Kannon McAfee, Astrologer

Kannon

My specialty is birth chart interpretation and rectification. I also do all the other types of readings for trends (transits/progressions), relationship chart comparisons, health, career, choosing wedding dates, even fertility reports for women.

- I do consultations in person in Portland, OR
- By phone for anyone in the USA: 503 285 2130
- Email: kannonmcafee@gmail.com

I am back to doing astrology work after a hiatus and my specialty is still rectification. However, I will only do rectifications and other readings by phone call only. You can email me with initial data, but we will have to set and appointment by phone for a real conversation.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Hello, everyone! :smile:

Many forum members are familiar with the difficulties I have had determining my Ascendant sign, the efforts to which I have gone to do so. I recently enlisted Kannon's aid, and I would like to recommend his services. Please note that I do this of my own volition, without the slightest prodding. I wish to display my gratitude publicly and provide a review of his services for those who may wish to utilize them.

Kannon worked with me closely through private message and e-mail to ascertain my Ascendant sign, and then pinpointed the degree using the dates I provided. He was quite thorough in his questioning, inquiring about my health, home life, physical appearance, jobs, and relationships. He requested several pictures of me—one of my face in profile and another in which I was not smiling. Finally, he requested a short voice recording near the end of our session, to identify my Ascendant with certainty.

Throughout this process, Kannon displayed compassion and insight, revealing facets of my character I had not identified. When he had ascertained the degree of my Ascendant, he described the process by which he had done so, identifying specific transits to my rectified Midheaven. For those who are interested in the result, my rectified Ascendant is 16 Pisces 11; my rectified Midheaven, 22 Sagittarius 40. He explained that this represents the moment of my "spiritual birth," and not necessarily the moment of my physical birth. I believe this is my true natal chart because the transits--especially Pluto conjunct my Midheaven--align with significant periods of my life.

Thanks, Kannon!

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

freedomlover

My specialty is birth chart interpretation and rectification. I've done many rectifications in case you have no time of birth. Some are easier than others.

I do consultations in person in Portland, OR, and by phone/internet for anyone in the USA. Deleted by moderator .

That is such a valuable service - thank you for letting others know what you can do for them!
quoting Arian Maverick:
For those who are interested in the result, my rectified Ascendant is 16 Pisces 11; my rectified Midheaven, 22 Sagittarius 40. He explained that this represents the moment of my "spiritual birth," and not necessarily the moment of my physical birth. I believe this is my true natal chart because the transits--especially Pluto conjunct my Midheaven--align with significant periods of my life.

AT LAST! So, you are a Pisces ascendant after all! :innocent: I'm very curious as to what is the difference between a "spiritual birth", and a physical birth. Apparently the spiritual occurred quite a bit earlier. Is it when the baby first came out of the womb, but before the cord was cut?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arian Maverick

I'm very curious as to what is the difference between a "spiritual birth", and a physical birth. Apparently the spiritual occurred quite a bit earlier. Is it when the baby first came out of the womb, but before the cord was cut?

From what I have gathered, the term "spiritual birth time" was coined by astrologer John Wilner, who adapted the concept from the readings of Edgar Cayce. I believe the method is described in his book The Perfect Horoscope: Following the Astrological Guidelines Established by Edgar Cayce, which I have not read. Supposedly, "spiritual birth" refers to the moment at which the soul enters the body--a moment which may precede the physical birth by one or two hours.

Unfortunately, extensive Google searches have not yielded much information, so we must await Kannon's return for further information.

Arian Maverick

Kannon

That is such a valuable service - thank you for letting others know what you can do for them!

AT LAST! So, you are a Pisces ascendant after all! :innocent: I'm very curious as to what is the difference between a "spiritual birth", and a physical birth. Apparently the spiritual occurred quite a bit earlier. Is it when the baby first came out of the womb, but before the cord was cut?

Thanks Arian for the compliments - and for your willingness.

Freedomlover, there is not a consistent time interval between the recorded birth time that sets the Asc of the usual chart (termed "astrological survey" by Edgar Cayce) and what Cayce termed the "spiritual" birth moment. I don't attempt to directly identify that moment, but use the mechanics of a person's own astrology to make the chart adjustment so that the Asc sign matches the person and the degree matches up with transits/progressions of known life events.

Evidently the moment that sets the birth chart exactly correct on the Asc occurs at the moment in which the incarnating Soul commits its spirit/energy to the body of the baby (before or after the moment of phys birth). Master Astrologer John Willner identified birth windows by secret formulas involving Sun, Moon, Uranus, Asc. I don't have those formulas or the software (Incarn, Incarn2) that uses them. So I have to look very closely at the chart (set by birth time) against a backdrop of the person's physiology and personality, as well as a series of life events.

