How to Overcome Mars-Neptune Opposition

midnight sun

Hi, I would like to write about the problems I live about taking action and the effects of Mars-Neptune aspects on it.

My both natal Sun and Mars in 9th house are in opposition to Neptune in 3rd house.

I got over some of the problems it created. After 30 years, I accepted, finally, I am a creative person with a high imagination. I started to believe in myself. And I could be able to reach the end of my phd thesis despite lots of resistance and pain I feel.

Now the real problem is I can't activate my Mars and take action. Everything happens in my head. I make lots of plans, ideas, solutions in my head ( I even paint, or write a story, create songs) but I just can't get them real, take action about them or make them tangible in life. Any action attempt hits a big resistance wall inside me.

It feels like, my brain works faster and solves and finishes everything but when it is time to do it in real life with my body, I feel too impatient, nervous and easily bored. And I leave most of things half done. I started a dozen of things in the past but most of them are half done.

I am very depressed about this situation. I feel like there is a little child inside me who wants to have everything and do everything easily without working. I always escape when there is a work to do. Unfortunately, I realize that our result focused working style isn't helping at all, it makes this problem worser(and also the fastness of social media).

It is also hard to move my body. Sometimes I don't even want to move or go out of bed. After 3 years, I am bored with my job, too. But I was thinking I was created for it(being a research assistant). There is strange thing inside me that the thing I want to do changes a lot :sad: Again I feel like a child who wants to be everything; the painter, the musician, the dancer, the writer....but I can't learn and be everything. I don't know why but I always want change in my life after a while..

How can I heal this aspect and activate my Mars? How can this opposition be balanced?

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_papalina_2017123.45988.4271.jpg
    astro_24gw_01_papalina_2017123.45988.4271.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 42

demetraceres

Are you sure it is the Mars-Neptune Opposition the very reason? The orb is very wide. I know the Neptune is blocking the action, but it is the orb that makes me questioning. Is it more about Sun opposition Neptune or at least the combination of all three?

As your Saturn is negatively aspecting Venus and Moon, I would say working on self worth, self confidence.

You have well placed Pluto in the first house, so by my amateur opinion this is your strong point, you have inner strength to overcome this obstacles.

katydid

Hi, I would like to write about the problems I live about taking action and the effects of Mars-Neptune aspects on it.

My both natal Sun and Mars in 9th house are in opposition to Neptune in 3rd house.

I got over some of the problems it created. After 30 years, I accepted, finally, I am a creative person with a high imagination. I started to believe in myself. And I could be able to reach the end of my phd thesis despite lots of resistance and pain I feel.

Now the real problem is I can't activate my Mars and take action. Everything happens in my head. I make lots of plans, ideas, solutions in my head ( I even paint, or write a story, create songs) but I just can't get them real, take action about them or make them tangible in life. Any action attempt hits a big resistance wall inside me.

It feels like, my brain works faster and solves and finishes everything but when it is time to do it in real life with my body, I feel too impatient, nervous and easily bored. And I leave most of things half done. I started a dozen of things in the past but most of them are half done.

I am very depressed about this situation. I feel like there is a little child inside me who wants to have everything and do everything easily without working. I always escape when there is a work to do. Unfortunately, I realize that our result focused working style isn't helping at all, it makes this problem worser(and also the fastness of social media).

It is also hard to move my body. Sometimes I don't even want to move or go out of bed. After 3 years, I am bored with my job, too. But I was thinking I was created for it(being a research assistant). There is strange thing inside me that the thing I want to do changes a lot :sad: Again I feel like a child who wants to be everything; the painter, the musician, the dancer, the writer....but I can't learn and be everything. I don't know why but I always want change in my life after a while..

How can I heal this aspect and activate my Mars? How can this opposition be balanced?

Mars rules your 7th. I wonder if you could 'partner up' with someone, and together you could follow through on your visions/dreams/goals. Somewhere there is a workhorse who has a lot of energy, but not a lot of creative vision. You need a capable, energetic assistant to help you get things done. Lots of creative geniuses work that way. :ninja:

Sun/Mars opposed Neptune can be very difficult.

Reinhold Ebertin says:

" Disinclination to work. Lack of energy, dishonest activity. "

"The undermining of one's vocational position, receiving notice, disappointment, fraud."

" Lack of vitality, illness, fatigue."

So these are the things you need to work against. You can work to improve your vitality and physical strength. Maybe by doing holistic approach to increasing stamina, strength, energy.

You have to be very clear and certain about your ethical approaches to your work, career. Do not take the easy route and take shortcuts that could be undermining your reputation with others.

waybread

The Mars-Neptune orb is a bit wide, but the sun-Neptune orb is narrow, and then Neptune is near the sun-Mars midpoint. I suspect that you feel it.

The moon is one planet that favourably aspects all three. She's in Virgo, in the 11th house of hopes and wishes for the future. See if you can use her to create small, manageable steps out of larger projects.

