Dignities in natal

lilypad18

Hi everyone

Recently I've been having some thoughts on dignities and debilities in natal chart.

I found that people with most of their planets dignified (domicile/exaltation), tend to be more carefree in their lifes. I mean, they don't have any problem with anything, I don't know if You all understand me, but I'd like to know what are your thoughts on having only domiciled or exalted positions in the natal chart

Marcoilrosso

If I have understood, yes: but I would put a reserve to what you said about of the slower planets and Mercury in the nativities. For I find no actual evidence for one of these planets being better in their signs or worse in their opposed.
While in theory it is easy to say the whereabouts and even put very (and not always funny) long descriptions, it is not that easy to find actual evidence of what has been said.
For I found no mad or stupid people only because of Mercury being in Sagittarius or Pisces, nor intelligent ones for the simple Gemini and Virgo placements.
The same I consider for Jupiter and Saturn.
For Luminaries, and the Venus-Mars couple: their typical assonance with the theoretically dignified zodiac positions very readily presents. Often, I had acute impression that bare dignified zodiac placement influenced well even nativities which had what are deemed to be very terrible aspects.

Last edited:

Theatrum

Don't know about that. I have... 5 planets domicile (Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Uranus and Pluto) and another domicile by house (Saturn). I'm not the most carefree person in the world, even though I might like to preset myself as one to everyone outside of my family circle. I'm good at a lot of things, that's true, but there's a constant worry in my head that I'll end up too scattered with everything if I don't focus on one thing alone and that I won't be truly successful at anything. I think that's my Cancer Ascendant at play.

To expand on the OP question - if a generation is born with Saturn and Jupiter both in fall (that's how it goes in my natal as well), will their life be harder in the planet related spheres? Is it correct to "compare" yourself to the other people from the same generational aspect in the same way as with people who aren't in the same generation, or better said, who don't have Saturn and Jupiter in fall?