For me, it is a matter of practicality. I look to identify the correct Asc figure by sign and degree, starting with the recorded time of birth, so that the chart that results is useful for the whole of the person's life. My own needed only a 2* Asc adjustment from 15 to 17 Virgo.

My theme is, For astrology to be real it must be seen in the body of the person. This is why I place emphasis on certain patterns of physical features related to quality and element of the signs on the Asc. In ArianMaverick's case, her face is more Piscean than Arian, slender/tapered rather than chiseled ovate. Other things in her personality also pointed to Pisces, so it was pretty obvious. Pisces is the least ego-driven sign of the zodiac, Aries the most. When you tap into issues that can highlight those issues, then you can get a clear differentiation. It is not an intellectual process, but an intuitive one of either observing the person's energy directly (behavior, etc) or getting enough information (visual, auditory, etc) to observe it indirectly

So I don't attempt to identify a "spiritual birth moment" as such, but instead go through a thorough rectification process. With some charts, like Tiger Woods' it is nearly immediately clear that his chart is nearly exactly correct as is. Recent events in his life (since fall '09) show this in the transit of Uranus opp n.Asc. In general at least about 40% of birth charts need to be adjusted into a different sign. Around 60% are in the correct sign, but may still need significant adjustment by degree and minute of arc.

The Sun sign and first house signs come into play strongly, though. Examples are a Cancer rising when either the Sun or Moon is in a fixed sign. That person will most often take on a more rectangular face outline of a fixed sign. There will be other physical characteristics there that indicate a Cancer type, however, as well as personality. What we are really talking about is how to read the energy from the person so that you can differentiate between a Pisces rising with first house Aries planets and an Aries rising with those same first house planets. There is a readable difference.

In Arian's case, there are facets of her personality that definitely are core to her that are not Arian. To be a triple 1st house Aries type is to be clearly and purely the Aries type. With Pisces on the Asc there is a refined sensitivity, acute listening skill and intuition that does not appear in the same way with Aries rising.

I encourage people to develop their understanding of the signs well enough to know if they actually fit the profile of the sign supposedly belonging to the Asc of their chart. Studying the signs this carefully will also show you how they display in an array of expressions from one person to another, thus cutting out stereotypes or caricatures.

Yennefer

I would also like to recommend Kannon´s services. The method was very much the same as Arian Maverick described here.

I asked him for rectification of my chart as I felt that there are things I cannot relate that much to, despite having quite accurate birth time. Example of it being that in the chart, MC and IC rulers, Venus and Mars were in TRINE. As they should describe your parents and how one perceived them, I couldn´t make any sense of it because of my father being alcoholic and my parents divorced.
In the rectified chart, MC/IC rulers Mercury and Neptune, are in square, which more accurately describes the situation.

So it turned out that my ASC is not Sag, but 28.22 Scorpio, with Sag intercepted in the 1st house which also explained my mixed Scorpio-Sag quality.

I spent last few days examining my "new" chart and I must admit that it more accurately reflects me.

Thank you very much Kannon!

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

Thank you for your help from me too:)

Im still a bit unsure about realy ASC sign, because Im so lucky to have gotten the birthtime 6.30 PM, and early gemini... Maybe I need some real rectification help some time.

And most people say I look like taurus. I can associate the 7th house of partners with sagittaurius, because my 2 last relationships (one I was married to) were with guys who BOTH had Sagittaurius rising (but late degrees), both have Sun sign and Mercury in sagittarius. I have no other planets in fire than Uranus in 7th house Sagittauris, so I think its a bit strange that I always end up with the same type of super-philosophical guys....

Cactus

After reading Kannon's posts and really identifying with them, especially about chart rectification, I contacted him about rectifying my chart.

He responded very quickly and did my chart in a very effective and timely manner. I was very impressed and he explained my new chart and answered questions I had.

I will tell you, my new chart makes complete sense. It is totally me and I am so glad he gave me (through his posts here in the forum) the inspiration to question my original "birth time" chart. For years, I just accepted that chart even though I was totally struggling to make sense of it. I just knew something was missing. And there was - what was missing was the correct chart!

Nobody asked me to post this, it's purely my idea, as I wanted to show my support for his knowledge and ability as an astrologer. So thank you, Kannon, I appreciate you spending time with me and helping me to understand my chart and myself better.

Kannon

I'm updating my site frequently with interesting topics, adding pages to my permanent navigation bar. There is now a form for sending your request directly to me in email.

