No Fire Signs in the Natal Chart!

Ness22

Hello there,

Firstly, I've attached my chart to this post.
Also below is a link to a site which gave me my birth chart report.
https://astro-charts.com/chart/baf2dead0/

So, what stands out in my chart is that I have no fire signs at all (0%). And this bothers me because I think it tends to manifest as a lack of enthusiasm, motivation and energy to do things. I can actually be daring and enterprising when I need to be, (need to push myself though) but having a predominance of water signs and complete absence of fire does make me very sensitive and emotional, lacking optimism and with a predisposition towards depression.
In fact, I have experienced bouts of depression and low energy and have sought treatment for it.

Does this aspect of my chart indicate that I'm doomed and bound to fail in life (without enough enthusiasm). Also, does it mean I can easily fall into depression?
It actually scares me because Kurt Cobain (Aquarius/pisces cusp born two days before me) had a chart similar to mine, with 8 planets I believe in water signs while I have 6. And he ended up succumbing to depression and taking his own life.

Thank you in advance for reading and responding.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_ness.74968.28468.png
    astro_w2gw_ness.74968.28468.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 47

Gemini888

On the flip side, Kurk Corbain is now a legend, so his placements amount to something after all :joyful:

With your strong focus on Pisces and 6H, I think you are more content with behind-the-scene work. You would rather serve quietly than putting yourself out there as the star of the show. This humbleness is a great assess to have. Imagine this: what would happen if there is no one to set up the stage for the singer?

I don't think you are doomed in your work like. In fact, your MC is quite well-aspected (4 trines!) Moon in 10H and is involved in a water grand trine with Jupiter and Venus, two great benefics, and all of these planets are in career house (2H, 6H, 10H). I think you will be a blast at work. You are best suited for a job that involves nuturing others. With Gemini MC and a trine with Aqua Mercury in 6H, do you think you can work as a teacher?

Now onto the lack of element. Yeah I agree that the lack of Fire can reduce your willpower greatly. I'm also worried that with that grand trine you will get too lazy. There are too few hard aspects in the grand trine to harden it. And while the trines of the MC is good for your career, they can be abused fast when you take for granted what you receive from them. You will truly have to make an effort consciously to set a concrete goal for yourself if you want to achieve success.

The closest to a compensation for your lack of fire is your Uranus and Mars in 5H. It's a fire house so your planets will want to do firey things to satisfy themselve (in your case it's expressing your individually). Hopefully that square Mars makes with Jupiter and the Uranus/Moon opposition will give Jupiter some motivation to do something.

Ness22

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your interpretation and response. Really appreciate it.

Yes, Kurt Cobain was a legend and extremely talented as well. It's too bad all that water made him too vulnerable to the hardships of life. I love his music but wouldn't want to be someone who goes down the same path. It's not a great example to go by.

And yeah, I am a career oriented person. I've handled a lot of responsibilities at work and can be fairly good at communicating, both verbally and in writing. The lack of motivation gets in the way sometimes. It's more to do with being sensitive and emotional (having both sun and moon in water) which can easily send you into spells of brooding and sadness. As for being a teacher, I don't know what the future holds.

I am not a very behind the scenes person, if that's what my chart suggests. I am ambitious, competitive, like the spotlight sometimes, especially when it involves doing good work, have a strong need to express my individuality, and can get angry and fiery sometimes (pretty often actually). I've been told it has something to do with the Mars square Pluto and Mars in the 5th house, as you mentioned.

I guess I really need to work on my drive and motivation and handling emotions, if I want to succeed and accomplish something in this life.

Thanks a lot again for replying!

Gemini888

Yeah right. I have Mars square Pluto too, so I can relate to the pent-up energy. There is also the Moon/Mars inconjunct. On close inspection, you also have Mars trine MC so that explains the career thing.

And I'm merely suggesting a job that can intergrate both communication and nuturing. How about working as a counsellor or a therapist? You need a lot of emotional intelligence for that, and your water can help a lot. Pluto in 3H can help with digging through deep dark issues by communication.

Good luck. With enough work on controlling your emotion I think you won't kill yourself like Mr. Cobain, especially when your Mars has enough hard aspects to push you forward.

Ness22

Well,

I don't think i would want to choose counselling/therapy as a long-term profession, because dealing with other people's issues would make me go to dark places of my own, and its heavy and exhausting in the long run. Sure, I listen to my friends all the time and offer advice, and could do it as a side thing.

I would actually prefer teaching, though I don't feel completely satisfied with that either. I am already in my 20s, was considering journalism as I have work experience in that field, and I tend to get impatient fast and need something more fast-paced. Ideally I would like to pursue more than one interest, maybe a career where I can earn a lot, while also doing humanitarian work in some way (even if its outside of it).

Thanks for your advice !

Last edited: