Any Contact Better than None?

dioskouris

Account Closed
I read once that having ANY contacts in synastry is better than having none at all, even if the majority of those contacts would be hard aspects. I'm not sure if I see it in real life (well except for my own life where I've met someone and there seems to be a struggling 'fatedness' between us because of our many hard aspects).

I'm inclined to think that being in a relationship with someone where there are many hard aspects would force you to work at things in yourself that needs to be resolved, as well as in the relationship. Whether or not that relationship continues, don't know (I'm not very fatalistic).

Anyway, I'd like to know what the Astrologyweekly community thinks about having any contact (particularly between personal planets, and Saturn).

Claire19

I read once that having ANY contacts in synastry is better than having none at all, even if the majority of those contacts would be hard aspects. I'm not sure if I see it in real life (well except for my own life where I've met someone and there seems to be a struggling 'fatedness' between us because of our many hard aspects).

I'm inclined to think that being in a relationship with someone where there are many hard aspects would force you to work at things in yourself that needs to be resolved, as well as in the relationship. Whether or not that relationship continues, don't know (I'm not very fatalistic).

Anyway, I'd like to know what the Astrologyweekly community thinks about having any contact (particularly between personal planets, and Saturn).
I think you are right in that you need several close contacts to have a relationship, even hard aspects which will teach you lessons and give you growth. Saturn and the personal planets indicate enduring relations even if not so happy and they are karmic. Without Saturn nothing really endures. There is often a sense of duty and responsibility with them and often not so much fun but a sense of commitment.

LeoCassandra

I would agree with this. None contact means no energy...Without fuel you wont move your car:rightful: If there are too many easy aspects-the road is boring. too many hard aspect makes the road difficult. Mix of easy and hard aspect makes the road exciting. Saturn is the seat belt:)

Last edited:

dioskouris

Account Closed
Thanks, I'm trying to figure out if I should take a "fatalistic" approach when it comes to hard aspects or what some call the "politically correct" method, which is to say it will be difficult but you will grow at least. Perhaps it depends on the individuals involved, and some of the other things in their charts, like house overlays. I've seen people with "easy" aspects touching all the right spots just fly through each other like no big deal. Then I've seen (and personally felt) people with a lot of difficult aspects, even with a traditionally difficult planet like Saturn, go through a sort of 'fated' experience... like this person was put here to really test you -like relationship bootcamp. But I suppose may actually keep two people trying even when it feels hopeless at the beginning is a certain kind of contact or an overlay. I'm not being very specific I know, just ruminating.

Krewster

Might I guess you're in a Sat 90 Moon relationship (which members on forums often say creates glue -e.g., the Moon person can't stop trying to climb that Sat wall, a position with which I can't help -but am uncomfortable- agreeing).

Or, guess that your synastry in question has a balanced cocktail of easy and hard aspects.

In either of such cases, it is easy to reach for the "fated" label because you might feel stuck, even though the sailing is rough.

But if, in total, the synastry is way-majority just hard, then no to your questions (which would comform with your mention of not being a fatalistic person).

dioskouris

Account Closed
Might I guess you're in a Sat 90 Moon relationship (which members on forums often say creates glue -e.g., the Moon person can't stop trying to climb that Sat wall, a position with which I can't help -but am uncomfortable- agreeing).

Or, guess that your synastry in question has a balanced cocktail of easy and hard aspects.

In either of such cases, it is easy to reach for the "fated" label because you might feel stuck, even though the sailing is rough.

But if, in total, the synastry is way-majority just hard, then no to your questions (which would comform with your mention of not being a fatalistic person).

By Sat 90 Moon do you mean Saturn square moon? In my specific relationship experience, no we don't have that. If anything or Sat Moon relationship is a sextile, though a fairly wide one with an orb of 8. There is a balance of easy and hard aspects, including some good ones like Chiron sextile venus, chiron conjunct mars, mars, jupiter and moon (moon is a bit wide though with an orb of 9), Sun conjunct moon, moon conjunct mercury, venus sextile sun and trine moon, etc. etc. But also some hard ones like mars square venus, chiron square moon, Saturn opposite jupiter. Jupiter square sun, mars square pluto, NN square sun, etc etc.

There are more flowing aspects than hard aspects. But there are a lot of aspects...

Also,something I read about saturn neptune contacts, particularly the conjunct which we have in capricorn. I read about it being karmic and it definitely feels that way. http://www.throughnightsfire.com/SaturnNeptuneconnections.html

Just calculated it, we have 15 hard aspects, 32 easy aspects. Keep in mind that I use Liz Greene's orbs. Also,I've only been using major aspects. And also, not sure if the following aspects are significant Chiron trine Pluto, North Node trine Pluto, North Node sextile Uranus.

Also vertex conjunct venus (somewhat wide orb of 7) and mars (orb 1).