Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background

Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background Here you are welcome to tell us as much or as little about yourself as you please while also talking about your interest in astrology: we would love to get to know you! Please do not post requests for astrological chart readings or astrological advertisements here.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:28 PM

Salutations

So, I didn't do this part yet.

Lesee . . . I've been dabbling, for lack of a better word, with astrology for quite awhile. I read some posts after I started studying a bit more earnestly this summer and then when I got to the part where I realized what was going on with me in terms of planetary transits and their apparent potential to destroy my life (or at the very least affect it) I joined because I needed more articulate conversations about astrology than I can easily get in my immediate vicinity.

Puto is in the process of unmaking (and with a little luck remaking) me. So I naturally started on the appropriate transits threads. For anyone who is going through or will go through Pluto conjuncting the Sun or MC in Capricorn soon, good luck- and buckle a seatbelt if you got one, or something. I swear the Venus, Mercury and Juno conjunctions were not nearly as crushing. Might be specific to certain natal chart features though, like if the planets are on one end of a kite? Or if Pluto goes retro just to hang out over an MC/Sun conjunction for a few months? Or if Ixion and Pholus both cross Neptune while Isis conjuncts Eros, maybe . . . That seems like it might factor in.

I did have a couple sessions with a professional here a few months back, and met a few more during an astrology conference hosted by a spiritual-based group I am affiliated with here. I learned some very interesting things about astrology, and had a lot of my perceptions and experiences confirmed. I also was repeatedly called "alien" or other similar labels. An interesting take on my chart. . . It really motivated me to investigate further, so here I am.

I've been learning more and more, in my scattered kind of way, and I hope soon I will start really checking out the beginners board, since I have a way of jumping to the end of things and going backwards, or the middle and out, or something. Retrograde planets? I wonder. Gemini moon? Well that's obvious. So many words. . .

Um, what else . . . 32 years in the current Human Male body, like moonlight and seeing the stars due to relative lack of air/light pollution, music, and jumping in the river when it's hot out, dislike cities of almost any persuasion, industrial noise, and intentional or enforced ignorance. interested in esoterics, martial arts, consciousness in general, a musician and artist by nature (choice seems to have little to do with it, really), practice Reiki, Shiatsu, and some Traditional Chinese Medicine (although money has in the past normally come from construction or housepainting)- currently I'm bordering on obsessed with Astrology.

Born in Alaska, live in Alaska, my friends in Europe and Central America, and some in the States say I'm not fit for anywhere else, "raised by wolves", they say. Well, you can take the wolf outta the woods, not so sure about the other thing.

Oh, and people tell me I'm awful wordy.

Since I've already posted charts elswhere, I might as well do it again.

equal.jpg

This is equal house, a lot of people find placidus hard to look at with my chart. I've got an inkling it's important to look at it both ways, perhaps simultaneously. I wonder about whole sign houses . . .

I put the asteroids in just cuz they make such great geometry, and chiron especially seems important.

There is some question over whether this is my exact birth time, as no one knows precisely. It makes a huge difference in this case since 10 minutes either way changes a whole ascendant and results in a very different story. The astrologer I've worked with thinks it has to be before 12, He liked 11:55ish, something about Uranus on the descendant.

Just to make things more interesting, I was born a couple months prematurely, so it was a quick affair, but if it took forty minutes- starting at 11:23, labour would have started with Aquarius rising, and finished with Taurus. Have fun with that

I look forward to reading and typing even more extensively in the future. My gratitude to everyone.
kc

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:55 PM

Re: Salutations

From one Premmie baby to another......Welcome Puca. What an interesting intro you shared! Of course being 'obsessed" with astrology is a prerequisite for joining the forum - you passed the test
Fear is the one thing that stops people from living a great life, and collecting all the experience that they possibly can. And many of us build castles around us that we think will keep the threat out. All it does in reality is lock our potential in - Geoff Thompson

Tags
salutations