Why did he message me again?

Uttara1

I was supposed to go on a date with this guy, but confusion arose regarding time and travel which I think was due to the not so good communication between us so I backed out last minute.

He seemed hurt when he reached a week later and attempted to arrange another date at his fancy house but I suggested a public venue instead. He agreed but the conversation ended before a time and date was set as I wasn't sure how to respond to his final message which was a weird attempt at humor.

Yesterday he sent a jokey text out of the blue which I haven't responded to because I have no idea what his intentions are at this point lol.

Is he a sleazy time-waster who deserves a block or am I just not getting his sincere attempts?

2aafba23b921b6fb49ef15ca922ee9be.jpg

The Everqueen

Having a look at the receptions, it looks like he does like you - Moon is ruled by Venus, and receives Saturn in exaltation so I don't think he is messing you around. Sun is ruled by Mercury and has separated from a conjunction with it so he may have separated from someone recently. He probably messaged you because he really likes you!

IleneK

Premium Member
Two things:
While it looks like the two of you may meet [since you/Sat and he/Moon apply to a trine], you like him way more than he does you [based on the reception between you: with him/Moon being in the sign of your/Saturn's exaltation]. This reception is not reciprocated; he is much more neutral than you in this respect.
Second, I think he is in a relationship with and likes someone else, that indicated by Venus in his/7th house.

So if we can only pick between your two options, and he is trying to get you to come to his house while being involved with someone else, I guess I would say he may be a sleazy time waster.

Please update.

Last edited:

The Everqueen

Two things:
While it looks like the two of you may meet [since you/Sat and he/Moon apply to a trine], you like him way more than he does you [based on the reception between you: with him/Moon being in the sign of your/Saturn's exaltation]. This reception is not reciprocated; he is much more neutral than you in this respect.
Second, I think he is in a relationship with and likes someone else, that indicated by Venus in his/7th house.

So if we can only pick between your two options, and he is trying to get you to come to his house while being involved with someone else, I guess I would say he may be a sleazy time waster.

Please update.

Is this using reception the other way to how John Frawley uses it? This is where I get confused as I've seen it work many times using JF's way. Also why isn't Venus in the 7H the Querents other signficator as a woman looking for a 'mate'? After all she is enquiring about him.

IleneK

Premium Member
Is this using reception the other way to how John Frawley uses it? This is where I get confused as I've seen it work many times using JF's way. Also why isn't Venus in the 7H the Querents other signficator as a woman looking for a 'mate'? After all she is enquiring about him.

Hi, Everqueen.
Yes, I am is using reception the other way than Frawley does it. And just to tell you, I've seen remarkably accurate delineations with both methods. Some highly skilled member on the forum [of which I am not one :smile:] use Frawley. What I like about your delineation is that it is internally consistent and based on the methods you are working with.
So experiment and see which works best for you.

As to the designation of Venus, I can see your thinking. Somehow, when there is a planet other than the querent's primary significator or the Moon in the 7th, it often points to another person being in relationship with the quesited, especially if it is Venus in a 7th/man's house, or Mars in a 7th/woman's house.
That's my thinking on it.

The Everqueen

Hi, Everqueen.
Yes, I am is using reception the other way than Frawley does it. And just to tell you, I've seen remarkably accurate delineations with both methods. Some highly skilled member on the forum [of which I am not one :smile:] use Frawley. What I like about your delineation is that it is internally consistent and based on the methods you are working with.
So experiment and see which works best for you.

As to the designation of Venus, I can see your thinking. Somehow, when there is a planet other than the querent's primary significator or the Moon in the 7th, it often points to another person being in relationship with the quesited, especially if it is Venus in a 7th/man's house, or Mars in a 7th/woman's house.
That's my thinking on it.

I don't think I could do the receptions the other way it's a bit of a mind meld for me! lol

As I was taught to give the querent 1H, Moon and Venus if female then those planets belong to her. If the quesited is in conjunction with any other planet apart from those then that might involve a third party, but not always, it could be anything depending on the receptions and house it rules. I guess there are more than one way to skin a cat!!

From my corner I think it's a very positive chart. I think he really likes the querent and doesn't seem to be happy with her communication which he/Moon receives in detriment. The Moon is in the 8H and is suffering with fear/anxiety. That's my 10p's worth! :biggrin:

Uttara1

Two things:

Please update.

Unfortunately there will probably be no update as I won't be responding :unsure:.

The horary might tell another story but I'm choosing to follow my instincts instead and with Venus in the 7th (separated or ongoing), I'd rather not be anyone's rebound. Usually when someone's all in and has nothing to hide you never have to question their actions.

Thanks for the explanations though, I really learned a lot!

IleneK

Premium Member
Unfortunately there will probably be no update as I won't be responding :unsure:.
The horary might tell another story but I'm choosing to follow my instincts instead and with Venus in the 7th (separated or ongoing), I'd rather not be anyone's rebound. Usually when someone's all in and has nothing to hide you never have to question their actions.
Thanks for the explanations though, I really learned a lot!

And thank you for this update.
Wishing you the best,

IleneK

Premium Member
I don't think I could do the receptions the other way it's a bit of a mind meld for me! lol

As I was taught to give the querent 1H, Moon and Venus if female then those planets belong to her. If the quesited is in conjunction with any other planet apart from those then that might involve a third party, but not always, it could be anything depending on the receptions and house it rules. I guess there are more than one way to skin a cat!!

From my corner I think it's a very positive chart. I think he really likes the querent and doesn't seem to be happy with her communication which he/Moon receives in detriment. The Moon is in the 8H and is suffering with fear/anxiety. That's my 10p's worth! :biggrin:

I understand and appreciate your approach. I was also introduced to the fundamentals similar to what you describe. Then when you look at enough charts, you find that each has a unique story and the way it shows itself doesn't necessarily follow any particular set of rules exactly.
But again, the best way to learn is to follow what your experience shows you.

By the way, reception the way I elected to practice it was a major mind meld for me, too, at first.

Wishing both you and Uttara well,