beauty midpoints?

wilsontc

Staff member
All,

Stephen Baxter on another forum (astro.com) suggested these midpoints and aspects as being "beautiful":
Venus/Neptune -- dreamy good looks
Sun/Neptune -- charisma
Venus/Moon is often lovely with an emphasis on feminine charm
Jupiter/Venus with the angles will often bring "movie-star class/ movie-star charm"
Mars/Venus = Sun (animal magnetism)
Sun/Neptune -- charasmatic, easy to be with
Sun/Venus -- beloved person, lives for love and beauty
Sun/Mars -- ambitious, action-oriented, decisive, formidable
Venus/Mars -- pushy, passionate, paradoxical
Venus/Neptune-- dreamy good looks, artistic taste
Mars/Neptune -- actor, exciting person, subtle actions
Neptune/Ascendant -- seductive aura
Venus on the angles
Sun trine Moon -- beautiful women

What do you think? Do these midpoints work for all the "beautiful people" you know?

Wondering,

Tim

Marilyn Monroe who was considered a beautiful woman has Venus conjunct her Sun/Mars midpoint. Taurus is involved with Venus well placed. Neptune on Asc. A darker sexuality may come through Venus conjunct Moon/Pluto midpoint. Taurus can be a physical beauty.

I have Venus conjunct Mars/Neptune I better sign up for acting classes, (too shy for those maybe the reserved Capricorn).

hiimnotcool

So these points being aspected by what would bring beauty exactly? I'm confused a bit. What about these midpoints bring beauty? For example, Venus conjunct one of them? Venus trine? Sun conjunct, Moon conjunct?

Would Saturn conjunct a beauty midpoint deny beauty? Does he mention anything else?

With that said-I have Pluto conjunct (1 degree, what are the Orbs used?)the Sun/Neptune midpoint so that should mean I'm very charismatic. I'd say that's actually true because everytime I meet the parents of a girlfriend or friends they really take a liking to me. It's quite strange.

The Venus/Moon midpoint isn't quite conjunct (2 degrees) my Ascendant but I have been told that I'm very misogynistic and 'pretty' by more than one person.

Venus is conjunt IC (any angle? I've really only seen mention of the Asc and sometimes the MC).

I don't consider myself too beautiful so that's why I'm wondering about the specifics.

I'm going to look at my best friends chart now because he's a model so there should be some clear indications in his chart...

hiimnotcool

My friend has Saturn conjunct the Sun/Mars midpoint. He's pretty ambitious.

His Neptune/Ascendant midpoint is conjunct the IC.

That's about it there.

hermetic

hmm, i think i have many of those midpoints activated

venus/neptune is conj by Jupiter - people often told me I do look dreamy
venus/moon is conj Uranus
and Sun trine Moon
and I also have Venus sextile asc
I do think I have very proportionate face features and my boyfriend says I am the most beautiful girl ever.
except - beauty needs confidence in order to shine, and that has been my downfall. when i am confident and happy I can be the most beautiful girl in the room, i feel that way and i see people looking at me as such.
on the other hand most of my life i spent being invisible, cancer asc quincunx Neptune - besides dreamy look this aspect also 'blessed' me with the invisibility cloak, apparently :rolleyes:

Venus on asc or MC, in fire signs especially gives real magnetism in females, not so much beauty but attraction

waybread

Tim, did Baxter give his source for these delineations?

Oftentimes with midpoints, they don't have a lot of traction in the natal chart unless they conjunct or oppose a natal planet or sensitive point, natally or by transit. I mean, everybody has all of these midpoints, yet some people are as ugly as a mud fence.

So was there some sense that these midpoints had to occur in the first house or near the ascendant?

I'll try to track down this thread and report back.

wilsontc

Staff member
the more the merrier, to cool

cool,

You asked:
So these points being aspected by what would bring beauty exactly? I'm confused a bit. What about these midpoints bring beauty? For example, Venus conjunct one of them? Venus trine? Sun conjunct, Moon conjunct?

The idea is that the more that planets are activating these midpoints, the stronger the "beauty" will be in the person. And the beauty will depend on the planet that is "in the middle". For example, if :mars: is in the middle of a beauty midpoint, then the person might have an "angry beauty" of some kind.

Explaining more,

Tim

wilsontc

Staff member
no source, to waybread

waybread,

You asked:
Tim, did Baxter give his source for these delineations? Oftentimes with midpoints, they don't have a lot of traction in the natal chart unless they conjunct or oppose a natal planet or sensitive point, natally or by transit...So was there some sense that these midpoints had to occur in the first house or near the ascendant?

