10th house interpretation and job?

haidee

Hi. :sideways:

I was wondering if anyone would try to interpret what career paths I have considered by looking at my chart, and maybe also tell me what would suit me? I tend to read my chart over and over, lol, the 4 planets in my 10th house confuses me...So I would like to know other people's interpretation. :)

Also, something unrelated... Does anyone know what the box with C F M and F A E W in the middle of the attached picture means? o.o

Thank you. :3

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Your chart shows flexibility in the professional sphere.

With both your ascendant and your midheaven being ruled by Mercury, all professional houses having their cusps in air signs, dispositor of two of the three professional planets (Mars, Venus) being Mercury I'd say your first inclination would be towards the use of your mental faculties in your work. A job where a lot of activity (Mars) and perhaps socializing (Venus) may be attractive to you. Perhaps something like a salesman/woman, promoter, or the like.

All the planets of profession are oriental and this shows that these energies are more forward and speculative. This could indicate a talent for scouting, or gathering of information, especially when we factor in the importance of mercury in your chart. An agent of some kind seems possible as well. Venus would be the second most important pro planet, imo, because it is the most angular, and rules the second house of personal resources.

Whatever your career is, it will be one that involves people in some manner; your chart doesn't indicate a solitary career/job, in my estimation.

Also:

C- cardinal
F- fixed
M- mutable

F- fire
A- Air
E- Earth
W- Water

Rosaroo11

Counseling or education? Something people/health/healing related. You have neptune conjunct uranus - sign of a mystic, wise person :)

ukdesifem

I was wondering if anyone would try to interpret what career paths I have considered by looking at my chart, and maybe also tell me what would suit me? I tend to read my chart over and over, lol, the 4 planets in my 10th house confuses me...So I would like to know other people's interpretation. :)

Also, something unrelated... Does anyone know what the box with C F M and F A E W in the middle of the attached picture means? o.o

10th house planets means little. not to dissuade you, but there are no inherent placement meanings. All meanings must be taken in the grand chart context, and never in isolation. It's never about silver bullets.

That said, your 10th house lends to communications, and helping. Venus and Mars conjunct MC mean you seek competition and beauty, but not in an aggressive sense. It could be you seek for clarity, fairness and balance in your life.

10th house in Cancer and Mercury also lend to communications and life force in caring terms.

Your True Node is also in your 2nd house, and in Libra, so this reinforces a need for balance in your work. I'd say you'd do well in a communicative context, whether sales, PR, HRM, public speaking, Corp. Communications, etc.

muchacho

I look at charts using whole sign houses and so to me there are only 2 planets in your 10th, Mars and Venus, rulers of your 8th and 2nd/9th.

haidee

Your chart shows flexibility in the professional sphere.

With both your ascendant and your midheaven being ruled by Mercury, all professional houses having their cusps in air signs, dispositor of two of the three professional planets (Mars, Venus) being Mercury I'd say your first inclination would be towards the use of your mental faculties in your work. A job where a lot of activity (Mars) and perhaps socializing (Venus) may be attractive to you. Perhaps something like a salesman/woman, promoter, or the like.
Thanks. :) I do like staying on my feet and socialize in the way that I can help or give advice. I'm not sure that I'll be good as a saleswoman due to the fact that I can be very reserved when meeting strangers.

Also:

C- cardinal
F- fixed
M- mutable

F- fire
A- Air
E- Earth
W- Water
Thanks. I should've noticed, lol.

Counseling or education? Something people/health/healing related. You have neptune conjunct uranus - sign of a mystic, wise person :)
About being wise.. :pinched: I've also been told that I'd be a very reserved but strict if I were to become a teacher - that was kind of a bummer, because I thought about becoming a teacher once, but I also have a soft voice and tend to mumble if I'm not confident in my speech. So, I guess not.

10th house planets means little. not to dissuade you, but there are no inherent placement meanings. All meanings must be taken in the grand chart context, and never in isolation. It's never about silver bullets.
Yes I know... I was just wondering what the planets in my 10th house would tell about my work situation, once I've found a study program I want to join and once I've got a job. :)

Venus and Mars conjunct MC mean you seek competition and beauty, but not in an aggressive sense. It could be you seek for clarity, fairness and balance in your life.
True, not just in the work that I want but in general as well. Thank you. :)

Your True Node is also in your 2nd house, and in Libra, so this reinforces a need for balance in your work. I'd say you'd do well in a communicative context, whether sales, PR, HRM, public speaking, Corp. Communications, etc.
Thanks, that was my interpretation as well, but the field is so broad that it's hard to narrow it down to something more specific; if it'd be something in philosophy or media etc. :p

I look at charts using whole sign houses and so to me there are only 2 planets in your 10th, Mars and Venus, rulers of your 8th and 2nd/9th.
Ah okay, I always thought that with my mercury in 10th house my way of communicating would be essential in my career-life.

Last edited:

muchacho

Ah okay, I always thought that with my mercury in 10th house my way of communicating would be essential in my career-life.
If you look at your chart the way I do, then Mercury as the ruler of your 10th is in the 11th, the House of gains and friendships which is a rather good position. But just because Mercury rules your 10th doesn't mean communication is essential. Sun and Moon and a few other Houses have to indicate something similar. And with Sun in the 11th, making friends or mixing with people and groups will be essential to your well-being. Moon as your ruler of your 11th in Aquarius is also pointing into that direction. With your ASC in Virgo and your Moon in the 6th, however, you probably don't like constant exposure and prefer to stay off stage than center stage. So sales is probably not a good idea, networking behind the scenes could be a better choice.

haidee

If you look at your chart the way I do, then Mercury as the ruler of your 10th is in the 11th, the House of gains and friendships which is a rather good position. But just because Mercury rules your 10th doesn't mean communication is essential. Sun and Moon and a few other Houses have to indicate something similar. And with Sun in the 11th, making friends or mixing with people and groups will be essential to your well-being. Moon as your ruler of your 11th in Aquarius is also pointing into that direction. With your ASC in Virgo and your Moon in the 6th, however, you probably don't like constant exposure and prefer to stay off stage than center stage. So sales is probably not a good idea, networking behind the scenes could be a better choice.

Thank you. :) That sounds true. I usually like to be 2nd-in-command, the one who has a lot to say, but doesn't get the full attention.

Last edited:

Hello haidee!! :biggrin:

Let's see...the 10th house is Capricorn's house and you have your sun, Venus, Mars and Mercury here.

Venus is related to beauty, love and unions in general (business partners, friendship, etc). It's also a planet where socializing and relating to others is very important so I think this is very positive for your career :biggrin:. You crave to give and receive appreciation, it's very important to you. The arts are also associated with Venus and having it in your 10th house could mean that a career where you can be creative would be good.

Having Mercury in the 10th house is also very positive, cause' it expresses success in the professional life but through hard work and effort. It also gives you a strong sense of individuality. It could also mean that you'll need freedom at your work place to be at your best. You could have a job with a strong position, be a good leader.

Also, having both of these planets in your 10th house indicates success with the public in your career.

Having Mars in the 10th house could mean that you have a great passion to get a unique place for you in social circle. You value courage and when faced with a challeging task, it brings the best out of you. Having Mars in the 10th house gives you a strong sense of independency and great leadership skills.

The Sun in your 10th house could mean that you have the urge to work towards a goal, the urge for success and accomplishment. You'd rather be the leader than receive orders from others, a career that allows you to take charge. You have an appetite for stability, respect and recognition from other people so having a job in the public would be good.

Hmmm!! Wow, I gathered a lot of info and it was very interesting :biggrin:!! Yes, I think a job where you could be a leader (or vice leader) or work in the public eye would suit you. But I think it also depends on what you enjoy best :tongue:. You said before that you love fiction as well so maybe being a writer could be a great option too knowing that you have Venus in the 10th house and have great chances of success with the public. I'm sorry if any of this is incorrect, I'm quite the beginner at this but hope I helped a bit :).

Last edited:

haidee

Thanks sweetcherry. :joyful:
Pretty much all of it sounds about right. After reading these interpretations I thought back to one my psychology classes in High School where I was taught that in every group you often find:
the leader, the active, the collaborators, the passive and the dissenters (scapegoat).
The active share views and opinions with the leader, taking responsibility, decisions and leads them into practice.
When I was younger I used to play a guild game online where I had this position, and I loved the game just because of my position in the guild, haha. Didn't matter that I was bad at the rest of it. :lol: So, I guess that's the kind of role I want to have in whatever work environment I end up at. :)

About the writing part... I actually thought about it once. However, I realised that I'm probably too impatient in the sense of making it a full time job, and that I'm happiest finding/gathering information rather than creating. :) I'll stick to reading for pleasure, but maybe I'll write something, someday, just for the hell of it.
Thanks, I appreciate it. :p

Thanks sweetcherry. :joyful:
Pretty much all of it sounds about right. After reading these interpretations I thought back to one my psychology classes in High School where I was taught that in every group you often find:
the leader, the active, the collaborators, the passive and the dissenters (scapegoat).
The active share views and opinions with the leader, taking responsibility, decisions and leads them into practice.
When I was younger I used to play a guild game online where I had this position, and I loved the game just because of my position in the guild, haha. Didn't matter that I was bad at the rest of it. :lol: So, I guess that's the kind of role I want to have in whatever work environment I end up at. :)

About the writing part... I actually thought about it once. However, I realised that I'm probably too impatient in the sense of making it a full time job, and that I'm happiest finding/gathering information rather than creating. :) I'll stick to reading for pleasure, but maybe I'll write something, someday, just for the hell of it.
Thanks, I appreciate it. :p

You're welcome :lol:!! And great!! Glad to know all these answers helped you :smile:.

JUPITERASC

I was wondering if anyone would try to interpret what career paths I have considered by looking at my chart, and maybe also tell me what would suit me? I tend to read my chart over and over, lol,

the 4 planets in my 10th house confuses me...

So I would like to know other people's interpretation. :)

Regarding confusion related to four planets in 10th HOUSE :smile:

The fact is, the HOUSE location of a natal planet can change,
dependent on the HOUSE SYSTEM chosen

easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
where fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use are available options

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

'...In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses".
There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable
and so a planet in the SIGN of Aries was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries,
so that in effect there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope,
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed or confused as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites, for example,
were definite power points or areas of intense focus,
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant. ....'

JUPITERASC

You may find less confusion if you use Whole Sign Houses for an initial assessment :smile:

Using whole sign houses then
You have two planets Venus and Mars in 10th Sign Gemini

and

two planets Mercury and the Sun in 9th Sign Cancer