my life at present.

Osamenor

Staff member
the progressed chart (to this year, age 34) shows that Pluto is YET to conjunct the ASC and will do so in 2 years. I have heard that it will have its greatest influence when it is less than a 2 degree orb of the ASC? Will it still have the same effect once it enters the 12 house is my question?

You're reading the chart backwards, and you're confusing progressions with transits. Pluto has never been conjunct your ASC in your life and never will be in your lifetime, not in transits, and not in progressions either.

Your natal chart--the first chart you posted, with the April 4th birthday--is a snapshot of the sky at the moment you were born, and the most important one. Every other kind of chart is simply a layer on top of the natal chart.

Transits are snapshots of the current sky, or of the sky on any other date you choose. If you looked at today's transits and layered them over your natal chart, you would see where everything is now and what aspects or conjunctions the transiting planets might be making to your natal chart.

Progressions are something entirely different. There are multiple ways to do progressions, but the progressed chart you drew appears to be secondary progressions (the kind most commonly used). To make secondary progressions, we substitute a day for a year. A snapshot of the sky 24 hours after you were born equals your progressed birth chart on your first birthday. When you're 34 years old, your progressed chart equals a snapshot of the sky when you were 34 days old.

Pluto was retrograde when you were born. For that reason, it moved backwards from its natal position in your progressed chart. However, it moved back by less than one degree. That's because Pluto moves very, very slowly. In general, it moves forward, though. Pluto turned direct--that is, moving forward--when you were almost three months old. In the last 34 years, Pluto has transited from late Libra to the middle of Capricorn, where it is now. If you're still alive in 2068, you'll see Pluto reach the cusp of Aries, but it definitely will not transit past Aries in your lifetime. There's no way it's getting anywhere near your ascendant.

The reason why Pluto appears to be approaching your ascendant in your progressed chart is because your ascendant is also progressed, although the method of progressing ascendants is a little different from planets. The progressed ascendant simply moves forward one degree every year. Your progressed ascendant is now 34 degrees from your natal one. Since Pluto will remain retrograde by progression most or all of your life (your progressed Pluto will turn direct when you're in your late eighties, if you live that long), but moving slowly--just a few degrees back in Libra--not even your progressed Pluto will ever reach your natal ascendant. Your progressed ascendant will catch up to and pass progressed Pluto, but that's nothing like a Pluto transit to your natal ascendant.

ellie

To clear up the confusion Ellie, your progressed ascendant is going to come to a conjunction with your progressed retrograde Pluto in about 20 months. You are already feeling the effects going by your description. In my experience, the progressed ascendant is a very sensitive point and I can feel a progression into the next sign from around 6 degrees from the exact zero degree changeover. Your Pluto is retrograde (meaning the planets energy is internalised), and being a progression is felt internally as opposed to a transit which comes from "out there" or someone/something else.
Pluto is asking you to formulate some changes to your self expression in some form, most likely pertaining to a Libran theme, which would point to relating/relationships.
You also have transiting Uranus hovering around your natal sun/moon/venus/mars stellium, which means that you need to look at your use of natal Uranus in Scorpio energy.
Your progressed sun (one's present self identity) is conjunct Chiron too, in one of the 2 signs of beauty Taurus, chiron points to where we are wounded, it's current position fits like a glove with your current aging appearance wound.
How long is it since you got a general checkover at the doctors? It would be good to get checked over to settle your over active mind (progressed mercury in Gemini), along with your worry wart Virgo rising placement.
Transit Pluto is presently covering your 4th house, (roots/homelife etc.), is there pressure coming from either the 4th or 10th house areas?

omg thank you sooooo much!! That clears up a lot. I saw a psychologist today who pretty much confirmed that it is highly likely I have some level of Autism Spectrum Disorder which really fits esp with some of the placements in the natal, however they have become far more evident and obvious in the last 8 years and my relationship was the trigger for that.
You are also spot on about Pluto calling for me to formulate some changes in self expression. I am not gel-ing with many people at this present time (due to intensity) but my relationship with my partner is better than ever, we are working through a lot of 'hidden' things that are now being brought to the surface and working through them very well together for the first time in like FOREVER!! and I am soooooo happy about that!!
It's building some very solid foundations for our new start interstate as we will be moving at the end of this month. We really do have a new found understanding of each other and it feels amazing.
Most of my health concerns are related to the gut (Virgo) with problems with autoimmune and the rest is hormones. I have many many problems with too much androgen activity for a woman, prone to acne and hormonal problems, PCOS has also been noted by a few professionals but not confirmed.
It's funny because my big acne break out was in 2005 when the other poster said Pluto squared the natal asc.. very interesting.
So how long will it take for the Chiron/Sun effect to recede somewhat?

Transit Pluto is presently covering your 4th house, (roots/homelife etc.), is there pressure coming from either the 4th or 10th house areas?

OMG YES!!! home life and career are major strains atm, we currently do not have a home as we have been traveling Australia for almost 2 years and we have had enough!! we are ready to find a house again!
Also my partner has had a lot of trouble finding suitable steady work. He has a few mild disabilities (nuero). We have 3 children, one on the way.
We are fighters but have had considerable hardship in just the short months past. We lost our caravan and have been plagued with some minor motor vehicle accidents (all present in my partners progressed natal) but they have been enough to deplete a considerable amount of our resources. We've just had a lot of bad luck lately, but on the upside, a lot of GOOD things are coming out of that so I'm not seeing them so negatively anymore. :biggrin:

so when Pluto enters the 12th house in the 'progressed' chart or in the secondary positions chart <---- hope I have that right... lol
will the influence of it be felt a lot less or will it need to move away from the asc and few more orbs?

ellie

You're reading the chart backwards, and you're confusing progressions with transits. Pluto has never been conjunct your ASC in your life and never will be in your lifetime, not in transits, and not in progressions either.

Your natal chart--the first chart you posted, with the April 4th birthday--is a snapshot of the sky at the moment you were born, and the most important one. Every other kind of chart is simply a layer on top of the natal chart.

Transits are snapshots of the current sky, or of the sky on any other date you choose. If you looked at today's transits and layered them over your natal chart, you would see where everything is now and what aspects or conjunctions the transiting planets might be making to your natal chart.

Progressions are something entirely different. There are multiple ways to do progressions, but the progressed chart you drew appears to be secondary progressions (the kind most commonly used). To make secondary progressions, we substitute a day for a year. A snapshot of the sky 24 hours after you were born equals your progressed birth chart on your first birthday. When you're 34 years old, your progressed chart equals a snapshot of the sky when you were 34 days old.

Pluto was retrograde when you were born. For that reason, it moved backwards from its natal position in your progressed chart. However, it moved back by less than one degree. That's because Pluto moves very, very slowly. In general, it moves forward, though. Pluto turned direct--that is, moving forward--when you were almost three months old. In the last 34 years, Pluto has transited from late Libra to the middle of Capricorn, where it is now. If you're still alive in 2068, you'll see Pluto reach the cusp of Aries, but it definitely will not transit past Aries in your lifetime. There's no way it's getting anywhere near your ascendant.

The reason why Pluto appears to be approaching your ascendant in your progressed chart is because your ascendant is also progressed, although the method of progressing ascendants is a little different from planets. The progressed ascendant simply moves forward one degree every year. Your progressed ascendant is now 34 degrees from your natal one. Since Pluto will remain retrograde by progression most or all of your life (your progressed Pluto will turn direct when you're in your late eighties, if you live that long), but moving slowly--just a few degrees back in Libra--not even your progressed Pluto will ever reach your natal ascendant. Your progressed ascendant will catch up to and pass progressed Pluto, but that's nothing like a Pluto transit to your natal ascendant.

hi thank you for your reply, I am finding it really hard to make sense of all the info you gave me, it is just too much too fast to be honest.
I did ask a simple question in my earlier post though;

In a progressed chart do we still count natal Virgo as the ascendant or do we use the progressed ASC for delineation?

you failed to answer that one question and went on to tell me something I ALREADY know that pluto will never be conj my NATAL ASC.

ellie

sorry I should have said 'progressed asc'.

I do realize they are different, asc and progressed asc, just not too sure of the role of the progressed asc vs asc when looking at the progressed chart but your explanation has made somewhat of a difference. Thank you
I hope that makes sense? :whistling:

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
hi thank you for your reply, I am finding it really hard to make sense of all the info you gave me, it is just too much too fast to be honest.
I did ask a simple question in my earlier post though;

you failed to answer that one question and went on to tell me something I ALREADY know that pluto will never be conj my NATAL ASC.

As of the time I responded, you were saying Pluto was approaching your ASC. You did not specify progressed. The way you were describing the whole thing, it sounded like you were freaking out about Pluto transiting your NATAL asc.

I was, and still am, unable to read most of your posts. I'm completely and totally unable to read electronic text if it's in a block any longer than 5 or 6 lines. Most of what you've written is in much longer blocks of texts than that. To be able to answer your question, I have to be able to read it. That question was part of what I couldn't read. If you broke your posts into paragraphs of no more than 5 or 6 lines--that's about 4 or 5 sentences--and put spaces between your paragraphs, then I could read your posts, and then I'd know what you're asking.

ellie

As of the time I responded, you were saying Pluto was approaching your ASC. You did not specify progressed. The way you were describing the whole thing, it sounded like you were freaking out about Pluto transiting your NATAL asc.

I was, and still am, unable to read most of your posts. I'm completely and totally unable to read electronic text if it's in a block any longer than 5 or 6 lines. Most of what you've written is in much longer blocks of texts than that. To be able to answer your question, I have to be able to read it. That question was part of what I couldn't read. If you broke your posts into paragraphs of no more than 5 or 6 lines--that's about 4 or 5 sentences--and put spaces between your paragraphs, then I could read your posts, and then I'd know what you're asking.

Well i do apologise for not using the specific term progressed asc, i should have been precise as astrology is a precise discipline. So for that i take full responsibility.
I am still a newbie as my junior status would suggest so sometimes overly descriptive replies can be very confusing for me.
But I do thank you for taking the time to reply.