Is it true that a child's moon sign is his/her mother's sun sign?

Astrology

Is it true that a child's moon sign is his/her mother's sun sign? Because moon sign represents one's mother. For example, I have moon in Aquarius but my mom's sun sign is Leo. And I know a woman who has Pisces Moon but her mom's sun sign is Virgo. So one's mother's sun sign is the opposite of her child's moon sign or a child's moon sign is his/her mother's sun sign? Which is right/correct? Also, what does the house of one's moon sign represents? For example, I have moon in Aquarius, 2nd house. So what does moon in the second house indicates about my mother?

Attachments

• Birth Chart.jpg
    Birth Chart.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Birth Chart Table.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 17

JUPITERASC

Is it true that a child's moon sign is his/her mother's sun sign?
Because moon sign represents one's mother.
For example, I have moon in Aquarius but my mom's sun sign is Leo.
And I know a woman who has Pisces Moon but her mom's sun sign is Virgo.
So one's mother's sun sign is the opposite of her child's moon sign
or a child's moon sign is his/her mother's sun sign?
Which is right/correct?
Also, what does the house of one's moon sign represents?
For example, I have moon in Aquarius, 2nd house.
So what does moon in the second house indicates about my mother?
The succinct answer is not necessarily :smile:
lengthy thread discussion
Anyone whose Sun, Moon or ASC Sign responds to parents Sun, Moon, ASC/any planet?
at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56093

by the way
the significations of the moon are as follows
Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac

The zodiac completes a sidereal cycle in 23.93446 hours.

The twelvefold circle has no beginning, but it is so-held to begin with Cancer.

The image of the Crab is feminine, nocturnal, changeable, watery, amphibian, notable, silent, fertile,
digging, with many limbs, two-coloured, rising backwards, lying and of the west wind.
It indicates household, travel, matters standing in the way, water, celebrations,
those who become theatrical, constantly changing, luxurious, pleasure-loving, party-giving,
unsteady of mind, those who get involved in many activities and those who say one thing, but think another,
wanderers, hucksters, retailers, moneylenders, gardeners and those who cultivate the paths.

Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Cancer
are small, popular, ambitious, wealthy, travelling and wandering
because the Crab and the Moon do not walk straight,
lavish, mindful, public, cheerful, with large face, wide head, sunken eyes,
higher lower part of the body, crooked teeth, shaggy hair and dark.
Domicile of the Moon, exaltation of Jupiter, depression of Mars

Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars
as made by our predecessors.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae:
accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri.
Retrieved from https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos.
William Heinmann, London.
Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages.
Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley.
Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

petosiris

Banned
For example, I have moon in Aquarius, 2nd house. So what does moon in the second house indicates about my mother?

Along with the placement and Venus - longevity, moderate advancement with changing fortunes in life, also wealth because Saturn attends the Moon.

GeminiSun

I feel like my Moon is the perfect, perfect explanation for my relationship with my mother. Even the house placement. It is insane.

greybeard

Does a Cancer Sun woman have 7 children with Moon in Cancer?

I am the firstborn. My mother's Sun and my Moon do not share the same sign.

You are apparently mixing elements of the pre-natal epoch with "normal" astrology.

CapAquaPis

My mother's and my moon are in Aquarius (mine is 20', hers is 29' cusping Pisces). It's a coincidence or a connection of the bond between parent and child. And furthermore, my 11th house (one of friendships) is in Taurus, my mother's sun sign and I had a number of family friends as a result.

wan

I think the child's Moon sign tells us how she perceives her mother/how her mother appears to her. It does not mean that literally she will share her Moon sign with her mother.

ElenaJ

When a woman gives birth it is a major life experience, and at the moment of delivery her sun, moon and ascendent are being activated, in easy or negative aspect.
That moment of the delivery becomes the natal chart of the child. Which is why there will be a tie between the chart of the mother and that of the child. It can be any variation of the personal planets, sun, moon or ascendent, because these are the planets and points being activated in the mother's chart at the delivery moment.
Interestingly enough, the child's chart often is linked with that of the father as well. Often a female will share contacts with her father's mars and/or sun. His chart isn't involved in a pregnancy or delivery obviously, but becoming a father is for him a major life event, which will be reflected in the ties with the child's chart.

aniyas

My mom's a sun Libra, but my Leo moon captures the overall manner in which she demonstrates affection towards me and my siblings. (theatrical, expressive, child-like, doting, temperamental)

Violette

My Moon is in Virgo and mom's Moon is in Cancer. Her Sun is in Libra. I have no Cancer or Libra placements but I think her ascendant is conjunct my Moon.

PujaNPujari

The moon you are born with does not determine your mother's treatment of you and her behavior toward you. However, it does determine your reaction toward her and your treatment of her. Your reaction toward her is powerful and actually works to shape the person your mother is in your eyes and the person your mother is in the unique personal, relationship between you and her. Every reaction you have toward her behavior colors her future behavior and treatment of you. If you react well to certain behaviors she exhibits, she is likely to continue those behaviors.

ElenaJ

A person's natal moon and its aspects do represent the mother figure, just as it can more generally represent the female figures in the person's life.
Agreed, it does not determine her treatment of the child, but it can indicate the type of person she is and the relationship she will have with the child. Difficult aspects to the natal moon reflect a difficult relationship with the mother, as an easily aspected moon will foretell the opposite. During one's lifespan the individual works toward resolving or augmenting the energies of their moon in terms of their emotions, and consequently their relationship with the mother.

greybeard

The original question is clearly answered in the negative.

The assertion comes from the Pre-natal Epoch, and does not apply to natal mother-child relationships.