Can you see learning disabilities in a chart?

Moma

I never wanted to enroll my daughter in public school. I wanted to homeschool. But when my super stubborn Taurus DBL Scorpio :w00t: was resistant to learning with me, I gave in and enrolled her. She is resistant to learning with them, too. Online school in first grade is frustrating, to put it mildly. But now they want to screen her for dyslexia, and I'm not willing to put labels on my six year old. Labels that could limit her and effect her life. I'm open to doing the screening, but am considering giving home school another try.
I've been studying astrology for over a decade. I try to avoid reading my daughter's chart, for the same reason I don't want to put labels on her. I keep in mind how best to communicate with her and how she might interpret me.
I'm attaching both our charts for consideration.
Anything and everything you have to say is appreciated.

Attachments

• 75784BD0-EE99-4F25-9AA6-0AA4ECA202CC.jpg
    75784BD0-EE99-4F25-9AA6-0AA4ECA202CC.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 4FB2D909-4B6B-4A0B-BF1F-D542AAED210B.jpg
    4FB2D909-4B6B-4A0B-BF1F-D542AAED210B.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 24

waybread

Mama, please reconsider your priorities. A well-run school is also a place where kids learn to socialize and make friends. They have types of enrichment that the typical home cannot provide.

If your child has dyslexia, a well-run school will offer her specialized instruction in reading. Unless you have those special ed qualifications yourself, you could penalize your daughter if she struggles with basic literacy. Dyslexia is not somehow a negative stereotype unless you choose to make it so. If she's got it, it's not going to somehow vanish just because you "don't like labels." It's best that she gets the best, most professional instruction available so that she can learn to read properly.

Depending upon where you live, there may be accessible schools designed with alternative learning models.

You don't mention if her dad is in the picture.

Mercury rules reading, writing, thinking and communicating. You daughter has Mercury in Gemini. It is very strong because Mercury rules the sign of Gemini. (domiciled) I don't think there is anything wrong with her intelligence. Quite the contrary. I think she's bright.

But her intelligence seems to be of a special kind. I'm familiar with the chart of another person who also has Mercury in Gemini conjunct vertex. I think he's brilliant, and has some psychic abilities (6th sense, second sight.) I cannot say that your daughter has this gift, but it's something to cultivate with love, grounding, and care if she does.

Second sight seems to run in families. I note your moon conjunct vertex, and wonder if it has been part of your life.

I imagine your daughter is now a bit of a handful, with her grand cross (joined squares and oppositions involving Jupiter, Mars, Pluto and Venus-Uranus.) I don't think it's a question of home-schooling vs. school, because she may need to act out wherever she is. I hope she's getting enough physical exercise to discharge a lot of the grand square's tension.

I've also been pitching school because if I compare your two charts, your paired suns and moons are squared; so you're bound to get a fair bit of tussle from your daughter simply in the course of being her parent.

Your daughter is what I would call an "8th chord" person. Mercury and Vertex in the 8th house; ascendant, moon and Saturn in Scorpio, and a "kite" formation pointing to Pluto in the third house of thinking and communication. I think this child will want to go very deep with her learning. And for that she's going to want to overcome dyslexia, if that's what she's got.

It will be important to bolster her self-confidence. People with Mars retrograde and moon conjunct Saturn often struggle with self-esteem issues.

Possibly people put negative labels on you when you were younger, and you (understandably) hated it. I don't think that's the issue with your daughter, however.

Last edited:

Moma

Thank you for your Insight. I learn so much from her. Patience is the big lesson. Just wish she weren't so resistant to me. I can see how self esteem might become an issue. I'm very aware of the effects I might be inflicting. Everything down to putting on socks to go outside becomes a challenge. I feel like I have to climb mountains to get through to her. Damage is inevitable.
Regarding second sight, when she was a baby, she would sometimes wake up & it felt like I was in bed with a stranger. Her eyes would be dilated and she felt like a completely different person. She would go back to sleep. It only happens occasionally now. More frequent when she was an infant.
I meditate around her and offer techniques I think she might find useful. I don't force it. Only make it available.
I would love to explore those aspects of her, whenever she is open to it.
Being forced to isolate has been difficult for us.

Again, thanks for your time.