Could I be an actress?

strkst

Hi there. I have always wanted to be an actress since I was a little girl. My family and friends and my theater teacher all thought I was talented at it but I never felt like I was good enough. It is my secret dream >.< and I am now realizing if I never even give it a shot it's very silly.
Is there anything in my chart or aspects that would incline me to be an actress or to be successful in that area?

astro_2gw_01_m_24476_48770.gif

And here are my aspects:
Pluto Conjunction AS Orb 0°29'
Saturn Conjunction Uranus Orb 1°27'
Saturn Conjunction Neptune Orb 7°40'
Uranus Conjunction Neptune Orb 9°07'
Jupiter Opposite AS Orb 5°49'
Jupiter Opposite Pluto Orb 6°18'
Sun Opposite Moon Orb 9°02'
Sun Square Neptune Orb 3°27'
Mercury Square Uranus Orb 4°05'
Moon Square Mars Orb 4°49'
Pluto Square MC Orb 5°07'
Mercury Square Saturn Orb 5°32'
Venus Trine Mars Orb 1°59'
Jupiter Trine Saturn Orb 3°08'
Sun Trine MC Orb 3°26'
Jupiter Trine Neptune Orb 4°32'
Jupiter Trine Uranus Orb 4°35'
Mercury Sextile Mars Orb 0°31'
Neptune Sextile AS Orb 1°17'
Neptune Sextile Pluto Orb 1°46'
Mercury Sextile Venus Orb 2°31'
Moon Sextile MC Orb 5°36'
Venus Inconjunction Uranus Orb 1°34'
Sun Inconjunction Pluto Orb 1°41'
Sun Inconjunction AS Orb 2°10'
Sun SemiSquare Venus Orb 0°50'
Mercury SesquiQuadrate Pluto Orb 0°00'
Saturn SesquiQuadrate MC Orb 0°25'
Mercury SesquiQuadrate AS Orb 0°30'
Uranus SesquiQuadrate MC Orb 1°01'
Moon BiQuintile Venus Orb 0°48'
Neptune BiQuintile MC Orb 0°53'

thank you for taking a look :love:

Zarathu

Account Closed
What do you consider to be success in acting? That is a key. Of course you can be an actress. Most playhouses are begging for people. The question is what YOU mean by this actress thing.

You want a major starring roll in Hollywood? You want to be on Broadway?
You want to become a house hold face in commercials like FLO in the Prorgessive Insurance commercials(Actress Stephanie Courtney, who has been in much much more(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Courtney) before getting the insurance gig)?

Last edited:

athenian200

Hi!

Just from reading your posts, I can tell you seem to have a certain sincerity and sweetness about you that's fairly appealing. I can't imagine too many people would dislike you.

Anyway, let's see. I'm just going to look for general indications of fame.

You have a Scorpio Ascendant conjunct Pluto, which implies that you give off a kind of intensity and are capable of transforming how you come across to others. That's probably good for acting.

You have a Leo Midheaven, which implies that your career/image will have a lot to do with show and status. That seems good for fame.

Also, you have a Sun in Aries in the 5th house, which indicates a certain boldness when it comes to creative pursuits. Seeing that the ruler of the 10th is in the 5th, it also implies that your work will involve creativity. That could definitely indicate an acting career.

You have Jupiter in the 6th house, which is related to work. It implies that you'll be drawn to find opportunities for growth and expansion through your work, that your work will be imbued with a sense of purpose.

Finally, you have Venus in your 7th house, which could make you somewhat appealing/attractive to others.

I would guess that the reason you're self-conscious about your desire to act is because the Moon is in the 12th house, and that probably inclines you to hide your true emotions or desires at times.

Your chart is very interesting... I was born just 36 hours earlier than you, in a different city. It looks very similar to mine, but with the houses in different positions. Amazing what a difference that makes.

