Part of Tragedy conjunct Part of Benevolence?

princess valhalla

Ok, so I was calculating some of my arabic parts and found that my Part of Tragedy is exactly conjunct my Part of Benevolence. I found this to be rather odd, wondering what that could imply.

They are both at 19 degrees 40 min Aquarius. So the sabian symbol for the 20th degree of Aquarius is:
[ibid.]
"PHASE 320: (AQUARIUS 20°): A LARGE WHITE DOVE BEARING A MESSAGE.

KEYNOTE: The answer of spiritual agencies to thorough, sustained and victorious individual efforts.

This concludes most significantly this series of five symbols. The individual who has gone courageously and with indomitable spirit through his crucial crisis receives, as it were, a deep spiritual blessing from the Soul-realm: "Mission accomplished. Peace be with you." And in this blessing a secret prophecy of what is yet to come may be seen by the perspicacious and spiritually sensitive mind of the recipient. Every real spiritual step a man takes in his development is the result of a victory over forces of inertia or destruction. The Divine is totally "present" in the heart of all true victories.

This is the fifth and last symbol of the sixty-fourth series. What the "message" is depends on the particular situation, but the white dove always signifies peace; at the very heart of this peace is the CERTIFICATION of individual worth and victory."

This is a very spiritual sabian symbol. What I find interesting is the part about "Certification of individual worth and victory." It ties in with the sabian symbol for my ascendant, 23 Taurus. It speaks about "Certification of Personal Worth."

23 Taurus:
[ibid.]
"PHASE 53 (TAURUS 23°): A JEWELRY SHOP FILLED WITH VALUABLE GEMS.

KEYNOTE: The social confirmation of natural excellence.

Two elements should be distinguished in this symbolic picture: the gems that result from natural processes, often induced by extreme volcanic heat and pressure, and the finished products of refined craftsmen. Both the gems themselves and the artistry are highly prized and bring prestige to the owner of the jewels. The symbol applies to any product in which culturally acquired skill has embellished or transformed the end results of a lengthy and demanding natural process.

This is the third stage of the eleventh five-fold sequence of phases. At this stage we are concerned with the social process which brings about a CERTIFICATION OF PERSONAL WORTH."

Wondering thoughts about this? Again, I find it odd that Part of Tragedy is conjunct Part of Benevolence. . .

princess valhalla

To further complicate the matter, my Lot of Nemesis conjuncts my Part of Tragedy and Part of Benevolence!

My Lot of Nemesis is at 20 deg 39 min Aquarius.

Sabian symbol for 21 Aquarius:

[ibid.]
"PHASE 321 (AQUARIUS 21°): A DISAPPOINTED AND DISILLUSIONED WOMAN COURAGEOUSLY FACES A SEEMINGLY EMPTY LIFE.

KEYNOTE: The capacity to meet emotionally upsetting experiences in human relationships with strength of character and personal integrity.

The man who manages vast and complex business enterprises most often reaches power and achieves success because of his ability to deal with crises and temporary reverses of fortune. At the emotional level we now see a "woman" confronted with sharp disappointment and forced to face the vanishing of cherished illusions, presumably in terms of a close personal relationship. She has to learn to manage such crises, which are really tests of inner strength and perhaps compassion. We all have within ourselves the power to learn through emotional crises. But like any other faculty it needs development.

This is the first symbol in the sixty-fifth five-fold sequence. It urges us to develop RESILIENCE under adversity."

Hmmm trying to put this together . . .

piercethevale

Hi Princess V.
If the Part of tragedy that you're referring to is that which is derived from , Asc. + Saturn - Sun, Then that is what I've known as the Part of Tragedy and Fatality.

I wrote something on this already in one of these threads on astrological parts in answer to Phoenix Venus' question on some matter of import to Her.
I'll see if I can't find it later on, it's real late and I had intended to get to you thread and post this eve, but it didn't work out as I had hoped.
So, I'm am going to attempt to convey the explanation in a very condensed form. I hope this works out... [I'm crossing my fingers, anyways]

I have found, to my own satisfaction, and to such a degree I might even say 'Complete'. The Part is about how the world will deem your life at it's closing.
If you'll allow me to use the allegorical here.

Let me first set the situation; We have to go back to ancient Greece in that there are only two type of plays written and performed on stage...either a 'Tragedy' or a 'Comedy' [if I wrong about that factually, well..let's just agree to say that's the fact for the sake of getting this explained...okay?]

Your life is a grand play, t's a 'Tragedy', written by a master hand and you are in the lead role.

The Part of Destiny is, just that, your own destiny, Who you were born to be ,as according to one of the 360 precepts of the degrees of the Zodiac symbolized so aptly by the Sabian Symbols produced by Elsie Wheeler and interpreted, defined and presented by Dane Rudhyar. [I have found no other set of degree symbols equal, let alone better, and as to the set known as the Sabian, no one to have equaled Dane in understanding, explaining, defining and presenting them.]. The Desc. of your chart axis is similar in a way, as it is stated to be the "WHERE-TO" destination of the "WHO" of the Asc. symbolically given by these symbols. One might even go so far as to say that the M.C. and I.C. are a bit similar as they represent the "HOW" and "WHY" of the chart axis symbolism and thus explain the process of "HOW" "WHO" is to get to WHERE-TO" and for the reason "WHY".

Getting back to this 'Play' that is a 'tragedy.
A "Play" is a story and this one in particular is the story of your life. The Part of Destiny [and, or if you wish, you can include part or all of what I just wrote of concerning the symbolism for the four axis points.] is your life story. This Part of Tragedy/Fatality is the 'Moral of the Story', conveyed symbolically through the Sabian Symbol found for the particular Zodiacal degree you find that Part to be in.

[Everyone, if you mention any of the Astrological Parts/Lots for the first time in a thread, could you all please give the formula it is derived from. Not everyone uses the same title given for some Parts and some have many titles, It does help a lot as it sometimes takes me awhile to figure out just which part you all are referring to...Thanks ptv]

As to the Part of Benevolence, I assume you are talking about the one derived from the formula, Asc. + Jupiter - Pluto.
If so, I can only say that I haven't worked with that Part except for a very small number of natal charts. This is a Part that includes Pluto in the formula and no one I know of has had a chance to really get a handle on them yet.
Except the following as for what i have found and am very positive they will stand to further inquiry.

Asc. + Moon - Pluto = Part of Racial Consciousness, or Race or Galvanization, as Pluto was all over the one for the zero hour USA natal chart during the Civil War from 1860 to 1865...yes, all those years in direct and again in retrograde.

Asc. + Pluto - Venus = Part of Libido [see my thread on Bill Clinton in the mundane sub-forum]

Asc. + Pluto - Saturn = Part of Organization [see my thread on Hillary Clinton as her' is conj. her M.C. and Saturn conjuncted that in the midst of Her Presidential campaign in 2007 {I think it was} and note that I use a chart based on a time no one else is working with. There's an uncertainty about the time she was born and I did a 'reading with the clairvoyant, Clarisse Conner, on the matter and what she saw as the time of birth and I saw from a chart produced from that, and for the reason why she explained it to be that time, both convinced me beyond a doubt...both to the time provided and that Clarisse is one dang fine, Clairvoyant. Clarisse really Rocks, at this stuff...truly.

Asc. + Pluto - Uranus = what some call the part of Radical Change but I prefer the term, Sudden Change. Richard Nixon's natal part was conj. his progressed charts I.C. the day he resigned. See my thread on Richard Nixon in the mundane sub forum and my thread on Obama Parts, that was in the mundane but got moved and hence buried in the Natal astrology-celebrity sub-forum, as I make reference to this part as to what I see coming up for Pres. Obama in early 2014 with His progressed natal chart.

This 'Part of Benevolence', as you identified it, I wrote in my thread, [in which I list every Part I know of, and is an ongoing project as it is ever increasing in number, here in the Degree Symbols sub forum , titled,] "Astrological Parts, Known and Unknown...a project" , the following; "Benevolence [which for the formula] ...[Asc +] Jupiter - Pluto...[seeing as how] ...Pluto is the Higher Octave of Mars [and as Asc. +] Jupiter - Mars = Discord, this ['Part', given title of Benevolence] seems erroneous. [and I also wrote] I surmise it to be something rather as to Destructive Philosophy, Destructive Growth, Destructive Gifts, {or possibly it might even be} Contrariness."

Last edited:

piercethevale

a quick note. Many of you know that I do oft refer to that chart I have proposed is the birth chart of Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth, in that...as I say, and for which I titled the book I wrote about the chart, it is a 'template of understanding' .
as that chart has a Pluto-Asc. conjunction [which is what I searched out on that date given by Edgar Cayce] and as I believe it to have been such a near perfect conjunction that it is quite possible that the Part Princess Valhalla is referring to, for Yeshu'a/Jesus' Part derived from the same formula, is exactly the same as the position of Jupiter on that chart for the Man from Naz....or if the Asc. was a little before Pluto [as Pluto was @ 00* Libra 58' 52", there wasn't much chance of it coming after] then it could be just within the previous degree that Jupiter is [or was] in at the time of birth.
Those two possibilities being that of Sagittarius the 13th and the 14th degrees. Look up the Sabian Symbols for those two and see if you can't figure out what this Part should be titled.

