Is this a KITE?

HeyPlayGirl

hi guys
would this be considered a kite? it looks off, and doesn't have an opposition..would it be a grand trine? thanks in advance

Attachments

• mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 56

freedomlover

hi guys
would this be considered a kite? it looks off, and doesn't have an opposition..would it be a grand trine? thanks in advance

Eh? Sort-of, maybe... :sideways:

I don't even know about the grand trine. That trine from Jupiter rx in Scorpio to Mercury in Cancer has a 10 degree orb. That's too wide for a trine, imo.

But IF you would count that as a grand trine, it looks like a kite to me. BUT, it's been a long time since I studied anything about them. Dhundun's remark about opposition sounded vaguely familiar. If opposition is needed, then Jupiter Rx in Scorpio and Venus in Taurus should be in opposition - and they have an 11 degree orb - much too wide, again, imo.

katydid

The essence of the grand trine is there, but the mercury/jupiter trine is pretty wide. But the feeling of having a water grand trine is present. And the mercury/uranus trine is very nice. That adds a lot of intelligence and quick perceptive skills, and the ability to assess situations quicky and correctly. Especially given the 3rd and 7th houses. His ability to communicate effectively and appropriately will get him far in the world. :wink:

Having his moon trining the sun/[asc/pluto] opposition is wonderful because it will help him release that power effectively and beneficially. He will have self confidence.

And if I were reading this chart, to look at his perception of his mom, I would see something pretty nice. His moon/neptune conjunction has some very nice supporting aspects. So altho he sees and senses that his mom [ moon conjunct neptune] is pretty susceptible to her heavy emotional influences, he is very protective and loving towards her, and he feels her tremendous love for him. That is great and i am happy for you.:whistling:

HeyPlayGirl

thanks for all the replies!

yes it didn't seem to fit as a kite to me nor a grand trine but i like the idea of him still having the feeling and flow of one!

@katydid, thanks for adding how he will feel towards me :love:
he has moon square venus in his birthchart and i read a lot of people commenting that they had strained relationships with their mother and it definitely worried me!! also you're right about the sun/moon trine, (your'e right about everything though!)because i have my sun square to my moon and i'm a wreck haha

Last edited:

katydid

yes it didn't seem to fit as a kite to me nor a grand trine but i like the idea of him still having the feeling and flow of one!

he has moon square venus in his birthchart and i read a lot of people commenting that they had strained relationships with their mother and it definitely worried me!! also you're right about the sun/moon trine, (your'e right about everything though!)because i have my sun square to my moon and i'm a wreck haha

Yes, I am sure you will get on his nerves. But he also has moon trine the sun and sextile the asc/pluto, so those will be stronger. The square to venus will show he will have some issues, and see you as annoying perhaps, but it is not a horrible, insurmountable aspect.

since katyd has done the positives, I will focus on possible negative with this chart. His moon/Neptune is overidealistic and causes confused emotions connected to mum and his emotions. Although with sun trine moon the parents were well suited, conj neptune causes the emotional boundaries to be blurred, square to venus is typical stress from childhood connected to mum

The kite question I feel is yes, but week kite cos it's missing the opposition http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kite_aspect
http://cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html

Mercury Quincunx (Inconjunct) Neptune

Lots of time and effort can be wasted when you plan on things that are way out of reach. Your imagination and ideals serve you well when you are careful to keep the sequence of essential happenings in mind and accept your own idiosyncrasies. Be careful you don't promise more to others than you can deliver. Self-honesty is not easy but it is essential in order to develop.
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

IF the time is correct, venus is quincunxed Asc ruler of MC and conj 6th house cusp. This may suggest at times venus in taurus (has nothing in common with Saggi) may act in ways that are not condusive to Sagg. Venus is square Neptune =romantic disillusionment. Saggi always wants freedom independence, restless, changeable (mutable) always jovial extrovert. Venus is taurus, wants stability, reliability, practical, grounded doesn't like change....so internally may feel (venus) at odds with how others perceive his actions Asc

Pluto opp sun may suggest a problem with father from childhood. If the time is correct age 4 using solar arcs then, did someone die? move house?

