Many Pluto contacts in synastry - any advise?

Hi All

Ive heard that pluto contacts in synastry are carmic. My questions would be if you can tell me if these synastry aspects are ok or too much? It all feels quite heavy to me - i love and hate him and it seems so difficult. Would that be resolved at some point or do these influences stay?

My Pluto in Libra:
opposite his Venus
opposite his Saturn
opposite his NN
opposite his Chiron
falls in his 9th house
square his ascendent
square his neptune

His Pluto in Virgo:
conjunct my Mars
conjunct my Jupiter
conjunct my Saturn
conjunct my Lilith
falls into my 5th house
square my ascendent

Composite Pluto:
opposite Sun
opposite Ascendent (we have a composite sun in the 1st house)
opposite Mercury
opposite Venus
oppsoite Chiron
conjucnt Vertex

I am not sure if this is many pluto contacts compared to others, but I have never ever met anyone like him. We see each other, have an amzing time, and then complete withdrawals for days or weeks or even months - its really draining. Do you tink he also feels this intensity?

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi Bina!

Thanks for your quick reply! Sure I can post this - not sure how to this though. Ill try to attach the page I got from astro. com

Please let me know if there is another way

thnaks very much!

Vista

For me personally, I just experienced a ton of Pluto contacts with my ex boyfriend. Mars conjunct Pluto is hot and one of my favorites. We also had Mars conjunct Jupiter both ways. We had Venus sextile Pluto and Venus square Pluto too. I really miss him and hope to have similar aspects again with someone. There is an obsessive quality with Pluto with the Pluto person having the upper-hand in the relationship. In this case, we had more of his Pluto contacting my planets than the reverse. And Yes, I am a little obsessed about him and have not been able to move on.

Bina

His Saturn/Venus/NN conjunction is conjunct your Venus and opp your Pluto. These aspects are close and could lead to power issues between you. He might feel unloved or unappreciated by you, you might feel restricted by him. Perhaps you can see very deeply into the hurt places in his psyche and need to be careful expressing your insights.

You have a grand cross in your chart, between Mercury opp Saturn/Lilith and Neptune opp Asc. His Pluto is closely square your Asc/Des and opp your Mercury, affecting your Grand Cross. This is a very complex pattern, he could equally see much about your inner workings..
Neptune on your Descendant may make you prone to illusions about the people you enter into relationships with, you might just not be able to see the other person very clearly..

So many strong Pluto aspects point to the relationship being a tool for transformation for you both and they will require great honesty, compassion and gentleness in dealing with each other, otherwise you might just blow each other to pieces..

Last edited:
Dear Vista and Bina

thank you very much for your replies -

Vista, good to see that there is sth good about Mars/Pluto.. :)

Bina

I think you might be right -

him feeling unappreciated: he always wants me to show more affection/call him more/tell him more about me etc. I am slow to open up though which makes it difficult for me as he asks for sth that I usually dont do in relationships, like initiating contact etc.

him seeing my inner patterns: he indirectly tells me stories about friends or family where there are power issues and how we would handle them - one could directly relate those to our situation and I feel he indirectly implies and wants to tell me how I am supposed to act.. which pressures me and makes me feel uncomfortable - somehow I feel we are both insecure being with and talking to each other and this really does not help... it is weird but from my last relationship (I got cheated on) I promised myself to be very careful and that I wont do any initiating anymore - in order for the man to fight - and now I meed him and he actually says to me that he requires me to do it! Strange world.

I will take your advice and try to be more gentle and forthcoming- which wont be easy though. We broke up already once but saw each other again after 4 months and it was really intense - really good and we were so close just to be back in the power struggles for now..

Do you think this composite/synastry has indicators it could last through these issues? Is there sth else in the chart that indicates that?

Also, one more question: I have never heard of Grand Cross - I will check it on in the internet now but is there anything in particular that I need to be aware of?

Thank you sincerely for your words - they help..

Bina

about the Grand Cross:

http://www.squidoo.com/meaning-of-grand-cross-in-a-birth-chart-in-astrology

http://www.indigoray.net/grandcross.html

Aspects to Saturn or the Nodes in synastry are usually what holds a relationship together for a longer time. You do have some of those.
Your Venus conjuncts and your Moon squares his Saturn/Venus/NN (as well as your Pluto opp). Those can be lasting links, though challenging and they need to be worked with. Your Moon square his nodes is exact and the square to his Saturn is also close, it looks to me like there is some Karma you need to work out together.

Your Saturn conjuncts his Uranus, he could feel held back by you and may need more freedom.

All in all there is a lot of challenging aspects between your birth charts, you can probably learn a lot from each other and there could be much growth, but it won't be easy. :smile:

All the best to you,
Bina

Last edited:

Claire19

Please post charts as all this data is confusing and tedious.
Pluto contacting personal planets does bring intensity and passion but also control and obsession. The orbs of aspect with synastry are smaller and no more than about 2-3 degrees.

Bina

With the mutual Pluto aspects you're both having some power over each other.. Pluto aspects can also make you obsessive about a relationship..

Last edited:

Bina

Your moon exactly squares his nodes and Saturn, this can't be easy for you..
Planets square the nodes often indicate something which has been 'missed' and needs to be repeated or sorted out at a later time.. it could be you met before in a previous lifetime (if you are familiar with this idea), and there is some Karma left from that time, something you couldn't do then, so you had to meet again. In such a case the attraction is usually very strong and the relationship can have a compulsive element.

Bina

For people to be able to see your charts properly, you need to post the 2 individual birthcharts, so that they can be compared and they also need to have the degrees on them, so one can see how close the aspects are.

And try and do it as explained in the following thread, so we don't have to download all your info onto our computer first before being able to study the charts :smile::

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

Bina

His Saturn squares your moon, this could make you feel emotionally restricted..

http://www.skyviewzone.com/lovematch/saturnsynastryaspects.htm

..plus his Pluto square your Asc, and opp your Mercury.. he might want to change you a lot and needs to be gentle about this..

Ascendant in challenging aspect to Pluto in Synastry:

Working through serious psychological material - childhood wounds, sexual issues, karmic ghosts, and so forth - is a critical part of any truly intimate relationship, but it is also a scary process.
These partners have a big Plutonian element operating between them, which suggests they have work to do in that department. Their styles don't blend very well there. Each person needs to make adjustments. Specifically, the Ascendant person needs to commit to the highest degree of genuine openness and honesty which he or she is capable of attaining.
Meanwhile the Pluto partner must drop a certain "psychoanalyst persona" that he or she might adopt when frightened, and temper wisdom about the Ascendant person with humility, gentleness and simplicity. They'll bring out the very worst in each other sometimes. The good news is that, with enough forgiveness, the worst - which was there anyway - can be healed.

Bina

Please try and post the charts not in pdf format, it saves us having to download them onto our computer and we can just open them and look at them online. The link which i gave you in my earlier post leads to a thread on this forum which explains exactly how to do this. :smile:

Bina you are right I think! Esp about the changing part. I really do feel he wants to change me - I mentioned it already but he always uses metaphers about how people react to certain situations and those situation were always very similar to how I reacted in my life to certain situations.. the scariest thing is that he is right. The things he mentioned I need to change. However, that really takes time..