Trines/Sextiles - Life wasting opportunities?

In my life I've had countless opportunities... it's like something bad happens, but right next a good opportunity shows.

However, I failed to fight for many of the opportunities that showed in my life. But then again, I don't know if I had the resources to grab these opportunities, or was it the will?
And I wonder if this could be from what I heard that "people with trines tend to waste opportunities, whereas others don't". Is this true, for me?

For example, first time I went into a school because it was like the default choice to take after leaving where I was, then it proved to not be a viable choice for a couple of reasons, also, I had some problems there.

So I tried escaping into another school/course, and had a really hard time adjusting. People were really different than what I was, and so I finished up adapting, after months, they became my friends and I had really good time with them. After 1 year and half on that school, I had some personal problems that caused me to quit. I was devastated, couldn't talk into anyone. Anyways, it doesn't matter. I got so embarassed I stoped talking to anyone there, and I had too many subjects left behind to get back at it anyways, it's just not a possibility anymore.

So once again, I'm left with another opportunity, to get into an even better school, if everything goes well. Which sounds like ANOTHER opportunity, if this turns out to become true. But I'm afraid I might waste this or don't take it too serious... or I just won't have conditions for this, like what forced me this time. Can you see anything on my chart that confirms this?

I've also been having some really harsh transits about my 10th house (career), so I'm aware that this could be the cause, but the opportunity "wasting" thing just keeps coming in other areas of life, like relationships. It's like, things don't work out, but something supposedly "better" comes after, my whole life been like this. I'm afraid I might lack strength to follow opportunities, but then again I don't feel like I can take them 100% because I don't have the required conditions to do so. It would be bad if this is the cause, because I'd hate to live knowing that many people need opportunities and I'm here throwing them like a retard.

My chart is below:

Attachments

• astro_245gw_01_mike_2015810.1994.3647.gif
    astro_245gw_01_mike_2015810.1994.3647.gif
    68.9 KB · Views: 35

Osamenor

Staff member
Most people have at least one trine in their chart, so there's almost no such thing as someone who doesn't have a trine. Certainly not enough people in the world without natal trines to make any sweeping generalization on differences between "people with trines" and "people without trines." You have some squares as well as trines, so it's not all easy aspects for you.

In my experience, squares are more likely to create wasted opportunities than trines. A square can make you spin your wheels endlessly and get nowhere, because one part of your psyche needs one thing and another part needs something entirely at odds. What a trine can do is make you lazy in the sense that something comes so naturally to you that you don't bother developing it further.

Example from my own life: I learned to read early and well, and when I had to take standardized tests at school, my reading level was always several grades above where I actually was. Well and good for reading interesting things... but I've never been able to read dry texts at all. Consequently, I couldn't be a science major in college, the texts were way too dry for me to get through. But a friend of mine who always had lots of trouble reading was a biology major, and she said her reading difficulty helped her get through the dry texts, because she'd learned to skim, highlight, and other kinds of tricks.

Regarding your school issues, I would think that's more a ninth house thing than a tenth house thing, or maybe it's a sixth house thing. Ninth house governs education, and sixth house governs day to day work: the kind of work you need to do, the kind of working environment you need, what you need the details of your daily life to look like. Both houses feed the tenth: tenth is about how we ultimately make our public reputation, including the kind of career you become known for eventually.

Since your sixth house cusp is in Sagittarius, it's likely that you need a daily environment in which you can have hands-on experiences and explore things and figure things out for yourself. Schools usually don't provide much of that, if they provide it at all. Could that perhaps be a reason why school has been so problematic for you?

graay ghost

Most people have at least one trine in their chart, so there's almost no such thing as someone who doesn't have a trine. Certainly not enough people in the world without natal trines to make any sweeping generalization on differences between "people with trines" and "people without trines." You have some squares as well as trines, so it's not all easy aspects for you.

In my experience, squares are more likely to create wasted opportunities than trines. A square can make you spin your wheels endlessly and get nowhere, because one part of your psyche needs one thing and another part needs something entirely at odds. What a trine can do is make you lazy in the sense that something comes so naturally to you that you don't bother developing it further.

I am not sure about the idea that a square will create more "wasted opportunities" versus a trine. Astrology blogger Jem Neal wrote an article on charts full of easy versus full of hard aspects here, and it was much easier to find people with no trines in their chart than no squares/oppositions among celebrities, celebrities being people who certainly did make the best of at least one opportunity :sideways:

First of all, thank you both for the repplies.

Example from my own life: I learned to read early and well, and when I had to take standardized tests at school, my reading level was always several grades above where I actually was. Well and good for reading interesting things... but I've never been able to read dry texts at all. Consequently, I couldn't be a science major in college, the texts were way too dry for me to get through. But a friend of mine who always had lots of trouble reading was a biology major, and she said her reading difficulty helped her get through the dry texts, because she'd learned to skim, highlight, and other kinds of tricks.

