A map of the forum community

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Appleo,

Put me down as a bell ringer, as i look like Quasimodo, LOL!

Rawiri

Please no, lol.

Disney, AppLeo. Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Or Victor Hugo's book...but Disney is where I'd expect most to know it from.

There's goodness in western animation too. :lol:

Rawiri

Lol. Thought I replied to this already...seems not.

Yes. It was the first grouping of stars I learnt and could recognize as a kid - it's still the first one I see whenever I look up at the night sky.

As to what star - never thought about it...but growing up I got the idea in my head that it was the north star. I think that was because of the "conscience" being a person's guide and the stars linking to that since I knew the north star was used as a guide lol.

I doubt that the case if I actually think about it though, certainly not if I look at what they've "drawn."

While there is a part that looks like the belt and even sweeps up left (like Orion's arm) which would make the star Betelgeuse...but it doesn't really fit very well with other things around it.

Looking to the left, you can see the typical "pentagon" formation, and it is stylized in a way with the twigs to twist and twirl - it could be Hydra/the serpent. The three stars seeming to be the "belt of Orion" could then be the *** of the dog constellation, rising face up (which of course would make the star Sirius). Sirius would fit with being called "m'lady" by Jimminy as well.

In that case, Hydra is a bit morphed. So the drawing obviously isn't a perfect depiction...

Anyway that's far too much analysis for something that could be random lol.

I presume you have your own idea?