BOOGY99

i have a kite in my chart, is this considered lucky?
i have read that there are both positive and negitive and you need the opp to trigger the grand trine x

Ekim86

The kite configuration would indicate talent. However if one doesnt utalize the driving force of the opposition then this talent can be easily wasted considering that the easier aspects can create to much ease. For example, my father has a kite in his chart (with the opposition also) and the man is great with engines and anything mechanical really. He was 8 years old fixing small engines. Pretty advanced I would say. He really could have alot better job imo but is content with the "hard work for a decent pay" lifestyle. (He's got a stellium in the 6th) Routine, routine. Dont really think he utalized his oppositon. There is talent of course but I feel he could of taken it alot further.

From what I understand, Idrew, close but no cigar. The foundation for a kite must be a Grand trine, and your Mercury is too far out to trine with your Uranus.

I attatched my daughter's chart which shows a kite formation. You can see the grand trine in the fire signs, with an oppositon that runs through one of the points. This forms sextiles at the opposite side of the grand trine. HTH!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_07_anonymous_he_69645_30708.jpg
    astro_2gw_07_anonymous_he_69645_30708.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 30

HeyPlayGirl

@astrologer50
thank you for more insight on his chart. i'm really glad about the sun trine moon, his father and i would argue almost daily until my son was 2 so we decided to separate, things are a million times better for my son, he has a happy father to go to and a happy mother to come home to, so i think thats the trine. right now he is a little over 3 but i was really hoping by the time he started school (when he turns 4 next yr) that he and i would move together to a new city a few hours away (all depends if i get a job! one of the reasons why i'm obssessed with career questions lately lol) so i'm not sure if someone will die then but maybe me and my son moving away from his father will affect him. could this be it? right now i live with my mom and he is VERY attached to her, just as much as me&his dad so maybe it could mean us moving away from her? his father just moved to our city less than a year ago. and things were fine when he didnt live here, he woudl drive down every other weekend so i assumed it would be ok when we moved away from him but i dont know. i was pretty set on suicide not long ago so i always thought the moon square venus was because i didnt expect to be here so thats where his negative feeligns of me woudl come from. i hope he has a good life.

since katyd has done the positives, I will focus on possible negative with this chart. His moon/Neptune is overidealistic and causes confused emotions connected to mum and his emotions. Although with sun trine moon the parents were well suited, conj neptune causes the emotional boundaries to be blurred, square to venus is typical stress from childhood connected to mum

The kite question I feel is yes, but week kite cos it's missing the opposition http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kite_aspect
http://cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html

Mercury Quincunx (Inconjunct) Neptune

Lots of time and effort can be wasted when you plan on things that are way out of reach. Your imagination and ideals serve you well when you are careful to keep the sequence of essential happenings in mind and accept your own idiosyncrasies. Be careful you don't promise more to others than you can deliver. Self-honesty is not easy but it is essential in order to develop.
http://cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

IF the time is correct, venus is quincunxed Asc ruler of MC and conj 6th house cusp. This may suggest at times venus in taurus (has nothing in common with Saggi) may act in ways that are not condusive to Sagg. Venus is square Neptune =romantic disillusionment. Saggi always wants freedom independence, restless, changeable (mutable) always jovial extrovert. Venus is taurus, wants stability, reliability, practical, grounded doesn't like change....so internally may feel (venus) at odds with how others perceive his actions Asc

Pluto opp sun may suggest a problem with father from childhood. If the time is correct age 4 using solar arcs then, did someone die? move house?

Last edited:

katydid

Can someone please tell me if my chart pattern is also a kite.

It WOULD be if the Mars was trining the Venus. But that is a minor aspect of 135 degrees , not 120 for a trine.

Your chart pattern is a bucket to the mars, as it's handle. That makes your Mars very important. Is your time of birth correct? Noon makes it seem like it is a guess, not an accurate birth time however.
Either way, mars will be the handle, we just don't know which house it would fall in.

Idrew

Hi Katydid, I always felt that mars was an important planet for me. I am not sure of my birth time, thats why I use 12:00 noon. Is a Bucket good?

BOOGY99

astro_2gw_03_diane_hp.56589.19912.gif
now wondering if mine is a kite as there is a gap in the sextile with sun sextile mars and pluto sextile neptune? does anybody know x

katydid

astro_2gw_03_diane_hp.56589.19912.gif
now wondering if mine is a kite as there is a gap in the sextile with sun sextile mars and pluto sextile neptune? does anybody know x

A kite by definition is a GRAND TRINE, where one of the planets in the GTrine, have an opposition. You will know it when you see it because it looks just like a triangular kite, with the stick down the middle.

You have one in your chart with the opposition to Pluto from Jupiter. It doesn't really matter if the sextiles are exact.