Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 06-07-2006, 03:36 AM

Why Am I Still Here?

I often enjoy reflecting upon my experience as a member of these forums, browsing through old threads and reliving conversations with those who, in their own time, found this community and contributed to its development in various ways. I have encountered many different individuals here and witnessed their arrivals and departures. Some sought a quick astrological interpretation of their natal charts; others were eager to impart their own expertise and knowledge; only a few remain active members today.

Although my natal chart would seem to indicate otherwise, I am of the latter category and have been extremely active in this community since I registered in October 2005. However, for the life of me I cannot understand why I am still here. I have an Aries Ascendant, Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus; my chart ruler, Mars, is located in Gemini. Neither of these signs have acquired a reputation of steadfastness...

Perhaps can someone help me sort through my thoughts?

Arian Maverick

Unread 06-07-2006, 05:40 AM

Re: Why Am I Still Here?

I have Arian and Gemini influences as well... The forums here are never ever boring! Plus it always surges new kinds of information from all walks of life, which we can apply to ourselves in relevance and in all humbleness. I read somewhere a lot of Arians have become psychologists-- this may be a clue? We can never stop hearing or learn about ourselves which may be the utmost important to you. Arians are such identity forming individuals... the quest for knowledge is insatiable: the deeper we dig the more we find.. and often feel something is being constantly elusive, ever changing, ever dieing, ever reborn. Astrology somewhat serves that guidance.. like a maze being filled with water, the water will continuing flowing through the walls that structures and directs. Although I am not expertise, it might have something to do with your 1 and 8th houses in connection?
Unread 06-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

10th house

Maverick,

I suggest it has to do with the energy focused in your 10th house (duty, also structure, authority). There is an urge in you to structure things and be the authority. And web grouplists need a LOT of structuring...and sometimes a little authority is helpful too for the "unruly"!

Structured,

Tim
Unread 06-07-2006, 08:17 PM

I'm a Taurus with Asc Cap and Sat in 10th, which makes me extermely steadfast. And my Aries is square Neptune, while my Mars is opposed by Sat.

Yet I am extremely impulsive and have a short span of attention. But here I learned from a quick natal interpretation that my problem lies in self discipline, or rather lack of. Although for me it also a matter of depth: the more skill I attain (which for me is a matter of self discipline and patience), the more I enjoy a subject and invest time in it.

At any rate, I'm planning on taking astro classes next year, and my exams will be over in a week. I hope to be more active than, although I doubt I'll have the discipline. Maybe I will, but better to asume the worst and warn, than to make sweet promisses and disapoint.
Unread 06-07-2006, 09:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to franklin taylor Send a message via Yahoo to franklin taylor

Arian,
You may still be here due to some drive that compels you to be. I read many of these discussions presented by the community. I search for information pertaining to what is being discussed. I am not a big talker I analyze my thoughts and what I have read through the day while I am doing other things which keep me busy while I am healthy. I volunteer at my BPOE (Elks Club) I work with my brother on his various projects and my sisters when there children cannot. I help keep my widowed mother's property in order and I have my wife and I's business to attend to. I have too many "Irons AND Fires" rather than too many irons in ONE fire. I do not post much. I am also studying American Federation of Astrologers course work and I also have about three other subjects to which I am just as passionate and study almost daily. Like my Ninth house Neptune indicates I have too many interests and trouble settling on any given one. I am learning one key concept about astrology, " do not read into astrology more than what astrology is." Some people over credit astrology for what it is... for good or ill. I have seen in life that most things in life go in cycles, and every aspect, public and private wavers. That's why there are averages, to give people a midpoint between good/bad or high/low. Nothing stays the same. I see you joined in October people who live in most of the US's and Europe's and beyond (all of you who live in a constant warm or mild climate disregard this) temperate climate stayed inside much more often during the cold or cool part of the year and probably had time to chat about astrology (or anything else under the Sun). Now that the Sun is out and the heat is on the move, many people enjoy getting outside I know I do. They have chores to do (I need to mow my lawn and work my garden for example) that are nonexistent in the winter/spring season (which is October through April for me.) I would not be surprised that the forum activity did not increase until late summer. I definitely agree that some folks came on this list just to obtain information/ideas and then scatted on out of here. Hopefully someone did get some form of enlightening help. That's alright I would just ask this... if you had a large meal that you had to make for a large group of people daily for the rest of your life, would you want a bunch of people standing around that were unwilling to learn how to cook to be your kitchen workers or people willing to learn and lend a hand? In a way that is how this group or any other learning group operates. Astrology entails massive amounts of reading because its such an old, old subject. Some people do not have the patience to do that. With that same Virtued Patiences the forum will heat up again. We may be in the waning part of the cycle rather than the waxing. You apparently have more patience than astrology gives you credit at first glance as always life is not always as it appears. I have learn that time heals many things. Hang in there. I thank you for efforts and what you are doing as a moderater.
Take Care.
Franklin Taylor
Your Natal Chart is a fated foundation in which, by and large, the house (called your life) you build upon it is strictly up to you. Fate and freewill. Do the best with what you have been given. "That which we do not confront in ourselves we will meet as fate"...Carl Jung
Unread 06-07-2006, 09:52 PM

