Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 04-24-2019, 07:39 AM

Beauty

I'm curious. When it come to beautifying oneself, which is more effective to look at - Venus, part of beauty, or both? I've personally found them both to be effective. Thanks

Unread 04-24-2019, 09:31 AM

Re: Beauty

I would have thought it would have been Neptune, for beautifying oneself with make-up. Its the glamour and the creating of an illusion for ourselves using makeup.

I was looking at a few models charts the other day, i was looking into Neptune to do with someone being photogenic, and the models charts i was looking at most had a prominently placed/aspected Neptune. Gigi hadid's is directly on her MC, and she's very photogenic. But i'd still use Neptune for beauty too as well as Venus.
Unread 04-24-2019, 11:23 AM

Venus, with the ascendent.
Neptune, yes, for being photogenic.
Unread 04-24-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I would have thought it would have been Neptune, for beautifying oneself with make-up. Its the glamour and the creating of an illusion for ourselves using makeup.

I was looking at a few models charts the other day, i was looking into Neptune to do with someone being photogenic, and the models charts i was looking at most had a prominently placed/aspected Neptune. Gigi hadid's is directly on her MC, and she's very photogenic. But i'd still use Neptune for beauty too as well as Venus.
Hmmmm, I see Neptune as being fluidly and dreamy, but not beauty. I have Venus trine Neptune and I'm too fluidly.
Unread 04-24-2019, 11:32 AM

So guys, I turned to tarot asking why I'm so ugly these days. The answer I got was cos of motherhood. Since my pregnancies and the stress of the kids and sacrificing my own time I've become ugly as ugly gets. That's why I'm asking the question. I'm curious what to look for in my chart to bring back my beauty. My Venus is in virgo in 11th house. Part of beauty is in libra. Neptune in sag 2nd house. Neptune senisextiles the ascendant. I'm feeling so much pressure to do so much work I can't do it all. I want to work on myself but get criticised for it cos it takes time away from making money.
Unread 04-24-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Hmmmm, I see Neptune as being fluidly and dreamy, but not beauty. I have Venus trine Neptune and I'm too fluidly.
But neptune rules all the hollywood glamour, the "lights camera action" which includes the make-up, making the actors look at certain way.

"When it come to beautifying oneself"

I immediately presumed you meant in the sense of applying makeup to beautify oneself [further].

If your saying you have venus trine neptune and your too fluidly, then i suppose that depends on other planets aspecting these two planets and the sign/house that neptune is in.

I did read somewhere on here the other day that if your venus is conjunct the asc that your appearance is not a major factor for you, and you may neglect it...(something along them lines)
Unread 04-24-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
So guys, I turned to tarot asking why I'm so ugly these days. The answer I got was cos of motherhood. Since my pregnancies and the stress of the kids and sacrificing my own time I've become ugly as ugly gets. That's why I'm asking the question. I'm curious what to look for in my chart to bring back my beauty. My Venus is in virgo in 11th house. Part of beauty is in libra. Neptune in sag 2nd house. Neptune senisextiles the ascendant. I'm feeling so much pressure to do so much work I can't do it all. I want to work on myself but get criticised for it cos it takes time away from making money.
Has your PR venus recently changed signs ?

Are any transits hitting your venus/or have been ?
Unread 04-24-2019, 11:43 AM

Neptune is illusion, which is why it is the camera, and it is films.
If you have Neptune in easy aspect with the ascendent (your face-to-the-world) and Venus, you become camera-friendly.
Which is why all the fashion models have this prominent, as well as actors and actresses.
Unread 04-24-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Has your PR venus recently changed signs ?

Are any transits hitting your venus/or have been ?
Yes, these are both important to check out.
Unread 04-24-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Neptune is illusion, which is why it is the camera, and it is films.
If you have Neptune in easy aspect with the ascendent (your face-to-the-world) and Venus, you become camera-friendly.
Which is why all the fashion models have this prominent, as well as actors and actresses.
In the past I have been in the spotlight on the stage. But for many years with motherhood I've been hiding in my home, looking like a**t, suffering mostly from stress, exhaustion and sickness. The transits over these last 8 years of motherhood include Neptune opposite Venus, Uranus opposite mercury, part of beauty, sun and Pluto. Then Pluto square mercury, part of beauty, sun, and Pluto. Now, Uranus is training my natal Venus and triggering my need to look after myself better. I want to do so but I won't be able to have a job the pays so I can do that.
Unread 04-24-2019, 12:23 PM

So Chrysalis, my progressed Venus changed signs at the time from virgo to libra. I don't know what to make of it. I thought changing to libra would be good. But if that's the reason for my ugliness I'm really confused.
Unread 04-24-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
So Chrysalis, my progressed Venus changed signs at the time from virgo to libra. I don't know what to make of it. I thought changing to libra would be good. But if that's the reason for my ugliness I'm really confused.
So venus changing signs into libra by progression, coincides with the time you started to feel (your version of) ugly ?

When venus moved into libra, was/is she making any aspects to your natal planets/pr planets, new ones maybe ?

Also what natal house is your Pr venus in ?
Unread 04-24-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
So venus changing signs into libra by progression, coincides with the time you started to feel (your version of) ugly ?

When venus moved into libra, was/is she making any aspects to your natal planets/pr planets, new ones maybe ?

Also what natal house is your Pr venus in ?
Yes it does coincide with the time. Progressed Venus is semisextile natal Venus and Mars and Saturn. Mars is ruler of 6th, in detriment of progressed Venus. Progressed Venus is still in natal 11th. It will soon conjunct 12th cusp which is exactly on part of beauty.
All I know is that after my twin pregnancy I was butt ugly. Not after my son though. Just the twin girls. I thought my beauty wud naturally come back but it didn't. I'm hoping it is because of the transits and not cos of progressed chart.
I'm not someone who can be a mum and have a job and do fitness. Something has to give. I've been focusing on motherhood and job but my health is sacrificed. I can't do both. Not enough hrs.

So I'm assuming this Uranus trine Venus transit is pushing me to look after myself instead of working.

Last edited by Abby83; 04-24-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Unread 04-24-2019, 12:47 PM

Can you post your charts, the natal and progressed?
Unread 04-24-2019, 12:48 PM

I just edited my last comment.
Unread 04-24-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Can you post your charts, the natal and progressed?
I can't with my phone, but I can give U birth details.

11th October 1983, Adelaide South Australia, 7:31am. I became real ugly since 2013.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
Chrysalis (04-24-2019)
Unread 04-24-2019, 01:38 PM

And you know what I find most ironic and educational at the same time?

I used to whinge and whine on this site asking astrologers 'why won't men approach me?' that was when I looked good. Now, I'm disgusting, and I have men flirting with me every day, asking me to sit on their face and what not. I must say it has been a learning experience but I'm more shocked than anything.
Unread 04-24-2019, 02:05 PM

At the same time your PR venus moved into Libra in 2013, this was the same time as your saturn return. At this point saturn was Tr retrograde at 8 degrees scorpio 4 degrees away from your natal saturn, this would have been intensifying your already natal placement of venus in virgo sextile saturn.

You also had at this point neptune opposing your venus, you not being sure who your are venusian wise anymore.

Using another technique ive recently been testing out, your venus is highlighted up until 2021, anything aspecting your venus will have an effect on you more so than any other planets. As you've got uranus closing in to your venus on this trine, and opposing your saturn, then maybe a whole new change of look is in order, like a total revamp.
Unread 04-24-2019, 02:45 PM

Natal and progressed.
Unread 04-24-2019, 03:02 PM

And here is the list of your natal Venus midpoints.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 17.01.17 copia.jpg (51.3 KB, 2 views)
Unread 04-24-2019, 04:16 PM

How interesting
Unread 04-24-2019, 04:38 PM

Comparing the two charts, and the midpoints some interesting aspects come to light.
In the natal chart your ascendent in scorpio has lots of fascination in itself, and Uranus and Jupiter are in conjunction there, in sagittarius. So you love to look a little different, but passionate and flirty?
These are square your mars/venus conjunction in virgo, a bit of a nitpick, aloof and sultry. The mars/venus square to your ascendent would make you attractive, I would think more appealing, glamorous and sexy than classically "pretty". The ascendent also has a semi-sextile to Neptune adding allure and fascination. Quite a package!
South node is in the first house. (are you average or on the short side?)
It's near your moon, again piling up on the wispy quality.
The Venus/ascendent midpoint exactly sextiles your natal moon. You are emotionally tied up with your appearance and your beauty.
Venus/Lilith midpoint is almost exactly conjunct your ascendent, again sultry and sexy, something tempting but unattainable, notes of the forbidden underworld, and you present it to the world in an unusual way, maybe its your independence that makes you seem illusive, or your originality (what colour do you dye your hair?).
That you are very much entwined in the importance of your appearance is confirmed by the Venus/Chiron midpoint that exactly squares your sun of Ego and Identity. You have to look good, not for others but for your own sake, for your own sense of self worth. You're heavily invested in it.
Then there is the Venus/sun midpoint (i.e. appearance, beauty with self-identity) that square Neptune, in the 2nd house of self-value and self-worth. The same theme keeps repeating itself here. Your appearance is basic to you.
Taking it one step further, the Venus/mercury midpoint squares the moon's nodes. What you think about your own beauty is the challenge you face in this lifetime. Your south node in the first says you were already there in a past life, this is your comfort zone, this is what makes you feel safe. The north node is where you have to go now, which is in relationships with others, emphasis off yourself and onto your partner, which is not easy because of the Venus/mercury midpoint square, and when it becomes too much for you, you run back to your safe place, at the south node, of your appearance.
Does this resonate with you?
If we move on to the progressed chart, again indications that this is an important moment in your life.
The progressed sun is sitting on your natal ascendent, so your individuality and ego are now out there up front and stimulating your concerns about your appearance.
Progressed mars is exactly square natal Neptune (in the 2nd of self-worth, remember?). So your self confidence is down and your intuition at the moment is not reliable, you want to try some things but somehow they aren't quite right, they aren't practical. Mars is in the 10th of career, Neptune in the 2nd of money, so this is also why you haven't been able to find a solution that combines caring for your appearance with your income. It's been eluding you.
The progressed mars is also exactly sextile your natal Venus/Lilith midpoint, giving you added strength and stimulation to express your appearance, so you will find a solution.
If we look at the progressed ascendent it's just entered Capricorn, with Neptune of illusions and delusions nearby but passing out of the first house. So you'll find yourself more ambitious, more serious. You'll even look more serious, darker, a little shy and timid. Your new ruler is Saturn, which is good because it is well placed in your natal chart, in scorpio, near Pluto (your chart ruler) and sextile your mars/venus conjunction. Together with your responsible Capricorn ascendent it will give you the self-control and discipline and desire you need right now to confront your problems and find solutions.
Another aspect to this is that both Capricorn and Saturn are related to ageing, and while you are by no means old, you have to begin to come to grips with the idea that you are ageing (everyone does) and as you do so, so does your appearance. Lessons to be learned here.
The important moon's nodes are now in the 6th, where the north node will draw you into work (which is what your mars/venus live for!), and in the 12th where Jupiter of good times is conjunct your south node of the past. You should be working, if you start partying you will regret it and delay your progress!
The progressed Venus at 6 libra has been conjunct your Venus/saturn at 4 libra, which is one reason why you have been seriously approaching the topic of your appearance.
And progressed Pluto (natal ascendent ruler and transformation energy) is at 0 scorpio, exactly conjunct your Venus/Neptune midpoint.
These charts show an amazing picture, all very integrated and now yes, it's very clear why you are concerned and also why it is important for your own ego and health that you do dedicate yourself to finding solutions that will restore your identity to you. Pluto transforms, goes to the roots and then rebuilds. His is the energy from your natal ascendent, and you should follow his guidance.
This phase of your life has very little to do with how you actually look, but very much about how you feel about how you look.
And once your self-confidence is restored you will be able to give more to those around you as well.
Unread 04-24-2019, 04:56 PM

Apologies for sending such a long text, but the two charts and the midpoints are so rich in material, I got carried away! So many layers to look at, it's an important and perhaps pivotal moment for you, just hope some of what I've written can help give you some insight. I didn't touch on any of the points you had already mentioned, no sense in that.
God speed to you, you will do it, I'm sure!
Unread 04-24-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
At the same time your PR venus moved into Libra in 2013, this was the same time as your saturn return. At this point saturn was Tr retrograde at 8 degrees scorpio 4 degrees away from your natal saturn, this would have been intensifying your already natal placement of venus in virgo sextile saturn.

You also had at this point neptune opposing your venus, you not being sure who your are venusian wise anymore.

Using another technique ive recently been testing out, your venus is highlighted up until 2021, anything aspecting your venus will have an effect on you more so than any other planets. As you've got uranus closing in to your venus on this trine, and opposing your saturn, then maybe a whole new change of look is in order, like a total revamp.
Thank you Chrysalis 🤗,

You know when I had that Saturn return I was told I had gestational diabetes. I'm like wtf? But after pregnancy I no longer have it. With the twins it was immunity and stress bothering me. I guess Saturn in Scorpio is in detriment of Venus? Man did I have bad health far out.
Thanks for that re Uranus transit. So need this right now after all the stress I've been through.
Unread 04-24-2019, 10:45 PM

Elena I'm so happy to have received such an extensive reply 😍😘☺️. I will reply in increments so I can look back.

First off, as for the north node, I have been doing a great job at putting my husband/relationship first, as well as my kids, but I fail to look after myself in the process. I can do it, but it feels like everything I do is for them and nothing for me.
It's not so much that beauty was an issue for me. It was the fact that I look unhealthy. When I look at myself in the mirror my body looks like it's been beaten and tired. Like it can't function anymore. And to be honest, it can't. So to see how horrible I look is more a reflection of how unhealthy I look. I just Wana be healthy and get all these burdens off my back.

When U say I have a need to look good, I wud say it's more a need to feel good and healthy. And by feeling good and healthy I will look good anyway.

As for Saturn - when I look in the mirror my eyes are scary. I look like a serial killer.

With the sun, instead of ego id refer to this planet as vitality. So again, I'll just point out that for me it's not so much about being pretty. I just want to be healthy again. My poor health has made me ugly but if I was healthy I'd look better. Ppl have been commenting they're worried about me cos I've aged like 20 years since having the twins. They say my HB looks great but I look like s**t. I do want the vitality that comes with the sun. I've been hiding it to get along better with ppl. Sacrificing my needs to get along with others.

Oh one of the main things I experienced after having twins is adrenal fatigue. That's supposedly what's making me look so unhealthy. If that's the case, I wouldn't handle getting a job.itd exacerbate my condition more.

Last edited by Abby83; 04-24-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Tags
beauty