Stephen gave no source. Yes, that was the point. Something had to "activate" the midpoint in some way. A transit or progression would give acting a beauty midpoint would give "temporary beauty" while if it was in the birth chart it would be "on" all the time. And he also mentioned that planets or midpoints near the angles (Ascendant, Descendant, IC, and Midheaven) make the planet or midpoint very strong. For example, :venus: on an angle in a chart.

Here's the thread on astro.com:
http://forum.astro.com/cgi/forum.cgi?num=1245789760/0

Explaining more,

Tim

waybread

Tim, I actually scanned all 13 pp. of that thread on the Astrodienst forum! [yikes]. Baxter seems to be basing his assertions on the work of German astrologer Reinhold Ebertin [The Combination of Stellar Influences, 1940--translated into English and now available via the American Federation of Astrologers.] It looks like Baxter paraphrases Ebertin, rather than quoting him directly. It is possible Baxter has some additional books or websites up his sleeve: he doesn't say.

One thing that Stephen admitted, and that I and most intermediate-level or above astrologers would argue, is that you really have to look at the whole chart; but that midpoint pictures can reveal important information.

I think this system hinges upon there being a supportive planet on or in aspect to the midpoint, and the rest of the chart supporting an interpretation of physical beauty.

Some other works that address midpoints are Robert Hand, 1981, Horoscope Symbols; Michael Harding and Charles Harvey, Working with Astrology; and Don McBroom, 2007, Midpoints. These sources don't link Baxter's selected midpoints to a person's physical beauty, so far as I can tell: after all, Venus/Neptune might indicate someone capable of creating beauty through an artistic talent, rather than someone who is beautiful to look at.

On the other hand, if an astrologer reads a chart of someone known to be beautiful [such as a film star] or the question arises as to whether a chart native might be physically beautiful, these midpoints might be something to consider.

hiimnotcool

Pretty interesting. I ended up going through all 13 pages as well. Not a single page addressed the orb question unfortunately. He also seemed to count square aspects to the midpoints as well. I remember him saying that Clive Owens Mars squared one of the midpoints to give him his looks. He also seems to be strict on the angular Venus as well. Not only does it need to be angular, but it has to be conjunct the actual angle.

smilingsteph

Would Saturn conjunct a beauty midpoint deny beauty? Does he mention anything else?

With that said-I have Pluto conjunct (1 degree, what are the Orbs used?)the Sun/Neptune midpoint so that should mean I'm very charismatic. I'd say that's actually true because everytime I meet the parents of a girlfriend or friends they really take a liking to me. It's quite strange.

The Venus/Moon midpoint isn't quite conjunct (2 degrees) my Ascendant but I have been told that I'm very misogynistic and 'pretty' by more than one person.

Venus is conjunt IC (any angle? I've really only seen mention of the Asc and sometimes the MC).

I don't consider myself too beautiful so that's why I'm wondering about the specifics.

I'm going to look at my best friends chart now because he's a model so there should be some clear indications in his chart...

Seriously,
I thought you were a model! Always did when you joined! :biggrin: I thought you would have the midpoints, all of them :wink:

No really, I am attracted to those with Saturnian midpoints....my ex and my current both have them! Maybe it sets off my need for security with the moon and saturn in the 7th....

Again that is too why they use midpoints in synastry.

katydid

IF, Goddess forbid, I HAD to give away all of my Astrology books, and could only keep one reference book, it would be Ebertins ' The Combination of Stellar Influences.'
I call it my bible and my copy has nearly disintegrated from constant use.

I do not use all of the midpoints and I do not print them ALL out. But I do take special note of all of the configurations in the chart, and I immediately check to see if any of them are exact by midpoint. in other words, some t-squares are exact by midpoint, even if they appear to be wide by orb.[ If the apex of the tsquare is 5 degrees applying to one end of the opposition, and 5 degrees separating from the other end for example.] That makes that tsquare MORE powerful than it may appear at first. The same holds true for grand trines, which may seem very wide by orb. If it is exact by midpoint then it is very powerful.
Then when you find midpoints being activated by other planetary aspects or by transit or progression, you can look up Ebertins description in his book on stellar influences. He was a true genius imo.

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
Jupiter/Venus with the angles will often bring "movie-star class/ movie-star charm"
I have Jupiter conjunct Venus, and have always had good luck with the opposite sex..girls always used to chase me, even in pre-school..The conjunction is in my 12th house, so it adds a Neptune quality to my looks. My last girlfriend told me I have a movie-star look..But good looks eventually fade away with almost everybody..

Venus in the 12th house, to a certain degree, can show one whose beauty was their undoing..But I've always read that Jupiter and Venus in 12th is a really fortunate placement, but more in terms of spiritual "luck". I would imagine that any combo of Venus/Neptune/and Jupiter would produce a magnetic, ethereal beauty.
I have Mars in Leo rising also, so I guess that would be a Mars/Sun aspect..It's also trine Neptune in 5th that would add the Sun/Neptune "charisma"

They're not midpoints, just aspects, I have to study up on midpoints

Last edited:

Kerrie

So I wanted to see if astrology thought I was pretty hot, lol... I was feeling quiet ugly today. What a good thead :tongue:.

