The Moon in Dignity and Debility

Oddity

I assume you're not interested in the geometry of the Thema Mundi, or if you are you can look it up - exaltations of nocturnal planets are in sextile to the rulership signs.

Let's say one of the primary real-world impulses of the moon is to nurture, to take care of people. Taurus moon is very very good at that because it's stable and does not get easily rocked emotionally. It gives the impulse to nurture a good chance to manifest in the real world.

Now, if the kind of astrology you do mostly connects to psychology, I can see why that wouldn't be worth much, as it's more about feelings and thoughts, and not about what actually happens to people, or what they do. But modern astrology has pretty much ditched dignities for not being democratic anyway, so there's no need to petition for a new exaltation scheme.

Of course, even if you have a Taurus moon, it's going to depend on house placements, aspects, etc. And there are certainly people with other moon signs (I've known a few Virgo moon folks like this in my own life) who are really good at taking care of people. Or you could have a Taurus moon that's horribly afflicted, so things don't work out.

It's complicated. What I don't see the point of is trashing or praising people because of planetary placements, or making sweeping generalisations about same.

ALRESCHA

Stop assuming, please.

But I have never, ever had a bad experience with a Taurus Moon.

I was comparing the two positions and I only said where my Moon lies so that the people would know that I know for sure what I am talking about. So far, I have only found one other person that counts Pisces Moon exalted, so I wanted to know if anyone else does too.

And I am not generalizing, I have had a terrible experience with a Pisces Moon personally.

We are naturally connected to all, that was the point of mentioning Buddha.

JUPITERASC

Stop assuming, please.

But I have never, ever had a bad experience with a Taurus Moon.

I was comparing the two positions and I only said where my Moon lies so that the people would know that I know for sure what I am talking about.

So far, I have only found one other person that counts Pisces Moon exalted,
so I wanted to know if anyone else does too.

And I am not generalizing, I have had a terrible experience with a Pisces Moon personally.

We are naturally connected to all, that was the point of mentioning Buddha.
The third column of the following table lists the EXALTATIONS :smile:

Taurus is the Exaltation of the Moon
Pisces is the Exaltation of Venus

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

dignities2.gif

ALRESCHA

:lol: Will you ever get tired of posting that :biggrin: thank you, but please elaborate what you think. :) I would like to read that.
Being able to synthesize is the only reason we are better than software, don't just memorize information and shoot it when required...

JUPITERASC

:lol: Will you ever get tired of posting that :biggrin: thank you,
but please elaborate what you think. :) I would like to read that.
Being able to synthesize is the only reason we are better than software, don't just memorize information and shoot it when required...
Astrology, including modern astrology, is based on these dignities and debilities of the planets

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

dignities2.gif

for discussions on any new theory any member may have
then the appropriate forum is RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT subforum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91

"....RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT is a forum designed for applying scientific methods and understanding
to all approaches of astrology, cooperative formulation and testing of new ideas :smile:
re-examination of known methods of delineation and interpretation..."

This thread is really interesting. I have a Scorpio Moon (6th house) opposite my Taurus Venus in the 12th. I believe this is a hot mess of a combination in that my practical side (Venus is the only earth in my chart) stymies my emotions, which are both reclusive and prone to intense fluctuation.

I feel like maybe this opposition aspect keeps the watery-ness of the scorpio moon from full expression, because it runs into all this earth in the powerful venus in taurus. Like venus is the dam holding back the flood, lol. A host of powerful emotions are not trusted, not expressed, and held back where they conflict with venutian priorities - comfort, security, aesthetics, my sense of loyalty. But maybe that has nothing to do with the Venus and is just normal scorpio moon stuff. Idk.

On the other hand, the scorpio moon occasionally overpowers the venus and then people are like whoa, where did that come from? as I'm off, you know, burning everything to the ground with aries energy and scorpio passion. whoops.

Also I think the stuff about the mom is on point. My mother died of ovarian cancer. We had a complicated relationship to say the least.

wan

Another Moon in Scorpio here.

Like many have said in this thread, this placement for the Moon is not easy. I have had to learn to keep my feelings under control. A lot of times, I need to consciously tell myself to not react in certain ways, because I dont want people to think that my emotional responses are out of control. Is this healthy? I don't know, but it certainly has made my life (especially personal life) smoother.