Hi Mav,

I haven't really looked into it, but I would theorise that those of us who have been constant regulars on these forums since we first registered, probably have configurations between our own charts and the forum's chart that would indicate a lasting relationship.

That would be something I'd be intetrested in looking into sometime actually.

Draco
Unread 06-08-2006, 01:51 AM

Interesting question rick. I'm sure you'll figure it out too in time.

TRANSITIONS http://deniselefay.wordpress.com
Unread 06-08-2006, 04:30 PM

I apologize for not responding to this thread sooner; as franklin taylor correctly observed, the onset of summer in my part of the world has robbed me of much of the time I previously devoted to the forums.

I am overwhelmed by the number of replies this thread has received, as I considered it (at the time) to simply be unintelligible ramblings of a sleep-deprived mind. Perhaps I underestimated the power and potency of those thoughts which reside in one's subconscious and resurface only at night, when everything is still except the activity of one's mind.

I have come to the conclusion that my interest in astrology chiefly stems from the age-old desire to understand self, a desire especially strong within the mindset of an Arian. I can only laugh at the fruitless years spent denying these characteristics; indeed, my unintentional and prolific use of the singular pronoun in this message only confirms that which I have already known, if not always accepted, about myself. Very simply, I AM.

I have decided to retain this pattern of expression for now although my social consciousness cringes at the idea of referring to myself so many times within a piece of writing--especially one addressed to any community of individuals who may interpret my intentions as purely egotistical. However, I believe this to be an ideal method of expressing the dominant characteristic struggle of the Aries archetype, which is to assert one's individuality without overriding that of others.

As an individual with predominant Arian characteristics, I am able to attest that if my own thoughts and experiences are any indications of the inner workings of others, many Aries-types care greatly about the opinions of others; this is simply the nature of duality as expressed in the opposite sign pairings of the zodiac. For example, although my mother possesses no Arian influence in her natal chart--indeed, her natal Sun, Mercury, Mars, and Neptune are located in diplomatic Libra--she is capable of asserting herself like no individual I have ever known.

Astrology is a wondrous thing!

Arian Maverick
Unread 06-08-2006, 05:29 PM

Thumbs up Re: Why Am I Still Here?

Maverick,this may appear to others to be my second post on this thread, but lately I have had trouble viewing my own posts, so let me say again, it may be your responsible,fatherly Capricorn positions that are holding you here.
Maybe you realize how many new people need you!

BTW, does my other post appear to you on this thread? Thanks
Unread 06-08-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arian Maverick
I apologize for not responding to this thread sooner; as franklin taylor correctly observed, the onset of summer in my part of the world has robbed me of much of the time I previously devoted to the forums.

I am overwhelmed by the number of replies this thread has received, as I considered it (at the time) to simply be unintelligible ramblings of a sleep-deprived mind. Perhaps I underestimated the power and potency of those thoughts which reside in one's subconscious and resurface only at night, when everything is still except the activity of one's mind.

I have come to the conclusion that my interest in astrology chiefly stems from the age-old desire to understand self, a desire especially strong within the mindset of an Arian. I can only laugh at the fruitless years spent denying these characteristics; indeed, my unintentional and prolific use of the singular pronoun in this message only confirms that which I have already known, if not always accepted, about myself. Very simply, I AM.

I have decided to retain this pattern of expression for now although my social consciousness cringes at the idea of referring to myself so many times within a piece of writing--especially one addressed to any community of individuals who may interpret my intentions as purely egotistical. However, I believe this to be an ideal method of expressing the dominant characteristic struggle of the Aries archetype, which is to assert one's individuality without overriding that of others.

As an individual with predominant Arian characteristics, I am able to attest that if my own thoughts and experiences are any indications of the inner workings of others, many Aries-types care greatly about the opinions of others; this is simply the nature of duality as expressed in the opposite sign pairings of the zodiac. For example, although my mother possesses no Arian influence in her natal chart--indeed, her natal Sun, Mercury, Mars, and Neptune are located in diplomatic Libra--she is capable of asserting herself like no individual I have ever known.