Also, Neptune and your Cancer planets are all involved in water in some way. I always feel that Mars works well in an athletic situation. Have you thought of something like an aquatic fitness program (good for non-swimmers) or swimming laps if you know how to swim? Once you get your blood pumping a bit and your muscle tone up, see if you feel more energetic about those small tasks that ultimately lead to the bigger projects.

But don't grapple with the big project as a whole.

midnight sun

Mars rules your 7th. I wonder if you could 'partner up' with someone, and together you could follow through on your visions/dreams/goals. Somewhere there is a workhorse who has a lot of energy, but not a lot of creative vision. You need a capable, energetic assistant to help you get things done. Lots of creative geniuses work that way. :ninja:

Sun/Mars opposed Neptune can be very difficult.

Reinhold Ebertin says:

" Disinclination to work. Lack of energy, dishonest activity. "

"The undermining of one's vocational position, receiving notice, disappointment, fraud."

" Lack of vitality, illness, fatigue."

So these are the things you need to work against. You can work to improve your vitality and physical strength. Maybe by doing holistic approach to increasing stamina, strength, energy.

You have to be very clear and certain about your ethical approaches to your work, career. Do not take the easy route and take shortcuts that could be undermining your reputation with others.

Thank you katydid :smile:

I couldn't partner up with someone because of my troubled Venus-Saturn, my relationships are not so good. But I can say I am bored of people quickly and I like Uranian type of people, who love to discover new things and think differently.

Normally I talk a lot about lots of things but in the last years, I have been more in silence because I can't see the curiosity I feel in other people. So I stopped talking.

I discover that energy calls more energy. I mean when I move and do things, I feel more energetic. But my work is at office in front of computer, and I see that makes it more difficult for me to move.

I'll think about the things you wrote.

midnight sun

The Mars-Neptune orb is a bit wide, but the sun-Neptune orb is narrow, and then Neptune is near the sun-Mars midpoint. I suspect that you feel it.

The moon is one planet that favourably aspects all three. She's in Virgo, in the 11th house of hopes and wishes for the future. See if you can use her to create small, manageable steps out of larger projects.

Also, Neptune and your Cancer planets are all involved in water in some way. I always feel that Mars works well in an athletic situation. Have you thought of something like an aquatic fitness program (good for non-swimmers) or swimming laps if you know how to swim? Once you get your blood pumping a bit and your muscle tone up, see if you feel more energetic about those small tasks that ultimately lead to the bigger projects.

But don't grapple with the big project as a whole.

Yes you are right, if I feel something is big, I quickly try to escape from it. So thinking in small steps works good on me.

2 days ago, I did a meditation on this issue and I found out that I couldn't focus on the moment now. When I start something or plan to start something, I constantly think about its outcome, the last day of it, and the things I'll do after I finish it. And I feel I have to hurry up, I have to quickly do and finish all the projects. So I can't get any pleasure of doing something, I can't calm down and let myself go. Even when I read a book, I'm thinking about other books after I finish that one. Or if I started to draw something, I feel it is very slow and feel anxious and nervous about it. :sad:
So I can never focus the thing I am doing in the moment. My meditation shows this for the cause of the problem I am living.

I love swimming but now I will start pilates, it is more practical now but you are right water feels better.

Thank you for writing :smile:

Lin

I'm wondering if anyone noticed the t-square. It is comprised of Saturn opp Venus and both square Jupiter in Aquarius....the sign of the unique and innovation.
I wouldn't include the moon.....because even tho I would consider such a great orb, I wouldn't when it is out of sign.
However, you just might be feeling this as a grand cross at times. By the same token you can also feel multiple positive transits at the same time....if you are paying attention.

But the Saturn opp Venus is bad enough to be discouraging. VERY discouraging. The t-square makes you want to have a guarantee of success for any very lengthy or very hard work you do. That is that Capricorn connection.
Neptune tells you, "if you can't be guaranteed success, there's no point in putting your heart into any specific thing."

AND I say: THAT is Neptune's thing. LYING to you. Discouraging you. Frightening you.
Keeping you from action because you may fail.
It's a terrible, evil energy.

YOu have some good aspects, and you are creative. But you are constantly being discouraged.
I don't think I am special. I have only a slightly above average intelligence.... and it took me forever to learn astrology to the point I could make a dollar at it (10 years). But I LOVE it.
So....figure out what you LOVE. And say "to HELL" with Neptune or naysayers or anyone or anything which tries to discourage you or make you feel you can't do whatever it is you love. Even if you NEVER make a living at it. Do it for the LOVE of it.

And who knows? And that is the point. YOu KNOW what happens when you don't put everything into something....nothing happens. But you don't know what can happen if you go the OTHER way. Do you? no.
LIN
PS: and yes, Neptune opposes both Sun and Mars. But when Jupiter changes sign this year it will trine both your Sun and your Mars. And sextile your Neptune. You must pay attention to your transits. And act when it's possible!

Last edited:

Loda41

I would echo others, Neptune opposition may be your rationalization. Your Libra ASC may be part of the problem, you can't decide to run or stay. The moon alleviates your Neptune problems in some issues like family. When things come too easy on occasion, you don't have the urge to fight and work hard next time.