Regarding your school issues, I would think that's more a ninth house thing than a tenth house thing, or maybe it's a sixth house thing. Ninth house governs education, and sixth house governs day to day work: the kind of work you need to do, the kind of working environment you need, what you need the details of your daily life to look like. Both houses feed the tenth: tenth is about how we ultimately make our public reputation, including the kind of career you become known for eventually.

Since your sixth house cusp is in Sagittarius, it's likely that you need a daily environment in which you can have hands-on experiences and explore things and figure things out for yourself. Schools usually don't provide much of that, if they provide it at all. Could that perhaps be a reason why school has been so problematic for you?

I can identify with yourself and what you're saying, I learned maths and writting before I entered school with my family, and so when I started school I was way ahed of all the others knowing how to read perfectly and solving most math problems with an astonishing logic. I enjoyed school for the first 4 years of my life, but eventually, when I started growing and going in contact with other different people, I started caring less about it. That's when I rellied more on internet, television, and other people to discover things that I cared about in the world, and not what school wanted to teach me.

I think that indeed yes, that could be the reason. I am a very curious person and enjoy learning new things, but just not what most of school throws away to me, indeed I do my own research to learn (as I been for last months in astrology).
Like, my day-to-day life was pretty meaningless to me, I didn't enjoy what I was doing in school and just staying there kind of bothered me. By this time I started smoking and well my routine was pretty much live to the next day, go to school, get home (really tired), eat, bath, fall asleep and restart the same pain over and over (like I think it is for most people). Definitly a ****** 6th house routine haha.

When I look at my natal map it looks like it's a "good" one (because of all the trines and stuff), but the fact that I can't grab certain opportunities, or go through the pain that grabbing them includes, kinda bothers me, so I was wondering if this had anything to do with these "easy aspects". I don't want be an idiot who throws things away like I've said before, but I think we all fail to understand a lot of things about our own lives and beings (this is why astrology fascinastes me).

Off topic:

When you mentioned I have my sixth house cusp, I took a look at my chart and noticed that when there is a sign between the cusp of 2 houses, from what I read, the descriptions generally match the 2 houses for the same sign; example, I'm cancer ascendant and I can identify myself with Cancer asc traits, but when I took a look at Leo in 1st house AND Leo asc, I also feel like the description for it matches me even more than cancer ascendant. This also seems to be true with other signs; why haven't I heard anything about this on internet yet?

Slenkar

You have sun and venus conjunct saturn.

Sun doesnt get along with Saturn...at all...so a conjunction has some negative effects,
Venus represents money and relationships so these are adversely affected when it is conjunct Saturn, this is all going on in the tenth house.

Saturn has these negative effects only in the first half, or first third of life though,
you still have the same saturnine personality but the disappointments and failures dissipate eventually.

Jupiter is trining all three, which rescues you from these situations.

Your fluctuations with getting along with people reflect the jupiter trine and saturn conjunction with Venus.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

The transit of Uranus currently through your 10th H [life direction] shows the instability and lack of confidence you are experiencing relating to your path in life. Natal Uranus is strong in it's own sign, and joined with Jupiter can suggest that you do attract variable opportunities to you; it is the follow through that you seem to be lacking in, which could relate to the affliction between Mars and Uranus.
Afflicted Sun in Aries can be a deterrent to your urge for discovery and adventure, and Mars-Virgo shows a more restrictive energy expression, and hesitation to act, especially if you carry perfectionistic expectations of your self. Perhaps the parents set up unrealistic expectations of you emphasizing the value of success and responsibility, often the case with Moon in Capricorn.
The now waning transit of Uranus to natal Sun is often an important transitional phase for your personal development.
Also of note is the progression of your Sun to natal Mercury, showing a time of important mental development and growth. You are needing to recognize how your mental state at given times affects your external reality, through attitudes, perspectives and opinions developed through past experiences. Perhaps you are needing to identify the early childhood conditioning you experienced through the parents, as per the affliction between natal Sun and Moon indicating a difficult childhood.
With Mercury being strongly afflicted in the nativity, challenges on the mental level can be pronounced, showing the need for yielding appropriate control over the mind, rather than allowing the emotions to control your actions. Mercury with both Neptune and Uranus can relate to mental disruptions resulting from confusion, distortions of perception and instability, contributing to potential nerve disorders and illusory thought or other psychological complexes [connected with the 8th H.]
Just some thoughts for you to consider...

You have sun and venus conjunct saturn.

Sun doesnt get along with Saturn...at all...so a conjunction has some negative effects,
Venus represents money and relationships so these are adversely affected when it is conjunct Saturn, this is all going on in the tenth house.

Saturn has these negative effects only in the first half, or first third of life though,
you still have the same saturnine personality but the disappointments and failures dissipate eventually.

Jupiter is trining all three, which rescues you from these situations.