So I have Sun/Neptune midpoint conjunct natal Venus, my natal venus is also conjunct the MC. Yes to charisma that I can turn on and off, um everyone thinks they are hot sometimes, so I wont bore you with the finner details of my hotness, hahaha.

Mars/Neptune midpoint conjunct MC - So I could be an actress, also conjunct my natal Venus, a beautiful actress?

I have Sun sextile Moon... does that count too :bandit:?

My lovely Aries Stellium friend.

Sun Opposite Moon, 9 Applying (Parents are divorced aspect)
Sun Square Neptune, 7 Seperating
Moon Opposite Venus, 8 Seperating
Mars Sextile Neptune, 4 Applying
Venus Square Neptune, 8 Applying
Jupiter Conjunct ASC, 2 Seperating

Used a large orb but...Yeah.:unsure:
Let's just say she have luck with the opposite sex. Rarley luck with the same sex. Moon Square Uranus, Orb 1.:andy:
She is goodlooking!!

/JJ

waybread

Pretty interesting. I ended up going through all 13 pages as well. Not a single page addressed the orb question unfortunately. He also seemed to count square aspects to the midpoints as well. I remember him saying that Clive Owens Mars squared one of the midpoints to give him his looks. He also seems to be strict on the angular Venus as well. Not only does it need to be angular, but it has to be conjunct the actual angle.

The cosmobiologists use squares to midpoints, but not trines or sextiles; in the belief that the harsh aspects have more impact on character development.

I looked up the relationship of Baxter's list of midpoints to physical appearance in the books I have on midpoints [including Ebertin's Combination of Stellar Influences] and just didn't see them there. On that Astrodienst thread I asked him if he were using some other source for his assertions, as I might like to read it. He responded that his midpoint list was based on "empiricism" which I take to mean his personal ideas or observations.

So I think the best thing to do, for anyone interested in pursuing the appearance/midpoint topic further, is just some further personal "research"--the Astrodienst and Astrotheme sites both have large data banks of celebrity charts. Baxter might be right, but then Reinhold Ebertin, Robert Hand, and a few other heavyweights didn't make the connection in the books I've looked at.

hiimnotcool

Seriously,
I thought you were a model! Always did when you joined! :biggrin: I thought you would have the midpoints, all of them :wink:

No really, I am attracted to those with Saturnian midpoints....my ex and my current both have them! Maybe it sets off my need for security with the moon and saturn in the 7th....

Again that is too why they use midpoints in synastry.

haha oh wow thanks!! i never would have thought that about myself.

Vagabondgirl

Interesting discussion, although its old:happy:

Hmm. A teacher I had when I was a kid said that I would suit well as a movie star, for some reason I dont know! I dont really feel it. But still I can see that my venus/jupiter midpoint is on the DC or opposite AC. Venus trines AC and so does Jupiter.

Moon, venus, mars are conjunct (in virgo) but its in the 6th house.

And as far as I can see sun-venus midpoint trine jupiter.

Ive heard that Venus on the angles creates beauty, as well as moon-venus conjunction or good aspects I think? Maybe venus conjunct sun... not sure about it though.

My friend is quite pretty. She has her AC ruler conjunct venus:)

And I think Angelina Jolie has Venus on AC or something like that?

Claire19

All,

Stephen Baxter on another forum (astro.com) suggested these midpoints and aspects as being "beautiful":

What do you think? Do these midpoints work for all the "beautiful people" you know?

Wondering,

Tim
A few you have quoted have nothing to do with beauty.

But Venus Neptune Mars combinations are supposed to be charismatic and appealing. Aspected to the ascendant even more so.

SUn Venus conjunction gives a certain refinement even in men and artistic appreciation and often literary talents and are loved by and love their fathers greatly. Social and pleasant.

Moon Venus gives certain conciliatory ways and can be charming and social. Love their family and have a well co-ordinated and pleasant abode sometimes with art and beautiful objects.

I
Bill Clinton has that combination of Venus Mars Neptune in Libra on the ascendant he is known to be charming, charismatic and attractive.
Mars Neptune is the aspect of great glamour and charisma especially in men. He also has Venus Mars sextile Pluto which adds to the overall sexual and romantic appeal.

When Venus is well aspected and placed the person has to be at least pleasant and sociable which gives attractive appeal. Some possess beauty but no real sex appeal whilst others are sexy without being classicaly beautiful so there are many combinations.

:smile::wink: