Mars transit to Canada's natal Moon

HarmonE

It has been a crazy time for Canada recently as the protests against the pipelines in the west are getting to a boiling point nationwide. This sentiment has been building over the past while but clearly has come to a critical point in the past week as so many blockades have shut down rail lines that the CEO of CN rail has formally supported the sentiment behind the blockades and requested that Prime Minister Trudeau meet with the Indigenous Hereditary Chiefs to find a solution. This along with the decision regarding a highly controversial new oil sands project in Alberta (Teck) that, if approved will become the largest in the world, also looms this week.

The angst is palpable. And all this while Mars in the early degrees of Capricorn comes into opposition to Canada's natal Moon position. And considering how potent this Mars in Capricorn is right now it all makes sense. Mars Square Chiron and Lilith, trine Uranus. These degrees came exact over the past two days.

Now what I find fascinating is that today, Jean Vanier, the founder of L'arche (an international organization for people with and without intellectual disabilities) has been exposed for sexually violating women over a 30 year period and then lying about it. Jean Vanier is considered a spiritual mentor to many, a father figure for those within L'arche and a hero of Canada for his many contributions. He was the son of the first quebecois Governor General of Canada. This beautifully captures what Chiron conjunct Lilith in Aries squared by Mars is in my opinion. What will Canada do to address these violations or will it continue to mask the problem and pretend the skeletons can stay in the closet forever?

canadanatal.jpg

AJ Astrology

This along with the decision regarding a highly controversial new oil sands project in Alberta (Teck) that, if approved will become the largest in the world, also looms this week.

Hi HarmonE,

Neither your chart nor your analysis fits.

And all this while Mars in the early degrees of Capricorn comes into opposition to Canada's natal Moon position.

Moon is in Gemini, so Mars has long since separated. Even if Mars was in Sagittarius opposing Moon, the H3/H9 axis rejects your premise.

And considering how potent this Mars in Capricorn is right now it all makes sense. Mars Square Chiron and Lilith, trine Uranus. These degrees came exact over the past two days.

The chart is also a night chart, with Mars exalted in Capricorn and angular he would not be so malefic as you claim.

Chiron and Lilith are not relevant. You ignored Mars trine natal Mars and sextile natal Jupiter. Mars is also the Ascendant ruler.

Why would you do that?

What I'm smelling is "Mars is bad, blah, blah, blah" which is not how it works.

Mars in Cancer is bad, Mars in Capricorn is not necessarily so.

This beautifully captures what Chiron conjunct Lilith in Aries squared by Mars is in my opinion.

No, it does not.

The proper charts (plural) would be the 2019 Aries Ingress for Ottawa against the chart for the current government, and then look at the transits.

Some people would also use the current lunation chart against the current Aries ingress and government charts to flesh out the details, rather than using transits.

Some would also use the current lunation chart against the current government chart, which I find preferable, especially since Moon represents the masses.

HarmonE

Wow. Well, Im guessing we are coming from different angles of astrology but I will try to explain what I was saying. Mars hasn't long since separated, it was exact a week before my post when it was in opposition with natal Moon. In my books, though not as potent of an aspect it is still very valid at 5 degrees orb. I don't find the out of sign opposition to be in any way negating its impact. I understand that the most significant part of that aspect would have been at exact but what I was saying was that the upheaval and unrest has been giong on for nearly two weeks. This is what I was trying to say.

Mars trine natal Mars in my books in a no aspect or at least not one that will instigate anything like this. That is why I didn't mention it. Have you ever found in your experience that a harmonious aspect like a trine could be such a profound activator? I haven't, that is why I didn't mention it.

As for the night chart, Im not sure why that matters. But I did consider that in all likelihood, the actual signing of the documents probably didn't happen at midnight. In all likelihood the actual moment of 'birth' is probably later. I suspect that the Moon might be up to a few degrees after this but I can't be sure so I use this chart. But for now, I ignore the houses as I can't be sure. Unless I can be 100% sure of the time, I don't use houses. With a birth time of midnight it is suspicious.

I found the Chiron/lilith extremely profound. Maybe you missed it, or you just don't agree. People come here to share and learn. Maybe it didn't speak to you. And that's fine. It would be better to just say, that you don't see it or it doesn't line up with what you have experienced.