Planets and celestial objects in astrology

CapAquaPis

So far, I learned about the influences and aspects of planets and celestial objects in astrology, in particular western or tropical. Not only the planets, you have some significant asteroids play a role in influencing natal charts and horoscopes. Knowing there are 12 signs of the zodiac, I came to think each one has a ruler, co-ruler or some major influential other.

PLANETS: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. I feel Eris and Ceres are large and powerful enough. In astrology, the True Node is used, and the North and South nodes.

ASTEROIDS and CELESTIAL OBJECTS: Chiron, Juno, Pallas, Vesta, Nessus, Eros, Psych, Lilith, Cruithne, Orcus, Ixion, Quaoar, Hygeia, Hebe, Huya, Haumea, Makemake, Sedna, Salacia, Varuna, Pholus, Charon and Dysnomia. Astronomers claimed to found 2 more dwarf planets, planned to name them Xena or Ether, then astrologers would follow suit to examine them and their powers.

This comes off at 36, unless you consider Charon (Pluto's moon) and Dysnomia (Eris' moon) among them. The ascendant or "rising" point can be ruled by a sign or planet (or the descendant), but not sure if this is correct to consider it. If there are 13 (the addition of Ophiuchus/Serpens) or 14 signs (either Orion or Cetus straddles the ecliptic), would there be a need for more planetary rulers. I preferably go by 12 signs and 12 "planets", which deviates from the mainstream beliefs of astrology. I'm certain there are 12-24 "parazoadiac" constellations, whenever planets "connect" with fixed stars not along the ecliptic.

I have to theorize each one sign has 3 "ruler" planets/celestial objects, but it can be shared by 2 signs. For example, Saturn rules Capricorn and co-rules Aquarius, and Uranus rules Aquarius and co-rules Capricorn. Or it may influence another sign in some way, make that 3. I feel Saturn can affect Virgo and Uranus does on Leo. The Sun rules Cancer, co-rules Leo and may effect Aquarius as another example. I knew there are detriments, falls, weaks, joys, exaltation and peregrine planets for each sign. All our solar system's planets and celestial bodies influence all 12 signs in some way.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

My own planetary rulerships for each sign of the zodiac, incomplete and some theoretical.

ARIES: Mars, Pluto, Rising point, Jupiter, Sun, Uranus.
TAURUS: Venus, Eris, Chiron, Juno, Saturn, Mercury.
GEMINI: Mercury, Eris, North node, Pluto, Uranus, Venus.
CANCER: Moon, Sun, Venus, Neptune, Haumea, Ceres.
LEO: Sun, Moon, Uranus, Pluto, Mars, Mercury.
VIRGO: Mercury, Ceres, True Node, Pallas, Saturn, Jupiter.
LIBRA: Venus, Ceres, Pallas, Jupiter, True Node, Saturn.
SCORPIO: Pluto, Mars, Lilith, Vesta, Cruithne, Uranus.
SAGITTARIUS: Jupiter, Neptune, South node, Venus, Charon, Chiron.
CAPRICORN: Saturn, Uranus, Moon, Mercury, Mars, Pluto.
AQUARIUS: Uranus, Saturn, Sun, Neptune, Haumea, Eris.
PISCES: Neptune, Jupiter, True Node, Mercury, Mars, Sedna.

The parts of fortune, the vertex and hypothetical planets in some schools of astrology are up for debate.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Uranus is too neutral of a planet to have fun in Leo. I think of it as a Mercury that went through life and became an adult. So I stick to cerebral, "matured" signs when fitting Uranus.

I agree with Neptune-Sag and the rest is agreeable to an extent!

CapAquaPis

There are more planetary influences than what I covered: If Uranus hasn't an effect on Leo, then I suppose it doesn't. You can find more information regarding planetary influences online, like Wikipedia's articles. Haumea is an oval-shaped, not spherical dwarf planet that represents Aquarius' odd, eccentric nature, like Uranus rotates on a 98 degree axis sideways. Leos are notably dramatic, so if it's not Uranus, then what planet would do that?

JUPITERASC

There are more planetary influences than what I covered: If Uranus hasn't an effect on Leo, then I suppose it doesn't. You can find more information regarding planetary influences online, like Wikipedia's articles. Haumea is an oval-shaped, not spherical dwarf planet that represents Aquarius' odd, eccentric nature, like Uranus rotates on a 98 degree axis sideways. Leos are notably dramatic,

so if it's not Uranus, then what planet would do that?
Mercury :smile:

"Mercury’s nature is to contest and to destabilize" Robert Schmidt Project Hindsight
http://www.projecthindsight.com/

CapAquaPis

In this forum, a thread discussed the importance of having non-ecliptical objects like the Galactic Center of our Milky Way "rule" over a sign. The Galactic center currently between Scorpio and Sagittarius is said to made Aries and Taurus stubborn, and the center "travels" in some 25-26,000 year orbit. It doesn't revolve around the sun, but it's the other way around: the "new age" of Aquarius on Dec 21, 2012 is when the sun exactly crosses or conjuncts the Galactic Center. The sun rules Leo, a fixed sign like Taurus and Scorpio, and a fire sign like Aries and Sagittarius.

muchacho

My own planetary rulerships for each sign of the zodiac, incomplete and some theoretical.

ARIES: Mars, Pluto, Rising point, Jupiter.
TAURUS: Venus, Eris, Chiron, Juno, Saturn.
GEMINI: Mercury, Eris, North node, Pluto, Uranus.
CANCER: Moon, Sun, Venus, Neptune.
LEO: Sun, Moon, Uranus, Pluto.
VIRGO: Mercury, Ceres, True Node, Pallas, Saturn.
LIBRA: Venus, Ceres, Pallas, Jupiter, True Node.
SCORPIO: Pluto, Mars, Lilith, Vesta, Uranus.
SAGITTARIUS: Jupiter, Neptune, South node, Venus, Charon.
CAPRICORN: Saturn, Uranus, Moon, Mercury, Mars.
AQUARIUS: Uranus, Saturn, Sun, Neptune, Haumea.
PISCES: Neptune, Jupiter, True Node, Mercury.

The parts of fortune, the vertex and hypothetical planets in some schools of astrology are up for debate.
Interesting table, Cap!

Maybe you could try allocating planets and asteroids according to modes and elements. That would make some sense. It would upset the traditional rulership applecart though, hehe.

Last edited:

cspencer

Banned
PLANETS: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. I feel Eris and Ceres are large and powerful enough.

That defies science.

Astrology is predicated on the Stars throwing or casting rays.

It took modern science 1,900 years to confirm that, and another 50 years to document it.

It's an established fact that the rays cast or thrown by the Stars are electromagnetic radiation.

It's also an established fact that only the electromagnetic radiation of Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn interfere on Earth.

It has also been established that the human brain generates electromagnetic radiation. A peer-reviewed science article published in Science demonstrates that, as do several hundred research papers.

Eris and Ceres do not generate electromagnetic radiation.

Neither does Pluto.

Accordingly, it is not possible for the three of them to have any effect on humans on Earth.

While Neptune does generate weak electromagnetic fields, they do not impact Earth.

The electromagnetic waves generated by Uranus are strong enough to have an influence on Jupiter and Saturn. Those rays may reach the upper atmosphere of Earth, but do not penetrate the atmosphere fully.

ASTEROIDS and CELESTIAL OBJECTS: Chiron, Juno, Pallas, Vesta, Nessus, Eros, Psych, Lilith, Cruithne, Orcus, Ixion, Quaoar, Hygeia, Hebe, Huya, Haumea, Makemake, Sedna, Salacia, Varuna, Pholus, Charon and Dysnomia. Astronomers claimed to found 2 more dwarf planets, planned to name them Xena or Ether, then astrologers would follow suit to examine them and their powers.

None of them generate electromagnetic radiation.

The scientific standard for statistical analysis of a general population is 2,167 charts.

If you can put up 2,167 charts documenting that Eris affects humans, then please do (and note you'll be the first to have done so).

muchacho

That defies science.

Astrology is predicated on the Stars throwing or casting rays.

It took modern science 1,900 years to confirm that, and another 50 years to document it.

It's an established fact that the rays cast or thrown by the Stars are electromagnetic radiation.

It's also an established fact that only the electromagnetic radiation of Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn interfere on Earth.

It has also been established that the human brain generates electromagnetic radiation. A peer-reviewed science article published in Science demonstrates that, as do several hundred research papers.

Eris and Ceres do not generate electromagnetic radiation.

Neither does Pluto.

Accordingly, it is not possible for the three of them to have any effect on humans on Earth.

While Neptune does generate weak electromagnetic fields, they do not impact Earth.

The electromagnetic waves generated by Uranus are strong enough to have an influence on Jupiter and Saturn. Those rays may reach the upper atmosphere of Earth, but do not penetrate the atmosphere fully.

None of them generate electromagnetic radiation.

The scientific standard for statistical analysis of a general population is 2,167 charts.

If you can put up 2,167 charts documenting that Eris affects humans, then please do (and note you'll be the first to have done so).
Yes, astrology defies the current models of science. The only scientific model I know that comes close to explaining astrology is the Electric Universe model.

Do you have some links that can back up your claims?

And what about the Moon and the Sun? Does their radiation interfere with Earth? And does the Moon generate electromagnetic radiation?

CapAquaPis

Planetary electromagnetic radiation affects human affairs on earth...interesting concept to indicate the main planetary rulers in astrology are only planets, the sun and our moon, if you exclude the 3 dwarf planets. What about gravitational pulls on other planets? Even if a dwarf planet has an irregular orbit around the sun, would it still afflict anything on human affairs on earth? You didn't mention Chiron, a centaur or the True Node. I received word Chiron could influence Virgo (an earth sign like Taurus) and the True Node on Gemini or Sagittarius (both are mutable signs).

JUPITERASC

Planetary electromagnetic radiation affects human affairs on earth
...interesting concept to indicate the main planetary rulers in astrology are only planets, the sun and our moon,
if you exclude the 3 dwarf planets.

There are FIVE officially recognised dwarf planets in our solar system :smile:
they are Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake and Eris.
With the exception of Ceres, which is located in the asteroid belt,
the other dwarf planets are found in the outer solar system
http://space-facts.com/dwarf-planets/

Dwarf-Planets-1.jpg

kbos.jpg

What about gravitational pulls on other planets?
Even if a dwarf planet has an irregular orbit around the sun, would it still afflict anything on human affairs on earth?
You didn't mention Chiron, a centaur or the True Node.
I received word Chiron could influence Virgo (an earth sign like Taurus) and the True Node on Gemini or Sagittarius (both are mutable signs).

Tilted_Eris_520x369.jpg

CapAquaPis

Thanx for the info, Jupiter. In astrology, Eris represents darkness, fascination with the macabre, and business wealth. Darkness is associated with Scorpio and Capricorn, the macabre is more an Aquarius trait and business wealth a symbol of Sagitarius or Pisces ruled by Jupiter going by traditional and modern conventions of astrology. Eris has to influence Gemini (and maybe Taurus). Eris is a larger celestial object than Pluto if you noticed in the artist's picture of the 5 dwarf planets. Pluto and also Lilith are symbolic of darkness in astrology.

And about Haumea and Makemake, named for two Polynesian god figures or deities. Haumea represents the powers of childbirth, fire and healing in Native Hawaiian religion, and Makemake is the creation god of the Rapanui people in Easter Island administered by Chile, South America. Haumea is known for it's weird shape, which seems to be Aquarian, but would it be Scorpion related to medical healing powers and Cancer in childbirth or maternity? Ceres is the Roman goddess of childbirth or maternity, and might co-rule Virgo (or Libra).

waybread

Re: spencer's post:

Periodically on this forum, we get traditional astrologers trying to undo the last century of modern astrology. Other threads have covered a lot of the debate about the "casting of rays" significance, but briefly, this matters in traditional western astrology and not in modern western astrology.

Frankly, I challenge any astrologer, traditional or modern, to go outside on clear nights and calculate planets' orbs in degrees based on whatever "rays" they may cast. Except for the sun and moon, they simply don't cast much if any light beyond their visible edges. To rely on electromagnetic energy seems very modern to me! Sadly, there's no evidence that it has anything to do with the level of detail on human behaviour with which astrology deals.

Astrology and astronomy increasingly parted ways with the Copernican Revolution in the 1500s. Astronomers declared Pluto a dwarf planet at the IAU meeting in 2006, but modern astrologers still find Pluto to be highly relevant. By the same token, Ceres was upgraded from asteroid to dwarf planet. I've done a fair bit of research on Ceres and I still don't quite get how she varies from an asteroid. The newly discovered dwarf planet Eris may or may not prove to be significant.

The thing about asteroids is that there are thousands of them. We have to use them very judiciously, and know why we select particular ones.

A lot of virtual ink has also been spilled over Ophiuchus. It isn't the 13th sign, because signs are 30-degree sectors of the ecliptic. Ophiuchus is a constellation with a small overlap with the ecliptic.

CapAquaPis, I don't know if you work with house cusp rulers in natal chart interpretation, let alone horary astrology, but we can't just make up sign rulers without seeing how they work as house cusp rulers. I use both modern and traditional house cusp rulers because I have seen them work in my and others' chart interpretations.

So no, the sun doesn't rule Cancer. The moon rules Cancer. If you'd like to change this, then you should have some evidence based upon many chart interpretations. Rulerships are far more than simple affinities, a point lost on many novices.