Astrology is a wondrous thing!

Arian Maverick
Spoken like a true 17 or 18 year old rick. I hope it wasn't too many "fruitless years spent" out of those scant 17 or 18!?

TRANSITIONS http://deniselefay.wordpress.com
Unread 06-09-2006, 12:47 AM

Lapis,

It took me this long to realize that rick is referring to me--Arian Maverick! I believe summer fever has officially dominated my brain!

Quote:
Spoken like a true 17 or 18 year old rick. I hope it wasn't too many "fruitless years spent" out of those scant 17 or 18!?
I forget how "old" I am sometimes...thanks for reminding me! By the way, I just turned seventeen two months ago

Arian Maverick
Unread 06-09-2006, 01:14 AM

Send a message via MSN to Summery Joy

Maverick,

I'm not sure why you are still here, but I'm glad that you are.

Cheers.
Unread 06-09-2006, 10:07 PM

Because we need you?

How else are we going to learn how to post on this board? Put pictures up? Find the obscure links that google doesn't throw up?

Besides, I feel you're kicking me in the rear to get a move on and do some studying. An inspiration.

keep up the good work

take care

hel
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:31 PM

Because you lubs us?
Unread 06-10-2006, 04:06 AM

Lightbulb A Revelation

Aroused from my bed in the wee hours of the night, my mind alert yet my thoughts mercifully quiet, I somehow possess a greater understanding of myself and this situation than before:

I am here because I seek acceptance, which I have found among the members of this community.

I am here because my active participation on the forums fulfills a sense of purpose in my life, a purpose that was nearly lost when I discovered that academic achievement could no longer secure my happiness.

I am here because, for now, this is where my energies are most needed.

I am here because I seek reunion with other Lightworkers in these times of great change.

I am here because there is still so much to learn...

Arian Maverick
Unread 05-29-2017, 11:58 PM

A forum existential crisis, eh? I've often wondered this myself.
Unread 05-30-2017, 12:00 AM

Hmm, I'm just here all the time out of pure habit.
Unread 05-30-2017, 12:03 AM

Habitual....hmm.

I've more posts here than any other forum I'm on so perhaps habit is the correct word.
Unread 05-30-2017, 12:07 AM

Same here. If we never had that chat thread our post count would be half what they are now.
Unread 05-30-2017, 12:09 AM

Iím only here to read someoneís posts (while eating some popcorn). You know who.
Unread 05-30-2017, 12:11 AM

I enjoy reading Tim Wilson's introductions as well.
Unread 05-30-2017, 02:08 AM

The OP, who has almost 5000 posts here, has not actually been here for more than 5 years.

Clearly s/he figured out why they were still there and then left and has never come back.

I read a post by Bunraku a while ago lamenting that many of the people like Arian are no longer here.

Maybe they are all dead. If it was still Nazi Germany, they would be in concentration camps. Yeah, after the Rudolf Hess defection fiasco in 1941, Hitler sent almost all astrologers to concentration camps.
Unread 05-30-2017, 10:56 PM

Mars in Gemini and Arian ASC - impetuously inquisitive about finding answers to the question, which is "why are we here?" I am only kidding, of course

Come to think of it, I also have Arian ASC and Mars in Gemini, and seem having lifelong interest on metaphysical explanations to fate, life and the universe.

Last edited by Senecar; 05-30-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Unread 05-30-2017, 11:08 PM

I'm still here because i've been summoned by the AW forces to succumb and be entered as part of the AW community.

This i feel at present i dont have the strength to part from, so for now here i stay, here i must obey.

Me and my mercury rx mind...i don't realize what i'm even saying sometimes...it just flows and flows lol, without even thinking.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 05-31-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Unread 11-01-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Bean View Post
The OP, who has almost 5000 posts here, has not actually been here for more than 5 years.

Clearly s/he figured out why they were still there and then left and has never come back.

I read a post by Bunraku a while ago lamenting that many of the people like Arian are no longer here.

Maybe they are all dead. If it was still Nazi Germany, they would be in concentration camps. Yeah, after the Rudolf Hess defection fiasco in 1941, Hitler sent almost all astrologers to concentration camps.
On May 10, 1941, from an astrologer discovered a 6 planet stellium (the Sun included) opposite a full moon, Rudolf Hess took advice and he decided to fly to Scotland to negotiate a peace deal with Great Britain, then he was arrested and spent 4 years in a British POW camp. Charged with war crimes by the allies in the Nuremberg trials after the war when the Nazis surrendered, Hess spent the remainder of his life in Spandau military prison in West Berlin until his death in age 93 in 1987.