Last edited:

piercethevale

...oh, almost forgot. The Hermetic Lot of Nemesis, is also known as the Part of Sudden Advancement.
The one that came up for that Jesus natal chart is in the 11th degree of Gemini and mine is the 20th of Virgo, read those two and see what you think.
As to what Yeshu'a's Part was to him and as for what my Part of Sudden Advancement is to me ...They are challenges, and quite so too. That kind of 'Challenge' , when viewed from a perspective of that as of, an obstacle preventing you, standing in your way of, getting a 'big break', i.e. as to reaching your goal, this Part can then be understood why it is termed, titled as, a "Nemesis".

imh...but experienced...o

So, in that sense, that they are that biggest obstacle to your goal...getting past it is a sudden advancement, maybe sudden isn't the right word for it, as the challenge to Jesus was one that took 18 years, which are know as those 'Lost Years' and mine is such that it could mean as many years...even more?
But it's possible that for the majority of folks it might be something way less time involved and that would be 'Sudden' appearing, to the casual observer.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Without having your chart data its hard to determine what this means. However, Arabic Parts don't interact with each other, they only interact with planets and the ASC or MH. So unles the two of them are conjuncting a planet, its just one of those weird coincidences in life.

princess valhalla

Hi Princess V.
If the Part of tragedy that you're referring to is that which is derived from , Asc. + Saturn - Sun, Then that is what I've known as the Part of Tragedy and Fatality.

I wrote something on this already in one of these threads on astrological parts in answer to Phoenix Venus' question on some matter of import to Her.
I'll see if I can't find it later on, it's real late and I had intended to get to you thread and post this eve, but it didn't work out as I had hoped.
So, I'm am going to attempt to convey the explanation in a very condensed form. I hope this works out... [I'm crossing my fingers, anyways]

I have found, to my own satisfaction, and to such a degree I might even say 'Complete'. The Part is about how the world will deem your life at it's closing.
If you'll allow me to use the allegorical here.

Let me first set the situation; We have to go back to ancient Greece in that there are only two type of plays written and performed on stage...either a 'Tragedy' or a 'Comedy' [if I wrong about that factually, well..let's just agree to say that's the fact for the sake of getting this explained...okay?]

Your life is a grand play, t's a 'Tragedy', written by a master hand and you are in the lead role.

The Part of Destiny is, just that, your own destiny, Who you were born to be ,as according to one of the 360 precepts of the degrees of the Zodiac symbolized so aptly by the Sabian Symbols produced by Elsie Wheeler and interpreted, defined and presented by Dane Rudhyar. [I have found no other set of degree symbols equal, let alone better, and as to the set known as the Sabian, no one to have equaled Dane in understanding, explaining, defining and presenting them.]. The Desc. of your chart axis is similar in a way, as it is stated to be the "WHERE-TO" destination of the "WHO" of the Asc. symbolically given by these symbols. One might even go so far as to say that the M.C. and I.C. are a bit similar as they represent the "HOW" and "WHY" of the chart axis symbolism and thus explain the process of "HOW" "WHO" is to get to WHERE-TO" and for the reason "WHY".

Getting back to this 'Play' that is a 'tragedy.
A "Play" is a story and this one in particular is the story of your life. The Part of Destiny [and, or if you wish, you can include part or all of what I just wrote of concerning the symbolism for the four axis points.] is your life story. This Part of Tragedy/Fatality is the 'Moral of the Story', conveyed symbolically through the Sabian Symbol found for the particular Zodiacal degree you find that Part to be in.

[Everyone, if you mention any of the Astrological Parts/Lots for the first time in a thread, could you all please give the formula it is derived from. Not everyone uses the same title given for some Parts and some have many titles, It does help a lot as it sometimes takes me awhile to figure out just which part you all are referring to...Thanks ptv]

As to the Part of Benevolence, I assume you are talking about the one derived from the formula, Asc. + Jupiter - Pluto.
If so, I can only say that I haven't worked with that Part except for a very small number of natal charts. This is a Part that includes Pluto in the formula and no one I know of has had a chance to really get a handle on them yet.
Except the following as for what i have found and am very positive they will stand to further inquiry.

Asc. + Moon - Pluto = Part of Racial Consciousness, or Race or Galvanization, as Pluto was all over the one for the zero hour USA natal chart during the Civil War from 1860 to 1865...yes, all those years in direct and again in retrograde.

Asc. + Pluto - Venus = Part of Libido [see my thread on Bill Clinton in the mundane sub-forum]

Asc. + Pluto - Saturn = Part of Organization [see my thread on Hillary Clinton as her' is conj. her M.C. and Saturn conjuncted that in the midst of Her Presidential campaign in 2007 {I think it was} and note that I use a chart based on a time no one else is working with. There's an uncertainty about the time she was born and I did a 'reading with the clairvoyant, Clarisse Conner, on the matter and what she saw as the time of birth and I saw from a chart produced from that, and for the reason why she explained it to be that time, both convinced me beyond a doubt...both to the time provided and that Clarisse is one dang fine, Clairvoyant. Clarisse really Rocks, at this stuff...truly.

Asc. + Pluto - Uranus = what some call the part of Radical Change but I prefer the term, Sudden Change. Richard Nixon's natal part was conj. his progressed charts I.C. the day he resigned. See my thread on Richard Nixon in the mundane sub forum and my thread on Obama Parts, that was in the mundane but got moved and hence buried in the Natal astrology-celebrity sub-forum, as I make reference to this part as to what I see coming up for Pres. Obama in early 2014 with His progressed natal chart.

This 'Part of Benevolence', as you identified it, I wrote in my thread, [in which I list every Part I know of, and is an ongoing project as it is ever increasing in number, here in the Degree Symbols sub forum , titled,] "Astrological Parts, Known and Unknown...a project" , the following; "Benevolence [which for the formula] ...[Asc +] Jupiter - Pluto...[seeing as how] ...Pluto is the Higher Octave of Mars [and as Asc. +] Jupiter - Mars = Discord this [title given title of Benevolence] seems erroneous. [and I also wrote] I surmise it to be something rather as to Destructive Philosophy, Destructive Growth, Destructive Gifts, {or possibly it might even be} Contrariness."

Hey ptv! I really like your analogy to the Greek theatre and each of our lives being a play that we are in the lead role. You are correct in that there was either Tragedy or Comedy (at least back in ancient Greece and Rome.) My boyfriend was an Honor Thespian throughout High School and actually has tattoos of the Mask for Tragedy on one of his wrists and the Mask for Comedy on the other. I also personally really like "The Divine Comedy" by Dante Alighieri. :love:
Here is a really cool link on 'Comedy and Tragedy' ~ http://condor.depaul.edu/dsimpson/tlove/comic-tragic.html

For my part of Tragedy, I indeed used the formula: Asc + Saturn - Sun.
For that I got, Aquarius 19.41.

20 Aquarius
[ibid.]

"PHASE 320: (AQUARIUS 20°): A LARGE WHITE DOVE BEARING A MESSAGE.

KEYNOTE: The answer of spiritual agencies to thorough, sustained and victorious individual efforts.

This concludes most significantly this series of five symbols. The individual who has gone courageously and with indomitable spirit through his crucial crisis receives, as it were, a deep spiritual blessing from the Soul-realm: "Mission accomplished. Peace be with you." And in this blessing a secret prophecy of what is yet to come may be seen by the perspicacious and spiritually sensitive mind of the recipient. Every real spiritual step a man takes in his development is the result of a victory over forces of inertia or destruction. The Divine is totally "present" in the heart of all true victories.

This is the fifth and last symbol of the sixty-fourth series. What the "message" is depends on the particular situation, but the white dove always signifies peace; at the very heart of this peace is the CERTIFICATION of individual worth and victory."

Hopefully, mine is a Comedy! :biggrin: "A comedy is a story of the rise in fortune of a sympathetic central character." As opposed to a Tragedy,
"Tragedy depicts the downfall of a basically good person through some fatal error or misjudgment, producing suffering and insight on the part of the protagonist and arousing pity and fear on the part of the audience." [taken from the link I provided above.]

Sorry for the confusion on the Part of Benevolence. The formula I used for that was: Asc + Jupiter - Mercury. It said it was the Part for: Benevolence, Assurance, Real Estate Investment. For That I got Aquarius 19.41 which is the 20th of Aquarius, the same for my Part of Tragedy.

I recalculated the formula for Benevolence that you gave me:
Asc + Jupiter - Pluto = Aries 11.6

12 Aries
[ibid.]

"PHASE 12 (ARIES 12°): A TRIANGULARLY SHAPED FLIGHT OF WILD GEESE.

KEYNOTE: An idealistic reliance upon a mental image of universal order.

The wild goose is the mystical bird, hamsa, of Hindu tradition. This word, which has recurred in various cultures (the Hansa League of Germanic cities in the late Middle Ages, and El Hanza, the founder of the occult Brotherhood of the Druzes in Lebanon, during the era of the Crusades), has always had at least an undertone of integration at an expansionistic level, spiritual or economic. The Hindu hamsa was the symbol of man's transcendent soul. What previous interpretations of this Sabian symbol have failed to grasp is that the flight of geese presents not only a remarkably geometrical V-shape moving through the sky, but also that this flight is seasonal and therefore attuned to planetary rhythms. Thus, it symbolizes cosmic order, in contrast with the social-political order within a nation which is represented by its ruler. It is order made visual on the background of the clear sky. It is a "celestial" type of order, even though it is earth-born birds which reveal it by their ability to keep their flight structured. The symbol therefore refers to the Soul-consciousness as visualized by the heaven-oriented mind. Yet this soul-consciousness can be called transcendent because it has not yet become "incarnated."

Because this is a second stage in the third five-fold sequence begun with Phase 11, we have to consider what it pictures in contrast to the preceding symbol. A basic dualism of consciousness is thus suggested. We see arising a potential conflict between cosmic and social principles of order. The principle of COSMIC ORDER polarizes the all-too-human reliance on the social concept of law and order."

I will continue on the next post to make it easier to read through . . .

Last edited:

princess valhalla

My Part of Destiny. Formula: M.C. + Sun - Moon = Capricorn 3.46

4 Capricorn
[ibid.]

"PHASE 274 (CAPRICORN 4°): A GROUP OF PEOPLE OUTFITTING A LARGE CANOE AT THE START OF A JOURNEY BY WATER.

KEYNOTE: The ability to use natural resources and basic skills in order to achieve a group-purpose.

As this scene was recorded in the original version only in imprecise terms, it seems merely to indicate the start of a journey undertaken by a cohesive group of people, who perhaps together have built this large canoe. Thus we see here a common enterprise which may be an answer to the need for a change of locality. A social group more strongly than ever reveals its homogeneity and common will when it decides to move away from its familiar habitat. The zodiacal sign Capricorn brings this common will to a focus in concrete actions. It does so in terms of socio-political expediency and under a definite type of executive direction, even though the decisions are arrived at by common consent.

As this is the fourth symbol in the fifty-fifth five-fold sequence, we find in it a hint of how to do something concrete. The "canoe" may also have a special technical meaning, as it uses water in order to move. A common feeling-response to a specific situation may be implied. The main emphasis is nevertheless on GROUP-ACTIVITY in circumstances implying a need for change."

Ok, for my Axis.

Ascendant, the "WHO" is Taurus 22.18

23 Taurus
[ibid.]

"PHASE 53 (TAURUS 23°): A JEWELRY SHOP FILLED WITH VALUABLE GEMS.

KEYNOTE: The social confirmation of natural excellence.

Two elements should be distinguished in this symbolic picture: the gems that result from natural processes, often induced by extreme volcanic heat and pressure, and the finished products of refined craftsmen. Both the gems themselves and the artistry are highly prized and bring prestige to the owner of the jewels. The symbol applies to any product in which culturally acquired skill has embellished or transformed the end results of a lengthy and demanding natural process.

This is the third stage of the eleventh five-fold sequence of phases. At this stage we are concerned with the social process which brings about a CERTIFICATION OF PERSONAL WORTH."

My Descendant, the "WHERE-TO" is Scorpio 22.18.

23 Scorpio
[ibid.]

"PHASE 233 (SCORPIO 23°): A RABBIT METAMORPHOSES INTO A NATURE SPIRIT.

KEYNOTE: The raising of animal drives to a higher level.

The rabbit is traditionally a symbol of an overabundance of progeny, thus of a great stress on procreative and sexual processes. "Nature spirits," on the other hand, represent the higher aspect of life energies, as they are said to guide those normally invisible forces controlling the growth of all living organisms, particularly in the vegetable kingdom. Thus the symbol refers to the transmutation of the generative power into a more ethereal and subtle form of potency.

This is the third symbol in the forty-seventh sequence. It brings a new dimension to the preceding two. Whether it is the sexual desire for a progeny, or aggressiveness, the instinctual urge can be raised to a new level. The course can become subtle through a process of TRANSUBSTANTIATION."

I must add that my natal Uranus is tightly conjunct my Descendant at Scorpio 23.32.

24 Scorpio (my natal Uranus)
[ibid.]

"PHASE 234 (SCORPIO 24°): AFTER HAVING HEARD AN INSPIRED INDIVIDUAL DELIVER HIS "SERMON ON THE MOUNT," CROWDS ARE RETURNING HOME.

KEYNOTE: The need to incorporate inspiring experiences and teachings into everyday living.

Today we hear a great deal about "peak experiences" (Maslow). The great problem facing everyone who has had such experiences is how to assimilate what has been felt, seen or heard, and how to let it transform his everyday consciousness and behavior. If this is not done the experience may turn confusing or toxic and perhaps destructive of the integrity of the person.

This fourth symbol as usual suggests to us what has to be done or how to do it. The "return home" from the high mountain, or from any "upper chamber" of the consciousness, may lead to a sense of oppression by the normal realities of existence, or else the soul that has been illuminated may retain enough of that light to transfigure every daily situation. This is the great CHALLENGE TO TRANSFORMATION."

My Midheaven, the "HOW" is Aquarius 6.35.

7 Aquarius
[ibid.]

"PHASE 307 (AQUARIUS 7°): A CHILD IS SEEN BEING BORN OUT OF AN EGG.

KEYNOTE: The emergence of new mutations according to the great rhythms of the cosmos.

The ancient symbolism of the Cosmic Egg (Hiranyagharba in Sanskrit) out of which a new universe is born can be interpreted at several levels. Here we see the appearance of a new type of human being who is not born from "Ancestors" and who therefore is free from the inertia of mankind's past. He is a new product of evolution, a mutant. He constitutes a fresh projection of the creative Spirit that emanates from the cosmic or planetary Whole, and not from any local culture and racial tradition.

This second stage symbol is in contrast with the preceding one. It can be said to announce the EMERGENCE OF GLOBAL MAN for the New Age. The power of the whole is focused within him in perfect freedom from ancient standards of value based on local conditions."

Finally, my I.C. the "WHY" is Leo 6.35.

7 Leo
[ibid.]

"PHASE 127 (LEO 7°): THE CONSTELLATIONS OF STARS SHINE BRILLIANTLY IN THE NIGHT SKY.

KEYNOTE: The power of basic spiritual values which refer to man's common humanity and to all enduring archetypes.

The experience of the night sky with its multitude of stars, especially brilliant in all the countries from which astrology came, is just as basic and archetypal an experience as that of sunrise, full moon and seasonal changes. Every people on this Earth has developed the concept of constellations, probably because of a need to find order in existence and to personalize everything that could be given a permanent form. Such personalizations can be called "psychic projections," but the projection concept should be worked out both ways. If man projects his basic human nature upon the star-filled night sky, is it not just as logical to say that the universe projects its own forever-evolving patterns of order upon human nature? In either case we deal with archetypal factors which endure through a long series of generations.

This second stage symbol once more stands in perfect contrast to the preceding one. The nearly unchanging patterns of star groups are opposed to the sequence of ever-changing fashions and social ideals. The Keyword here is PERMANENCE."

I think this is really beautiful! My story . . . I still need to reflect more on this symbols but I can say that these really resonate with me.

princess valhalla

Ok, my final post for now! I will address the rest of your post.

Part of Racial Consciousness, or Race or Galvanization (Asc. + Moon - Pluto): I get Virgo 3.7.

4 Virgo
[ibid.]

"PHASE 154 (VIRGO 4°): BLACK AND WHITE CHILDREN PLAY TOGETHER HAPPILY.

KEYNOTE: The overcoming of socio-cultural prejudices.

Freedom from all the forms, biases and idiosyncrasies of the particular culture and class in which one has been born and educated is a sine qua non of the consciousness truly "on the Path." The ideal of universal brotherhood underlies all great spiritual teachings, for they all are like branches of the One Tree, Man, in his divine state. This does not mean there are no racial differences, but rather that these differences have a functional value in terms of the whole organism of Man — and of the planet Earth.

At this fourth stage the basic technique which applies to all truly spiritual progress is clearly stated. Every human being should be seen, approached and warmly met as a "child of God," or in less religious terms as an exemplar of Man. Such a status gives to every social and interpersonal group the character of a BROTHERHOOD."

Wow!!:andy: That fits perfectly!

Part of Libido (Asc. + Pluto - Venus): I get Aquarius 14.49.

15 Aquarius
[ibid.]

"PHASE 315 (AQUARIUS 15°): TWO LOVEBIRDS SITTING ON A FENCE AND SINGING HAPPILY.

KEYNOTE: The blessing bestowed upon personal achievements by the spiritually fulfilled consciousness of the Soul.

This symbol can be interpreted at various levels of significance, but it evidently suggests a state of being in which two complementary aspects of spiritual reality — however we may conceive them — are united; this union results in happiness or bliss (ananda). As the two birds are "sitting on a fence," and a fence separates two fields or gardens, the implication is that the separative consciousness of the ego can thus be blessed, perhaps as a spiritual reward for long-sustained and well-done work.

This is the last symbol of the sixty-third five-fold sequence which completes Scene Twenty-one. Inner happiness is seen to be the reward for all individuals who have made a valuable "contribution" to their community or to mankind as a whole. In its highest aspect this happiness is indeed BEATITUDE."

niiice!! :smile:

Next, my Part of Organization (Asc. + Pluto - Saturn): Gemini 16.55

17 Gemini
[ibid.]

"PHASE 77 (GEMINI 17°): THE HEAD OF A ROBUST YOUTH CHANGES INTO THAT OF A MATURE THINKER.

KEYNOTE: The transformation of physical vitality into the power to build concepts and intellectual formulations through which knowledge can be transferred.

While in the preceding symbol we see the explosive release of impulses generated by a new realization of what is right and wrong - the "woman" way controlled by feelings - now we have a picture of a process of quiet and steady metamorphosis of biological energy into mind-power, which can be seen symbolically as the "man" way. The symbolism may seem old-fashioned today, but the two contrasting approaches to communication of new experiences remain evident, however one wishes to symbolize them.

This second stage of the sixteenth sequence, as is nearly always the case, presents a contrast with the first stage. What we see pictured is the transformation of emotions into mind, of instincts into thoughts - a process of MENTAL METAMORPHOSIS."

Last, you mention Part of Radical Change/Sudden Change (Asc. + Pluto - Uranus): I get Aries 20.10

21 Aries
[ibid.]

"PHASE 21 (ARIES 21°): A PUGILIST ENTERS THE RING.

KEYNOTE: The release and glorification of social aggressiveness.

Here we find potency glorified as muscular strength and will-to-power. Because it is potency operating at a harshly competitive level, it can and often does imply the possibility of defeat or disfiguration. In one sense the symbol translates into social terms the primordial struggle for survival of the fittest, adding to it an eagerness for social fame and social power (i.e. money). In another sense, the ring with two fighters in it can be referred to the Tai Chi symbol and the interplay between Yang and Yin. Each of the two types of energy wins in turn. Victory is always temporary in a dualistic world.

This is the first stage of the fifth five-fold sequence of cyclic phases. Potency and the two-fold possibilities inherent in any release of power are seen operating at the socio-cultural and emotional level. The symbol reveals man's deeply rooted feeling of admiration and envy for whoever can generate OVERWHELMING POWER."

This is my LEAST favorite of my sabian symbols thus far. I don't relate to it in that I don't desire power. Not in the least bit. I adhere to the saying, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." But it is the part for sudden change so . . . not sure. I just can't see myself changing my core beliefs that much. Further contemplation is needed.

piercethevale

Yes! Those Sabians are so fitting, aren't they!

As your Part of Tragedy/Fatality is saying that you will be remembered as a messenger of Peace [that is if you live your life in a manner that is applied towards one of 'Spiritual Evolution'] the others just fall right in place and corroborate the fact.

I am very curious though, what you used initially for a formula for a Part of Benevolence...would you be willing to divulge it?

After I posted my last herein a couple of days ago...I spent a couple of hours contemplating the Part and took my own advice in referring to that chart that i am convinced of is in fact the natal chart of the man from Nazareth.
I am now rather convinced that the proper understanding is that it is a part of Transformative Growth if taken in a mundane way, but also, it can be one of Transformative Philosophy or Religion for those that live their lives in a spiritually evolutionary way.
If you read the Sabian Symbols for either the 13th or 14th degree of Sag. as being that part for Jesus/Yeshu'a, I think it to be fairly easy to understand what I'm talking about.

piercethevale

Regarding your Part of Sudden [or radical Change] just remember what Zarathu has pointed out in that these only become activated by transiting influences. i do include, at present, those of the Moons Nodes and the two 'Liliths' [not the asteroid]. I do also consider to be of affect the progressed natal chart as to the same influences that have progressed in relation to the natal chart. Also the chart axis points of the natal progressed that conj. the natal Part. [again; see my thread on Richard Nixon and that for Obama's Parts that i already mentioned, for more on the business of a progressed natal chart.]

If you have read enough of my threads concerning astrological parts then you know I am quite convinced and have shown by demonstration numerous times that all these Parts lots quite literally illustrate through the Sabain Symbol found for the degree of the Zodiac they are in to be literally the action, attitude, philosophy etc. one must do or assume in personification, to acquire or achieve that principle stated to be the part given in its subject title.

...For an example:
The Part of Fortune is that action, attitude, philosophy, etc. that one must employ [or assume within their personification] to achieve the most 'fortunate circumstances' or to be most fortunate in completing their lifes' dharma.
for example, the chart I assert is that of the man from Nazareth has the 19th of Pisces as its Part of Fortune.
[ibid.]

"A MASTER INSTRUCTING HIS DISCIPLE.

KEYNOTE: The transfer of power and knowledge which keeps the originalspiritual and creative Impulse of the cycle active and undeviated.
"

As to your Part of Radical or Sudden Change, it makes complete sense to me in that from what Sabian Symbols you have divulged , your are a "lover not a fighter' by nature. If you were to suddenly become aggressive and or reactionairilly combative you will undoubtedly be subjected to a radical or sudden change, especially if you end up in jail.. which is about as radical and sudden a change one could find themselves in...imho, of course.

Last edited:

piercethevale

...I should have added, or perhaps I should only speak to Zarathu...
There are no "Weird Coincidences"... to paraphrase guru, Ram Das, nee Richard Alpert.

princess valhalla

Yes! Those Sabians are so fitting, aren't they!

As your Part of Tragedy/Fatality is saying that you will be remembered as a messenger of Peace [that is if you live your life in a manner that is applied towards one of 'Spiritual Evolution'] the others just fall right in place and corroborate the fact.

I am very curious though, what you used initially for a formula for a Part of Benevolence...would you be willing to divulge it?

After I posted my last herein a couple of days ago...I spent a couple of hours contemplating the Part and took my own advice in referring to that chart that i am convinced of is in fact the natal chart of the man from Nazareth.
I am now rather convinced that the proper understanding is that it is a part of Transformative Growth if taken in a mundane way, but also, it can be one of Transformative Philosophy or Religion for those that live their lives in a spiritually evolutionary way.
If you read the Sabian Symbols for either the 13th or 14th degree of Sag. as being that part for Jesus/Yeshu'a, I think it to be fairly easy to understand what I'm talking about.

Hi ptv! Apologies for my late replies. I have been feeling rather down lately, not sure why. :sad: Anyways, I tried to respond to this thread a while back but my computer died in the middle of my post!

I am actually very familiar with the Sabian Symbol for the 13th of Sag, as that is the symbol for my natal Mercury! Which means that my Mercury conjuncts Jupiter in the chart you have for Jesus/Yeshu'a, as well as his "Part of Transformative Growth." :cool:

The formula I used originally for my Part of Benevolence is Asc + Jupiter - Mercury.

Speaking of POF, mine is the 26th of Gemini.
[ibid.]

"PHASE 86 (GEMINI 26°): FROST-COVERED TREES AGAINST WINTER SKIES.

KEYNOTE: The revelation of archetypal form and essential rhythm of existence.

At this third level of "exteriorization" a contact with archetypes and pure forms of individual selfhood is to be sought - also with the characteristic images (Spengler's Ur-symbols) of the culture. Externals are left behind. This is a step beyond "pruning"; it is rather a process of removal of all superficialities of existence. Cyclically, nature helps us to reach this state of bare reality. It is not that we experience the Buddhist's void (sunya), but rather that we reach the essence of our individual being, the form of pure selfhood which is the structuring power underneath all external features - all that belong to the "leaf" realm.

This is the first stage of the five-fold process, now in its eighteenth phase. In a sense we can speak of it as a stage of ascetic repudiation, but it is also one of ESSENTIALIZATION."

My thoughts are rather muddled at the moment, not sure why. Maybe I am just in a funk. In any case, I suppose I should get back to this post when my mind is in a better place, the haze has dissipated and my spirits have lifted.

Last edited:

piercethevale

That formula, Asc. + Jupiter - Mercury is also called the Part of Assurance and I favor that title.
Think of it as symbolically that which you will assuredly have to do. mine is the 19th of Sagittarius, the one I derive froj the chart I propose is that of Yeshu'a of Nazareth is the 13th of Taurus. Both of those symbols , the one as applied to my life and the other as to His don't seem like acts of Benevolence,...I could be wrong... I haven't done enough studies with the Part to date. Matter of fact I just demonstrated my whole file on the matter.

Phoenix Venus

Hi all. I was taking a little hiatus but i could not stay away too long... i missed this place :)

Part of benevolance.... asc + jup - merc... i can't help but think that it has something to do with faith or guiding beliefs.. more specifically, unwavering faith.. no time to really explain my train of thought but it fits with PTV's claim of "Assuredness"... but i think it specifically deals with sure guiding beliefs. i should point out that the alter.. asc+ merc - jup... has the keywords hope, association, integrity, sensitivity. and i'm of the speculation that altering parts will counter each other. for example we might be sensitive about some beliefs but confident about others.

(coincidentally or not my own part of asc + jup - merc *assured belief* has to do with sensitivity of natural forces)

Am i right in saying that the part of tragedy might not be immediately apparent in ones life? As it is kind of a conclusion... something needed in our life to progress our soul...

In that sense i would say, Princess V, having those two (as well as nemisis) in conjunction would mean that some expression of core principles might have to do with your "lifes mission". IT might be that you will be challenged with your beliefs in some way, in order to pass beliefs to others...

I'll point out one quote from your symbol there at 20 aqua that is fitting with what i am trying to convey:

"The individual who has gone courageously and with indomitable spirit through his crucial crisis receives, as it were, a deep spiritual blessing from the Soul-realm:"

reminds me of socrates...... i wonder if his part of tragedy was here... (if this sparks your interest, read platos "phaedo".. socrates' thoughts on afterlife, given the day before being executed for his beliefs..)

I haven't had time to read much of the post so i hope this is not redundant or out of place but i am going to be reading the rest now :)

princess valhalla

Hi all. I was taking a little hiatus but i could not stay away too long... i missed this place :)

Part of benevolance.... asc + jup - merc... i can't help but think that it has something to do with faith or guiding beliefs.. more specifically, unwavering faith.. no time to really explain my train of thought but it fits with PTV's claim of "Assuredness"... but i think it specifically deals with sure guiding beliefs. i should point out that the alter.. asc+ merc - jup... has the keywords hope, association, integrity, sensitivity. and i'm of the speculation that altering parts will counter each other. for example we might be sensitive about some beliefs but confident about others.

(coincidentally or not my own part of asc + jup - merc *assured belief* has to do with sensitivity of natural forces)

Am i right in saying that the part of tragedy might not be immediately apparent in ones life? As it is kind of a conclusion... something needed in our life to progress our soul...

In that sense i would say, Princess V, having those two (as well as nemisis) in conjunction would mean that some expression of core principles might have to do with your "lifes mission". IT might be that you will be challenged with your beliefs in some way, in order to pass beliefs to others...

I'll point out one quote from your symbol there at 20 aqua that is fitting with what i am trying to convey:

"The individual who has gone courageously and with indomitable spirit through his crucial crisis receives, as it were, a deep spiritual blessing from the Soul-realm:"

reminds me of socrates...... i wonder if his part of tragedy was here... (if this sparks your interest, read platos "phaedo".. socrates' thoughts on afterlife, given the day before being executed for his beliefs..)

I haven't had time to read much of the post so i hope this is not redundant or out of place but i am going to be reading the rest now :)

Nice! I like your thoughts on this. It makes a lot of sense. :love:

I LOVE philosophy. It was my favorite class in college.
Probably has to do with a heavy influence of Sagittarius in my chart (Sun, Mercury and Neptune) along with a Moon/Venus Conjunction in the 9th house. I will definitely try to read that. I am always reading. It's not uncommon for me to have 20 books checked out at once from my library! lol

Phoenix Venus

i love reading too. what kind of books do you like? i love spiritual, fantasy, "conspiracy", and astro books.. maybe i'll pm you some time and we can share recommendations..