Part Of Fortune opposite Vesta

DMSH7878

My POF is in Capricorn 26° and is opposite my Vesta in Leo 1°. I was curious if anyone had any information about this kind of aspect?? Im not sure how to interpret it and I can't find any information anywhere. Please let me know.

AppLeo

What does it mean if Part Of Fortune in 2nd house Capricorn 26° is opposite Vertex 8th house Leo 1°? I can't find anything anywhere, and if I do all the parts are splayed. Does anyone know what this means? Thank you!

It doesn’t mean anything

waybread

Probably not much. The trouble with using all kinds of aspects with asteroids is that there's no end to it. There are thousands of asteroids out there. I do use asteroids sometimes, but I would use only a very tight orb for a planet-asteroid or sensitive point-asteroid conjunction. The Pof is just one arithmetic point in your chart and it casts no orb.

However, if you want to persist, see if you can write your own "cookbook." Think of what Vesta means, more particularly in your chart by sign and house. The PoF usually shows an area of life that goes well for you, by sign and house. The opposition suggests that Vesta somehow opposes what normally goes well in your life.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
When it comes to points like the POF, you need an exact the same minute conjunction, or opposition. The orb here is far too wide to mean anything.

Someone once mentioned to me a software that calculates most known or widely interpreted asteroids by the degree, I forgot the name though. The point is, if you were to use a software like that, you will find hundreds of asteroids NEAR 26 degrees Capricorn. However, only the ones with EXACT to the minute conjunction, and potentially opposition will mean anything significant.

Another problem you run into while trying to interpret singular asteroids is that conjunctions work together, this means other asteroids will be in the same relevant degree, and if you don't catch-them, you'll gonna be missing other pieces of the puzzle.

And how come we have the same topic thread in two forums?

Last edited:

DMSH7878

Way read thank you! I appreciate the definition of both Vesta and POF, that will help quite a bit (despite being a small point). :)