both are available on amazon

alternatively RAPHAELS EPHEMERIS details all eclipses each year
and is very popular
and easily available from online publishers
but is only published Annually

Senecar

Thanks for your info Jup.

I went back to my ephemeris, and my version is

The ASTROBE WORLD EPHEMRIS 2001 - 2050 at Midnight prefaced by Rob Hand.

In this version of ephemeris, Eclipse is marked in the Moon circle right at the bottom of the page as ㅏ.

A bit inconspicuous way to note them in the book, but then it is supposed to be an obscuring of the light from one celestial body by the passage of another between it and the observer or between it and its source of illumination? :)

JUPITERASC

Thanks for your info Jup.
I went back to my ephemeris, and my version is
The ASTROBE WORLD EPHEMRIS 2001 - 2050 at Midnight prefaced by Rob Hand.
In this version of ephemeris, Eclipse is marked in the Moon circle right at the bottom of the page as ㅏ.
A bit inconspicuous way to note them in the book, but then it is supposed to be an obscuring of the light from one celestial body by the passage of another between it and the observer or between it and its source of illumination?
:)

Advantage of AMERICAN EMPHERIS FOR 20th CENTURY is
makes it easy to locate eclipses :smile:
qnd

all eclipses for one hundred years are listed
in "MOON PHASES AND ECLIPSES" box
which is clearly marked
at base right of each page

AMERICAN EPHEMERIS FOR 21st CENTURY

lists eclipses for fifty years of 21st Century

Senecar

Sample page from Astrolabe World Ephemerids by Rob Hand.
25838659077_80068f6ee8_c.jpg

JUPITERASC

easy to locate eclipses
using AMERICAN EMPHERIS FOR 20th CENTURY
:smile:
all eclipses for one hundred years are listed
in "MOON PHASES AND ECLIPSES" box
also provides DURATION OF ECLIPSE
at base right of each page

AMERICAN EPHEMERIS FOR 21st CENTURY

lists eclipses for fifty years of 21st Century
both available on amazon and not expensive

Senecar

I have an AMERICAN EPHEMERIS 1950-2000, and yes it is excellent. But this Astrolabe version is in larger format making easier to eyes :)

I have also placed orders for AE 2000-2050 and also Book of Tables just to backup my collection.

Senecar

AE 2000-2050 and the Book of Tables arrived.

Indeed, AE2000-2050 is an excellent reference.

But my ASTROLABE Ephemeris has its own merits. It is twice the size so very easy for your eyes.

And also it has extra table of information which is not inlcuded in AE2000-2050.

petosiris

Banned
Too bad you can't do this with the ephemeris for the Lights and Nodes, unless the eclipse happens near the nonagesimal MC. To see why eclipses and conjunctions do not coincide - check topocentric Moon. I highly recommend one use topocentric Moon, today you can do it with a click on your software. Morinus, Valens and (android) AstroVizor all have it, those are free ones.

An eclipse is the greatest testimony that the ''geocentric Moon'' is an imaginary and non-existing planet.

Last edited:

Senecar

Printed ephemeris is handy for quickly checking daily planet positions especially the Moon and its nodes and also ingress info on planets and eclipses.

I find it a lot faster and handy than software or internet checking. And in case of apocalypse and no electricity and internet, they might come real handy too :D

petosiris

Banned
Printed ephemeris is handy for quickly checking daily planet positions especially the Moon and its nodes and also ingress info on planets and eclipses.

I find it a lot faster and handy than software or internet checking. And in case of apocalypse and no electricity and internet, they might come real handy too :D

Yes, I also have an emphemeris for a century in case of zombie apocalypse. However, I would always use topocentric Moon if I am able to.

Senecar

Yes, I also have an emphemeris for a century in case of zombie apocalypse. However, I would always use topocentric Moon if I am able to.

Topocentric Moon? I have looked every astrological textbooks in my bookshelf, but none of them has any mention on it?

petosiris

Banned
Topocentric Moon? I have looked every astrological textbooks in my bookshelf, but none of them has any mention on it?

We astrologers often point we are not heliocentric astrologers on account of being and living on Earth, but no one can defend the use of geocentric Moon as no one lives at the inner core. Basically, the place on Earth has an effect on coordinates, with the Moon up to one degree, the planets up to a minute, with the fixed stars even less. It is especially crucial for the Moon.

http://www.etwright.org/astro/moonpar.html
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/forums/v...iew=next&sid=6326aa1f4413f3fe84fb668b30a70033

There is only one astrological text on using topocentric Moon I know, by siderealist Donald Bradley on lunar returns. Later in his life, he regretted the book and used geocentric lunar returns. Most astrologers do not have good reasons for what they are doing.

Btw, the skyscript post takes mention of the tropical zodiac being absolute geocentric in concept. Most (with some notable exceptions) of the Greek astronomers thought the stars revolved around the Earth every day and thus they thought they also move every 72 years.

Modern physics is not entirely averse to geoheliocentric coordinate system (Einstein and Leopold 1938). However there is no place for Primum Mobile and epycicles.

Last edited: