Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 05-16-2019, 05:25 AM

Sign to sign compatibility

So there are even and odd numbers

I notice the natural compatibility between two signs happens when they're an even number of signs apart - conjunction, opposition, sextile or trine.

However, I've noticed a lot of couples that stay together longer are made of one with an even and one with an odd sign - semi-sextile, square or quincunx (inconjuct).

I guess odds complement each other better than evens in the long run?

I suppose it's easier to keep the mystery alive with odds than with evens who probably learn each other's tactics too well in a shorter period of time...

What's your take on this?

Unread 05-16-2019, 11:08 AM

Re: Sign to sign compatibility

It's true that with only easy aspects in a long term relationship, things can get boring, and we find that subconsciously whatever karmic needs we have internally are not being challenged or met.
In the case of a semi-sextile contact, some say this is difficult because they have no common ground, however, in signs next to each other it is also more likely that they share the inner planets, the planets that don't go far from the sun, like Venus and mercury. And these contacts can smooth over differences in sun signs.
The square is always stimulating, challenging, sometimes irritating, but here too if it is eased by other aspects it an be a very satisfying aspect.
Unread 05-16-2019, 11:48 AM

Re: Sign to sign compatibility

Same signs are most harmonious, trines are quite good too, signs in opposition or without major aspect (disjunct) are most disharmonious. The sympathies of the sextiles are moderately weaker than of the trine, and the antipathies of the squares are moderately weaker than of the oppositions.
The Following User Says Thank You to petosiris For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (05-16-2019)

Tags
compatibility, sign