I don't know if you are familiar with traditional western astrology's essential dignities, but these go beyond "rulerships." You may be familiar with exaltations, for example. These give planets a special strength in their signs, but we don't call them rulerships.

Bunraku

There are FIVE officially recognised dwarf planets in our solar system :smile:
they are Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake and Eris.
With the exception of Ceres, which is located in the asteroid belt,
the other dwarf planets are found in the outer solar system
http://space-facts.com/dwarf-planets/

Dwarf-Planets-1.jpg

kbos.jpg

Tilted_Eris_520x369.jpg

Eris is quite new.I wonder if it will gain the same popularity and wide use as Pluto.

NASA initially described it as the 10th planet in our solar system, but we all know how that went (it, along with Pluto, got demoted to dwarf planets).

CapAquaPis

Re: spencer's post:

Periodically on this forum, we get traditional astrologers trying to undo the last century of modern astrology. Other threads have covered a lot of the debate about the "casting of rays" significance, but briefly, this matters in traditional western astrology and not in modern western astrology.

Frankly, I challenge any astrologer, traditional or modern, to go outside on clear nights and calculate planets' orbs in degrees based on whatever "rays" they may cast. Except for the sun and moon, they simply don't cast much if any light beyond their visible edges. To rely on electromagnetic energy seems very modern to me! Sadly, there's no evidence that it has anything to do with the level of detail on human behaviour with which astrology deals.

Astrology and astronomy increasingly parted ways with the Copernican Revolution in the 1500s. Astronomers declared Pluto a dwarf planet at the IAU meeting in 2006, but modern astrologers still find Pluto to be highly relevant. By the same token, Ceres was upgraded from asteroid to dwarf planet. I've done a fair bit of research on Ceres and I still don't quite get how she varies from an asteroid. The newly discovered dwarf planet Eris may or may not prove to be significant.

The thing about asteroids is that there are thousands of them. We have to use them very judiciously, and know why we select particular ones.

A lot of virtual ink has also been spilled over Ophiuchus. It isn't the 13th sign, because signs are 30-degree sectors of the ecliptic. Ophiuchus is a constellation with a small overlap with the ecliptic.

CapAquaPis, I don't know if you work with house cusp rulers in natal chart interpretation, let alone horary astrology, but we can't just make up sign rulers without seeing how they work as house cusp rulers. I use both modern and traditional house cusp rulers because I have seen them work in my and others' chart interpretations.

So no, the sun doesn't rule Cancer. The moon rules Cancer. If you'd like to change this, then you should have some evidence based upon many chart interpretations. Rulerships are far more than simple affinities, a point lost on many novices.

I don't know if you are familiar with traditional western astrology's essential dignities, but these go beyond "rulerships." You may be familiar with exaltations, for example. These give planets a special strength in their signs, but we don't call them rulerships.

Makes perfect sense, waybread. Affinities: detriments, falls, weaks, dignities and peregrines. The Sun is in the highest point in the northern hemisphere sky in the summer solstice and the symbol of feminine creation powers linked to the sign of Cancer. The Moon is symbolic of parenthood and families, and Leo has a portrayal of ruling over a clan. Maybe the Sun has an affinity not co-rulership with Cancer and vice versa for the Moon in Leo.

In many cultures, the Sun or Moon (Germanic) was a "father" or "male parental figure" in myths, legends and religions of various tribes or nations throughout history, and the Moon or Sun (Germanic) represented the mother, fertility, pregnancy and childbirth. Early man was fascinated with the powers of procreation, be it by emotional love, sexuality and our need to reproduce offspring to carry on the family line and the human species.

The shape of Ceres for an asteroid and Haumea as an oval sphere, like the phases of the Moon, may remind some astrologers of a pregnant belly or its positions or growth over time. Lilith, who was Adam's first wife in the Bible's book of Genesis, is said to represent miscarriage or infant mortality in western mythology, both in European and Middle eastern cultures. And Lilith is Earth's second "moon" or natural satellite said to "stalk" humanity.

I believe Sedna, the Trans-Neptunian Object farthest from the Sun in its 11,600 year orbit, represents the fate of humanity: we as a species began in the last ice age (was Sedna in Aries or Virgo back then?), as the name Sedna is from an Inuit goddess, a culture lived in the cold Arctic of North America for about 5,000 years. Sedna would be the weakest link in astrology due to its remote distance and size smaller than Pluto and Eris, or even Ceres.

Last edited:

Zonark

About Eris, a bit before the time of its discovery the religion Discordianism was founded by Malaclypse the Younger and Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst.