Last edited:

strkst

I want to at least try and be in some local student films or in a local stage play.
But ideally I would really like to be playing strong, dramatic female roles in movies. Femme fatales, science fiction/fantasy, lots of intense emotional films too. I am really inspired by Eva Green's choices in roles, Helena Bonham-Carter, Natalie Portman in Black Swan, Zone Saldana, Rooney Mara in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc. I would love to play a villain or someone out for revenge like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. That would be my ultimate dream.
I feel like I have a lot of that energy to exorcise in an artistic way.
I know that being in huge hollywood movies is a really hard thing to do but I feel like if I don't at least try I'll be disappointed in myself for the rest of my life.

athenian200

But ideally I would really like to be playing strong, dramatic female roles in movies. Femme fatales, science fiction/fantasy, lots of intense emotional films too. I am really inspired by Eva Green's choices in roles, Helena Bonham-Carter, Natalie Portman in Black Swan, Zone Saldana, Rooney Mara in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc. I would love to play a villain or someone out for revenge like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. That would be my ultimate dream.

Those sound like perfect roles for your Scorpio ascendant. :joyful:

Becoming an actor is fairly easy... there are lots of bit parts even in major movies. The hard part is being "discovered" by someone who will cast you in a role that people will remember. Once you get that first "big break" and people know your name/face, getting subsequent roles is easier.

You don't seem like the type of person to get swept under the rug easily, though. I suspect you have a decent chance of being famous.

By the way, your username makes me think of the phrase "star-kissed." Was that intentional, or a coincidence?

strkst

Hi!

Just from reading your posts, I can tell you seem to have a certain sincerity and sweetness about you that's fairly appealing. I can't imagine too many people would dislike you.
oh thank you!! i try to get along.....moon in libra :p

Anyway, let's see. I'm just going to look for general indications of fame.

You have a Scorpio Ascendant conjunct Pluto, which implies that you give off a kind of intensity and are capable of transforming how you come across to others. That's probably good for acting.
I usually change my hair color every other month [blue/purple/pink] and everyone says I am a chameleon!

You have a Leo Midheaven, which implies that your career/image will have a lot to do with show and status. That seems good for fame.
I do have Lilith hanging out in Leo in the 10th too...good for playing a femme fatale??

Also, you have a Sun in Aries in the 5th house, which indicates a certain boldness when it comes to creative pursuits. Seeing that the ruler of the 10th is in the 5th, it also implies that your work will involve creativity. That could definitely indicate an acting career.
My node is in the 5th house too! But in Pisces. I'm going to have to look up more of the ruler of the 10th in the 5th house.

You have Jupiter in the 6th house, which is related to work. It implies that you'll be drawn to find opportunities for growth and expansion through your work, that your work will be imbued with a sense of purpose.
I definitely feel like I HAVE to do it or else I won't be able to live with myself for not even trying.

Finally, you have Venus in your 7th house, which could make you somewhat appealing/attractive to others.
Oh goodness I sure hope so! I think I am going to upload a picture of myself on here too maybe you guys can tell me what planetary influences are visible in my appearance? :kissing:
I would guess that the reason you're self-conscious about your desire to act is because the Moon is in the 12th house, and that probably inclines you to hide your true emotions or desires at times.
That is probably one of my least favorite parts of my chart :/ That with Sun square Neptune, Moon square Mars.
Your chart is very interesting... I was born just 36 hours earlier than you, in a different city. It looks very similar to mine, but with the houses in different positions. Amazing what a difference that makes.

Wow!! That seems like a lot of stuff going on! I wonder if there is anything in my 2nd house that would say anything about acting? Second house is Sag turning into Capricorn with Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune all in Capricorn.

I would love to see your chart too! Do you find being born in the week of the child describes you? I feel like it does for me and everyone I seem to meet in that week too.
Thank you so much for taking a look ^_^

strkst

Those sound like perfect roles for your Scorpio ascendant. :joyful:

Becoming an actor is fairly easy... there are lots of bit parts even in major movies. The hard part is being "discovered" by someone who will cast you in a role that people will remember. Once you get that first "big break" and people know your name/face, getting subsequent roles is easier.

You don't seem like the type of person to get swept under the rug easily, though. I suspect you have a decent chance of being famous.

By the way, your username makes me think of the phrase "star-kissed." Was that intentional, or a coincidence?

Oh gosh I am blushing over here !!!! I really hope that can happen....I do have Jupiter trine Uranus so maybe I could get a big break :D I am going to try and take some acting classes soon [I haven't had any since high school] and work on some headshots maybe....plus I live in Orange County which is very close to Hollywood.

And yes my username is supposed to be that! Weirdly enough the name just popped into my head one day.

Here are a couple pictures of me, I wonder if it lines up with how my chart describes me. I think I might be a shape shifter!! :cool:
strkst.jpg

thank you again for taking a look at my chart!!

athenian200

oh thank you!! i try to get along.....moon in libra :p

Hehe, I know what you mean. I have that placement too.

I usually change my hair color every other month [blue/purple/pink] and everyone says I am a chameleon!
That's good, being aware of how to manage different looks is a useful skill for an actress.

I do have Lilith hanging out in Leo in the 10th too...good for playing a femme fatale??
Oh, certainly. I just tend to focus on the major planets first. Some people don't believe in stuff like Lilith or the Nodes. I do, though. I think it helps emphasize your 10th house.

My node is in the 5th house too! But in Pisces. I'm going to have to look up more of the ruler of the 10th in the 5th house.
Yeah, house rulerships are the best thing to learn next after understanding the signs, planets, and houses in general. They can certainly be interesting.

I definitely feel like I HAVE to do it or else I won't be able to live with myself for not even trying.
A strong feeling like that is usually your gut telling you what to do. I would trust it, regardless of what the chart says. Although, everything I've seen in the chart supports rather than contradicts your feelings.

Oh goodness I sure hope so! I think I am going to upload a picture of myself on here too maybe you guys can tell me what planetary influences are visible in my appearance? :kissing:
I don't know if it would help us read your chart, but I imagine Venus would be prominent. You carry yourself in a way that seems more typical of cute or stylish women that project a lot of Venus qualities. Even down to the way you use emoticons.

That is probably one of my least favorite parts of my chart :/ That with Sun square Neptune, Moon square Mars.
Yeah, that Sun square Neptune is in my chart too. It seems to keep me lost in my thoughts rather than realizing my dreams. :/ My moon is squared by Saturn instead of Mars, though.

Wow!! That seems like a lot of stuff going on! I wonder if there is anything in my 2nd house that would say anything about acting? Second house is Sag turning into Capricorn with Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune all in Capricorn.
Yeah, those three planets are all in Capricorn. Saturn in the 2nd house implies you might have difficulty with finances, or that you may have anxiety about your ability to provide for yourself. It might also lead you focus too much on money or practical matters while forgetting what's important. Particularly with Neptune there, you have to worry about being led astray by a natural tendency to focus too much on your possessions and the material life, while forgetting what's actually important to you.

Uranus there basically means that this area of your life is subject to change, ups and downs. You may shatter illusions from time to time, or have a lot of money one week and struggle to get by the next. That is actually another sign of an actress. Acting isn't always steady work, so you might to challenged to accept living with an unreliable income source while taking life one day at a time. But I believe it's something you're expected to deal with.

I would love to see your chart too! Do you find being born in the week of the child describes you? I feel like it does for me and everyone I seem to meet in that week too.
Thank you so much for taking a look ^_^
Do you mean that poem about Friday's child and children born on other days of the week? Yeah, I do find it interesting and relevant.

http://i.imgur.com/0oisrCW.gif

There it is, if you want to take a look. Anything look familiar? LOL.

Oh, and I just saw your images before I posted this... I definitely see the Pluto and Venus influences here. It comes together quite nicely. You definitely can pull off a large enough variety of looks to be cast in a variety of roles. I think that will help you a lot.

strkst

What!!!!!!! We are practically twins!!!! At least for the planets lol.

I noticed we both have north node pisces but your house is my south!
How is that like for you?
Yesterday I was listening to north node in 5th house which is like north node in Leo and it said someone that has their node in the 11th house has mastered expressing themselves/having fun and letting go. Is that true for you?? You also have your sun there….Do you feel like you want to lead a group of people?

Also maybe this is TMI but I find having Venus in Taurus and Mars in Capricorn to be torturous at times because my libido is out of control :x am I alone here in that? hehe.

And oh man you are an 8th house person too. Have you ever had any psychic phenomena with Neptune in the 8th? I always imagine that would be a whopper. I have Chiron there which BLOWWWS.

How is it to have it in the 1st house? I would assume that it comes out or shows in a way? I feel like no one believes me or is surprised/confused when I am in pain, maybe because my Chiron and Moon are in hidden houses + Scorpio Ascendant?

My boyfriend is a Gemini rising too. I love that quality. So chatty and interesting.

I have the same feeling with my Sun square Neptune. Was your dad an alcoholic/unreliable? Mine was SUPER Neptunian….Alcoholic sailor who loved to be an extra in the movies :O Maybe he and your mom were kind of controlling with Saturn squaring both as well?

Lately the aspects [that are in both our charts…yeah this is a little bit eerie!] that I am most interested in is the Jupiter trine Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.

OH and what I meant by Week of the Child [I think maybe Gary Goldschneider coined it] is the week of Aries we are born in. Have you ever looked up Secret Language of Birthdays? It's online for free you can look yourself up and look up relationships too. Super interesting and VERY in depth. I think there is an app for it on the apple store too. But people born during the week of the child usually have some pretty tough childhoods and their main goal is to transcend their family of origin….I love my mom and dad [r.i.p.] but I want my life to be NOTHING like theirs, AT ALL.

Also I was reading something the other day saying the 10th and the 4th house describe mom and dad. Leo definitely describes my dad….I think he was a Leo Rising and he loved to be the center of attention. I have mostly pisces in my 4th house and that really makes me think of my mom-Pisces moon+ she was always a big victim in their relationship and it REALLY bothered me growing up and made me act very aggressive towards people that I thought were after me. But I've mellowed out now I promise! hehe

anyways thank you again for the reply and for looking at my post :love:

athenian200

What!!!!!!! We are practically twins!!!! At least for the planets lol.

I know, right?!

I noticed we both have north node pisces but your house is my south!
How is that like for you?

Yesterday I was listening to north node in 5th house which is like north node in Leo and it said someone that has their node in the 11th house has mastered expressing themselves/having fun and letting go. Is that true for you?? You also have your sun there….Do you feel like you want to lead a group of people?
Actually, I don't like leadership that much. I just seem to find people looking to me for leadership. Also, I always seem to find myself surrounded by people who are incredibly self-absorbed and who think they can just do whatever they want (particularly if they're given a little power). So I pretty much end up having to try and lead or rally people in order to bring about a good outcome. Otherwise, the thing in question slowly falls apart because of self-absorption, apathy, and greed.

Basically, I'm very idealistic and I seem to make a lot of friends in high places, despite feeling out of place among them.

Also maybe this is TMI but I find having Venus in Taurus and Mars in Capricorn to be torturous at times because my libido is out of control :x am I alone here in that? hehe.
I don't have that problem, but I definitely have other issues. Your Venus is well-placed in the 7th house of relationships. Venus is in its own sign, and in the 7th house... that's a really strong combination. It's probably also very close to Alcyone, a fixed star that I've heard has a lot of Venus energy on its own. Not to mention having a Mars-ruled Ascendant and Sun.

I, on the other hand, have Saturn in the 7th house and Venus in the 12th. That tones things down a little.

And oh man you are an 8th house person too. Have you ever had any psychic phenomena with Neptune in the 8th? I always imagine that would be a whopper. I have Chiron there which BLOWWWS.

How is it to have it in the 1st house? I would assume that it comes out or shows in a way? I feel like no one believes me or is surprised/confused when I am in pain, maybe because my Chiron and Moon are in hidden houses + Scorpio Ascendant?
I seem to have a natural aptitude for picking up on things that others don't. In fact, I often feel like it takes a lot of willpower for me to influence anything in the physical world, or to get anyone's attention. People seem to naturally ignore me. If I speak, most people tend to react as if I appeared out of nowhere.

I feel like I have strong aptitudes with engineering, computers, astrology, and many theoretical subjects... but I feel strangely cut-off from reality and unable to focus on it. Most astrologers, for instance, report that reading a chart is draining for them. That it takes a certain amount of focus and energy. For me, it's just like reading a book... but dealing with REAL LIFE or any kind of practical problem is as draining for me as trying to channel psychic energy would be for most people. Same thing goes for most techs and solving programming or technical problems. My mind is just attuned in such a way that the complex and simple are reversed for me.

It's almost like I have one foot in another dimension, and have almost as much trouble influencing the real world as a spirit or ghost. It's really strange.
My boyfriend is a Gemini rising too. I love that quality. So chatty and interesting.

I have the same feeling with my Sun square Neptune. Was your dad an alcoholic/unreliable? Mine was SUPER Neptunian….Alcoholic sailor who loved to be an extra in the movies :O Maybe he and your mom were kind of controlling with Saturn squaring both as well?
He wasn't an alcoholic, but he did leave my Mom for another woman when I was 3 (probably because she was from a wealthy family). He really didn't interact with me much, but he would always come over and try to put on a show, give me lots of expensive gifts, and then leave. Then, when I was 13, he forced me to come live with him because he found out I was being homeschooled. He somehow got me declared incompetent to appear in court, and then threatened to sue my Mom into the street if I didn't talk her out of fighting him. I had to agree to living with him until I was 18 in order to protect my Mom, and he put her thousands of dollars in debt. It's a long story.

Lately the aspects [that are in both our charts…yeah this is a little bit eerie!] that I am most interested in is the Jupiter trine Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
Those aspects? Well, it would mostly mean that good luck and growth can come from dealing with Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune issues. Jupiter and those other planets have an easy or friendly relationship rather than a contentious one. I see it as a sort of guarantee that whatever life throws at you, you'll learn something from it or find meaning it. Perhaps that's true for everyone, but I think it's especially true for us.

OH and what I meant by Week of the Child [I think maybe Gary Goldschneider coined it] is the week of Aries we are born in. Have you ever looked up Secret Language of Birthdays? It's online for free you can look yourself up and look up relationships too. Super interesting and VERY in depth. I think there is an app for it on the apple store too. But people born during the week of the child usually have some pretty tough childhoods and their main goal is to transcend their family of origin….I love my mom and dad [r.i.p.] but I want my life to be NOTHING like theirs, AT ALL.
Oh, I hadn't heard of that, but I'll be sure to look it up.

Also I was reading something the other day saying the 10th and the 4th house describe mom and dad. Leo definitely describes my dad….I think he was a Leo Rising and he loved to be the center of attention. I have mostly pisces in my 4th house and that really makes me think of my mom-Pisces moon+ she was always a big victim in their relationship and it REALLY bothered me growing up and made me act very aggressive towards people that I thought were after me. But I've mellowed out now I promise! hehe

anyways thank you again for the reply and for looking at my post :love:
I didn't have that problem with my Mom, but I did have a similar issue with my Grandma.

I definitely had problems with paranoia/aggression growing up. That was what my Dad used to have me declared insane/incompetent. Since I never want to be controlled by someone accusing me of insanity again, I'm now incredibly guarded and private in general. I just don't let myself show too much anger, or even put myself in situations that might bring out anger.

Last edited:

roz

Secretlanguage is the best! It's cool they have the day and path etc for each person and you can check the relationships between different people. I use that site all the time!

Btw, I also have north node in the 5th and I study film so that's interesting. I don't want to be an actress though.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I think you should tap into the 12th house moon energy, you could use it in acting. because your own emotions can be kind of a mystery sometimes, and that could give amazing depth to your performances and you might find it easy to absorb other people's feelings and act them out. Retreating to the 12th house to listen to your moon from time to time could help to understand your own complex vulnerability. Actors often find the place where it hurts the most and use that in their self-expression and I think the 12th house moon can be an amazing gift if you choose to see it that way. :)

strkst

Secretlanguage is the best! It's cool they have the day and path etc for each person and you can check the relationships between different people. I use that site all the time!
omg i go on it entirely too much >.< i compare my page with everyone's. and it's astonishing!!

Btw, I also have north node in the 5th and I study film so that's interesting. I don't want to be an actress though.
What sign is it in?! I find N node in Pisces 5th house to be super confusing....To lose your ego in the house of ego?! Interestingly enough in numerology my number is a 5 and my personality [lol like ascendant] is a 7. Have you looked yours up?

Anyway, I just wanted to say I think you should tap into the 12th house moon energy, you could use it in acting. because your own emotions can be kind of a mystery sometimes, and that could give amazing depth to your performances and you might find it easy to absorb other people's feelings and act them out. Retreating to the 12th house to listen to your moon from time to time could help to understand your own complex vulnerability. Actors often find the place where it hurts the most and use that in their self-expression and I think the 12th house moon can be an amazing gift if you choose to see it that way. :)
This....this I want to do! But.....like.....how?! Should I just be meditating a lot? I try to do it for about 10 minutes and it's super challenging but I will try some more!!! I would like to see it in a lovely light like that I am usually feeling overly confused and crazy over sensitive!!

Virinchi

Itsn't it a bit late already ??
Anyways, you should give it a try now...
Most of the successful life is coming between late 30s & early 40s.
Before that, it would be moderate success

strkst

I hope it's never too late for anyone to follow their dreams. I'm only 26 and not looking to be in the mickey mouse club or anything like that.
Not being successful until my 30s- 40 is actually good, is it because saturn is in my 2nd house?

roz

strkst,

What's your "name" on secretlanguage? Mine is "expressed double agent" which is just great.. :D I find the names they come up with simply amazing!

My nn is in sagittarius, my moon is also in sagittarius so i dont know, it's the same energy basically! I think my number is 9, i'm not sure though.

If you think about it, the 12th is under the neptune influence and neptune is associated with cinema, deception, illusions.. and your moon is not only ruled by venus but is also immersed in all of these wonderful concepts and if you can't put your feelings into words sometimes... how else are going to express and explore them if not with your face?? Meditating and trying to understand your own feelings is good but I'd also suggest you do some very basic improv that can also be a kind of like meditation.. pick an emotion, get a video camera and try to express that emotion with your face without any words. This is a good way to do something creative while also getting closer to understanding your inner workings. I suddenly remembered this(hope it inspires you)>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ38CcJ-2vw

You can move on from there. Maybe do scenes from films but give them your own interpretation. Don't think, just let your moon rage in hysterics.. it'll be great!

Virinchi, I don't get why it should ever be too late to become an actress. People seem to think about age only when it comes to women in films. Nobody seems to care what age the men are.

Last edited:

athenian200

People seem to think about age only when it comes to women in films. Nobody seems to care what age the men are.

Yeah, I don't think age should be a factor. I've also noticed that many actresses in their 60s or 70s still look like they're in their 30s. or 40s. Even in terms of appearance, it doesn't matter as much as it used to. They have quite the ability to restore youthful appearances in Hollywood.

roz

Yeah, I don't think age should be a factor. I've also noticed that many actresses in their 60s or 70s still look like they're in their 30s. or 40s. Even in terms of appearance, it doesn't matter as much as it used to. They have quite the ability to restore youthful appearances in Hollywood.

Yeah. But I think the problem with hollywood is really in the fact that they write all sorts of roles for men who are for example in their 50s..but not so much for women. The roles for women are mostly some 20-year-olds playing some hottie next to that 50-year-old man! and if there is one role for a 60-year-old woman, oops no MERYL STREEP GOT IT!

Virinchi

Virinchi, I don't get why it should ever be too late to become an actress. People seem to think about age only when it comes to women in films. Nobody seems to care what age the men are.

My post was about her horoscope only, not her age or about hollywood actresses age groups.