What Zodiac Sign (or placements) indicate humility in a person?

Stellium6th

Yes, houses indicate the area of life that are affected. There are some convergences and divergences between the signs and houses.

I think quiet confidence and humility can co-exist. Humility is acknowledging that you don't know it all, and you have to learn a lot more, and that you're a student in life.

Confidence is having assurance in your existing ability. You can have confidence, but still acknowledge you don't know many things in life, and there are people that are more knowledgeable than you.

Your concept of humility seems too proactive, and humility is like goodness: you can't employ it or fake it; it's within you or without you.

rollindays

Your concept of humility seems too proactive, and humility is like goodness: you can't employ it or fake it; it's within you or without you.

I don't know what my concept has to do with proaction, or employing/faking it. I was just giving a definition of what I think humility is.

The only way for a person to judge if someone has humility or not is through interactions, you can tell from someone's body language if they have humility or not.

Stellium6th

I don't know what my concept has to do with proaction, or employing/faking it. I was just giving a definition of what I think humility is.

The only way for a person to judge if someone has humility or not is through interactions, you can tell from someone's body language if they have humility or not.

You do by the way they carry themselves. I have seen so many ''good'' actions with an interest in the background. I have listened so many ''good'' promises just to shut their conscience and keep breathing. Still that was your opinion and I respect it. I just think you will end up discovering what I meant by proaction.

Kitchy

Banned
take fashion scenarios....

tell a guy he looks great in that shirt and he will puff up like foghorn leghorn and get a little shift in his shake and it makes him feel good. he's humbled by being acknowledged.

tell a gal she looks great in that dress and she will tell you at least 2 things that she doesn't like about it. she is humble and thinks she could have done better.

who is being more humble?

neither.

humility is accepting gifts from other people even if you don't feel deserving of them, as well, accepting them for the graciousness they have shown you.

Stellium6th

take fashion scenarios....

tell a guy he looks great in that shirt and he will puff up like foghorn leghorn and get a little shift in his shake and it makes him feel good. he's humbled by being acknowledged.

tell a gal she looks great in that dress and she will tell you at least 2 things that she doesn't like about it. she is humble and thinks she could have done better.

who is being more humble?

neither.

humility is accepting gifts from other people even if you don't feel deserving of them, as well, accepting them for the graciousness they have shown you.

That was deep. As close to self love as it gets

rollindays

You do by the way they carry themselves. I have seen so many ''good'' actions with an interest in the background. I have listened so many ''good'' promises just to shut their conscience and keep breathing. Still that was your opinion and I respect it. I just think you will end up discovering what I meant by proaction.

Could you expand on good actions and what you mean by interest? And about good promises?

I'm genuinely trying to understand the point you are trying to make, not for argument's sake or to be right. But I do like to talk about specifics. So if you don't mind, I'd really want you to expand on your post. Thanks!

rollindays

There are business leaders in industry who are very humble, but are also quietly confident of their abilities, which makes them successful business leaders.

Stellium6th

Could you expand on good actions and what you mean by interest? And about good promises?

I'm genuinely trying to understand the point you are trying to make, not for argument's sake or to be right. But I do like to talk about specifics. So if you don't mind, I'd really want you to expand on your post. Thanks!

Not easy to explain myself or be clear when I have a 12th house Mercury in opposition to Neptune but I'll try.

Or I won't. My brain gets fried to bring that in words. It's just my experience. I think Kitchy did a fantastic job separating pretending or false modesty (social manners) from humility and true self love. Stick to that post better. :p

Stellium6th

There are business leaders in industry who are very humble, but are also quietly confident of their abilities, which makes them successful business leaders.

Leaders born with that ability. Carl Jung sums it well on his extraverted feeling theory (part of his mbti).

rollindays

Not easy to explain myself or be clear when I have a 12th house Mercury in opposition to Neptune but I'll try.

Or I won't. My brain gets fried to bring that in words. It's just my experience. I think Kitchy did a fantastic job separating pretending or false modesty (social manners) from humility and true self love. Stick to that post better. :p

False modesty (social manners) is NOT humility. I wasn't trying to bring false modesty anywhere in this thread, but actual humility that has nothing to do with social manners.

muchacho

From the vantage point of society, humility is a good thing. From the vantage point of the individual, it's not. So it's no coincidence that humility and humiliation are both ruled by Saturn because vibrationally speaking they are very similar, they oppose the Sun principle of free self-expression.

ashriia

False modesty (social manners) is NOT humility. I wasn't trying to bring false modesty anywhere in this thread, but actual humility that has nothing to do with social manners.

"False modesty" as you refer to it, will be the first indicator of someone who is humble though.

Shouldn't be overlooked for personality insights.

Just like people that are rude to service people. - You know what you have in store from the outset.

StillOne

I like this definition and it's interesting that it can be a bit different than other definitions:

In the Bible, humility or humbleness is a quality of being courteously respectful of others. It is the opposite of aggressiveness, arrogance, boastfulness, and vanity. Rather than, "Me first," humility allows us to say, "No, you first, my friend." Humility is the quality that lets us go more than halfway to meet the needs and demands of others.

http://www.christianbiblereference.org/humility.htm

I think humility can result from many different astrological aspects. Neptune, Pisces and the 12th house could all be relevant to some extent but there's probably more.

ashriia

From the vantage point of society, humility is a good thing. From the vantage point of the individual, it's not. So it's no coincidence that humility and humiliation are both ruled by Saturn because vibrationally speaking they are very similar, they oppose the Sun principle of free self-expression.

Definitely agree. I am a pretty humble person, as a result of having a very debilitated sun natally. Sun is square to saturn also. and saturn is in leo. So there was no escaping saturn blotting out anything involving ego. I had very poor self esteem growing up, and now in my late 30s my self esteem is in a good place, and I'm very humble as a result of early hard lessons. So it worked out, I suppose the way it was meant to.

Natives with sun opposed by saturn will also know something about humility! That is not an easy opposition.

Last edited: