So what are the general rules on Saturn?

UnluckyGirl

Pasting this from another thread I just commented.

Saturn is supposed to be the serious, experienced and mature planet. The planet of time-patience. The master.

Experienced is someone who has literally experienced smth usually more than your average person. Saturn is earthy after all.. meaning practical.

With Saturn in houses specifically, what I see happening is that Saturn denies experience so the person might indeed take the house matters very/more seriously on a mental level but he's inexperienced on a practical level.

Example: Saturn in 8th H takes sex very seriously to the point of even never experiencing it.

What I see happening with Saturn hard aspects on the other hand, is that the native has relative experiences but those experiences lack the pleasure they should have, usually they get that joy gradually and later rather than sooner.

Example: Saturn square Mars takes sex seriously but experiences it within a "normal" age, the first experiences are probably negative or at least they lack pleasure so the native might not get what's the big deal about sex untill gradually the sex becomes gradually better and better.

Of course other planetary aspects to Saturn will change things. Same goes for Saturn's house placement, if another planet is in the same house it will change the outcome.

I draw the above conclusions after seeing Saturn in a purer form, meaning it was the only planet into that specific house and it was receiving maybe a sextile or a loose (more than 8 orbs) major aspect.

Depending on the house it is in, sometimes the weaker Saturn is by sign the better. For example Saturn in Pisces is way better compared to Saturn in Capricorn or Aquarius when Saturn is placed in the 5th or 8th H. Because it feels like in Pisces Saturn doesn't have the power to "ruin" the 5th or 8th house matters for the native as much as it does when it's in "stronger" signs.

On the other hand Saturn in 10th H will give way better results when in Aqua or Capricorn compared to Pisces.

I remember reading somewhere that a way to "overcome" your Saturn difficulties is to act as the exact opposite of your Saturn sign but like it's in the same house. So if your Saturn is in Aqua for example you have get yourself into the spotlight (Leo) in the house matters your Saturns lies in. If your Saturn is in Pisces you have to be practical (Virgo) etc.

I can't personally do it with my own natal Saturn.

Hkk

Account Closed
I remember reading somewhere that a way to "overcome" your Saturn difficulties is to act as the exact opposite of your Saturn sign but like it's in the same house. So if your Saturn is in Aqua for example you have get yourself into the spotlight (Leo) in the house matters your Saturns lies in. If your Saturn is in Pisces you have to be practical (Virgo) etc.

This is interesting 🧐
So I have Saturn amongst other planets in first libra. I need to act like Aries in 1st house to overcome obstacles - that makes sense to me. That would be why I’m always ‘pushed’ more to my asset or side, situations etc arise for me to be that way.

Zora

Account Closed
Especially Saturn in the fifth huse?
Restricts,blocks, delays, denies, is this correct?

What sign your saturn is in in 5th house ? Who rules 5th house ? What houses does saturn rule in your chart ?

Saturn is not equal to saturn in every chart and not to be compared - sign saturn is in, houses saturn rules and his apects are very important to consider and can make a big difference.

Saturn is the "Lord of Time" coming in his transits every 7 years to tell you where and for what the time is over.

Without a good and strong saturn no success in life. Saturn rules the spine and the bones.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

My Saturn conjuncts Mars and Jupiter in Virgo...and all are in retrograde. The Saturn in Virgo is the opposite of what it would be in Pisces where my natal Mercury is and what it can do. Saturn in 3rd placements whether direct or retrograde exhibit an older or younger partner like 10-20 years of age differences within adulthood.

ElenaJ

"Saturn in 3rd placements whether direct or retrograde exhibit an older or younger partner like 10-20 years of age differences within adulthood"

That's interesting. How does that connection come about?

CapAquaPis

My own life...I had GFs older and younger than me, 10 years older when I was 19 and 18 years older now, and 5 years younger when I was 25 and 8 years younger when I was age 30. The placement of Saturn in the 3rd surely explains my age range of adult women I had crushes and relationships with.

Selene930

Pasting this from another thread I just commented.

Saturn is supposed to be the serious, experienced and mature planet. The planet of time-patience. The master.

Experienced is someone who has literally experienced smth usually more than your average person. Saturn is earthy after all.. meaning practical.

With Saturn in houses specifically, what I see happening is that Saturn denies experience so the person might indeed take the house matters very/more seriously on a mental level but he's inexperienced on a practical level.

Example: Saturn in 8th H takes sex very seriously to the point of even never experiencing it.

What I see happening with Saturn hard aspects on the other hand, is that the native has relative experiences but those experiences lack the pleasure they should have, usually they get that joy gradually and later rather than sooner.

Example: Saturn square Mars takes sex seriously but experiences it within a "normal" age, the first experiences are probably negative or at least they lack pleasure so the native might not get what's the big deal about sex untill gradually the sex becomes gradually better and better.

Of course other planetary aspects to Saturn will change things. Same goes for Saturn's house placement, if another planet is in the same house it will change the outcome.

I draw the above conclusions after seeing Saturn in a purer form, meaning it was the only planet into that specific house and it was receiving maybe a sextile or a loose (more than 8 orbs) major aspect.

Depending on the house it is in, sometimes the weaker Saturn is by sign the better. For example Saturn in Pisces is way better compared to Saturn in Capricorn or Aquarius when Saturn is placed in the 5th or 8th H. Because it feels like in Pisces Saturn doesn't have the power to "ruin" the 5th or 8th house matters for the native as much as it does when it's in "stronger" signs.

On the other hand Saturn in 10th H will give way better results when in Aqua or Capricorn compared to Pisces.

What about if you have saturn in aqu 10th?

david starling

Not sure what career suited for my Saturn in 10th Aquarius and also it is retrograde. Someone said to me that i wont have a professional career.

It would have to be somehow unconventional. Whoever told you that was probably thinking about a stereotypical career. In this case, retrograde Saturn is a good thing. You won't get bogged down in fitting into a conventional setting. Go with what really interests you.