I got a copy of the Principa Discordia when I was 15. Same time the planet was discovered. Discordianism's from the 50s when psychedelics were novelty. Hail Eris :bandit:

Eris is in Aries right now, the Goddess is at war and it shows. Riots that turn to wars, rebellions that rebel against the rebels rebelling against the rebels (FSA rebelling against Assad, rebelling against Al Qaeda, rebelled against by ISIS, rebelled against by the Kurds, rebelled against by Iran and so on and so forth) everyone insisting their order is the best order but it all looks like chaos.

CapAquaPis

Omg Haumea is an egg. IT'S AN EGG! :w00t:

Best.AWforum.post.ever. :tongue::biggrin::w00t: Haumea is shaped like one, what if it's a giant alien egg and the alien baby grows up large enough to devour the earth? Like that one episode of Doctor Who (the 2010s version), when the Earth's moon turned out to be a giant web of eggs? (did I spoiled it? LOL). Ceres is strange to be placed among the asteroid belt (is it another egg?)

While I was asking the wisest guru of the internet: Google, I discovered Sedna is currently in Taurus. Maybe this is why Taurus people and maybe Aries or Scorpio (the opposite of Taurus) seem agitated or stubborn now. Sedna can't be this powerful on our lives, compared to more influential celestial objects like the Sun & Moon, or the 8 official astrological planets.

Perhaps Sedna was in Aries at the time of Jesus Christ 2,000 years ago and the symbol of Virgo is the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus Christ, in the last astrological age of Pisces, now we're in the Aquarian age. Like I said earlier, my theories of Sedna plays a crucial role in where humanity is headed or we're currently in. I say humanity is in the second Sedna cycle.

Zonark

Best.AWforum.post.ever. :tongue::biggrin::w00t: Haumea is shaped like one, what if it's a giant alien egg and the alien baby grows up large enough to devour the earth? Like that one episode of Doctor Who (the 2010s version), when the Earth's moon turned out to be a giant web of eggs? (did I spoiled it? LOL). Ceres is strange to be placed among the asteroid belt (is it another egg?)

While I was asking the wisest guru of the internet: Google, I discovered Sedna is currently in Taurus. Maybe this is why Taurus people and maybe Aries or Scorpio (the opposite of Taurus) seem agitated or stubborn now. Sedna can't be this powerful on our lives, compared to more influential celestial objects like the Sun & Moon, or the 8 official astrological planets.

Perhaps Sedna was in Aries at the time of Jesus Christ 2,000 years ago and the symbol of Virgo is the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus Christ, in the last astrological age of Pisces, now we're in the Aquarian age. Like I said earlier, my theories of Sedna plays a crucial role in where humanity is headed or we're currently in. I say humanity is in the second Sedna cycle.

That's exactly what I was thinking! But it could be hard boiled and spoiled :annoyed:

Solar system's largest Century Egg. Crack it open and the stench causes an extinction level event. :sick:

This is true about cow natives, all the ones I know are real ornery lately. Sedna would affect feminine people more internally and masculine externally; as a young man it might be a prissy lady that comes into your life expecting you to be all that while she's still Daddy's girl, very sheltered, needy, finds out you're pretty average and mostly full of ****, runs back to Dad, gets rejected because he's tired of raising an adult baby.

I'm just going off the legend though. Sedna refused to move out, marry and generally become independent. Father tried to disown her after she ran from a relationship with a "crow-man" who pretended to be wealthy but was not, he pushed her off a boat, she clinged but he disowned her to the point of chopping her fingers off after pushing her out of the boat (little bit dramatic) then she became a sea Goddess, came into her own.

Difficulty letting go perhaps. Forced release. Childish expectations being shattered, Disney princess fantasies vs reality, young men being brassy with nothing to back it up. Girls with daddy issues etc.

JUPITERASC

The thing about asteroids is that there are thousands of them.
In fact there are MILLIONS of asteroids :smile:
Adding these to the natal chart makes the setting seem rather crowded

FURTHERMORE
IF one considers only those asteroids that are larger than 100 meters
and that are orbiting within the inner Solar System,
then
there are MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION asteroids

when one includes smaller asteroids in the count
there are even more

ASTEROIDS DISCOVERED 1980 - 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJsUDcSc6hE

And that was three years ago ~ more have been discovered since

Data for the above video supplied by the Lowell Observatory and Minor Planet Center
We have to use them very judiciously,
and know why we select particular ones.
Indeed ~

nevertheless
the "selection process" would involve assessing literally millions of asteroids
to ensure that any 'particular ones' selected
are indeed relevant

otherwise important asteroids
could obviously so easily be overlooked