Strong house 8 and depression

AlixDLP

Hey dear astrology friends,

Could a Mars-Pluto-Ketu conjunction in House 8 Scorpio (...) be the explanation of a chronic depression ??

To get the "context", it's part of this chart: 12.16.85, 12.25 (noon), Paris FR.
- Stellium Sagittarius: Mercury-Saturn-Venus-Uranus(conjunct MC)-Sun.
- Rising Pisces and Neptun in 10-capricorn.
- Jupiter-Moon in 12-Aquarius.
- Fortuna-Rahu-Lilith in 2-Taurus (and Chiron in 3).

Thanks for your help !!!

Osamenor

Staff member
Chronic depression is a pretty common problem, and there's no single astrological factor that explains it. I know "melancholy" is traditionally associated with Saturn; I would look for a significant Saturn and/or Capricorn placement first.

More likely, chart factors would correlate with why and how this person becomes chronically depressed, if they do. Certain chart factors might suggest that they're particularly susceptible to depression, but they wouldn't guarantee that it will happen.

AlixDLP

Thanks a lot for the answer!

Well it's the chart of my sister.
She's right now with her saturn return in Sagittarius, and a stellium there, so it could explain why her "melancholy" is so deep right now.

But it's also an old depression, just stronger now.
Do you think that this old pattern could be associated with her "difficult" 8th house?
Or Neptun in 10th capricorn (ruler of her Pisces rising) ? Or the moon "lost" in 12th?

Her Ketu-Pluto-Mars conjonction in ruler's house & sign makes me goose bumps, I must say, but I've got difficulty to interpret it.

We didn't have a easy childhood, with loss and disease of siblings, which could be one of the explanation of this strong 8th house scorpio of her, or?

Last edited:

GoldenLion12

Thanks a lot for the answer!

Well it's the chart of my sister.
She's right now with her saturn return in Sagittarius, and a stellium there, so it could explain why her "melancholy" is so deep right now.

But it's also an old depression, just stronger now.
Do you think that this old pattern could be associated with her "difficult" 8th house?
Or Neptun in 10th capricorn (ruler of her Pisces rising) ? Or the moon "lost" in 12th?

Her Ketu-Pluto-Mars conjonction in ruler's house & sign makes me goose bumps, I must say, but I've got difficulty to interpret it.

We didn't have a easy childhood, with loss and disease of siblings, which could be one of the explanation of this strong 8th house scorpio of her, or?
My personal depression in my chart was associated with all three water signs, and like she said above I have Saturn and Moon next to one another Taurus. I think when it comes to depression the water signs have a lot to do with the emotions. Capricorn, Scorpio, Pisces, Cancer, Taurus can all be very dark if they're hitting the chart right.

The Saturn in Sagittarius maybe affecting her if she has a lot of planets there.

AlixDLP

Yes taurus depression I see what you mean :)

And would any of you have suggestion to what could, especially professionnaly, help my sister? She's in arts, but doesn't really have "hitten" yet (still young, 31).
As she's totally depressed she felt like no more direction.
I would like to help her, but I'm not enough advanced in charts... :-(