Your fluctuations with getting along with people reflect the jupiter trine and saturn conjunction with Venus.

Yeah, I don't really like Saturn... it's a pain in the butt...

The transit of Uranus currently through your 10th H [life direction] shows the instability and lack of confidence you are experiencing relating to your path in life. Natal Uranus is strong in it's own sign, and joined with Jupiter can suggest that you do attract variable opportunities to you; it is the follow through that you seem to be lacking in, which could relate to the affliction between Mars and Uranus.
Afflicted Sun in Aries can be a deterrent to your urge for discovery and adventure, and Mars-Virgo shows a more restrictive energy expression, and hesitation to act, especially if you carry perfectionistic expectations of your self. Perhaps the parents set up unrealistic expectations of you emphasizing the value of success and responsibility, often the case with Moon in Capricorn.
The now waning transit of Uranus to natal Sun is often an important transitional phase for your personal development.
Also of note is the progression of your Sun to natal Mercury, showing a time of important mental development and growth. You are needing to recognize how your mental state at given times affects your external reality, through attitudes, perspectives and opinions developed through past experiences. Perhaps you are needing to identify the early childhood conditioning you experienced through the parents, as per the affliction between natal Sun and Moon indicating a difficult childhood.
With Mercury being strongly afflicted in the nativity, challenges on the mental level can be pronounced, showing the need for yielding appropriate control over the mind, rather than allowing the emotions to control your actions. Mercury with both Neptune and Uranus can relate to mental disruptions resulting from confusion, distortions of perception and instability, contributing to potential nerve disorders and illusory thought or other psychological complexes [connected with the 8th H.]
Just some thoughts for you to consider...

Yes, indeed I have many self perfeccionist expectations... this could be a good minset, if it wasn't so extreme, if it didn't prevent me from trying sometimes and risking, because of the fear of failure.

My parents always put a lot of value, in some extent to success, but more to responsability, which for me, honestly at this point of the life just seems like a burden. The more responsabilities you get, the less time you have for yourself, the more consequences you have to carry, and generally the tradeoff for something better isn't much better, the way I see it now.

"The now waning transit of Uranus to natal Sun is often an important transitional phase for your personal development.
Also of note is the progression of your Sun to natal Mercury, showing a time of important mental development and growth."

Without a doubt, I don't even know myself anymore. I changed so much, it seems like it was needed to fend for myself in this jungle we live, but at the same help it's not helping much in other things, related to the opportunities I've talked about, relationships, path of life, etc. Seems more like a self-defensive attitude towards life that I've gained, which I didn't have before.

"You are needing to recognize how your mental state at given times affects your external reality, through attitudes, perspectives and opinions developed through past experiences. Perhaps you are needing to identify the early childhood conditioning you experienced through the parents, as per the affliction between natal Sun and Moon indicating a difficult childhood. With Mercury being strongly afflicted in the nativity, challenges on the mental level can be pronounced, showing the need for yielding appropriate control over the mind, rather than allowing the emotions to control your actions. Mercury with both Neptune and Uranus can relate to mental disruptions resulting from confusion, distortions of perception and instability, contributing to potential nerve disorders and illusory thought or other psychological complexes [connected with the 8th H.]"

Your post keeps surprising me. Indeed I am an extremelly emotional person who rellies rather on emotions than logic to choose people, and decisions in general. "If it doesn't feels right, don't do it".
After all these bad transits I've had last months/years and bad childhood experiences, and the feelings of failure (remember, I'm very self perfeccionist), "failing" like I keep failing because I just can't stick to one thing for whatever reason (something always keeps me away, looks like some "outside force", when it isn't my emotions telling me what to do), I fell on depression last few months, which led me to weird body symptoms through the body. I think these symptoms could be due to my mind being full of emotional pain, trash and garbage. I've always been healthy overall, I don't understand why now.

I also think I need a psychologist to consolidate past emotional traumas and bad experiences and heal them.
Maybe that can help me develop a better personality that will help me through the course of life? After all planets give us an insight about our personality, therefore they affect our destiny right?

I see trines and squares which at first sight, seems like it could provide me a promissing decent adult life, but at same time, the planets in signs that seem to be in "detriment", etc, seem to say that the way energies interact aren't very favourable (I don't know really know, I'm a novice, just my guess as well)
I don't know. I've always dreamed with success, love (through relationships and wealth) since my kid days. Since I'm so hard on myself, but tend not to show it, failing to be so someday, would be failing in life. I wanted to be a successful person and still want to, but the fog of my life experiences have been darkening the path to that place. Perhaps I just use too much imagination and life is what it is.
Perhaps I just don't know how to deal with things. But what defines how much a person can handle, or if they can deal with the challenges that go through their life, in their natal chart, or in life?

I'm very thankful for all the repplies :smile:

And your insights are very accurate and appreciated, kimbermoon :joyful:
I'll, definitly consider your thoughts on this.