Is the 4th house a relationship house?

wan

Hello. I am sure most of us know that the 1st, 5th, 7th and sometimes the 8th houses are relationship-oriented houses. Whenever we study synastry charts, we look at these houses. But what about the 4th house? Tbh, I have not heard of it referred to as being important in relationship analysis, however I feel that it should. For one thing, it's an angular house but with intimate themes. It deals with the home (both symbolic and actual), one's roots..etc. I believe in composite charts, it deals with the couple settling down together. I feel that it should be as important as the 8th house. Probably not as significant as the 7th but it definitely deserves looking into.

What do you think?

CapAquaPis

ACCORDING TO REX BILLS, this is everything that is considered part of the 4th house:

AGRICULTURE, AUNTS UNCLES FROM THE FATHER'S SIDE IN FEMALE HOROSCOPE, YOUR BODY'S FINAL RESTING PLACE, YOUR BIRTHPLACE, BROTHERS & SISTERS IN GENERAL, FINANCES OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS, BREASTS, BUILDINGS, PUBLIC BUILDINGS, YOUR BURIAL, SORROWS AND LOSSES RELATED TO CHILDREN, CITIES, CONCLUSION OF A PROJECT, GAINS FROM CONTRACTS, COUSINS ON THE MOTHER'S SIDE, PHYSICAL DEATH OF YOUR BODY, DIGESTION, DIGESTIVE ORGANS AND TROUBLES WITH THEM, DOMESTIC LIFE, DOMESTIC ENVIRONMENT, DWELLINGS, ACTIONS YOU UNDERTAKE NEAR THE END OF LIFE, ENEMIES, SECRET ENEMIES, ENVIRONMENT, ESTATES, FAMILIES, FARMS-FARMING-FARMERS, PROPERTY DAMAGE FROM FLOODS, FIELDS, HEALTH OF FRIENDS, LOSSES FROM GAMBLING, GARDENS-GARDENERS-GARDENING IMPLEMENTS, ONE'S COOPERATION WITH THE GOVERNMENT, GRAVES-ONE'S GRAVE-GRAVEDIGGERS-GRAVESTONES, GROUND, HIDDEN THINGS, HOMES. HOTELS, HOMESTEADS, PUBLIC HOUSING, ONE'S INHERITED(GENETIC) TENDENCIES, GAINS FROM SHORT JOURNEYS, SORROWS FROM LOVE AFFAIRS, MILK-MILKMAN, OLD AGE-OLD PEOPLE, DIGESTIVE ORGANS, OUTCOME OF ANYTHING, THE END OF ANYTHING, MARRIAGE OF PARENTS, PARENTS IN GENERAL(BUT YOUR SPECIFIC PARENTS), REPUTATION OF YOUR PARTNER, ELDERLY PEOPLE, PEOPLE SHARING YOUR HOME, PHYSICAL STRENGTH, MUNICIPAL POLITICS, UN-MOVEABLE POSSESSIONS, RANCHES, REAL ESTATE-REAL ESTATE AGENTS, RENTAL PROPERTY, FATHER OF A WOMAN, PLACES OF REST, RESULT OF ANYTHING, ROOMING HOUSES, SELF REHABILITATION, ONE'S SPIRITUAL SECURITY, UTERUS, WOMB (and adding by MD is pertaining to the/one's mother, maternal side or female relatives, i.e. mother of a man).

The sign Cancer, it's ruler of the 4th house, also has references to groceries, supermarkets, retailers and department stores. My ascendant is Cancer and my moon conjuncts natal sun in Aquarius and in between is a Pluto in 4th Libra.

Astrologer Joseph

Hello. I am sure most of us know that the 1st, 5th, 7th and sometimes the 8th houses are relationship-oriented houses. Whenever we study synastry charts, we look at these houses. But what about the 4th house? Tbh, I have not heard of it referred to as being important in relationship analysis, however I feel that it should. For one thing, it's an angular house but with intimate themes. It deals with the home (both symbolic and actual), one's roots..etc. I believe in composite charts, it deals with the couple settling down together. I feel that it should be as important as the 8th house. Probably not as significant as the 7th but it definitely deserves looking into.

What do you think?

Hi Wan

I have found that before the Saturn Return of the person, the 4th house does come into play in regards to sensitivity and values being a factor in forming relationships and how much a person's 'comfortable' with their partners at the time. After the Saturn Return, the chart has materialized more and the 4th house then governs the emotional lens of that person a bit more, E.I. reflections on their upbringing, unconscious influences and some of the key motivations behind making something in the world (connection with opposite house, 10th). Having said this, all these things do affect intimacy and the way a person interacts with a significant 'other', especially if they share a 'home or residence' together (4th house issue).

Astrologer Joseph