Will I find position that is more suited to my true self this year?

So firstly thanks to all who have helped me on this horary journey so far ;Dirius Sunrise and Amie so kind and much appreciated.

So here is my next attempt. :tongue:

Question: Will I find position that is more suited to my true self this year?

Me= Mercury

Co Sig= Moon

The Career= Saturn

Job= Mars

Reception Me= Mercury is in aquarius in the ninth representing the need for intellectual stimulation and something that has a deeper purpose.

Reception co sig = Moon is exalted in Taurus but in the 12th house. Meaning a combination of doubt but at the same time ability to create this? Or alternatively how much it means to me being hidden? So - Ok here but not brilliant.

Reception Job= Mars is dignified in Aries in the house of hopes and wishes. -Positive.

Reception Career= Saturn is in sagittarius is the 6th house of service/day to day work. (peregrine I think?) Therefore having not much power here or still time to move into terms/face?

Aspects other considerations= Career has the Sun and Neptune in. (representing to me moving images etc which is one of the industries I work in and generally doing something that helps/idealism) Neptune is happy in picses. Sun is peregrine...

Saturn (career) Squares the sun -Difficulty.
Saturn Squares neptune - Difficulty perhaps in current industry to create hopes and wishes.
Saturn trines mars (job)- This would indicate on its own a possible yes.
Mercury (Me) Sextiles Mars (job)- Positive
Mercury Me sextiles Saturn Career- Positive .
Moon squares midheaven- Reason /logic saying go one way career wise emotions saying another?

All in all I would say there is possibilty for this but it would be slow coming and perhaps on a different path than I expected. Not yet been able to work out timings just trying to focus ont the basics first. I of course will update if anyone wants to have a go at timing :)

Any one care to lend a hand /point out where I may have gone wrong? Thanks and again really appreciate all your support learning on this forum:biggrin:

have a fab day all!

X

Attachments

• HoraryJobCareer.jpg
    HoraryJobCareer.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 35

Just had a thought on the moon in 12th..Could it be the fact currently 'true self' is hidden- reflecting/validating the question?

IleneK

Premium Member
Neither of your significators [Mercury or Moon] applies to form a Ptolemaic aspect with an employment position/Saturn. Moon Saturn are particularly disengaged as they do not regard each other, being 5 signs apart.

So, on the surface of it, it doesn't look to me that you will find a position that is better suited for you this year. And I think that Moon in the 12th suggests that this may be so because you and your qualities remain hidden, are not apparent to your employer or potential employers.

I wonder what you think you might be able to do to help remove this veil around you, so that you may show yourself more clearly?

Best,

Hi IleneK

Thanks so much your interpretation is way clearer. In retrospect I don't know why I took Saturn Trining Mars to be a positive.:andy: I am still getting quite muddy answers with my charts I may be over complicating!

May I ask, I took the sun (and although traditional horary doesn't ...neptune) as relevant too because they were in the relevant houses. Is this incorrect? Ie would you simply look at the main planets first look for Ptolemaic aspects and if they were positive THEN look at the secondary planets for more information?

I guess once the initial answer is clear the rest of the story won't be so 'muddy'

In terms of 'job' Mars rather than career 'Saturn' the aspect looked fine but the true self is hidden so it is kind of more of the same I guess?

Really appreciate the guidance and help learning :smile:

Also could anyone enlighten me .

Have I made a mistake as I thought there was a Ptolemaic aspect between Mercury (me ) and Saturn (career) ? (Sextile) :confused:

Thank you xx :happy:

IleneK

Premium Member
Also could anyone enlighten me .

Have I made a mistake as I thought there was a Ptolemaic aspect between Mercury (me ) and Saturn (career) ? (Sextile) :confused:

Thank you xx :happy:

The aspect between the slower and faster planet typically needs to be applying, rather than separating, as Mercury does from Saturn in this chart. So the separating aspect would point more to something in the past, rather than action in the upcoming year.

Regarding your question in the previous post,

Ie would you simply look at the main planets first look for Ptolemaic aspects and if they were positive THEN look at the secondary planets for more information?

Overall, I would say yes.

But it is hard to generalize since it depends upon the unique nature of each question, What we do know is that if the planets do not apply to an aspect, then a questioned future matter will not come to pass. There may exceptions to what I am saying here, but in the instance of your question, this would be so. And if so, so looking at secondary planets will tell you more about the circumstances of the question, but it will not alter the outcome.

IleneK

Premium Member
You are so very welcome.

And if I may, let me add just another thought that I omitted in my answer to you. You first want to explore the primary significiators fully, including their dignity, reception and angular relationship. [You can check if they aspect first, but I actually like to look at reception first...not sure why, just a personal preference.] Their dignities or lack thereof, both essential and accidental, and also reception will provide you with a ton of info about the circumstances, regardless of the outcome of the question. Only then would I consider looking at the secondary significators. But please note that this is just my personal habit.

Very helpful and kind of you to take the time. I think I had a mini lightbulb regarding separating and applying (she says tentatively) :tongue:

So I am basically running away from Saturn aspect to Mars aspect here...?

IleneK

Premium Member
Very helpful and kind of you to take the time. I think I had a mini lightbulb regarding separating and applying (she says tentatively) :tongue:

So I am basically running away from Saturn aspect to Mars aspect here...?

Separating/applying is a bit of a slippery concept, and not the same as moving towards or away from...so I think you may need to look up the formal astrological definitions of applying and separating so you can get it more clear in your mind. Deborah Houlding has a very good and accessible website with these kinds of definitions at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/

I advise you of this because, no, you/Merc are not running away from Saturn towards Mars, [even though Merc is moving towards Mars]. And that is because while Merc is moving toward Mars, it is also separating from its sextile, not applying. Merc is at 8 deg and Mars at 3 deg, so the sextile perfected about five degrees ago.

Check out the definitions on skyscript and play with them a bit. See if you can't gain more clarity. Please be patient with yourself as it may take a little time.

Gotcha! Gosh this is complicated shall keep up the practise hope it clicks soon :) Thanks for the link I have had a look on there before but starting from a total beginner status I find it a bit hard. Nevertheless I will keep at it!

TYX