Kannon

Latest blog post, "Where is your Awakening?"
uranus.jpg

Topics:
Uranus, the Awakener, activates us for a purpose.
Uranus Activating the Chiron-in-Aries Sub-Generation.
Into the Great Unknown.
... and more!
http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/where-is-your-awakening/

Kannon

Quincunxes, Eclipses, the Inner Feminine and Herbs
ashwagandha.gif

Not long before waking today I had a very brief but clear dream in which an attractive young woman (my feminine side) stands at my side as I (masculine side) recline in something like a dentist’s chair. She says, “Your brain will become anemic by July 2 if you don’t do something about it…” There were other clues inherent in the dream that were not specified in words that left me clear when I woke up what to do with this. Plus, this isn’t the first time this kind of health advice dream has happened. So on eclipse day (new Moon eclipsing Sun at 0 Gemini) I am re-working my herbal supplement program, as well as my biocircuit use.

Now I’ve probably left a few of your heads spinning or with a quizzical ? just above.

First, herbs. I have a body made for herbs, so I take them daily. Because of my delicate constitution (as well as chemical sensitivity) I stay much healthier and feel much better when I’m taking appropriate herbs to assist my body’s normal functions (liver, glandular, nerves, etc). I’ve taken herbs daily for most years since 1995. So the herbs of choice in response to my dream are Ashwagandha - Withania somnifera – a member of the nightshade (Solanacea) family that is native to India, and Muira Puama – species of the of the Olacaceae family and native to the Amazon rainforest.

Continue...>http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/2012/05/20/quincunxes-eclipses-the-inner-feminine-and-herbs/

Kannon

2012 Venus Transit: Interpretation and Predictions

The Venus transit across the disc of the Sun will be visible on June 5 or 6, depending where you are in relation to the international date line. Here on the west coast of the USA (Portland, OR) it occurs from about 3:05 pm PDT to 9:44 pm after the Sun sets here in Portland at about 8:55. Here is an animated preview from Wikipedia commons:

Venus_transit_2012_animation.gif

DO NOT view this event directly as it will produce partial or complete blindness. DO NOT view this event through anything but proper viewing equipment or shaded eclipse glasses.

Basic Dynamics

Astrologically it is the re-calibration of humanity’s social values structure (Venus) to be consistent within oneself, to be fair, balanced (Gemini) and to align with the current paradigm of energy and consciousness (Sun) on the planet.

Continue reading >http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/2012-venus-transit-interpretation-and-predictions/

Kannon

Uranus square Pluto

In my previous post I established that it is change in the lives of individuals that produces change in society. We are in the Big Reset. Pushing fear aside clears the way for seeing the real issues. Now let’s look at how this revolutionary energy dynamic can propel us forward, and how we can cooperate with it.

1. Seek greater, deeper balance not extremes or forcefulness

This seems counter-intuitive. Uranus the great Eccentric is here to turn things upside down and light them on fire (at least while in Aries). Uranus, the Awakener, planet of Divine Discontent helps propel us outside old worn out boundaries. And boy, is it stirring up the desire for greater power in the masses!

However, the changes happen more seamlessly and naturally within us
when we are looking for effective ways to remain in balance, even deepen it, rather than be further imbalanced by fear and anger put out by others during this time. That is what will happen: we either gain greater power through a deepening contact with the place of power within us, or we (over-)react to perceived excesses of external power.

Continue reading...
Making Uranus square Pluto work For you not against you

Kannon

Re: Uranus square Pluto

The American forefather Thomas Jefferson said it was good to have a rebellion every 20 years or so.

A little rebellion now and then is a good thing and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.
– Thomas Jefferson from his letter to James Madison dated 30 January 1787

Injustices slowly accumulate, just as a scale can gradually lose its calibration until someone speaks out. People take injustices for a while because it is easier day-to-day to tolerate it and be “civil.”

Uranus in Aries Square Pluto in Capricorn: Rebellion Against Established Authorities

Then comes Uranus in Aries. Uranus is transcendent, electric, instant connection with the whole. Every 84 years Uranus comes back to the zodiacal place of new starts and self-interest – Aries. There it stimulates a collective sense of self-interest among those who have been ‘taking it’ for so long. Rebellion, a strong, sharp, repeated “No!” directed at the source(s) of the problem(s) is appropriate and necessary to keep those of an aristocratic, autocratic, authoritarian bent from suffocating society.

Uranus & Aries vibrationally
uranus_aries1.jpg

This is what we would call a combination of high contrast because the color frequencies are: Uranus green; Aries red. This is high tension looking for integration. Rather than a balance of the Libran sort to be achieved through mediation and fair play, this integration will feel more forced and may require real courage to stand up for what individuals want – without backing down. It is a push upon the gates to be let in or to break them down.

This is particularly true with Uranus square Pluto in Capricorn. The Cancer-Capricorn axis are the counter-points of material security, psychological context and parentage – the maternal/paternal dynamic in society. Pluto’s run through Cancer in the 1930s accompanied the Great Depression, also known as the “hungry 30s.” Greed had to be released so that resources were freed up to meet the needs of the masses.

Continue reading Uranus in Aries & Pluto in Capricorn: what the signs mean

Last edited: